Ad icons wish list

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
HowardTheDuck

Re: What should the next Ad Icon be?

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:34 pm

funkopants777 wrote:
TheLastAnimator wrote:Little ceasers would be great!

love their crazy bread!!!

Their Italian Cheese Bread is bomb and the mascot would be a hilarious pop.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

afkbee

Re: Ad Icons and Target

Postby afkbee » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:11 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
afkbee wrote:Had so many bad experiences with Target but after stock showing 6 for 2 days, I decided to go one last time to my local store at lunch and boom employee recognized me and immediately handed me the Chase he said some guys had come earlier but hadn’t come across the box yet. So it’s all about luck I guess sometimes.

Sometimes it really is about luck and just being in the right place at the right time! Glad you got what you are looking for. It is just too bad that from an outsider's perspective this story looks like (or ends up being on Facebook or where ever) "saw a Target employee saving a fresh case so s/he could give their buddy a chase to flip later". While it is sad and unfortunate that this does happen sometimes, we should be happy for each other that a lot of times it probably is just a case of us collectors being in the right place at the right time. Or when someone has a few of an item in their cart they are trying to grab a few for their buddies who couldn't make it out.
Maybe that's naive of me to think but it's better than trying to think everyone is out there trying to screw us.

It was a pleasant surprise because, as you said, more often than not you get the “we can’t find the box” come later and boom you check brickseek and all gone.

afkbee

Postby afkbee » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:12 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
afkbee wrote:Had so many bad experiences with Target but after stock showing 6 for 2 days, I decided to go one last time to my local store at lunch and boom employee recognized me and immediately handed me the Chase he said some guys had come earlier but hadn’t come across the box yet. So it’s all about luck I guess sometimes.

You know in some other version of this story, someone is saying that a Target employee lied about not being able to find the box, and he was seen later handing the chase to one of his buddies. lol

Couldn’t agree more I swear I don’t work for Target PR team lol

PoP305

Postby PoP305 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:33 pm

Colonel Sanders,The Burger King,Flo from Progressive.

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:33 am

The Geico Gekko is an obvious one to me
I used to be a werewolf, but I’m alright nooooooooooow :cat:

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:49 am

runtodere wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:
runtodere wrote:That's interesting. That's sort of a weird peeve

I do get why that would be annoying. If I know that a Twinkie Pop is behind the counter or sold out, I can tell you that right away, as opposed to taking the time to type out a DPCI number to figure out what you are talking about. It’s a waste of time.

I didn't think about it that way - you're right. They don't know the DCPI's off the top of their head. They should wear a quarterback wristband with them!

I can see it this way from an employee's perspective. They can't remember all of the DCPIs but they can know a specific item.

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:32 pm

Kal-El-051 wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:

You know in some other version of this story, someone is saying that a Target employee lied about not being able to find the box, and he was seen later handing the chase to one of his buddies. lol

Haha! You are absolutely correct on this statement. Target employees can never win.

It really is not easy to work in retail especially covering collectibles like Funko that can easily lead to escalations. Sending good vibes to everyone.
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

Megacam

Postby Megacam » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:03 pm

So, I was 2nd in line yesterday and me and the guy that's first are the only ones there for twinkie. The same store had 7 waiting for cereal icons. We walk to the back as the guy is still unboxing twinkie. sets five on the counter. When we asked he said someone walked up and took the 6th pop and walked away. He actually told us he'd never seen the guy and either was a new employee or snuck in though a construction entrance. I'm just about positive he didn't have anything to do with it because he was old and didn't look like he wanted to be at work...he was very cool though and asked us how many we wanted, lol.

Today was in line with a local collector friend who was there to help and get a excl. twinkie. Just us 2. so weird. This is the same store that 9 people were in line for Pikachu. We had to wait for about 30 minutes but finally he brought out the case and the last one to be pulled was the chase! So, so, happy!

abefarley

Postby abefarley » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:36 pm

Megacam wrote:So, I was 2nd in line yesterday and me and the guy that's first are the only ones there for twinkie. The same store had 7 waiting for cereal icons. We walk to the back as the guy is still unboxing twinkie. sets five on the counter. When we asked he said someone walked up and took the 6th pop and walked away. He actually told us he'd never seen the guy and either was a new employee or snuck in though a construction entrance. I'm just about positive he didn't have anything to do with it because he was old and didn't look like he wanted to be at work...he was very cool though and asked us how many we wanted, lol.

Today was in line with a local collector friend who was there to help and get a excl. twinkie. Just us 2. so weird. This is the same store that 9 people were in line for Pikachu. We had to wait for about 30 minutes but finally he brought out the case and the last one to be pulled was the chase! So, so, happy!

Congrats...thats awesome!!!

PopPChulo

Re: Variants of the Currently Released Ad Icons!

