Glow In The Dark POPs!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
rexflexall

Re: Glow In The Dark POPs!

Postby rexflexall » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:55 am

DBZ glows are sick!!

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:23 pm

earlier i was thinking about how far the glow merch has come in terms of quality glow. anyone remember how bad the freddy krueger glow chase was? lol

angrynate

Postby angrynate » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:05 pm

kelvinwong wrote:Light this up with some DBZ Love!

Previously did the Vegeta PX exclusive!

Now bring you guys with...

“I am Perfect Cell!”

awesome picture! I really love the glow on this pop, they've really stepped up their glow game and it's a beautiful thing to see. thanks for sharing.
That's my secret Cap... I'm always angry

ImageImageImageImage

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:44 pm

mongoose12 wrote:earlier i was thinking about how far the glow merch has come in terms of quality glow. anyone remember how bad the freddy krueger glow chase was? lol

I've never owned one, but I have seen pictures. The glow has definitely improved through the years. Although, the recent re-release of Glow All-Might had a terrible glow. It was a disaster.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:46 pm

kelvinwong wrote:Who into some games...

Rocking fortnite over here

These are great! Really loving the glow on both.
Did you take the picture while still shinning the UV light on them, or did you just charge them and then took the picture? :-k

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:47 pm

mongoose12 wrote:earlier i was thinking about how far the glow merch has come in terms of quality glow. anyone remember how bad the freddy krueger glow chase was? lol

The new pieces are so much improved since the early Glow days :compress: :compress: :compress: :compress: :compress:
- InternationlPopper - :freddy2:

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:18 am

Rantt wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

sick glow on both, love it.

Gotta say the glows amazing!

Those two turned out pretty good for that picture indeed.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:35 am

Ratattack wrote:

Did you take the picture while still shinning the UV light on them, or did you just charge them and then took the picture? :-k

I charged them and then took the photos. i did however did some adjustments with the camera adjusting the exposure/ Shutter speed level.

The perfect cell i editted the photo slightly to brighten up the orange to match the intensity of the green. :freddy2:
ImageImageImageImage

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:36 am

digithor wrote:
Rantt wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
sick glow on both, love it.

Gotta say the glows amazing!

Those two turned out pretty good for that picture indeed.

It does! those are my two favourite in the fortnite series. heard the dark voyager was gitd was note bad also
ImageImageImageImage

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:46 am

InternationalPopper wrote:

The new pieces are so much improved since the early Glow days :compress: :compress: :compress: :compress: :compress:

oh yes agreed definitely. but i do really appreciate the old glow too. i felt the older glow pops had stronger and more long lasting glow.
Some of the notable ones i had (Jack and sally GITD, Mike wazowski SDCC, Tossakan, i even had a Freddy wobbler that was superrrrrr strong in glow)

But yes the newer glow pops did really improve!! Not only in terms of mould (not only pop but power effects like DBZ) but also colour combination (had more than 1 glow colour) but there were alot of disappointing ones of recent ones as well which i think funko was just being lazy.

Pops below really didnt cut it for me:
Cap Mar with lunch box
Goose
one of the LOTR (only the Vial glows)
Kingdom hearts Chase shadow heartless
ImageImageImageImage

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:35 am

kelvinwong wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

I charged them and then took the photos. i did however did some adjustments with the camera adjusting the exposure/ Shutter speed level.

The perfect cell i editted the photo slightly to brighten up the orange to match the intensity of the green. :freddy2:

OH! Very interesting. I need to both research and also play more with the exposure/shutter speed level.
When you edited the photo, which editing software did you use. Was it a full blown desktop program, or was it an editing mobile app? Sorry for picking your brain, but your picture is truly amazing to me. As soon as you used -what seems to me- photography jargon, I knew I had to ask questions lol

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:13 am

Ratattack wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

OH! Very interesting. I need to both research and also play more with the exposure/shutter speed level.
When you edited the photo, which editing software did you use. Was it a full blown desktop program, or was it an editing mobile app? Sorry for picking your brain, but your picture is truly amazing to me. As soon as you used -what seems to me- photography jargon, I knew I had to ask questions lol

hehe just simple mobile apps (I use Snapseed and Photofox primarily)
ImageImageImageImage

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:02 am

angrynate wrote:

“I am Perfect Cell!”

awesome picture! I really love the glow on this pop, they've really stepped up their glow game and it's a beautiful thing to see. thanks for sharing.

This perfect cell has a perfect glow
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:14 am

kelvinwong wrote:

oh yes agreed definitely. but i do really appreciate the old glow too. i felt the older glow pops had stronger and more long lasting glow.
Some of the notable ones i had (Jack and sally GITD, Mike wazowski SDCC, Tossakan, i even had a Freddy wobbler that was superrrrrr strong in glow)

But yes the newer glow pops did really improve!! Not only in terms of mould (not only pop but power effects like DBZ) but also colour combination (had more than 1 glow colour) but there were alot of disappointing ones of recent ones as well which i think funko was just being lazy.

Cap Mar with lunch box
Goose

we're of the same mindset...the old glow represents a different time period for funko and i like it that way lol

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:25 am

kelvinwong wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:

hehe just simple mobile apps (I use Snapseed and Photofox primarily)

Oh! I've heard a lot about Snapseed recently. I'll definitely check both of these out! Thank you :freddy2:

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:30 am

kelvinwong wrote:

Cap Mar with lunch box
Goose

Amazing glow! I didn't know the older glows lasted for a while longer too. That's so forgiving when trying to get a good shot!
Great photo! \:D/

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:55 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
angrynate wrote:

“I am Perfect Cell!”

