Ad icons wish list

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: Ad Icons and Target

Postby lavery01 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:00 pm

Started my search this morning and nothing so far. Was the first one there, showed they received 6, but when the store opened the manager prevented the employees from spending time looking for it. Said that they'll get put out when they come across them. Had to leave the store empty handed because I was already 2 hours late for work. So I'm just a bit frustrated at this point. I'll give it another go tomorrow I guess. I need this pop in my life and in our collection. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:01 pm

im so behind on these and pikachu.......if anyone has extras lmk thanks.

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:11 pm

brooklyn_geek wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:Target is a terrible place to shop for Funko pops and I wish Funko would stop giving them so many exclusives...that is all...

Agree, but I think Hot topic is worst.

At least HT has incentives like Hot Cash, etc and they restock online from time to time...also HT caters to collectors a little...Target sells toilet paper...why are we buying pops there again?

With the demise of Toys R Us, Target is the second largest toy retailer after Walmart.

OMGiTsCayla

Postby OMGiTsCayla » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:14 pm

My target just seems like it always rushes out of any target exclusive except for some of the 8bits... I've been slightly dodging bullets but I feel like the new Mickey one is gonna be the real kicker... Bf got me the Scrooge McDuck.. wish he has translucent glasses like the pop... But I do enjoy him! Mickey will be my favorite 10" pop thus far...

Hi! My name is Cayla
follow me on Instagram:wtfitscayla

:cheshire:
LunaPop Customs

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:44 pm

lavery01 wrote:Started my search this morning and nothing so far. Was the first one there, showed they received 6, but when the store opened the manager prevented the employees from spending time looking for it. Said that they'll get put out when they come across them. Had to leave the store empty handed because I was already 2 hours late for work. So I'm just a bit frustrated at this point. I'll give it another go tomorrow I guess. I need this pop in my life and in our collection. lol

It is kind of odd but when I stopped looking for them, I actually came across one. lol
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:48 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:

At least HT has incentives like Hot Cash, etc and they restock online from time to time...also HT caters to collectors a little...Target sells toilet paper...why are we buying pops there again?

With the demise of Toys R Us, Target is the second largest toy retailer after Walmart.

My two Walmarts no longer carry pops.... :(
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

PopPChulo

Re: Variants of the Currently Released Ad Icons!

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:16 pm

Sugar Bear seems like he was made to be flocked - I see funko providing all these Ad Icon exclusive to Target when is Box Lunch and Hot Topic going to get some love.. Maybe even FYE with these Ad Icons!?!
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:36 pm

deetran24 wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:Flocked Toucan Sam would be something I'd like to have one day!

Plus while we're at it, yes to Ad icon Freddys!

Flocked Toucan would be epic!

Was hoping that would come out soon after the lriginal release but we'll see!
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

coopscohen

Postby coopscohen » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:37 pm

The last thing the Ad Icon line needs are variants said my wallet lol
ImageImage

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:39 pm

PopPChulo wrote:Hey Funatics!

What Variants of the currently released AD Icons would you like to see ?

My personal ones that I would like to see the most are:

Tony The Tiger (Glow In The Dark)

Flocked Toucan Sam

Flocked Sugar Bear

What about everyone else!?! Any specifics you guys want!?

I would like Scented Versions of all of them :P
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 807 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

ugagerman

Postby ugagerman » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:18 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:At least HT has incentives like Hot Cash, etc and they restock online from time to time...also HT caters to collectors a little...Target sells toilet paper...why are we buying pops there again?

My two Walmarts no longer carry pops.... :(

All the Walmart ever carried by me was a few Star Wars pops and thats it. I wish they'd get rid of it and no longer carry pops.

