Glow In The Dark POPs!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
MajorLeaguePops

Re: Glow In The Dark POPs!

Postby MajorLeaguePops » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:35 pm

KidMarvel wrote:
MajorLeaguePops wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:Here's the glow on Frankenstein Freddy

So after I purchased a UV light.. here is my best Frankenstein of the 2. As you can see it has some GITD specks.. it has a faint faint glow for like 1.5 seconds after being charged for over a minute. The rat fink/Kang & kodos glow decently..

Wonder if the glow stems from leftover paint in the mould? That would explain why a number of normal freddys also glow?

That's the conclusion I have come to. That they did the GITD first and same mold was used for regular and some of it came off on some of the others

o2thedbld5

Postby o2thedbld5 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:26 pm

I'm hoping to get the Kang and Kodos in the future. Anyone have a good picture of them glowing? Also love the nice glow in the dark touch to the text on the Fundays tiki boxes this year.
This be Aud, o2thedbld, odd!
Fav pop: Thumper :bunny:
ISO: The Jesus from The Big Lebowski, Audrey Hepburn Wacky Wobbler, Mars Attacks Martian

ImageImageImage

Leechinyuan

Postby Leechinyuan » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:22 pm

KidMarvel wrote:
MajorLeaguePops wrote:

So after I purchased a UV light.. here is my best Frankenstein of the 2. As you can see it has some GITD specks.. it has a faint faint glow for like 1.5 seconds after being charged for over a minute. The rat fink/Kang & kodos glow decently..

Wonder if the glow stems from leftover paint in the mould? That would explain why a number of normal freddys also glow?

Like the way it glow

Pop count : 175
Yes i'm newbie :compress:

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:56 pm

Crazykidrev wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:Just got my GITD Genie in the mail and it glows awesome! Funko has really been making a hit with these GITD pops! Captain Marvel is another recent example of a great glow!

What's some of your favorite Glow In The Dark POPs?
Who else would you like to see in GITD form?

My favorite Glow pops so far are the Toy of the Year Freddy and the 8-bit glow Freddies.
I’d love to see more Freddies converted to the glow side and more Deadpool versions in Glow form as well

Love everything Glow but I have to admit love the glow on this years sdcc Ultraman
Image Image

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:58 pm

Shoriyuken wrote:
Gonzo206 wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:
Nope no one told us anything about the boxes, some people noticed the glow areas glowing under the lighting conditions at Fundays, some felt the textures of the glow areas were dofferent

The first thing I noticed was the texture, and I thought that it was cool! But I didn't notice that it glowed until after someone posted a picture.

A pleasant surprise indeed.

Yes it was! They keep coming up with cool designs for their boxes!

Instagram: whatthefunk206

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:01 pm

Shoriyuken wrote:
Gonzo206 wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:
Nope no one told us anything about the boxes, some people noticed the glow areas glowing under the lighting conditions at Fundays, some felt the textures of the glow areas were dofferent

The first thing I noticed was the texture, and I thought that it was cool! But I didn't notice that it glowed until after someone posted a picture.

A pleasant surprise indeed.

Yes it was! They keep coming up with cool designs for their boxes!

Instagram: whatthefunk206

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:37 pm

KidMarvel wrote:I got the urge to get my UV torch out again and this time round my subject was Ultraman. Boy, did the glow not disappoint!

Also because I have a better UV torch at home rather than the mini one I brought to SDCC, here's the glow on Frankenstein Freddy

Oh that Frankenstein glow is nice.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

POPianato

Postby POPianato » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:48 pm

KidMarvel wrote:I got the urge to get my UV torch out again and this time round my subject was Ultraman. Boy, did the glow not disappoint!

Also because I have a better UV torch at home rather than the mini one I brought to SDCC, here's the glow on Frankenstein Freddy

The glow on both is amazing. Is there a chance that we can get the UV light used?
ImageImage

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:54 pm

Glow boxes are the next step! The fundays tikis have glow text on the boxes, the glow pops of the future need that!
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:38 am

POPianato wrote:

The glow on both is amazing. Is there a chance that we can get the UV light used?

