Ad icons wish list

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
mongoose12

Re: Ad icons wish list

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:07 am

am i the only one that thinks a mr sparkle ad icon would be epic? it would make 2 collector bases happy - ad icon collectors and simpsons collectors lol

millone

Re: What should the next Ad Icon be?

Postby millone » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:43 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
millone wrote:I would hope that one of the other funko lines hit like pops did. Then funko could relax a little on the mass production

They need to go back to LE pieces from time to time on Funko shop and not do so many variants.

I absolutely have to agree with this sentiment - It seems like mass production has been the name of the game nowadays. They produce in bulk to serve the community I guess.. Me personally I liked it when they had numbered drops or small LE drops sprinkled in - I will say I appreciate the fact that the funko shop is serving more POP Vinyl then anything else though. I used to hate waking up and seeing a LE Dorbz dropping. lol I feel like Dorbz should be reserved for Conventions if its going to be LE

I sadly am returning my metallic green giant and sprout to target. This thread really hit home and i just wont be able to keep spending indefinitely on the ad icon line with all the variants and so forth. Im a collector but with the production numbers on the line, there is just no way i can keep up. This makes me so sad

PopPopGoestheHuey

Postby PopPopGoestheHuey » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:43 pm

jondru wrote:
TheLastAnimator wrote:
jondru wrote:i had to look this guy up.. lol ... and i love chocodiles lol

Agreed! They gotta finish the Twinkie line!!
Along left is Happy Ho Ho, and Chief Big Wheels!

Happy Ho Ho and Chief Big Wheels? OMG where have I been? I need to get my sweet tooth going .... lol

For real!! Where have you been???
It's Easy to Smile when you're surrounded by this much MAGIC!!

jondru

Postby jondru » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:08 pm

PopPopGoestheHuey wrote:
jondru wrote:
TheLastAnimator wrote:Agreed! They gotta finish the Twinkie line!!
Along left is Happy Ho Ho, and Chief Big Wheels!

Happy Ho Ho and Chief Big Wheels? OMG where have I been? I need to get my sweet tooth going .... lol

](*,) :bounce:
Andrew

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:31 pm

millone wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:They need to go back to LE pieces from time to time on Funko shop and not do so many variants.

I absolutely have to agree with this sentiment - It seems like mass production has been the name of the game nowadays. They produce in bulk to serve the community I guess.. Me personally I liked it when they had numbered drops or small LE drops sprinkled in - I will say I appreciate the fact that the funko shop is serving more POP Vinyl then anything else though. I used to hate waking up and seeing a LE Dorbz dropping. lol I feel like Dorbz should be reserved for Conventions if its going to be LE

I sadly am returning my metallic green giant and sprout to target. This thread really hit home and i just wont be able to keep spending indefinitely on the ad icon line with all the variants and so forth. Im a collector but with the production numbers on the line, there is just no way i can keep up. This makes me so sad

Yup. Nowadays there are so many lines with so many pops that it is getting hard to collect all. I just stick to certain lines and resist buying random pops unless they are L.E. that’s a different story. So yeah it’s the only way I can keep up. Also selling some of those randoms helps.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:40 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
millone wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Yup. Nowadays there are so many lines with so many pops that it is getting hard to collect all. I just stick to certain lines and resist buying random pops unless they are L.E. that’s a different story. So yeah it’s the only way I can keep up. Also selling some of those randoms helps.

yeah - so one of the things that kind of showed me a lot of allure when I first got into collecting funko was the LE numbered pieces as well as the fact that I would be able to have pieces that would vault periodically and become hard to find. I thought it was fascinating that common pieces you rush out to the store to add to your collection would eventually vault and be hard to find. Well overtime I've noticed that products are starting to vault less and less and in addition to that the Numbered LE that we would have occasionally for the holidays or for special events are becoming more and more scarce. I too at one time had decided to take on the responsibility of collecting ad icons but I've recently had to become more choosy due to the fact that they aren't as limited as they once were. As much as I love the line, I really can't continue to collect such a expansive line at the same time that I collect other expansive lines so I've just had to become more selective as well.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:57 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
millone wrote:I sadly am returning my metallic green giant and sprout to target. This thread really hit home and i just wont be able to keep spending indefinitely on the ad icon line with all the variants and so forth. Im a collector but with the production numbers on the line, there is just no way i can keep up. This makes me so sad