Ditto that! : )
ImageImageImageImage

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:56 am

Ratattack wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:

Cap Mar with lunch box
Goose

Amazing glow! I didn't know the older glows lasted for a while longer too. That's so forgiving when trying to get a good shot!

Yup agreed man! And yes so forgiving! Ahaha I shall try taking that with my phone again tonight
ImageImageImageImage

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:57 am

mongoose12 wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:
InternationalPopper wrote:The new pieces are so much improved since the early Glow days :compress: :compress: :compress: :compress: :compress:

Cap Mar with lunch box
Goose

we're of the same mindset...the old glow represents a different time period for funko and i like it that way lol

Hi 5! Same sentiments too!

I love the old glow (especially those Long lasting green ones)

But I also like how funko is evolving and constantly improving their products!
ImageImageImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:45 am

10 inch glow Gundam!!

capnchulo

Postby capnchulo » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:49 am

The TMNT 4 packs glow isn't very strong, but I love the glow on the Creature from the Black Lagoon.
ImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:59 am

capnchulo wrote:The TMNT 4 packs glow isn't very strong, but I love the glow on the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

i see that 4 pack as an iconic piece. funko pops really started 'blowing up' around that time. plus it was one of the first amazon exclusives i can remember getting.

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:53 am

kelvinwong wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:

Cap Mar with lunch box
Goose

Hi 5! Same sentiments too!

I love the old glow (especially those Long lasting green ones)

But I also like how funko is evolving and constantly improving their products!

Agree, all their product lines keep getting better and better =D> =D> =D>

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:15 pm

kelvinwong wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:

Cap Mar with lunch box
Goose

Yup agreed man! And yes so forgiving! Ahaha I shall try taking that with my phone again tonight

Looking forward to seeing what you capture! :freddy2:

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:33 pm

capnchulo wrote:The TMNT 4 packs glow isn't very strong, but I love the glow on the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Wow, that TMNT Glow 4-Pack is legendary. =D> They don't make them like that anymore :freddy1:

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:46 am

kelvinwong wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:
definitely a good investment to make for the the UV lamp. imagine all the nice glow pops in the future

Yup I would like to try to find all my glows and see if I can make one big picture like some I’ve seen on IG.

hehe you will probably need a UV Lamp instead of a torch. :freddy2:

I’ll probably have to buy a huge UV lamp lol. I’ll do a few at a time so how it goes.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

stayf3d

Postby stayf3d » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:49 am

rexflexall wrote:10 inch glow Gundam!!

This would be awesome especially if the eyes and beam sabers glow.
:freddy3:

Wondercon & SDCC since 2011
ISO: Lost & Game of Thrones Protos

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:38 am

stayf3d wrote:
rexflexall wrote:10 inch glow Gundam!!

This would be awesome especially if the eyes and beam sabers glow.

Gundam :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:27 pm

kelvinwong wrote:

Cap Mar with lunch box
Goose

I have never seen the glow on this. Thanks for sharing, looks so good.

Funal Funktasy

Postby Funal Funktasy » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:33 pm

Generally not that bothered about the GITD pops, but the recent Venomised Storm is absolutely top notch. Definitely knocked Twilight Ringwraith off of the #1 spot in my collection.
Collecting since: Dec 2018
Main series: Harry Potter, Disney, MCU, LOTR, Movies
Looking to start collecting when I win the lottery: Pulp Fiction, Stan Lee MCU appearances, Haunted Mansion, The Hobbit.

Funko collection: Around 700; mostly Pops!

ISO: HP creatures 3 pack, GITD Balrog, Stonekeeper (MCU),

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:39 pm

nightbodega wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:
InternationalPopper wrote:The new pieces are so much improved since the early Glow days :compress: :compress: :compress: :compress: :compress:

Cap Mar with lunch box
Goose

I have never seen the glow on this. Thanks for sharing, looks so good.

My pleasure!
ImageImageImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:34 am

Funal Funktasy wrote:Generally not that bothered about the GITD pops, but the recent Venomised Storm is absolutely top notch. Definitely knocked Twilight Ringwraith off of the #1 spot in my collection.

That was a good glow pop, was one of my early ones now that I recall in the glow collection.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

millone

Postby millone » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:15 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
angrynate wrote:

“I am Perfect Cell!”

So awesome

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:28 am

Here’s one with one of my favourite Current Anime.

All Might! Plus ultraaaaaaaa

ImageImageImageImage

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:34 am

kelvinwong wrote:Here’s one with one of my favourite Current Anime.

Fantastic, that Glow is awesome =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:39 am

Fantastic, that Glow is awesome =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Hehe thank you! I took some glow pics together. Got some content for the next few days
ImageImageImageImage

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:52 am

Wow such a awesome glow!!!! Amazing!
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:54 am

Great shot, Kelvin! I think this and the Silver-Age All Might are my two favorite glow pieces I own
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:57 am

Rantt wrote:

Damn, now that's a shot.

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:00 am

wolfy233 wrote:
Rantt wrote:

Damn, now that's a shot.

Glow keeps getting better and better :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Return to “Pop!”