[Suggestion] Showbiz Pizza Place Pops!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
TheLastAnimator

[Suggestion] Showbiz Pizza Place Pops!

Postby TheLastAnimator » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:44 am

Hello all, with the recent suggestion of Chuck e Cheese pops, a great add on to that would be pops of The Rock-aFire Explosion band from ShowBiz Pizza Place! Considering there was a recent figure made for Billy Bob Brockali from the band, Funko should take turn and transform the whole group into pops for the public! There is also a huge opportunity for flocked variants and others. With how much nostalgia and memories these figures would bring, it would be fantastic for Funko to make these happen!
Great idea for a variant of Fatz is Super Fatz!
Last edited by TheLastAnimator on Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
:freddy3:

kickinit

Re: [Suggestion] Showbiz Pizza Place Pops!

Postby kickinit » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:50 am

Never even heard of them before. I assume there weren't any in my area

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:56 am

Nightmare fuel
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:10 am

This post has me bringing back the 80's memories as a kiddo. I'm not sure I would collect the line, but would be interesting to see.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:18 am

Not really familiar with these characters, lol but I’m sure there’s a fan base for them. These are not for me though, but I hope it happens for you.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

kappait

Postby kappait » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:41 am

TheLastAnimator wrote:Hello all, with the recent suggestion of Chuck e Cheese pops, a great add on to that would be pops of The Rock-aFire Explosion band from ShowBiz Pizza Place! Considering there was a recent figure made for Billy Bob Brockali from the band, Funko should take turn and transform the whole group into pops for the public! There is also a huge opportunity for flocked variants and others. With how much nostalgia and memories these figures would bring, it would be fantastic for Funko to make these happen!

What a blast from the past! Haha. As long as the pops are as creepy as the animatronics were i'm in. Haha.
ImageImage

Do or do not there is no try
Yoda '80

:SW9:
Funklub# 7225
Fundays: 2017, 2018

randig

Postby randig » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:44 am

Totally had to google this, was a good read learning about it!
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:48 am

This would be an awesome add!

RSVHockeyDude

Postby RSVHockeyDude » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:49 am

Never heard of it. It sounds like Chuck-E-Cheese. If they made these they would have to make Chuck-E-Cheese ones too

Brutesquad

Postby Brutesquad » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:57 am

When I was a kid we considered Showbiz to be Chuck-E-Cheeses shady deadbeat brother..mostly cause the one by us the animatronics were always busted and the games would steal your quarters..pizza tasted about the same though :)

TheLastAnimator

Postby TheLastAnimator » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:13 pm

Brutesquad wrote:When I was a kid we considered Showbiz to be Chuck-E-Cheeses shady deadbeat brother..mostly cause the one by us the animatronics were always busted and the games would steal your quarters..pizza tasted about the same though :)

I always loved the animatronics for these types of places lol

booboo79
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby booboo79 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:29 am

Holy $#!T show biz pizza place!!! This animatronic characters were def nightmare inducing!!!
Hi, I'm Charlie!
Instagram: @CharlieRestreps

Image Image Image Image Image

jeffcrazy

Postby jeffcrazy » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:04 pm

As a teenager in the 90s, I worked at a Circus Pizza that used to be a Showbiz Pizza that had a Rock-A-Fire Explosion.

But it was the 90s, and it was incredibly surreal to them perform an updated set (even back then) - my store had them sing such
kids birthday friendly songs like the Red Hot Chili Peppers "Under the Bridge" and "Hard to Handle" from the Black Crowes.

I worked in the kitchen with a bunch of dirtbags, basically, and looking back there probably could have been (should have been?)
a major lawsuit against them from the handful of us 15 to 17 year olds who worked there because of how crazy employee parties
got. Even just regular shifts had some insane things going on. I know this a family-friendly forum so I won't go into any of those details.

But I will tell you guys that there was nothing I avoided harder then having to wear the clown costume and oversized head so they could march you out into the dining area for the birthday parties... it was THE WORST. Kids either loved you or hated you and were not afraid to show you either way. Of course, you're the Company's Clown so when a kid punches you somewhere that doesn't feel great, you only have 1 recourse - hug that little brat super tight and just smother them with love. Those situations happened more then they should have, considering you always had a handler walking you around (but then again, it was usually a 16 year old girl who could care less about the dude in the clown suit).

Also, here's a free documentary about the Rock-Afire Explosion Animatronic Band - I found it very interesting, but I am obviously closer to the subject then most of you guys :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTmhS6hcY-A

wow I haven't thought about Circus PIzza in a looooong time - thanks for posting this and giving me a morning dose of nostalgia!