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:30 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
lavery01 wrote:Started my search this morning and nothing so far. Was the first one there, showed they received 6, but when the store opened the manager prevented the employees from spending time looking for it. Said that they'll get put out when they come across them. Had to leave the store empty handed because I was already 2 hours late for work. So I'm just a bit frustrated at this point. I'll give it another go tomorrow I guess. I need this pop in my life and in our collection. lol

It is kind of odd but when I stopped looking for them, I actually came across one. lol

Had no luck yesterday morning or this morning. Two targets near me couldn't find the boxes, but then found them by noon and 2:00 respectively, of course I was already gone. The store I went to in the a.m. had 6 but said they only had one when they opened the doors. Hopefully when I stop looking I will get one as well. I am literally hoping that the last target to say they can't find the box ends up 'finding' them at a time when I can get there. I am not hopeful though as it is the worst target in the area in terms of actually putting stuff out. I did manage to find a sugar bear to complete my set along the way so it was not a complete waste of time. I'm sure they will do some restocks so I am not heartbroken...yet.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:33 pm

Sometimes I wonder if I should just apply for a part time job at stores, just to get a chance of getting the pops. I've really been tempted.

cptuff1969

Postby cptuff1969 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:37 pm

One of my Targets is pretty good I did notice a few Collectors getting pretty nasty at the workers, although another target does have a shady worker when he or she works but at the end if you treat the workers with respect they usually respond positively
Image Image[/quote]

Joser777

Postby Joser777 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:39 pm

man i had such a story to tell lol i went to target in the morning only person they're and they only had 5 twinkie pops no chase asked the employee what happened to the chase and didn't know later found put with some digging he swipped two twinkies chase where on his mercarri app and had a picture of him selling them smh
iso: anime protos, scott pilgrim protos, spiderman protos

cptuff1969

Postby cptuff1969 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:40 pm

Definitely a flocked Target Bullseye dog
Image Image[/quote]

swobobafett
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby swobobafett » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:50 pm

My Target has been awesome about everything. They apparently got an employee from another Target fired for trying to cut the line for Pikachu.
Funko Funbae

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:56 pm

pberickp wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:

Had no luck yesterday morning or this morning. Two targets near me couldn't find the boxes, but then found them by noon and 2:00 respectively, of course I was already gone. The store I went to in the a.m. had 6 but said they only had one when they opened the doors. Hopefully when I stop looking I will get one as well. I am literally hoping that the last target to say they can't find the box ends up 'finding' them at a time when I can get there. I am not hopeful though as it is the worst target in the area in terms of actually putting stuff out. I did manage to find a sugar bear to complete my set along the way so it was not a complete waste of time. I'm sure they will do some restocks so I am not heartbroken...yet.

You can also put your name on the ISO in the target thread.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:13 pm

dork_knight wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:Hey Funatics!

What Variants of the currently released AD Icons would you like to see ?

My personal ones that I would like to see the most are:

Tony The Tiger (Glow In The Dark)

Flocked Toucan Sam

Flocked Sugar Bear

What about everyone else!?! Any specifics you guys want!?

I would like Scented Versions of all of them :P

I definitely feel like scented POP! would be a compelling idea to say the least. I mean the cereal scents are very unique and most people can identify what a "Cereal" or heck even a "Twinkie" smells like (Twinkie not as much as the cereal lol) - but cereal I think is definitely a EXCELLENT idea. I can see a crazy demand for this.
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

popsnorthwest

Postby popsnorthwest » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:15 pm

Mummy & Santa Cap'N Crunch without a doubt.
-- Image-- ....just one more?
-- PopsNorthwest's Collection --

codytranum

Postby codytranum » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:49 pm

The hard limit of 1 that Target has implemented in some places seems to have worked great so far. Stock numbers have sat above 0 for a few days now in my area, while slowly ticking down rather than instantly crashing from 6 to 0 like before.

KILLERANTZ

Postby KILLERANTZ » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:49 am

runtodere wrote:
KILLERANTZ wrote:I was able to get Twinkie the kid yesterday but no chase

Lucky! It popped up yesterday for me but I went to Target and they guy there just said 'we didn't get them'

All the target around me cant find them. I wait for an 1hr the ad icons and went to target 3 day in a row

Chase Variant

Postby Chase Variant » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:58 am

Was able to get Twinkie the Kid this morning. The first person in line got the chase, and he had been there since 4 am. Don’t need the chase that badly. They also had a restock of the rest of the Ad Icons, except they didn’t get a new case of The Noid for some reason.

Chase Variant

Postby Chase Variant » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:59 am

Joser777 wrote:man i had such a story to tell lol i went to target in the morning only person they're and they only had 5 twinkie pops no chase asked the employee what happened to the chase and didn't know later found put with some digging he swipped two twinkies chase where on his mercarri app and had a picture of him selling them smh

If he was dumb enough to take his picture with them, report him to the manager and to corporate. I’m not big on trying to get people fired, but if you are that stupid...

