More X-MEN Pop!s please!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
mkov1226

Re: Why X-Men fans get (hardly) no love?

Postby mkov1226 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:28 pm

Been a fan of Nightcrawler & Gambit since I was a kid so both of those are on my want list. It would also be cool to see a Pop of Apocalypse.
Aka DaCollector
YouTube - http://www.YouTube.com/YouJellyInc
IG - @markdacollector @youjellyinc

ISO: Protos [ Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, AJ Lee & Alexa Bliss ]

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:32 pm

What a Morph that comes with different pop faces? :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

BulletproofMarsh

Postby BulletproofMarsh » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:48 am

Still waiting on Rogue and Gambit!!! These 2 have been dream pops for my Fiancé.

https://www.instagram.com/vee_pike

iRomey74

Postby iRomey74 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:56 am

I think it would have to do with fox having owned the character rights. We should get them soon maybe next year
Sdcc: 2012,2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2022
Fundays: struck out every year since 2012

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:31 pm

BulletproofMarsh wrote:Still waiting on Rogue and Gambit!!! These 2 have been dream pops for my Fiancé.

This would be a AWESOME SDCC exclusive or Specialty Pop. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Image Image Image Image

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:38 pm

:freddy4:
mkov1226 wrote:Been a fan of Nightcrawler & Gambit since I was a kid so both of those are on my want list. It would also be cool to see a Pop of Apocalypse.

I totally agreeeeeee!!! These three wishes need to be granted :bounce:

Hi, I'm JASON!
You can follow me on Instagram: @jpg_rising or on Twitter: @jpg_rising
I also have an Instagram just for my Funko Photography: @PhoenixForcePhotos
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Re: Why X-Men fans get no love?

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:41 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
Spartacus wrote:Here comes yet another Thor Pop and we still haven't seen a Gambit or Rogue or Jubilee and the list goes on and on. And we've seen this time and time again with countless other Marvel characters. Thor has over 10 versions. I'm happy for his fans lol but what about the rest of us? DC fans get new Pop!s every month it seems!

Why haven't we seen for example an updated white costume Storm or a classic black costume Storm? Mr. Sinister, Omega Red, Magneto, Nightcrawler, Mystique, updated Wolverine, Polaris... I could go on and on.

Does it come down to licensing? Why (for example) would it be a struggle to get license to do another version of Archangel when they've already had permission to create him? Why would Marvel say yes to a Storm, Psylocke and Phoenix Pop, yet say no to Gambit or Omega Red?

I'm new to the Funko world so please forgive my ignorance. :D

For a number of years, Marvel was actively removing X-Men from merchandising (except for Deadpool, because they're not going to turn down Deadpool money) in an effort to pressure Fox into selling the X-Men movie rights back. There were no X-Men (or FF) in things like Marvel Disney Infinity, the X-Men were removed from t-shirts that reprinted famous covers, no X-Men or FF characters in the mobile games except for a couple that squeaked through, and so on. This was also the period where Marvel was trying to replace the X-Men with the Inhumans and characters like Daisy Johnson/Quake, who was previously a mutant, became an Inhuman.

Now that Disney is buying Fox, the embargo was lifted and everyone is playing catch up with the X-Men characters.

Thanks for the info, never thought about it before, but this makes so much sense
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

Vader92

Postby Vader92 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:33 am

i cant stress enough for gambit or jubilee. nostalgia for the cartoon in the 90's
IG https://www.instagram.com/popthat818/
Pop count: 202
ISO: overwatch prototypes
OOB Sith pop collector

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:43 pm

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:
Spartacus wrote:Here comes yet another Thor Pop and we still haven't seen a Gambit or Rogue or Jubilee and the list goes on and on. And we've seen this time and time again with countless other Marvel characters. Thor has over 10 versions. I'm happy for his fans lol but what about the rest of us? DC fans get new Pop!s every month it seems!

Why haven't we seen for example an updated white costume Storm or a classic black costume Storm? Mr. Sinister, Omega Red, Magneto, Nightcrawler, Mystique, updated Wolverine, Polaris... I could go on and on.

Does it come down to licensing? Why (for example) would it be a struggle to get license to do another version of Archangel when they've already had permission to create him? Why would Marvel say yes to a Storm, Psylocke and Phoenix Pop, yet say no to Gambit or Omega Red?

For a number of years, Marvel was actively removing X-Men from merchandising (except for Deadpool, because they're not going to turn down Deadpool money) in an effort to pressure Fox into selling the X-Men movie rights back. There were no X-Men (or FF) in things like Marvel Disney Infinity, the X-Men were removed from t-shirts that reprinted famous covers, no X-Men or FF characters in the mobile games except for a couple that squeaked through, and so on. This was also the period where Marvel was trying to replace the X-Men with the Inhumans and characters like Daisy Johnson/Quake, who was previously a mutant, became an Inhuman.

Now that Disney is buying Fox, the embargo was lifted and everyone is playing catch up with the X-Men characters.