SHAZAMCHAMPAGNE

Postby SHAZAMCHAMPAGNE » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:09 pm

Deadpool used the showbiz pizza band at SDCC last year it was awesome.
ImageImage

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:52 pm

Never heard of that place before. Are they still in business? Where?
Poppin'

JoshChaos

Postby JoshChaos » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:02 pm

Didn't Chuck E. Cheese buy them out years ago? if I remember correctly, the Showbiz theme song was the same tune as the Chuck E. Cheese theme but with different lyrics.

superkatchick

Postby superkatchick » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:32 pm

This would be AWESOME!!! I loved Showbiz and later Chuck E Cheese as a kid and last year I had my birthday at a local arcade bar that has the animatronic Rockafire explosion band that they program to modern Pop/Rock/Rap music and it was insanely great, sadly they are closing and relocating to Branson Mo but it was cool to see them "live" again as an adult! The nostalgia factor is huge here and I think they'd sell really well! I also suggest the documentary that jeffcrazy suggested because it was really well done!
Image Image

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:42 pm

kickinit wrote:Never even heard of them before. I assume there weren't any in my area

Same, never see them in my area.

TheLastAnimator

Postby TheLastAnimator » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:45 pm

jeffcrazy wrote:As a teenager in the 90s, I worked at a Circus Pizza that used to be a Showbiz Pizza that had a Rock-A-Fire Explosion.

But it was the 90s, and it was incredibly surreal to them perform an updated set (even back then) - my store had them sing such
kids birthday friendly songs like the Red Hot Chili Peppers "Under the Bridge" and "Hard to Handle" from the Black Crowes.

I worked in the kitchen with a bunch of dirtbags, basically, and looking back there probably could have been (should have been?)
a major lawsuit against them from the handful of us 15 to 17 year olds who worked there because of how crazy employee parties
got. Even just regular shifts had some insane things going on. I know this a family-friendly forum so I won't go into any of those details.

But I will tell you guys that there was nothing I avoided harder then having to wear the clown costume and oversized head so they could march you out into the dining area for the birthday parties... it was THE WORST. Kids either loved you or hated you and were not afraid to show you either way. Of course, you're the Company's Clown so when a kid punches you somewhere that doesn't feel great, you only have 1 recourse - hug that little brat super tight and just smother them with love. Those situations happened more then they should have, considering you always had a handler walking you around (but then again, it was usually a 16 year old girl who could care less about the dude in the clown suit).

Also, here's a free documentary about the Rock-Afire Explosion Animatronic Band - I found it very interesting, but I am obviously closer to the subject then most of you guys :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTmhS6hcY-A

wow I haven't thought about Circus PIzza in a looooong time - thanks for posting this and giving me a morning dose of nostalgia!

What a story and thanks so much for the info! I know a lot about Chuck E. Cheese and Showbiz from going to those places so often throughout my years along with others. It’s great to hear others perspective of working there :razz:

TheLastAnimator

Postby TheLastAnimator » Mon May 20, 2019 2:15 am

superkatchick wrote:This would be AWESOME!!! I loved Showbiz and later Chuck E Cheese as a kid and last year I had my birthday at a local arcade bar that has the animatronic Rockafire explosion band that they program to modern Pop/Rock/Rap music and it was insanely great, sadly they are closing and relocating to Branson Mo but it was cool to see them "live" again as an adult! The nostalgia factor is huge here and I think they'd sell really well! I also suggest the documentary that jeffcrazy suggested because it was really well done!

Totally agree! I think this should and can happen! There’s actually a figure of billy Bob being made coming out for this year, if you didn’t know. But it is for a hefty price. It just gives me hope that maybe they can happen. Hopefully funko goes through and makes the whole cast. I would be displaying these, they’d probably look really cute as Pops too.

ThePoppler710

Postby ThePoppler710 » Mon May 20, 2019 5:54 am

Is this where Five Nights of Freddy came from... that mouse cheerleader is giving me bad vibes :eek:
Stay On The Good Vibes!!!

ISO Right Now: The OG Toy Story Line, Mr. Krabs, The Hobbit, and Benson from The Regular Show (will get crazier as years pass)
Current Top 3:Leonardo SpongeBob & Shredder Plankton 2014 SDCC, Fry and Leela 2015 NYCC, Freddy Funko Pennywise
Current Goal: Make it to my first Funko Fundays!

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Mon May 20, 2019 7:01 am

I hope you get your request. I think I vaguely remember them when I was a kid but I was not into them. Chuck e Cheese to me is a different story. His stores have been around as long as I can remember and still present. But everyone likes different things and has different memories so I really do hope you get your request. Good luck!

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Mon May 20, 2019 8:02 am

kickinit wrote:Never even heard of them before. I assume there weren't any in my area

same...I'll need to google this
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon May 20, 2019 10:53 am

These are classic!

Brunodog

Postby Brunodog » Mon May 20, 2019 4:05 pm

TheLastAnimator wrote:Hello all, with the recent suggestion of Chuck e Cheese pops, a great add on to that would be pops of The Rock-aFire Explosion band from ShowBiz Pizza Place! Considering there was a recent figure made for Billy Bob Brockali from the band, Funko should take turn and transform the whole group into pops for the public! There is also a huge opportunity for flocked variants and others. With how much nostalgia and memories these figures would bring, it would be fantastic for Funko to make these happen!