Vin phx

Postby Vin phx » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:07 pm

I almost got them all walked into target around 8pm the employee saw me was like hey hold up got me a captain pop and pez from the back he said no chase but got 1 left of each Just need to get twinkie i should be good for now.
Pop count 1k+
Dorbz count 180
ImageImage

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:15 pm

Still have to find the Noid and the twinkies.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:39 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
pberickp wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:

Thank you! I have never used the ISO threads, but I will try in the future. I managed to find one this morning... even though I had not given up yet :)
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
ImageImage

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:40 pm

pberickp wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:
pberickp wrote:

Thank you! I have never used the ISO threads, but I will try in the future. I managed to find one this morning... even though I had not given up yet :)

Great news!!! congrats!!!!

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:44 pm

Chase Variant wrote:Was able to get Twinkie the Kid this morning. The first person in line got the chase, and he had been there since 4 am. Don’t need the chase that badly. They also had a restock of the rest of the Ad Icons, except they didn’t get a new case of The Noid for some reason.

Congratulations on finding one. I got mine this morning as well. Someone was waiting there since 5:00 for the chase. When we got there they said they could not find the box. Then after about 10 minutes they brought out the box with only 5 POP!'s in it. The chase was missing. I did not have the energy to complain since I was not first in line anyway, but that was super shady. I am just happy I got my Twinkie the Kid after striking out the last 2 days. Having a PhD in economics I should understand that it is actually cheaper for me to just buy one on eBay, but the hunt is half the fun.
ImageImage

Wild_Flower85

Re: What should the next Ad Icon be?

Postby Wild_Flower85 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:30 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:Outback Joey the Kangaroo and the Jolly Green Giant as a BIG pop!

A 10in Jolly Green Giant does make sense.

TheLastAnimator

Postby TheLastAnimator » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:55 pm

Little ceasers would be great!

:freddy3:

Tyr0ners

Postby Tyr0ners » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:07 pm

***** THESE AREN'T REAL *****

I found this on Facebook and I apologize if this isn't permitted. I think it would be pretty interesting if some of these were made. Just look at the Honeycomb mascot!
Hey there! My name is Tyrone.
Pop Collector of: Legendary Creatures and Myths, Spastik Plastik, Naruto and Fallout.

ImageImage ImageImage Image Image

MiniPop

Postby MiniPop » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:43 pm

I for one, would love the Honey Comb mascot!
Not sure if anyone had mentioned it before but, Sailor Jack and his dog Bingo from the Cracker Jack box would be cute too!.
Hi, I'm Angelica
*Fan of all things Freddy Funko* :freddy1:

gokou105
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby gokou105 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:01 pm

When are the McDonald's ones coming out hahahaha
Calvin

ETphonehome

Postby ETphonehome » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:06 pm

gokou105 wrote:When are the McDonald's ones coming out hahahaha

Last I heard was GameStop getting them but they canceled the pre orders. Wonder where they will all go? McDonald's in Happy meal toys?

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:12 pm

snap crackle pop

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:26 pm

Mawhonic7 wrote:No love for the Pillsbury Doughboy????

Can he be Biscuit Scented?
PopPChulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:27 pm

Tyr0ners wrote:Image

***** THESE AREN'T REAL *****

I found this on Facebook and I apologize if this isn't permitted. I think it would be pretty interesting if some of these were made. Just look at the Honeycomb mascot!

Id definitely go for Mucinex and Honey comb all day haha
PopPChulo

Joser777

Postby Joser777 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:01 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
Joser777 wrote:man i had such a story to tell lol i went to target in the morning only person they're and they only had 5 twinkie pops no chase asked the employee what happened to the chase and didn't know later found put with some digging he swipped two twinkies chase where on his mercarri app and had a picture of him selling them smh

If he was dumb enough to take his picture with them, report him to the manager and to corporate. I’m not big on trying to get people fired, but if you are that stupid...

yeah checked out by three other funko collectors was the same guy that said he didnt have it or know what it was lol
iso: anime protos, scott pilgrim protos, spiderman protos

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:07 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:

And Walmart is BY FAR the worst with pops! #-o #-o

Return to “Pop!”