More X-MEN Pop!s please!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Tilter

Re: Why X-Men fans get (hardly) no love?

Postby Tilter » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:12 pm

The Comic Thor has been long overdue. We got a lot of the classic X-Men early on. Can't complain.
ImageImageImage

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:48 pm

I've always been a fan of X-Men, I think in recent times (at least in films) the avengers have taken over..with disney obtaining licensing, if they can develop films around x-men, I think it will bring them back to life. lol
Funatic of all things Funko!!

cerealkiller

Postby cerealkiller » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:41 pm

I' love to see the rest of the 4 horsemen. Apocalypse, blob, too many to name.

neonglow

Postby neonglow » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:04 pm

We won't see most of those until Disney finalizes their purchase of Fox.

Oxayotl

Re: Why X-Men fans get no love?

Postby Oxayotl » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:37 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
Spartacus wrote:Here comes yet another Thor Pop and we still haven't seen a Gambit or Rogue or Jubilee and the list goes on and on. And we've seen this time and time again with countless other Marvel characters. Thor has over 10 versions. I'm happy for his fans lol but what about the rest of us? DC fans get new Pop!s every month it seems!

Why haven't we seen for example an updated white costume Storm or a classic black costume Storm? Mr. Sinister, Omega Red, Magneto, Nightcrawler, Mystique, updated Wolverine, Polaris... I could go on and on.

Does it come down to licensing? Why (for example) would it be a struggle to get license to do another version of Archangel when they've already had permission to create him? Why would Marvel say yes to a Storm, Psylocke and Phoenix Pop, yet say no to Gambit or Omega Red?

I'm new to the Funko world so please forgive my ignorance. :D

For a number of years, Marvel was actively removing X-Men from merchandising (except for Deadpool, because they're not going to turn down Deadpool money) in an effort to pressure Fox into selling the X-Men movie rights back. There were no X-Men (or FF) in things like Marvel Disney Infinity, the X-Men were removed from t-shirts that reprinted famous covers, no X-Men or FF characters in the mobile games except for a couple that squeaked through, and so on. This was also the period where Marvel was trying to replace the X-Men with the Inhumans and characters like Daisy Johnson/Quake, who was previously a mutant, became an Inhuman.

Now that Disney is buying Fox, the embargo was lifted and everyone is playing catch up with the X-Men characters.

I came in here to say this and found someone already had. :) I think the future is bright for possible X-Men and FF character sightings.

Mrs_funko_junkie

Postby Mrs_funko_junkie » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:24 pm

I really want a gambit pop... I wish it could happen.
M.F_Jana :cherry:

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:46 pm

I know theres alot of Wolverine/Logan pops already, but I've always wanted a Wolverine pop with his black outfit that he used in the original movie trilogy.

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:00 am

Rogue/Gambit and Morph. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:19 am

While I always get excited for comic versions of pops, like Thor, Wolverine and the X-Men are my true loves when it comes to Marvel.

I missed the MCC Angel and DP Rock candy, so hope to get them someday, and I'm super excited for the DP pops coming out, hope I can get one.
I have to admit I could easily type out 40 or 50 characters in the giant X-Men circle that I'd want, and I have done so in other threads, but for the sake of everyone's eyes and knowing no one would read them all, these are the ones I'm dying for the most.

Updated blue and yellow Wolverine costume, action pose would be cool.
Patch Wolverine
Nightcrawler, Bishop, Jubilee, Rogue, Gambit, Banshee, Havok, Blob, Pyro, Apocalypse, Omega Red, Mister Sinister, Firestar, Cannonball, Captain Britain, Warpath, Sunspot and Thunderbird, to name a few. :D
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 750ish
Dorbz: 35
Mystery Minis: 33
Sodas: 7
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

Spartacus

Postby Spartacus » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:44 pm

Purplemz24

Postby Purplemz24 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:58 pm

lavery01 wrote:For the X-men fans, I’m sure new pops will happen eventually, at least I hope so for you guys. Just have a bit more patience. We have gotten so many unexpected releases lately. lol

No truer words in this community. Patience is the hardest thing to have and yet ends up being the most satisfying thing. Especially when you age a true fan of something and just want to have everything of it. lol
Yessie
IG-> Purplemz24
I play with my Funko pieces... Yes even the grails...

ISO BATWOMAN PROTOS (POP, DORBZ and ROCKCANDY Versions)

ImageImage

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:41 pm

Purplemz24 wrote:
lavery01 wrote:For the X-men fans, I’m sure new pops will happen eventually, at least I hope so for you guys. Just have a bit more patience. We have gotten so many unexpected releases lately. lol

No truer words in this community. Patience is the hardest thing to have and yet ends up being the most satisfying thing. Especially when you age a true fan of something and just want to have everything of it. lol

So true. Sometimes the wanting it causes you to rethink your choices after it's done because then you have trouble keeping up if they release too many. Looking at you Harry Potter line. But I'm all for more X-Men pops.
Jenny
For more fun on IG: @harrypopter

Harry Potter. Disney villains.

