Diamond Genie thoughts

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
racheva

Re: Diamond Genie thoughts

Postby racheva » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:56 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
Kwiksilverpop wrote:
racheva wrote:
Mind. Blown.

But seriously, I'm trying to have an adult house. It's a struggle as a funko funatic!

Will always remind me of this classic line

LOL Adult house and being a funatic is definitely a challenge, my lady has limited the collection to my mancave. From her perspective at least the rest of the house can be presentable haha.

lol our house has our collection sprinkled throughout

My house is my house, as in I live in it alone. But I try to keep it presentable for company! And free from too much clutter. My biggest issue is it's an 80 something year old tudor, and I like to preserve that look. But then I want my pops displayed. So it's a compromise to keep the place from looking like a collectibles store! Luckily I have built in shelves in my living room, but my SW collection is almost too big for them!
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:02 pm

racheva wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
Kwiksilverpop wrote:
LOL Adult house and being a funatic is definitely a challenge, my lady has limited the collection to my mancave. From her perspective at least the rest of the house can be presentable haha.

lol our house has our collection sprinkled throughout

My house is my house, as in I live in it alone. But I try to keep it presentable for company! And free from too much clutter. My biggest issue is it's an 80 something year old tudor, and I like to preserve that look. But then I want my pops displayed. So it's a compromise to keep the place from looking like a collectibles store! Luckily I have built in shelves in my living room, but my SW collection is almost too big for them!

I can see that! Everyone has a different look and style. We have a more modern little townhouse and it is just the two of us with our animals. We have pieces of our collection and art all around the house.

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:34 am

nascar246788 wrote:I got my diamond genie at my local hot topic store today. I think this one looks great. It might be the best diamond yet in my opinion. It looks so good, I had to get it. What does everyone else think?

When I started seeing the Diamond Collection, I was kinda "meh" about it. Now I'm all about the shiny.....so pretty!! It started with Mickey Mouse.

wuvvy

Postby wuvvy » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:46 am

I just bought Genie today. It looks amazing but I still think Dumbo is my favourite with Genie a close second.

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:49 am

wuvvy wrote:I just bought Genie today. It looks amazing but I still think Dumbo is my favourite with Genie a close second.

I so agree with you, while Genie looks great, diamond Dumb is my favorite.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:10 am

It’s taking some time to get used to seeing the new Genie, only because I prefer the OG one. On the other hand, I like the new movie one that’s coming out
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

Image Image Image Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:42 am

These all get glitter EVERYWHERE!!!

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:43 am

I still need to get my hands on both the GITD version and the diamond version.
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

Yassiefay4

Postby Yassiefay4 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:15 am

wuvvy wrote:I just bought Genie today. It looks amazing but I still think Dumbo is my favourite with Genie a close second.

Agreed! Dumbo is the best in the diamond collection series. Don’t know how I feel about the Genie but I didn’t end up buying him so I guess I'm not a big fan of the way he looked. I ended up ordering the GITD version instead.

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:20 pm

Mine just arrived from HT - he looks GREAT! Cannot lie - love these sparkly versions :)
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

Chaister87

Postby Chaister87 » Fri May 03, 2019 7:24 pm

Genie is my favorite Disney character so of course I had to get him for my personal collection, but i do think this is one of the better diamond edition ones

wuvvy

Postby wuvvy » Fri May 03, 2019 10:02 pm

I got a genie last week, he looks amazing but I had to check a few to get a good one. There was a couple with missing patches of glitter and one completely missing the lamp. I ended up finding a pretty good one in the end

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed May 08, 2019 9:36 am

rontonsoup wrote:It’s taking some time to get used to seeing the new Genie, only because I prefer the OG one. On the other hand, I like the new movie one that’s coming out

It is taking time to get use to the new one especially because its showing all of Genies teeth but it is cool to see a new mold!
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Thu May 09, 2019 4:57 am

PopPChulo wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:It’s taking some time to get used to seeing the new Genie, only because I prefer the OG one. On the other hand, I like the new movie one that’s coming out

It is taking time to get use to the new one especially because its showing all of Genies teeth but it is cool to see a new mold!

I guess the only Genie I’m looking forward to is the Tourist one. Not sure if that one is still being released.
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

Image Image Image Image

jullusion

Postby jullusion » Thu May 09, 2019 8:09 am

looks great to me! those teeth!!!
ISO: Funko Pop! Uglydoll Ice-Bat chases (SDCC and Non-SDCC) :freddy2:

Mjacob78

Postby Mjacob78 » Thu May 09, 2019 8:32 am

rontonsoup wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I guess the only Genie I’m looking forward to is the Tourist one. Not sure if that one is still being released.

Ive been hoping they make that one!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu May 09, 2019 9:15 am

Mjacob78 wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Ive been hoping they make that one!!

Its been radio silent on the tourist one but i can definitely see that being a disney parks exclusive
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:12 am

rontonsoup wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I hope they make it. It would be the last genie I get for sure. I already have too many genie variants.
Collecting since 2014

FunkoMeansFun

Postby FunkoMeansFun » Fri May 10, 2019 2:22 am

He looks ready for his closeup ;) . :freddy1: :freddy3: :freddy4: .

:freddy3: Image

ImageImage

sushiguru

Postby sushiguru » Fri May 10, 2019 2:36 am

is diamond the new glitter?

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri May 10, 2019 10:06 am

nascar246788 wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I hope they make it. It would be the last genie I get for sure. I already have too many genie variants.[/quote

You never know with Funko. It could easily be either a con exclusive or a disney park exclusive.
PopPChulo

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri May 10, 2019 11:09 am

Hope you like glitter up the ying yang! LOL

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sat May 11, 2019 3:31 am

PopPChulo wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:

I hope they make it. It would be the last genie I get for sure. I already have too many genie variants.[/quote

You never know with Funko. It could easily be either a con exclusive or a disney park exclusive.

I hope it isn't one of those exclusives so that it is easy to get. Although out of the two options, I would much prefer disney park exclusive.
Collecting since 2014

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Sat May 11, 2019 5:05 am

nascar246788 wrote:
Fnkyeahryry wrote:I’d say it’s the best one yet.

Yeah I think it is super close between this and dumbo, but I think Genie takes the bacon for sure.

Dumbo might give it a run for it's money but I only have pics to base it off of. Gotta Genie see in person. Hopefully soon :)
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

Hawkeye_13

Postby Hawkeye_13 » Sat May 18, 2019 2:03 pm

Love the look on mine

Awsomejose

Postby Awsomejose » Sat May 18, 2019 4:30 pm

I think it’s alright
Come and visit Funko, cause that’s where the fun goes!

joecolt

Postby joecolt » Sat May 18, 2019 5:26 pm

Havent picked up this one yet. I like the GITD one better

Return to “Pop!”