Thanks for the info, never thought about it before, but this makes so much sense

Interesting point and I would say it worked for Disney, Now let get those F4 pops. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

jeffcrazy

Postby jeffcrazy » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:01 pm

In addition to the studio politics, i also blame Brian Singer for tainting the X-Men... nuff said on that one

millone

Postby millone » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:11 pm

This thread made me go look up all the varients of xmen. There are so many cool ones. The store/con specific ones are really nice. Too bad ill never have the money to buy them all, though

anime23

Postby anime23 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:18 pm

I need these in my life!

Jubliee, Rogue and Gambit get no love in the films either. I mean I was all excited about Jubliee and then they basically had her in one scene in one movie. Did she even speak?! We will see if we get the Gambit movie. Now with CM there could be a possible origin story for Rogue down the line...
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

Rickakatuna

Postby Rickakatuna » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:28 pm

Marvelfanatic86 wrote:
fischmioli wrote:I’m still waiting for Nightcrawler to come out! Has to be sooner rather than later.

Nightcrawler and gambit are def on my top 3 X-men pops we need !

For sure we need these. I'd like some action poses like gambit with his card lit up
Hi Im Ricky
Im into Anime, Marvel, Dc, Disney, Fantastik Plastik, Rick & Morty, Freddy funko and Ad Icons
Pops:700+
Dorbz:30+
Been collecting since 2014
ISO: Dragon Ball Protos and my hero academia

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:46 pm

I need a Gambit with GitD playing cards.

Disney/Funko - let's make it happen now that the Fox merger is closing in a week.
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

Spartacus

Postby Spartacus » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:41 am

L3g3nD33 wrote:I need a Gambit with GitD playing cards.

Disney/Funko - let's make it happen now that the Fox merger is closing in a week.

YES! :freddy2:

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:21 pm

L3g3nD33 wrote:I need a Gambit with GitD playing cards.

What a great idea! :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

DurtyDusty

Postby DurtyDusty » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:32 pm

I need these in my life!

That Nightcrawler is what I’ve been dreaming of! And that Omega Red is everything I never knew I’ve always wanted.

But yeah I agree with you. Too much focus on MCU and not enough comic origins
:wwe7: It’s Vader TIME

DFWFunkoHunter

Postby DFWFunkoHunter » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:49 pm

I'm conflicted. I've always wanted these pops and have been waiting forever, but another part of me is kind of happy they haven't happened yet....Rogue, Gambit, nightcrawler, etc. With how great the molds and figures are getting I believe Funko can do some great things with these characters and make them look as awesome as they should. I mean look at that new Phoenix coming out! she's fantastic and such a upgrade visually compared to her OG figure. Now I'm just hoping they don't keep us waiting too much longer ! please lol and that Omega Red custom looks so nice! aghhh hopefully this fox/Disney thing helps if that was one of the things holding some back

Marvelfanatic86

Postby Marvelfanatic86 » Fri May 03, 2019 7:11 pm

Rickakatuna wrote:
Marvelfanatic86 wrote:
fischmioli wrote:I’m still waiting for Nightcrawler to come out! Has to be sooner rather than later.

For sure we need these. I'd like some action poses like gambit with his card lit up

Gambit with light up cards is genius !! Let’s hope soon !!
▪️Funko Collector circa 2014
▪️Pop Count 2000+
▪️Comic Con Enthusiast
▪️NYCC - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021,2022
▪️SDCC - 2019, 2022, 2023
▪️Fundays - 2019, 2022, 2023

Marvelfanatic86

Postby Marvelfanatic86 » Fri May 03, 2019 7:11 pm

Rickakatuna wrote:
Marvelfanatic86 wrote:

Gambit with light up cards is genius !! Let’s hope soon !!
▪️Funko Collector circa 2014
▪️Pop Count 2000+
▪️Comic Con Enthusiast
▪️NYCC - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021,2022
▪️SDCC - 2019, 2022, 2023
▪️Fundays - 2019, 2022, 2023

Westlos420

Postby Westlos420 » Fri May 03, 2019 7:13 pm

I agree!!! Gambit would be amazing!
Big D
Fundays 2017 - Making Fun World Premiere - FDO8LV - Fundays 2019 - FunKon
Star Wars Celebration 2022 - Fundays 2022
Dodgers for life!

IG: funko420

ezekiel8487

Postby ezekiel8487 » Fri May 03, 2019 7:13 pm

CosmicCollector77 wrote:I'd like to see more X-Men pops since those are really the only Marvel pops I collect. I'm really hoping we get Nightcrawler, Rogue and Gambit soon

Im still waiting on that Gambit with pink Glow cards O_O

ezekiel8487

Postby ezekiel8487 » Fri May 03, 2019 7:16 pm

DurtyDusty wrote:

I need these in my life!

That Nightcrawler is what I’ve been dreaming of! And that Omega Red is everything I never knew I’ve always wanted.