Fundays 2017 :freddy1:

XSRK

Postby XSRK » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:44 am

Funko just needs to drop X-Men THe Animated Series Line and make everyone Happy!

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:51 am

Thor is a terrible example. This is the only Thor that matters. In my eyes before this we never had a Thor.
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

geekypeeples

Postby geekypeeples » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:17 am

It has to do with Fox having ownership of Xmen movie licensing up till recently. Now that the Mighty mutants have come back home under the Disney Marvel Brand look for our desires for more Xmen love to be overflowing in the near future. Once they enter the MCU it will go into maximum overdrive production of Xmen related Pops I predict.
Last edited by geekypeeples on Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be well and blessed; g'journey and Keep Lovin' this Pop Life!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:59 am

geekypeeples wrote:It has to do with Fox having ownership of Xmen movie licensing up till recently. Now that the Mighty mutants have come back home under the Disney amarvel Brand look for our desires for more Xmen love to be overflowing in the near future. Once they enter the MCU it will go into maximum overdrive production of Xmen related Pops I predict.

If that is the reason, I hope they focus on comic versions and not just movie versions. I really don't care for the movie versions at all, except maybe Wolverine, but I NEED all comic versions!!

Pops!- 750ish

geekypeeples

Postby geekypeeples » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:19 am

Jezter wrote:
geekypeeples wrote:It has to do with Fox having ownership of Xmen movie licensing up till recently. Now that the Mighty mutants have come back home under the Disney amarvel Brand look for our desires for more Xmen love to be overflowing in the near future. Once they enter the MCU it will go into maximum overdrive production of Xmen related Pops I predict.

If that is the reason, I hope they focus on comic versions and not just movie versions. I really don't care for the movie versions at all, except maybe Wolverine, but I NEED all comic versions!!

That's not all but does or did play a major factor in the choices made. Disney Marvel has many statements released from its creatives ( Fiege and the like...) over the part few years expressing why the Xmen comics and Merchandising have been almost brought to a slow burn. It had to do with the notion of promoting characters that are not owned by the MCU movies which because of their dominant popularity is basically printing money for merchandisers (I got my Infinity Gautlet like so many lol) Outside constantly popular brands like Wolverine and Spider-Man MCU put it down to popularize in merchandise the MCU based characters. Likewise we can have a Classic Thor Pop Finally because the MCU BRAND has made him a household name which to executives means printing more money because of a perception of high demand Thor Merchandise now brings. Why more Phoenix Pops??? Well there is a major motion picture (good or bad) with that name and character Phoenix coming out ( we hope) that has been very much been making the rounds in the news and Pop culture. So yeah this certainly is not all the factors involved in why us Xmen fans are getting love levels of love but I do think it is one of the X-factors....lol
Be well and blessed; g'journey and Keep Lovin' this Pop Life!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:48 am

geekypeeples wrote:
Jezter wrote:

That's not all but does or did play a major factor in the choices made. Disney Marvel has many statements released from its creatives ( Fiege and the like...) over the part few years expressing why the Xmen comics and Merchandising have been almost brought to a slow burn. It had to do with the notion of promoting characters that are not owned by the MCU movies which because of their dominant popularity is basically printing money for merchandisers (I got my Infinity Gautlet like so many lol) Outside constantly popular brands like Wolverine and Spider-Man MCU put it down to popularize in merchandise the MCU based characters. Likewise we can have a Classic Thor Pop Finally because the MCU BRAND has made him a household name which to executives means printing more money because of a perception of high demand Thor Merchandise now brings. Why more Phoenix Pops??? Well there is a major motion picture (good or bad) with that name and character Phoenix coming out ( we hope) that has been very much been making the rounds in the news and Pop culture. So yeah this certainly is not all the factors involved in why us Xmen fans are getting love levels of love but I do think it is one of the X-factors....lol

That's right, I forgot about the merchandise issues because of the Fox/Marvel problems. We do get pops here and there, but it's so sparse it kills me. Like getting Domino in the Deapool wave, which like with the upcoming Dark Phoenix was a sneaky way for them to release pops near the movie but they aren't movie pops, haha. At the end of the day though I just want comic versions of my Marvel favorites, and X-Men always lead the way in my mind, but one here and there kills me, so many we still need!!!!!!!!!! ](*,) \:D/

Pops!- 750ish

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:49 am

Jezter wrote:

Agreed... comic and of course 90s cartoon lol. Idk why but I'd love to have a complete alpha flight team haha
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:17 am

dmitch86 wrote:
Jezter wrote:

Agreed... comic and of course 90s cartoon lol. Idk why but I'd love to have a complete alpha flight team haha

X-Men are my main wants, but in truth, I want all the mutants! Alpha Flight, X-Factor, X-Force, Excalibur, New Mutants, all the villains, and any random mutant like Firestar, Longshot etc. :D

Pops!- 750ish

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:20 am

Jezter wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:
Jezter wrote:

X-Men are my main wants, but in truth, I want all the mutants! Alpha Flight, X-Factor, X-Force, Excalibur, New Mutants, all the villains, and any random mutant like Firestar, Longshot etc. :D

Yes! Everything and anything.
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

DurtyDusty

Postby DurtyDusty » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:54 am

I would personally like to see less-known characters like Mr. Sinister, Omega Red, Nightlcrawler and also some Age of Apocalypse Wolverine, Cyclops, Bishop, Magneto, and Onslaught
:wwe7: It’s Vader TIME

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:03 am

I'm still waiting on Gambit!