That bear is terrifying lol
Well I honestly like pretty much anything to do with pop culture soooooo... :colors:
Pops Owned: 54
Newest: Bushfire Heroes
Oldest: Krypto the Superdog

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Mon May 20, 2019 4:10 pm

lavery01 wrote:Not really familiar with these characters, lol but I’m sure there’s a fan base for them. These are not for me though, but I hope it happens for you.

Yup. Definitely a fan base for everything

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Mon May 20, 2019 5:32 pm

I don’t know what these are other than terrifying lol
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Tue May 21, 2019 4:51 pm

I would buy any Pop from a Showbiz Pizza line or a Chuck E Cheese line. When I was a kid the only real difference between the two as far as I could tell was the band, and Showbiz was so creepy. It would bring back memories for sure.

Deadpool 2 had a booth at SDCC last year that was playing a loop of Deadpool and 'friends' singing songs that was just like the Showbiz Pizza band. It was my favorite booth of the show for sure.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Tue May 21, 2019 4:55 pm

I remember having really bad nightmares due to these guys as a kid lol lol

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Tue May 21, 2019 5:03 pm

I think Chuck E Cheese would probably be more marketable.. idk who these characters are.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

ejcurtis115

Postby ejcurtis115 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:06 pm

My husband would love these! He still talks about this place.
Pops!: 4,500+
Dorbz: 50+
Hikari (regular & XS): 26
Mystery minis: 100+
Pint size heroes: 50+
Reaction figures: 17
Action figures: 24
Wacky Wobblers: 9
Pez Pops: 50+
T's, hat's, patches, pins, socks, Loungefly bags, wallets, backpacks, mugs, salt & pepper shakers, etc.: too many to count!
Funklub member: 13394 (waited a few years into collecting to go ahead and join)

Kwik_One

Postby Kwik_One » Wed May 22, 2019 4:50 am

Being from the east coast, NY specifically, we didn’t have that place but, as a horror fan, I think they look creepy AF. I don’t think I’d buy them but I hope those that want them will get them!

The1one1

Postby The1one1 » Wed May 22, 2019 5:40 am

This is the stuff of nightmares. Basically the basis of five nights at Freddie’s. I remember being scared to walk in front of those animatronics when I was little.
Aloha! Call me Cliffy!
IG: The1one1

ImageImageImage ImageImage

Xenomorph

Postby Xenomorph » Wed May 22, 2019 8:18 am

SHAZAMCHAMPAGNE wrote:Deadpool used the showbiz pizza band at SDCC last year it was awesome.

I knew I recognized this from somewhere!

ejcurtis115

Postby ejcurtis115 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:09 am

Kwik_One wrote:

Being from the east coast, NY specifically, we didn’t have that place but, as a horror fan, I think they look creepy AF. I don’t think I’d buy them but I hope those that want them will get them!

Haha, Evan will take yours if they were a thing and happened to fall into your lap! We had one down the road as kids, he still talks about it!
Pops!: 4,500+
Dorbz: 50+
Hikari (regular & XS): 26
Mystery minis: 100+
Pint size heroes: 50+
Reaction figures: 17
Action figures: 24
Wacky Wobblers: 9
Pez Pops: 50+
T's, hat's, patches, pins, socks, Loungefly bags, wallets, backpacks, mugs, salt & pepper shakers, etc.: too many to count!
Funklub member: 13394 (waited a few years into collecting to go ahead and join)

N POP

Postby N POP » Wed May 22, 2019 1:23 pm

The1one1 wrote:This is the stuff of nightmares. Basically the basis of five nights at Freddie’s. I remember being scared to walk in front of those animatronics when I was little.

Interesting. As a kid I always looked forward to going to Showbiz. Didn't mind the animatronics at all. If they would have had Pops as prizes I probably wouldn't still have a box of a couple thousand ShowBiz tickets still lying around.

Kwik_One

Postby Kwik_One » Thu May 23, 2019 9:10 am

ejcurtis115 wrote:
Kwik_One wrote:

Haha, Evan will take yours if they were a thing and happened to fall into your lap! We had one down the road as kids, he still talks about it!

Hey J!!!! Didn’t know your board name. Now we can be board friends!!!!!!!

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:09 am

i was beyond petrified of the bear when i was a little kid living in south carolina...so many ppl have no clue what showbiz pizza was all about

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Thu May 23, 2019 11:37 am

Xenomorph wrote:
SHAZAMCHAMPAGNE wrote:Deadpool used the showbiz pizza band at SDCC last year it was awesome.

I actually would have thought you would have been too young to know. When we were on the floor two of us were freaking out with excitement and the others just looked at us. I guess we showed our age.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Xenomorph

Postby Xenomorph » Thu May 23, 2019 11:39 am

NCDS wrote:
Xenomorph wrote:

I actually would have thought you would have been too young to know. When we were on the floor two of us were freaking out with excitement and the others just looked at us. I guess we showed our age.

Pretty sad when 30 is considered young but I'll take it!

Return to “Pop!”