Hot Topic 4/12 Hype Release

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Re: Hot Topic 4/12 Hype Release

Postby a99kitten » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:28 pm

kappait wrote:
repair-manmanmanman wrote:
kappait wrote:
I wonder how long they lasted each day. I saw they are doing the next celebration in Anaheim next year. They must be trying to cash in on the opening of Star Wars land and doing it on back to back years. I'll definitely be hitting that up next year. You should head down.

Don't they do it every year? If it's in Anaheim, I'll definitely go and I can check out Galaxy's Edge during that trip too.

No it's always been every other year and they have done the other year in Europe. So it's been 4 years between celebrations in the US. 2015 was Anaheim 2017 was London I think 2019 was Chicago. I think 2013 was Germany.

And I guess the lottery system was not great this year. Plus badges are 2x the price of SDCC. It's pretty pricey. But I'll be there next year. Haha.

2017 was Orlando. I'm actually happy they are breaking the every other year tradition for 2020 and that it is in Anaheim. Total tie-in to Galaxy's Edge being open at DL plus it's the 40th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back - only a celebration of the BEST MOVIE EVER MADE :)
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

kappait

Postby kappait » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:00 pm

kappait wrote:
Don't they do it every year? If it's in Anaheim, I'll definitely go and I can check out Galaxy's Edge during that trip too.

No it's always been every other year and they have done the other year in Europe. So it's been 4 years between celebrations in the US. 2015 was Anaheim 2017 was London I think 2019 was Chicago. I think 2013 was Germany.

And I guess the lottery system was not great this year. Plus badges are 2x the price of SDCC. It's pretty pricey. But I'll be there next year. Haha.

Yeah I heard a ton of people weren't able to get into any of the panels they wanted to this year.

wasn't there one in orlando recently?

I just looked it up. They have been all over the map with these haha. 5 and 6 were in Orlando. In 2011 and 2012. They have been 1 to 3 years apart with some really random locations. I went to the one in 2015 in Anaheim. It's a good time. But hard to justify the 5 day pass unlike SDCC. They do have a ton more content now so maybe they can fill 5 days with worth while panels and exhibits.

I'll still go in Anaheim next year.
ImageImage

Do or do not there is no try
Yoda '80

:SW9:
Funklub# 7225
Fundays: 2017, 2018

kappait

Postby kappait » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:03 pm

a99kitten wrote:
kappait wrote:

2017 was Orlando. I'm actually happy they are breaking the every other year tradition for 2020 and that it is in Anaheim. Total tie-in to Galaxy's Edge being open at DL plus it's the 40th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back - only a celebration of the BEST MOVIE EVER MADE :)

Definitely agree. It looks like they tie them to movie releases but next year will be the first not tied to a release. But you're right they will have some cool merch for sure to celebrate 40 years after Empire. I also agree it's the best ever made. Should be a good time for sure.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:31 pm

a99kitten wrote:
kappait wrote:

Yeah that's what I thought. I remember everyone was talking about orlando on here.

Mm I'm more partial to return of the jedi if we're talking original trilogy lol.
Hi, I'm CY

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:33 pm

kappait wrote:
kappait wrote:

Yeah I heard a ton of people weren't able to get into any of the panels they wanted to this year.

I just looked it up. They have been all over the map with these haha. 5 and 6 were in Orlando. In 2011 and 2012. They have been 1 to 3 years apart with some really random locations. I went to the one in 2015 in Anaheim. It's a good time. But hard to justify the 5 day pass unlike SDCC. They do have a ton more content now so maybe they can fill 5 days with worth while panels and exhibits.

Well at least anaheim is more accessible in terms of hotel and travel and san diego. You have a lot more options on places to stay and you can go farther out without it making too much of a difference. Plus disneyland - 'nuff said.
Hi, I'm CY

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:35 pm

kappait wrote:
a99kitten wrote:
kappait wrote:

Definitely agree. It looks like they tie them to movie releases but next year will be the first not tied to a release. But you're right they will have some cool merch for sure to celebrate 40 years after Empire. I also agree it's the best ever made. Should be a good time for sure.

I feel like we had this discussion about which movie was best in one of the lines at last year's SDCC already lol
Hi, I'm CY

kappait

Postby kappait » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:22 pm

a99kitten wrote:
kappait wrote:

Yeah that's what I thought. I remember everyone was talking about orlando on here.

Mm I'm more partial to return of the jedi if we're talking original trilogy lol.

Jedi?? Cmon man! That's the 3rd best of the 3. Haha.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

kappait

Postby kappait » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:24 pm

kappait wrote:

Well at least anaheim is more accessible in terms of hotel and travel and san diego. You have a lot more options on places to stay and you can go farther out without it making too much of a difference. Plus disneyland - 'nuff said.