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:45 pm

I'm surprised Holiday Ad Icons aren't a thing that has been considered yet - heck I didn't even consider that. I think it would be a pretty good idea. I mean traditionally a lot of the Ad Icon's have been geared towards Christmas during Christmas time.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

laurmander

Postby laurmander » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:36 pm

For the Holidays have them do the Elf on a Shelf, but have him in a sitting position like the original doll.... and then put them EVERYWHERE IN THE HOUSE!
POP Count: 500
#proudHufflepuff
instagram: @funkomander

sambunctious10

Postby sambunctious10 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:46 pm

Good luck tonight, if it is indeed tonight.

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:18 am

I'm a sucker for any animal flocked ... so Toucan Sam flocked would be priceless! :cheers:
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:14 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
runtodere wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:
I do get why that would be annoying. If I know that a Twinkie Pop is behind the counter or sold out, I can tell you that right away, as opposed to taking the time to type out a DPCI number to figure out what you are talking about. It’s a waste of time.

I didn't think about it that way - you're right. They don't know the DCPI's off the top of their head. They should wear a quarterback wristband with them!

I can see it this way from an employee's perspective. They can't remember all of the DCPIs but they can know a specific item.

True enough. I don't fault them for getting annoyed honestly. But I do fault them for taking or hiding chases/cases/boxes

PotterLiu

Postby PotterLiu » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:22 pm

Vises35 wrote:
PotterLiu wrote:
Vises35 wrote:
I am hoping for these to go online as well. I have a toddler that I look after daily and it's difficult for me to go and wait in line or travel because he's a wild one lol I am considering getting a Target Red card as well because supposedly, there's going to be a Red Mr. Monopoly and I have to have him! Do you use it for other purchases besides Pops? =)

So what? Red Mr. M?

Please note: This is not my image, I got this pic from https://newtoynews.com/2018/06/29/funko-pop-games-mr-monopoly-red-target-exclusive-dpci/

Doesn't he look fantastic? Not sure when he is going to release yet...

OMG.. He does look fantastic!

deetran24

Postby deetran24 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:51 pm

Whoa! Red Mr. M?!
Lakers|Pops|Lakers :freddy3:
Fundays: 2018|2019
Favorite Sets: The Office|F.R.I.E.N.D.S.|Saved By The Bell|GOT|

TheLastAnimator

Postby TheLastAnimator » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:39 pm

Also thinking of the Crazy Cow cereal, that should also be made.

:freddy3:

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:33 pm

runtodere wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
runtodere wrote:I didn't think about it that way - you're right. They don't know the DCPI's off the top of their head. They should wear a quarterback wristband with them!

True enough. I don't fault them for getting annoyed honestly. But I do fault them for taking or hiding chases/cases/boxes

Oh for sure - they shouldn't be doing that. Their employee perk is stuff the company actually gives them, like discounts and stuff. Not 'dibs' on product.

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:56 pm

Luckily being in the DC/Baltimore area we have several Targets to choose from. The problem is with Target is they are not consistent with how they sell Funko products. But now that I know how each one works it is not bad. 1 only sells on release dates, 5 sell as soon as they get them first thing next morning and 1 hides them for themselves. So 6 out of 7 stores are good. Pretty good odds. Truthfully I prefer sleepingin and ordering online.

Funk0Fairy

Postby Funk0Fairy » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:13 pm

PotterLiu wrote:
Vises35 wrote:
PotterLiu wrote:

So what? Red Mr. M?

Please note: This is not my image, I got this pic from https://newtoynews.com/2018/06/29/funko-pop-games-mr-monopoly-red-target-exclusive-dpci/

It looks like it may be fake! Someone on Reddit is saying that they created the image of the red Mr. Monopoly and that they essentially made the whole thing up! https://www.reddit.com/r/funkopop/comments/9ardot/target_red_card_exclusive_mr_monopoly_explanation/?utm_source=reddit-android

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:22 am

KidMarvel wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:

Haha! You are absolutely correct on this statement. Target employees can never win.

It really is not easy to work in retail especially covering collectibles like Funko that can easily lead to escalations. Sending good vibes to everyone.

It’s a catch 22 situation. The end result is the same though. Somebody doesn’t get the chase and they are upset.

geoffdude

Postby geoffdude » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:32 am

Well, for me I don’t really want to know what the Target TM recalls or thinks she/he knows about an item by its name (sigh - the Pops I want are not in the freezer section), at the point I’m engaging a TM I’ve already done my homework and know it’s there, I just want them to confirm it on their device and hopefully be obliging and bring them out, which I thx them for.

masonfunkocarr

Postby masonfunkocarr » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:48 pm

I'm Still Hoping For McDonald's Pop!s, And Would Also Like To See The Burger King, And Colonel Sanders.

masonfunkocarr

Postby masonfunkocarr » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:49 pm

I'm Still Hoping For McDonald's Pop!s, And Would Also Like To See The Burger King, And Colonel Sanders.