yeah - so one of the things that kind of showed me a lot of allure when I first got into collecting funko was the LE numbered pieces as well as the fact that I would be able to have pieces that would vault periodically and become hard to find. I thought it was fascinating that common pieces you rush out to the store to add to your collection would eventually vault and be hard to find. Well overtime I've noticed that products are starting to vault less and less and in addition to that the Numbered LE that we would have occasionally for the holidays or for special events are becoming more and more scarce. I too at one time had decided to take on the responsibility of collecting ad icons but I've recently had to become more choosy due to the fact that they aren't as limited as they once were. As much as I love the line, I really can't continue to collect such a expansive line at the same time that I collect other expansive lines so I've just had to become more selective as well.

Totally agree it’s either you only collect that line or be picky and choosy and collect only want you want. Some of these ad icon pieces I feel should have went to store instead of funko shop. Like the cupcake captain should have went to store. Now dig’um the frog that should have been Funko shop. All in all it’s a pick and choose game from here now.
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:13 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:I definitely feel they should go back to the way it was and also give these ad icons a kick by making them extra instead of just the common. (On Funko Shop) Flocked, metallic or GITD. Only with some of these ad icons and not make a second one to keep the value of the first pop. I mean look what happen to the target dog when he got a flocked version of him. The regular one dipped. :-k

One thing I personally didn't mind in general was when they used to have the common variant and then the Metallic/Glow were limited and numbered - It was really a special time. I also kinda liked when things were a mystery until they went live - I remember waiting til 7 in the morning so I could see what would pop up on the funko shop and almost had a heart attack when I seen that it was a AD icon. lol! those were the good ol days.

Yup. That surprise drop at 7am would have people scrambling. I’m over here working and ordering at the same time lol . Kinda glad they moved it to 11am. I’m home by then.

I used to love the mystery drops - I wish they would move it back to 7 a.m. just for the holidays at least. It was something to look forward too - Especially because we would be tuned in not knowing WHAT may drop and then you would have to make a split second decision on whether you were going to cop the drop or not.
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:16 am

GettingSodas wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:I definitely feel they should go back to the way it was and also give these ad icons a kick by making them extra instead of just the common. (On Funko Shop) Flocked, metallic or GITD. Only with some of these ad icons and not make a second one to keep the value of the first pop. I mean look what happen to the target dog when he got a flocked version of him. The regular one dipped. :-k

One thing I personally didn't mind in general was when they used to have the common variant and then the Metallic/Glow were limited and numbered - It was really a special time. I also kinda liked when things were a mystery until they went live - I remember waiting til 7 in the morning so I could see what would pop up on the funko shop and almost had a heart attack when I seen that it was a AD icon. lol! those were the good ol days.

Couldn’t agree more

It was almost like being a kid in a candy shop - waking up early in the morning to see exactly what funko was going to come with next. That was back when we had no idea what was coming and resellers couldn't even list items until they were all sold out so you had to make a genuine decision if you were going to get the item or not. I LOVED when funko did that with Elvira because I had to make a genuine decision if I wanted it and I couldn't believe my eyes at first when I seen it go up on the shop! :compress: :compress: :compress: :compress: :compress: :compress: :compress:
PopPChulo

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:48 am

PopPChulo wrote:
GettingSodas wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Couldn’t agree more

It was almost like being a kid in a candy shop - waking up early in the morning to see exactly what funko was going to come with next. That was back when we had no idea what was coming and resellers couldn't even list items until they were all sold out so you had to make a genuine decision if you were going to get the item or not. I LOVED when funko did that with Elvira because I had to make a genuine decision if I wanted it and I couldn't believe my eyes at first when I seen it go up on the shop! :compress: :compress: :compress: :compress: :compress: :compress: :compress:

Yes that was a magical moment when they released Elvira on the shop. Hope they do it again. I did love those mysterious drops Funko shop would do. My heart would start to race right before the drop but now we know what is dropping so that doesn’t happen no more. They need to do that from time to time so they can get those hearts pumping again. :D

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:15 am

mongoose12 wrote:am i the only one that thinks a mr sparkle ad icon would be epic? it would make 2 collector bases happy - ad icon collectors and simpsons collectors lol

That would be a unique one for the simpson line.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:56 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
GettingSodas wrote:Couldn’t agree more

Yes that was a magical moment when they released Elvira on the shop. Hope they do it again. I did love those mysterious drops Funko shop would do. My heart would start to race right before the drop but now we know what is dropping so that doesn’t happen no more. They need to do that from time to time so they can get those hearts pumping again. :D

Those were the days
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:26 pm

GettingSodas wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Those were the days

I’m starting to believe that those days are over
Image Image
ImageImage

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:36 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
GettingSodas wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:Yes that was a magical moment when they released Elvira on the shop. Hope they do it again. I did love those mysterious drops Funko shop would do. My heart would start to race right before the drop but now we know what is dropping so that doesn’t happen no more. They need to do that from time to time so they can get those hearts pumping again. :D

Those were the days

I’m starting to believe that those days are over

:( yup those days are over.

PopPopGoestheHuey

Postby PopPopGoestheHuey » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:11 am

jondru wrote:
PopPopGoestheHuey wrote:
jondru wrote:Happy Ho Ho and Chief Big Wheels? OMG where have I been? I need to get my sweet tooth going .... lol

Theres so many good ones. I want to see Apple Jack and Cinne-mon too

jondru

Postby jondru » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:39 pm

PopPopGoestheHuey wrote:
jondru wrote:
PopPopGoestheHuey wrote:

Cinne-mon... really?
Andrew

PopPopGoestheHuey

Postby PopPopGoestheHuey » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:56 pm

jondru wrote:
PopPopGoestheHuey wrote:
jondru wrote: ](*,) :bounce:

Cinne-mon... really?

Here I come I am Cinne-mon

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:51 am

Ok, this is going to be a relatively obscure piece of Americana, but I don't think there's a single Ad Icon that better describes the vibes of Funko better then this. And yes this chain is still around

:freddy4:

Animation (and occasionally Ad Icons) collector. Dorbz (RIP), Soda, Pop and Pez focused.

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:14 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Yup. That surprise drop at 7am would have people scrambling. I’m over here working and ordering at the same time lol . Kinda glad they moved it to 11am. I’m home by then.

I used to love the mystery drops - I wish they would move it back to 7 a.m. just for the holidays at least. It was something to look forward too - Especially because we would be tuned in not knowing WHAT may drop and then you would have to make a split second decision on whether you were going to cop the drop or not.

Someone is a gambler. And I am not casting any stones here. That was the reason I loved those drops as well. You either felt really good about that quick pickup or instant regret. LOL.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

TheLastAnimator

Postby TheLastAnimator » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:16 am

Optimistic wrote:Ok, this is going to be a relatively obscure piece of Americana, but I don't think there's a single Ad Icon that better describes the vibes of Funko better then this. And yes this chain is still around

It’s my first time hearing about that place but man oh man, I’d love a pop of it anyway. The design is cute!
:freddy3:

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:34 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
GettingSodas wrote:Couldn’t agree more

I will always remember that day they released Elvira on the shop... I was as sick as I may have ever been and I missed it because I was either being sick or sleeping lol It was such insult to injury
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

funkosundae

Postby funkosundae » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:49 pm

Love to see the 7up Cool Spot as a Pop.

jondru

Postby jondru » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:44 pm

PopPopGoestheHuey wrote:
jondru wrote:
PopPopGoestheHuey wrote:

Cinne-mon... really?

Here I come I am Cinne-mon

i looked him up... a cinnamon stick :bounce:
Andrew

jondru

Postby jondru » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:45 pm

funkosundae wrote:Love to see the 7up Cool Spot as a Pop.