Yeah I think the opening of Star Wars land played a big part in the decision to have another one. Plus I think they want to get the word out about their plans for the future of the franchise.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

kappait

Postby kappait » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:25 pm

kappait wrote:
a99kitten wrote:

I feel like we had this discussion about which movie was best in one of the lines at last year's SDCC already lol

We can always have this discussion. But there's only one answer. Empire rules! Haha.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:28 pm

kappait wrote:
kappait wrote:

We can always have this discussion. But there's only one answer. Empire rules! Haha.

Lol then you don't want to know my rankings of all the movies combined.
Hi, I'm CY

kappait

Postby kappait » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:33 am

kappait wrote:

Haha. True. But Jedi is definitely 3rd of the first 3!
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:57 pm

kappait wrote:
kappait wrote:

I agree it's the third movie made of the first 3.

But number 1 quality wise!
Hi, I'm CY

kappait

Postby kappait » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:22 pm

kappait wrote:

Haha. No way my man!
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:34 pm

kappait wrote:
kappait wrote:

Haha. No way my man!

I guess you're entitled to your wrong opinion :roflmao:
Hi, I'm CY

kappait

Postby kappait » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:58 am

kappait wrote:

Haha. No way my man!

Haha. This discussion is to be continued in July. Haha.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:39 am

did anyone else's Hot Topics open early today for a special release? I'm seeing posts on social media..was it for Toy Story pops?
Funatic of all things Funko!!

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:41 am

2017fanatic wrote:did anyone else's Hot Topics open early today for a special release? I'm seeing posts on social media..was it for Toy Story pops?

I believe today was the live-action Aladdin release, but didn't see any early openings here
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:19 pm

kappait wrote:
kappait wrote:
Haha. No way my man!

Btw, Stars Wars is likely going to be at both SDCC and D23 now according to some online source.
Hi, I'm CY

kappait

Postby kappait » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:10 pm

kappait wrote:

Btw, Stars Wars is likely going to be at both SDCC and D23 now according to some online source.

Noice. Who's the source?
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:26 pm

kappait wrote:
kappait wrote:

Noice. Who's the source?

These guys:

https://makingstarwars.net/2019/04/star-wars-and-con-season-2019-the-rise-of-skywalker-and-the-mandalorian-at-sdcc-and-d23/
Hi, I'm CY

Measured Mayhem

Postby Measured Mayhem » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:34 pm

kappait wrote:

Noice. Who's the source?

These guys:

https://makingstarwars.net/2019/04/star-wars-and-con-season-2019-the-rise-of-skywalker-and-the-mandalorian-at-sdcc-and-d23/

Ohh nice!
Remember, remember, the fifth of November

kappait

Postby kappait » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:24 pm

kappait wrote:

Noice. Who's the source?

These guys:

Kind of bummed The Mandalorian won't be at SDCC. That would have been a nice Ball room 20 panel. But I may have to try for that Saturday SW panel in hall h
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:00 pm

kappait wrote:

Kind of bummed The Mandalorian won't be at SDCC. That would have been a nice Ball room 20 panel. But I may have to try for that Saturday SW panel in hall h

Saturday Hall H is always kind of difficult, because you'd have to leave Fundays to go get the wristband and scan your badge in the hall h line.
Hi, I'm CY

kappait

Postby kappait » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:41 pm

kappait wrote:

Saturday Hall H is always kind of difficult, because you'd have to leave Fundays to go get the wristband and scan your badge in the hall h line.

That's if we get Funday tickets. Then it's a problem. Haha.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:50 pm

kappait wrote:
kappait wrote:

Fundays > Saturday Hall H

There's always D23 Expo. You guys should consider going to that too
Hi, I'm CY

kappait

Postby kappait » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:53 pm

kappait wrote:

Oh yeah totally agree and I've never been in hall h. Haha. Although i'm there for exclusives. I don't really care about the panels all that much.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:02 pm

kappait wrote:
kappait wrote:

Oh yeah totally agree and I've never been in hall h. Haha. Although i'm there for exclusives. I don't really care about the panels all that much.

You didn't come in with us last year for Thursday? Same here, but I have to get some celebrity sightseeing/panels in for Kristi or else she doesn't enjoy the con as much.
Hi, I'm CY

kappait

Postby kappait » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:05 pm

kappait wrote:

You didn't come in with us last year for Thursday? Same here, but I have to get some celebrity sightseeing/panels in for Kristi or else she doesn't enjoy the con as much.

I never did. Kayla went in. We were just helping waiting in line. Haha. It's always a nice break to sit down for a bit. Except on Saturday when the lines on the pier side!!
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:15 pm

kappait wrote:
kappait wrote:

I never did. Kayla went in. We were just helping waiting in line. Haha. It's always a nice break to sit down for a bit. Except on Saturday when the lines on the pier side!!

Yeah it got real hot there in the middle of the afternoon. I'm buying lots of stuff now in anticipation of that.
Hi, I'm CY

kappait

Postby kappait » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:28 pm

kappait wrote:

Yeah it got real hot there in the middle of the afternoon. I'm buying lots of stuff now in anticipation of that.

And last year was a mild year. Hopefully it won't be bad this year.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

Return to “Pop!”