SithLord

Re: Ad Icons

Postby SithLord » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:25 pm

I may be the only one that will want this to happen, but can I get a SPAM icon!!! You know, the SPAM knight! Or some variation of that guy! lol

dannyk

Postby dannyk » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:39 pm

SithLord wrote:I may be the only one that will want this to happen, but can I get a SPAM icon!!! You know, the SPAM knight! Or some variation of that guy! lol

Authorities! This is a SPAM post! [-X

lol
~ PROG ~

XBOX: PROGMONSTER

Image Image Image

Co-Founder of Secondary Heroes #NerdsUnite

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:14 pm

dannyk wrote:
SithLord wrote:I may be the only one that will want this to happen, but can I get a SPAM icon!!! You know, the SPAM knight! Or some variation of that guy! lol

Authorities! This is a SPAM post! [-X

lol

Hahaha!!

geoffdude

Postby geoffdude » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:20 pm

Wow, he'd be cool, but I'm not 100% he's an "ad" icon.. seems to be more of a "brand" icon. Still awesome though .. and I'd vote for him.

Couple of thoughts:
(1) I've eaten Spam off and on for over 40 years, I never knew about him. #-o
(2) You're eating way too much spam :razz:

Best

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:29 pm

1. Grew up on SPAM. Being an army brat, having served in the military, and from Guam..well its kind of a staple..survival food..lol!!

2. The SPAM Knight has only been a brand character for a few years from what I’ve noticed. I remember when it was just a can with eyes, a smile, and arms and legs. Either one I think itll be cool.

Whats funny to me is that I run into people that dont know what spam is or ever tried it. I get asked questions or receive funny looks when I go grocery shopping..

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:38 pm

I never see the ad icons in the wild but I found a sugar bear this week. I was pretty excited
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

TheLastAnimator

Postby TheLastAnimator » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:10 am

I didn't have luck with any of the tony the tiger pops, but I don't think were done yet with tony the tiger. This should be made

Vises35

Postby Vises35 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:03 am

Funk0Fairy wrote:
PotterLiu wrote:
Vises35 wrote:

It looks like it may be fake! Someone on Reddit is saying that they created the image of the red Mr. Monopoly and that they essentially made the whole thing up! https://www.reddit.com/r/funkopop/comments/9ardot/target_red_card_exclusive_mr_monopoly_explanation/?utm_source=reddit-android

D'oh, my Funatic heart is broken... maybe Funko would consider the design I hope? I REALLY REALLY like it. And I totally missed out on Monday's Funko Shop drop... so I'm kinda bummed lol Thank you for clearing that up, maybe it will be real one day! Let's hope!

Instagram: Viseslovestocollect

PotterLiu

Postby PotterLiu » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:24 pm

Vises35 wrote:
Funk0Fairy wrote:
PotterLiu wrote:

D'oh, my Funatic heart is broken... maybe Funko would consider the design I hope? I REALLY REALLY like it. And I totally missed out on Monday's Funko Shop drop... so I'm kinda bummed lol Thank you for clearing that up, maybe it will be real one day! Let's hope!

aw.. but that fake looks fantastic.

ryzg401

Postby ryzg401 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:04 am

Capn Crunch from online order came in. Bought two in case one came in bad condition. Both came in perfect condition. Each in its own box that was 3x the size of a pop box and had bubble wrap surrounding the inside of the box. They were put into one big box with bubble wrap as well. The best I have seen from Target. Nicely done.

sandwichjohn

Postby sandwichjohn » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:41 am

Went to the store & checked the shelfs none on the floor. Went next to electronic counter. There was 4 Twinkies behind the counter. Asked employee if I could grab 1. He said if you want take them all. So of course I did. And took care of some friends with 3 of them.
:wwe15:

Batz31

Postby Batz31 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:03 am

Today was a good day. I got my noid in and tomorrow I get my captain crunch and sugar bear. I really hope that mr. Monopoly is real.

TheLastAnimator

Postby TheLastAnimator » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:43 pm

I would really like to see a mr. softee as a funko pop. I remember there was a wacky wobbler version of him, and i would really like to see him in pop form! Lets get a chocolate, a strawberry, and vanilla versions with him. There could be a lot of variants, especially ones with sprinkles on his head.

good_man_pops

Postby good_man_pops » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:39 pm

Chester Cheetah from Cheetos!
Brad
Instagram: good_man_toys
#poptripletsthursday

Zebra Armada19

More Ad Icons?

Postby Zebra Armada19 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:11 pm

Still waiting for Kool-aid man, Chuck E Cheese, Cream Of Wheat Guy, and Quaker Guy. How about you?

TheLastAnimator

Re: More Ad Icons?

Postby TheLastAnimator » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:46 pm

I really want to see the Keebler Elf, Mister Softee, Classic Stork, Starkist Charlie the Tuna, Colonel Sanders, burger king, McDonalds, and some other cereal icons. I would also like another chance at tony the tiger. I know there is another version of him with bananas, check below.

Forgotten cereals like Crazy Cow

and cocoa krispies monkey

Return to “Pop!”