:cheers:
Andrew

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:50 pm

I wishing for all the OG Ad Icons wearing hats. Same mold, no changes besides hat on their head /s
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:17 pm

bizzydesigner wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I will always remember that day they released Elvira on the shop... I was as sick as I may have ever been and I missed it because I was either being sick or sleeping lol It was such insult to injury

Now for a random drop that was a random drop. Need more of those.

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:55 am

L3g3nD33 wrote:I wishing for all the OG Ad Icons wearing hats. Same mold, no changes besides hat on their head /s

Why hats?
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:39 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:Yes that was a magical moment when they released Elvira on the shop. Hope they do it again. I did love those mysterious drops Funko shop would do. My heart would start to race right before the drop but now we know what is dropping so that doesn’t happen no more. They need to do that from time to time so they can get those hearts pumping again. :D

Hell yeah! also since funko is putting real hair on some of their funko pops (aka the trolls line) - Imma need the real hair on the Honey Comb ad Icon when they get around to it - Thanks in advance lol lol :freddy2: Brian if your reading this ;)
PopPChulo

draemar

Postby draemar » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:11 pm

digithor wrote:
L3g3nD33 wrote:I wishing for all the OG Ad Icons wearing hats. Same mold, no changes besides hat on their head /s

Why hats?

Yeah, i think it'd be easier just to make them hold something. hats change the mold, do they not?
ImageImageImage

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:39 pm

draemar wrote:
digithor wrote:

Why hats?

Yeah, i think it'd be easier just to make them hold something. hats change the mold, do they not?

Lol, it was more sarcasm than anything. Like the Hollywood EXs with just sunglasses.
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:51 pm

That would be kind of different but it would be something that would turn out awesome in my opinion.

ucmerolling117

Postby ucmerolling117 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:54 pm

mongoose12 wrote:am i the only one that thinks a mr sparkle ad icon would be epic? it would make 2 collector bases happy - ad icon collectors and simpsons collectors lol

omg yess please

ucmerolling117

Postby ucmerolling117 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:55 pm

Wendy please.

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:06 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:

Hell yeah! also since funko is putting real hair on some of their funko pops (aka the trolls line) - Imma need the real hair on the Honey Comb ad Icon when they get around to it - Thanks in advance lol lol :freddy2: Brian if your reading this ;)

With a scent of honey just for that little extra on that ice topping. :cheers:

POPianato

Postby POPianato » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:44 pm

Enjoying everything Funko has been providing in the Ad Icon line lately!
ImageImage

wash2366

Postby wash2366 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:36 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
GettingSodas wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Couldn’t agree more

It really sucked that the sneaker-heads and scalpers joined the community and caused all the issues. They forced Funko to do something about it and 2 of the action items was Brian saying no more #'s on Funko-Shop items and making Exclusive runs larger so that collectors could still get items even after scalpers bottled them.

It did drive the scalpers away, but now our secondary market is destroyed. They really need to go back to 10k runs and #'d Exclusives periodically. Can't just always be at Cons and special events.

Good news is that we are back to pre-2018 collecting habits. I'm not freaking out because I have to network or be super fast on website to get my Pops. Haha.
Name: David / Pop count: 733 / Vynals: 4/ Dorbz: 10 / Soda: 4 / Mystery Minis: 12
Collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... s/wash2366

ImageImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:17 am

L3g3nD33 wrote:
draemar wrote:
digithor wrote:
Why hats?

Lol, it was more sarcasm than anything. Like the Hollywood EXs with just sunglasses.

Can we make it viking hats then? :)
ImageImageImageImage

sushiguru

Postby sushiguru » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:51 am

lol, viking hats YESSSS

angrynate

Postby angrynate » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:35 am

i don't know who needs to see this at Funko to make it happen but I hope they do see it haha, this would be pretty epic and I would absolutely pick one up.
That's my secret Cap... I'm always angry

ImageImageImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:02 am

angrynate wrote:

i don't know who needs to see this at Funko to make it happen but I hope they do see it haha, this would be pretty epic and I would absolutely pick one up.

Ty for supporting the movement lol #teamMrSparkle

Return to “Pop!”