Possibility for Tower of Terror Pops?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
volsspongebob

Re: Possibility for Tower of Terror Pops?

Postby volsspongebob » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:20 pm

As with all Disney Park POPs, I would be all over this in any form.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

nyel24

Postby nyel24 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:51 pm

This would be an awesome idea.

Bezo33

Postby Bezo33 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:54 pm

I'd be stoked for this. Hopefully the fact that they changed it to GOTG doesn't deter them from still doing an anniversary pop.

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:59 pm

IIRC disney's license with the Twilight Zone was expiring and one of the parties decided not to renew, hence the conversion of TOT into the GOTG ride. If Funko were to make this, it would probably have to do with the actual show and not the ride, otherwise they would have to go through some kind of deal with both parties.
Hi, I'm CY

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Postby jedik6 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:13 pm

Geescube wrote:Been crying 4 these for years. :(

I would love them so much

I was waiting for you to chime in on these....the good thing with Parks exclusives is the online after release you remind me of right? Maybe on the anniversary of the ride?
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023
ISO Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel MCU
Wednesday Addams Netflix Proto

Popsaysyee

Postby Popsaysyee » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:31 pm

Being a Disney Parks fan, I would be all in for this Pop if this came to fruition! I think a TOT Bellhop Pop would be an amazing addition to my Disney Parks display case!!
Jayson

ImageImageImage

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:52 pm

Swatrob wrote:
runtodere wrote:
Swatrob wrote:I’m a huge fan of the ride and the twilight zone. We don’t have it at Disney anymore but I still really like guardians. But I’ve got a soft spot for the original

I never got to ride tot at disneyland, only at disneyworld. I just ironically rode gotg though. I am not sure i will ever be able to like gotg more than tot

I like how they took what they had and turned it into guardians. I’m sure it will be even better once bugs land is transformed into marvel. But I agree I have a soft spot for terror, we visit my dad in Florida so I still get the chance to ride it occasionaly

I'm actually tempted to take a trip to Florida to ride it again. I hope they do not release a tot pop only at Florida.

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:54 pm

HarryPOPter wrote:
runtodere wrote:
Swatrob wrote:I’m a huge fan of the ride and the twilight zone. We don’t have it at Disney anymore but I still really like guardians. But I’ve got a soft spot for the original

I never got to ride tot at disneyland, only at disneyworld. I just ironically rode gotg though. I am not sure i will ever be able to like gotg more than tot

Be to fair, the ToT at DisneyWorld is a lot better than the one at Disneyland, but I do love both. I was skeptical about the GoTG ride but maybe give it a few more go's before deciding. I still have to test it out myself hahah.

Is that right? How is Florida's different than anaheims?

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:29 pm

Sketched this up today! The Tower of Terror is in my top 3 rides at Disney World! Would love the idea of the doors opening and closing on the ride, possibly room for a pop or two to fit inside! Hope everyone enjoys! :)
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
Aspring Funko artist!
In search of 2004 SDCC Funko-Mart items & old school Funko memorabilia!

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:36 pm

jedik6 wrote:
Geescube wrote:Been crying 4 these for years. :(

I would love them so much

I was waiting for you to chime in on these....the good thing with Parks exclusives is the online after release you remind me of right? Maybe on the anniversary of the ride?

Not worried abt getting them. Wondering if they are even being made.

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:52 pm

runtodere wrote:
Swatrob wrote:
runtodere wrote:I never got to ride tot at disneyland, only at disneyworld. I just ironically rode gotg though. I am not sure i will ever be able to like gotg more than tot

I like how they took what they had and turned it into guardians. I’m sure it will be even better once bugs land is transformed into marvel. But I agree I have a soft spot for terror, we visit my dad in Florida so I still get the chance to ride it occasionaly

I'm actually tempted to take a trip to Florida to ride it again. I hope they do not release a tot pop only at Florida.

Florida trip is worth it for sure. Exhausting but it’s such a fun trip, I could spend all day in the Harry Potter areas at universal
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:53 pm

runtodere wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:
runtodere wrote:I never got to ride tot at disneyland, only at disneyworld. I just ironically rode gotg though. I am not sure i will ever be able to like gotg more than tot

Be to fair, the ToT at DisneyWorld is a lot better than the one at Disneyland, but I do love both. I was skeptical about the GoTG ride but maybe give it a few more go's before deciding. I still have to test it out myself hahah.

The one in Anaheim was fun but it went up and down and that was it. Florida the elevator actually comes out of the hotel
Before it drops. At least that is how I remember it
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

JUSTlistIN

Postby JUSTlistIN » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:55 pm

this is my dream Disney Parks pop

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:45 am

HarryPOPter wrote:
runtodere wrote:

You are spot on about Wdw having a better TOT. The fact that the elevator comes out of the shaft and travels down the third dimension hallway before entering the second elevator shaft is a pretty cool difference.