DurtyDusty

Postby DurtyDusty » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:34 am

Jezter wrote:

Grew up on the comics, hated the movies (Still do) would like to see more emphasis on the comic lines like the classic X-men. (Angel is a good start)
:wwe7: It’s Vader TIME

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:07 pm

DurtyDusty wrote:
Jezter wrote:

Grew up on the comics, hated the movies (Still do) would like to see more emphasis on the comic lines like the classic X-men. (Angel is a good start)

I could talk all day long about the movies and the many many issues with them, but a small part of my heart was at least happy to see characters I love on a big screen. But yeah, 90s comic fan here, although I'd love for the original 5 done in pop form for sure. I thought that's what might be in the MCC box, but regular red suit Angel is fine, assuming I can get it at some point, didn't have the funds at the time.

When I think of X-Men, I think of the 90s comic versions, so I'd love to have a pop wall of them...someday.

Pops!- 750ish

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:06 pm

you think we'll see new Dark Phoenix pops?
Funatic of all things Funko!!

Spartacus

Postby Spartacus » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:15 pm

2017fanatic wrote:you think we'll see new Dark Phoenix pops?

There can never be enough DP Pop!s lol but I'm happy about the ones coming out next month...for now! :D

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:51 pm

With Disney now having rights to X-Men get ready to see a ton of new pops. I hope Disney starts clean and redo the entire X-Men universe.
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:30 pm

As mentioned, if Disney ever gets the rights over X-Men....... we will all remember these old days when X-Men stuff wasn't anywhere
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:39 pm

theoneupper02 wrote:With Disney now having rights to X-Men get ready to see a ton of new pops. I hope Disney starts clean and redo the entire X-Men universe.

Yeah, they are coming, just gonna take a little bit of time to get design and production rolling.

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:58 pm

I'm always surprised that Marvel and Fox didn't license these more. I'm hoping we see more!
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Rgonzo103

Postby Rgonzo103 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:50 am

I think it has to do with the Marvel cinematic universe. Who would thought Ant-man would have like 4 Pops while characters Gambit, Mr. Fantastic, Alpha Flight and many more.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:32 am

JeffylikesApples wrote:Definitely agree. With Fox owning the X amen it makes things harder. My wife would love to see a Rogue pop and has said it for years. But good things come to those who wait. I mean it took forever to get James Bond. So it may take a bit for new XMen too. Just gotta wait and see.

dmitch86 wrote:I think a lot of if it has to do with Fox owning the X-men for so long.. where as Disney got their hands on all the others much sooner, got them in main stream media and just made them more well known. A lot of people that "like Marvel" have probably never read a comic book and only know the cinematic universe

LOL - if we have to keep waiting, that Rogue pop better be really good when it finally comes to us!! Though I can already imagine all the debate over which Rogue we get...!
Image ImageImage Image

Mantheharp00n

Postby Mantheharp00n » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:57 pm

One of the main reasons I stopped collecting and sold this line of pops is cause of the lack of characters.

My name is G.

ISO: my first proto.

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:42 pm

Spartacus wrote:Image

Well that is good to know but too bad Gambit can't be made. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Spartacus

Postby Spartacus » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:20 am

Wanna see what they'd do with Lady Deathstrike!

emcee

Postby emcee » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:19 am

I'm a HUGE sucker for X-Men pops. The first wave with Professor X, Magneto etc came out in 2014, second wave with Psylocke, Cable etc came in 2016, now that it's 2019 I feel we are long overdue. Iceman was my #1 want for so long and I'm so glad they made him (even customized a Silver Surfer to replicate him). There are way too many that still need to be made that I don't want to make a list lol

cough Jubilee, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Forge.
Collecting since 2013 (Jon Snow)
POP! Count: Stopped counting

Ace+ 76

Postby Ace+ 76 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:38 am

I agree with everyone's statements about needing more X-MEN Pop's. But before we get characters like Gambit, Jubilee ..etc. I feel that we need Nightcrawler, 10" Sentinel.

Popsonpopsonpops_

Postby Popsonpopsonpops_ » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:07 am

Maybe we’ll see a new Flocked version of beast since the older Gemini Exclusive is such an expensive grail

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:52 am

Ace+ 76 wrote:I agree with everyone's statements about needing more X-MEN Pop's. But before we get characters like Gambit, Jubilee ..etc. I feel that we need Nightcrawler, 10" Sentinel.

The 10" sentinel would make my day. That is top of my list. Imagine him on the shelf!

Return to “Pop!”