Those customs are so dope. Omega Red is definitely underrated. I remember him in the original xmen cartoon being a "usual" badguy in the series. Sinister too and how his weakness was Cyclops' optic blasts haha

ImranC23

Postby ImranC23 » Fri May 03, 2019 7:50 pm

It’s funny because Marvel/Disney could make money on X-Men merchandising as long as it wasn’t movie branded. Hence why we always saw Wolverine, Deadpool or X-Men related comic pops and why we got Dark Phoenix comic pops right before the Dark Phoenix movie. I can’t wait to finally get a Nightcrawler and a rogue eventually!
ImageImage

Funatic of the Week: March 8th 2019
Instagram:shelfofimran
ISO:Black Cat Prototype, Freddy Funko Boba Fett, Freddy Funko as Venom

Typale

Postby Typale » Fri May 03, 2019 7:55 pm

Definitely wish their was an omega red or gambit.
As Brian Mariotti once said.... Go boxless, it’s more fun!

Image Image

Mr_Wilson

Postby Mr_Wilson » Fri May 03, 2019 8:20 pm

There are so many variants that could be had with costumes and eras but still nothing compared to Overwatch for example where the same Pharah gets so many variants..
IG: mrwilsonthai
Twitter: WilsonThai

Image Image

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Fri May 03, 2019 8:29 pm

BulletproofMarsh wrote:Still waiting on Rogue and Gambit!!! These 2 have been dream pops for my Fiancé.

My sis gave up waiting and got me a Gambit custom. It’s my favourite!
ISO: Chase Error Batman, Walmart Toothless, HT Thor with Helmet, Metallic Nightwing, Glitter Celestia, Glitter Luna, MM Blue Trixie, MM Santa Jack

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Fri May 03, 2019 8:32 pm

DurtyDusty wrote:

I need these in my life!

The night crawler just needs a BAMF on it and it will be complete :)
ISO: Chase Error Batman, Walmart Toothless, HT Thor with Helmet, Metallic Nightwing, Glitter Celestia, Glitter Luna, MM Blue Trixie, MM Santa Jack

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Fri May 03, 2019 8:34 pm

kiptrip wrote:

My sis gave up waiting and got me a Gambit custom. It’s my favourite!

Very nice! Congrats on that. :)
:freddy1:

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Fri May 03, 2019 8:45 pm

Rogue and Gambit have been my friends wants for YEARS. curious why we haven't had them yet. oh, and jubilee too!!
No need to call me sir or mister.... David is fine.
Currently collecting SW, DC, Marvel, Conans and anything else that catches my eye, mostly anything chrome or GITD

Spartacus

Postby Spartacus » Fri May 03, 2019 11:01 pm

I get the feeling good news is on the way! :D

nerdgirlcustoms

Postby nerdgirlcustoms » Fri May 03, 2019 11:54 pm

clutch09 wrote:Rogue and Gambit have been my friends wants for YEARS. curious why we haven't had them yet. oh, and jubilee too!!

Rogue and Gambit are the ones I'm dying for, too. Even named one of my dogs Gambit!

Mr_Wilson

Postby Mr_Wilson » Sat May 04, 2019 12:52 am

X-Factor and Alpha Flight! Canada Fan Expo ezzzz
IG: mrwilsonthai
Twitter: WilsonThai

Image Image

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Sat May 04, 2019 12:57 am

Yes! 90s X-men still need Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, Gambit, and Rogue! So many awesome X-men characters, would love to see the Blob, Pyro, 6"Sentinels, Bishop, Omega Red, and Mr. Sinister.
Hi, I'm L.J. :spiderman: US Navy Veteran

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: CaliCollectibles
https://www.instagram.com/calicollectibles

nerdgirlcustoms

Postby nerdgirlcustoms » Sat May 04, 2019 12:59 am

CaliCollectibles wrote:Yes! 90s X-men still need Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, Gambit, and Rogue! So many awesome X-men characters, would love to see the Blob, Pyro, 6"Sentinels, Bishop, Omega Red, and Mr. Sinister.

Here's hoping that with the merger, Disney starts letting some of these come out...

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Sat May 04, 2019 8:44 pm

nerdgirlcustoms wrote:
clutch09 wrote:Rogue and Gambit have been my friends wants for YEARS. curious why we haven't had them yet. oh, and jubilee too!!

Rogue and Gambit are the ones I'm dying for, too. Even named one of my dogs Gambit!

nice!!! that's a great name for a dog!!
No need to call me sir or mister.... David is fine.
Currently collecting SW, DC, Marvel, Conans and anything else that catches my eye, mostly anything chrome or GITD

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Sat May 04, 2019 9:01 pm

Bishop, Starjammers, 6" Juggernaught, Warlock, Legion, Morph

Loki437

Postby Loki437 » Sat May 04, 2019 9:04 pm

X-men have such an incredibly rich lore that was barely explored in the current Films. I sincerely hope with the licensing coming back home, that we may be able to explore these characters the same way that we’ve enjoyed the Avengers through the last decade.

That and I’m sure that the pops that would result would be absolutely epic!!
Hi I'm Brandon
Funklub Member: 3538
ImageImage

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Sat May 04, 2019 9:56 pm

Mmm Funko

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Sat May 04, 2019 10:21 pm

Gambit is easily my favourite X-men character so I'm holding out hope for his arrival to the Funko Pop world!!! GITD please :D
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Pop!”