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:46 am

thefunkohunko wrote:Sketched this up today! The Tower of Terror is in my top 3 rides at Disney World! Would love the idea of the doors opening and closing on the ride, possibly room for a pop or two to fit inside! Hope everyone enjoys! :)

Nice job! I could totally see this as a park exclusive item.

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:41 am

ghostrye wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:

You are spot on about Wdw having a better TOT. The fact that the elevator comes out of the shaft and travels down the third dimension hallway before entering the second elevator shaft is a pretty cool difference.

Interesting the anaheim one doesnt have that. I do remember that being really cool

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:44 am

ghostrye wrote:
thefunkohunko wrote:Sketched this up today! The Tower of Terror is in my top 3 rides at Disney World! Would love the idea of the doors opening and closing on the ride, possibly room for a pop or two to fit inside! Hope everyone enjoys! :)

Nice job! I could totally see this as a park exclusive item.

That is really cool, very well done. I would buy that in a heartbeat

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:31 pm

This would be such a must have for me! wishful thinking, but i would love it if some day they brought this back to CA Adventure. My kid prefers GOTG but tower of terror was iconic for me
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:42 pm

Thrillofthehunt wrote:This would be such a must have for me! wishful thinking, but i would love it if some day they brought this back to CA Adventure. My kid prefers GOTG but tower of terror was iconic for me

The age divide is showing...kids have no perspective w on what twilight zone is...but Guardians they know.

racheva

Postby racheva » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:39 pm

I just want a bellhop pop. They took my beloved ride away in California, tho, so I doubt that will every happen.
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

racheva

Postby racheva » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:40 pm

Oh wow, that is awesome! I posted and then scrolled up and you'd drawn exactly what I wanted! An amazing concept for a pop ride.
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

booboo79
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby booboo79 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:00 pm

I love everything about this!!!!
Hi, I'm Charlie!
Instagram: @CharlieRestreps

Image Image Image Image Image

Lexaeus

Postby Lexaeus » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:01 pm

I am 100% on board with this idea. Even if all we got was a bellhop, I would be so happy. ToT is easily one of my favorite rides. As much as I love Marvel, I was sad to see it go in CA.
Image ImageImage

Lexaeus

Postby Lexaeus » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:02 pm

Dude...YES!! This is perfect!
Image ImageImage

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:17 am

Swatrob wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:

Yeah the one in Florida coming out of the hotel is awesome. I like guardians because it’s okays different music and I’m a big marvel fan. But terror is classic

Definitely can't argue with the classic. What I do love about Disney is that even though they do take away some of the old iconic rides, they'll still always be iconic and live with the fans.
Jenny
For more fun on IG: @harrypopter

Harry Potter. Disney villains.

Fundays 2017 :freddy1:

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:21 am

Swatrob wrote:
runtodere wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:

The one in Anaheim was fun but it went up and down and that was it. Florida the elevator actually comes out of the hotel
Before it drops. At least that is how I remember it

Yup, that's pretty much correct. It travels out of the the elevator and into the hallway as if you were walking in the hotel and travels around for a bit before the big drops. The one in Disneyland was the elevator opens, but it only moves up and down.
Jenny

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:22 am

ghostrye wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:

I need to ride the WDW again before it leaves. It was my favorite part of ToT that it traveled out of the elevator into the hallway. I rode the WDW first and was thoroughly disappointed that the Disneyland didn't do the same.
Jenny

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:23 am

Absolutely in love with this! Hope it becomes real one day!
Jenny

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:26 am

HarryPOPter wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:

I need to ride the WDW again before it leaves. It was my favorite part of ToT that it traveled out of the elevator into the hallway. I rode the WDW first and was thoroughly disappointed that the Disneyland didn't do the same.

Well, the good news (for some) is that there are no imminent plans to alter the TOT at WDW. They are spending so much money on Toy Story, the new entrance, the Skyliner, Galaxy’s Edge and the Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, that I imagine any reworking of TOt is probably several years away if it ever DOES go away.

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:32 am

ghostrye wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:
ghostrye wrote:

Well, the good news (for some) is that there are no imminent plans to alter the TOT at WDW. They are spending so much money on Toy Story, the new entrance, the Skyliner, Galaxy’s Edge and the Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, that I imagine any reworking of TOt is probably several years away if it ever DOES go away.

Perfect. I know that the Disneyland contract with Twilight Zone was up which was the opportunity for the change. But yes, I'm hoping that presently it'll be there long enough for me to book my flight to Florida and ride all the new rides and experiences.
Jenny

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:35 am

ghostrye wrote:
Thrillofthehunt wrote:This would be such a must have for me! wishful thinking, but i would love it if some day they brought this back to CA Adventure. My kid prefers GOTG but tower of terror was iconic for me

The age divide is showing...kids have no perspective w on what twilight zone is...but Guardians they know.