Yupp! I bought my UV light off Amazon on sale for about 13.99. Vansky 51 LED model! Takes 3 AAs to power but totally worth it in my opinion!
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

magicalme

Postby magicalme » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:52 am

Some great photos in this thread. I need to get myself a black light to do some better glow photos ...
http://www.instagram.com/magicalme359

GRAIL ISO:
OG Cereal Monsters

spidex

Postby spidex » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:25 am

KidMarvel wrote:
MajorLeaguePops wrote:

Nothing beats the actual gitd glow thou..error glow looks kinda meh to me..
ImageImage
ImageImage

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wHy mE woRRy? :spiderman:
IG: www.instagram.com/spidexy

MajorLeaguePops

Postby MajorLeaguePops » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:36 am

spidex wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:
MajorLeaguePops wrote:

It only looks like that when under UV light. Normal light It looks fine and you can't see anything wrong with it without that light right in its face. It was my attempt to see if my error glow was significant enough to actually glow.

spidex

Postby spidex » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:47 am

MajorLeaguePops wrote:
spidex wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:

It only looks like that when under UV light. Normal light It looks fine and you can't see anything wrong with it without that light right in its face. It was my attempt to see if my error glow was significant enough to actually glow.

I see..so besides the freckles that have that pink glow..any part of the body that glows as well??
ImageImage
ImageImage

MajorLeaguePops

Postby MajorLeaguePops » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:00 am

spidex wrote:
MajorLeaguePops wrote:
spidex wrote:

I see..so besides the freckles that have that pink glow..any part of the body that glows as well??

Nope. The only real GITD part is those tiny dust like specks of green glow. And of course his freckles that are reflecting the UV light..

Body not so much. Just within the head. Which is kinda weird. Why wouldn't the hands have GITD space dust on it?

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:27 am

MajorLeaguePops wrote:
spidex wrote:
MajorLeaguePops wrote:

Nope. The only real GITD part is those tiny dust like specks of green glow. And of course his freckles that are reflecting the UV light..

Body not so much. Just within the head. Which is kinda weird. Why wouldn't the hands have GITD space dust on it?

Probably a larger surface area thing when they coated the GITD variants more got left over on the head. My wild guess :-"

ImageImageImageImage

jesusunzueta89

Postby jesusunzueta89 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:56 am

I just got the Glow Nova, and it looks AMAZING
:fdo91:

Road to 1000 Marvel POP's

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:59 am

jesusunzueta89 wrote:I just got the Glow Nova, and it looks AMAZING

Yeah they really need a sticker on that one. Was surprised that it even glowed and can't wait to get my hands on it as well! Maybe if you have time you can load up a glow shot of him?

ImageImageImageImage

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:03 pm

That Frankenstein Freddy glow is amazing! :eek:
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:11 pm

Kwiksilverpop wrote:

It most definitely is amazing, I was in awe when I realised it was a glow piece when I took it out from my BoF. Then when I got to give it a good go with my UV torch the glow took my breath away!

ImageImageImageImage

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:04 pm

KidMarvel wrote:
Kwiksilverpop wrote:

It most definitely is amazing, I was in awe when I realised it was a glow piece when I took it out from my BoF. Then when I got to give it a good go with my UV torch the glow took my breath away!

Wow what an epic pull from your box, congrats!
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

Comicbookwriter

Postby Comicbookwriter » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:06 pm

That Frankenstein is so awesome!! Want so bad!!
ImageImageImage

millone

Postby millone » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:08 pm

MajorLeaguePops wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:
MajorLeaguePops wrote:

That's the conclusion I have come to. That they did the GITD first and same mold was used for regular and some of it came off on some of the others

That is so awesome

Neuron

Postby Neuron » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:46 pm

Wow! The ultraman glows bright. I only used the normal torch so test the glow and it was okay. Shall try to find a uv torch
ImageImage

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:58 pm

ImranC23 wrote:Latest pickup from GameStop! Just need GITD Hydro-Man then we’re good on the glow side for Far From Home. What an amazing mold!