Very interesting take on that. I'm sure it does have quite a bit to do with the switch. But I totally get the perspective. No kid right now would be like oooh a creepy hotel.. seems fun. hahaha.
Jenny

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:36 am

Swatrob wrote:
runtodere wrote:
Swatrob wrote:

Florida trip is worth it for sure. Exhausting but it’s such a fun trip, I could spend all day in the Harry Potter areas at universal

I've tried to spend all day at the Harry Potter area my first trip there. My sister literally had to drag me and my brother away so we could actually see the rest of the park + the other parks.
Jenny

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:36 am

HarryPOPter wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:

Perfect. I know that the Disneyland contract with Twilight Zone was up which was the opportunity for the change. But yes, I'm hoping that presently it'll be there long enough for me to book my flight to Florida and ride all the new rides and experiences.

Hmm. Not sure about any contract being up. DisneyLand has the ability to add Marvel into their Parks with rides which I think was the catalyst to test the waters of a Marvel themed land in DCA. Since Universal has the rights to do Marvel theme park attractions, they have a 50 mile ban around their park which precludes Disney from doing so in Florida which is why they haven’t jumped in yet. But Guardians not being a part of the original contract is the exception which is why they are building a brand new roller coaster in Epcot...so it doesn’t make a ton of sense to revamp their TOT with that theme.

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:40 am

ghostrye wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:
ghostrye wrote:

Hmm. Not sure about any contract being up. DisneyLand has the ability to add Marvel into their Parks with rides which I think was the catalyst to test the waters of a Marvel themed land in DCA. Since Universal has the rights to do Marvel theme park attractions, they have a 50 mile ban around their park which precludes Disney from doing so in Florida which is why they haven’t jumped in yet. But Guardians not being a part of the original contract is the exception which is why they are building a brand new roller coaster in Epcot...so it doesn’t make a ton of sense to revamp their TOT with that theme.

That makes a lot of sense with the Marvel/ Universal licensing. It also would be redundant to have more Marvel within the Disney parks though with Universal right there. But hopefully they keep the ToT because I'm not ready to give it up completely yet hahah.
Jenny

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:43 am

HarryPOPter wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:

That makes a lot of sense with the Marvel/ Universal licensing. It also would be redundant to have more Marvel within the Disney parks though with Universal right there. But hopefully they keep the ToT because I'm not ready to give it up completely yet hahah.

I’m hoping that now that Disney owns Fox, they can maybe negotiate with the theme park division and try to gain the ability to do themed Marvel lands at WDW. Islands of Adventure was incredible when it opened, but it just hasn’t grown or been upgraded or even well maintained for years and Disney would likely honor the material quite a bit better.

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:43 am

HarryPOPter wrote:
Swatrob wrote:
runtodere wrote:I'm actually tempted to take a trip to Florida to ride it again. I hope they do not release a tot pop only at Florida.

I've tried to spend all day at the Harry Potter area my first trip there. My sister literally had to drag me and my brother away so we could actually see the rest of the park + the other parks.

Diagon alley is just such an amazing place, I really could spend all day there. They knocked it out of the park for sure

TheLastAnimator

Postby TheLastAnimator » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:59 pm

HarryPOPter wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:

Agreed!
:freddy3:

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:17 pm

ghostrye wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:
ghostrye wrote:

I’m hoping that now that Disney owns Fox, they can maybe negotiate with the theme park division and try to gain the ability to do themed Marvel lands at WDW. Islands of Adventure was incredible when it opened, but it just hasn’t grown or been upgraded or even well maintained for years and Disney would likely honor the material quite a bit better.

Yeah I can definitely see Disney doing something like that eventually. But I do still find Islands of Adventure fun and there are definitely gem rides there still! Maybe they will do an upgrade at Universal at some point.
Jenny

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:18 pm

Swatrob wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:
Swatrob wrote:

Diagon alley is just such an amazing place, I really could spend all day there. They knocked it out of the park for sure

I haven't even been to Diagon alley yet since it opened so I only got to see Hogsmeade. Definitely going to go back to spend an entire day there (or 2 again). I love how the experience also feels different at night too. So it's like two parks during the day and night.
Jenny

Thehueys

Postby Thehueys » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:16 pm

HarryPOPter wrote:
Thehueys wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
There are several cast member costumes I think could be fun:
Tower Bellhop
Haunted Mansion
Guest Relations

Since they’re doing light up pops now, a light up tower of terror when the camera flashed would be pretty awesome.

That would be awesome! Even just to have that lightning effect would be awesome.

I honestly just miss the ride so much. I know people love the new Guardians of the galaxy ride but I just cant do it. Its not for me.
Current collection count is over 5000 unique pieces.
FDO: 2023
Fundays: 2018,2019,2021,2022, 2023
Fright Night: 2022
ECCC: 2017,2018,2019,2021
SDCC: 2018, 2019,2022,2023,2024
NYCC: 2019,2022,2023
Wondercon: 2022,2023
C2E2: 2024
FunKon: 2021
Designer Con:2019,2021,2022,2023,2024

Always looking for missing Huckleberry Hound, Freddy Funko and Disney pieces that I’m missing :)

Return to “Pop!”