The glow on this is pretty cool!
IG: chasingvynl
Hello my name is Ken!
Pop Count: Too much
Main Line: GOT, WD, Disney, Simpsons, DBZ/DBS, Anime, Naruto
SDCC 17, SDCC 18, SDCC 19, ECCC 18, CRX 19, SDCC 22
ISO: Anime protos

Image Image

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:18 am

Neuron wrote:

Wow! The ultraman glows bright. I only used the normal torch so test the glow and it was okay. Shall try to find a uv torch

Definitely use a UV torch, really makes a whole world of difference!

ImageImageImageImage

spidex

Postby spidex » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:31 am

KidMarvel wrote:
Neuron wrote:

Definitely use a UV torch, really makes a whole world of difference!

It does??? I saw a recent post about just taking out the pop and let it “sit” under the sun for a couple of minutes and let it “absorb” the sunlight to make it glow even brighter..
Hhmmmm...
ImageImage
ImageImage

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:42 am

That Frankenfreddy glow is so gnarlyyyyy. Happy with my non glow but man that thing shines bright!
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:37 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:That Frankenfreddy glow is so gnarlyyyyy. Happy with my non glow but man that thing shines bright!

Yeah I remember pulling him from the box thinking it was the common till I noticed the gitd sticker and then the Le24 count. OH. EM. GEE. On another note, I'm waiting for the normal frankenstein to settle at a better price because I can't afford it now lol

ImageImageImageImage

kristineisjoy

Postby kristineisjoy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:24 am

that ultraman glow!!!
LOVING MY FUNKOS!!!!

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:53 am

Here's probably one of my favorite gitd.
IG: chasingvynl
Hello my name is Ken!
Pop Count: Too much
Main Line: GOT, WD, Disney, Simpsons, DBZ/DBS, Anime, Naruto
SDCC 17, SDCC 18, SDCC 19, ECCC 18, CRX 19, SDCC 22
ISO: Anime protos

Image Image

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:25 pm

I'm so happy that they made the boxes glow too. Hoping they do more cool stuff with the boxes!
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:26 pm

Shoriyuken wrote:Here's probably one of my favorite gitd.

definitely a great glow pop, one of the best.

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:02 am

KidMarvel wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:That Frankenfreddy glow is so gnarlyyyyy. Happy with my non glow but man that thing shines bright!

Yeah I remember pulling him from the box thinking it was the common till I noticed the gitd sticker and then the Le24 count. OH. EM. GEE. On another note, I'm waiting for the normal frankenstein to settle at a better price because I can't afford it now lol

Amazing luck of the draw! But well deserved! If you want I'll trade you my Frankenfreddy for yours lol jk jk.
I'm sure the price will settle. It's already starting to drop so hopefully you can find an affordable one soon :)
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:57 am

mongoose12 wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:Here's probably one of my favorite gitd.

definitely a great glow pop, one of the best.

one of my favourites!

OMG. actually last few remaining pcs for my disney collection!
ImageImageImageImage

Pogiboy67

Postby Pogiboy67 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:00 am

loving all the glow... my last glow was the todoroki mha figure from sdcc
:freddy2: POGIBOY67

ImageImageImage

Thechuch316

Postby Thechuch316 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:51 am

We need a glow pikachu
So Shines a good deed in a weary World!
:freddy2:

AkariK

Postby AkariK » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:28 am

I'm still kind of hype for the glow Deku coming soon, it looks nice.

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:31 am

Leechinyuan wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:
MajorLeaguePops wrote:

Like the way it glow

Wow, wasn’t lucky to get the 1/24 glow Frank Freddy in my box o fun. Nice glow for sure!
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:09 am

Got my nova glowing today! Always wanted to add him to the collection after hearing he glows! :D

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Pop!”