Galactic toys 6" broly has a chase variant

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Funkofan21

Re: Galactic toys 6" broly has a chase variant

Postby Funkofan21 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:53 pm

ssmart619 wrote:
Vertigo813 wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:I totally agree with you. Then, they try saying that these chases are not part of the ones being sent out. Yeah, right.. it's a bunch of BS.

Exactly! Unless they are taking 5 reg versions out of circulation for every chase they given out it is no longer 1 in 6. And there is no way they are doing that. I am resigned that I won’t get a chase.

From the way the message read for me atleast, that is what it sounds like is happening. So how many admins are there on that group? 10? 20? It does not sound too far fetched that they could separate out 60, 120, or even 180 boxes to bring strictly to conventions and then the chase brolys found in those specific boxes be sent to admins. Doesnt that still offer a 1 and 6 for the remaining boxes alotted to preorders?

Trying to stay positive!

I like positive thinking! Still hoping I get a chase ! Lol
:freddy2:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImageImageImage

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:14 pm

Funkofan21 wrote:
ssmart619 wrote:
Vertigo813 wrote:Exactly! Unless they are taking 5 reg versions out of circulation for every chase they given out it is no longer 1 in 6. And there is no way they are doing that. I am resigned that I won’t get a chase.

From the way the message read for me atleast, that is what it sounds like is happening. So how many admins are there on that group? 10? 20? It does not sound too far fetched that they could separate out 60, 120, or even 180 boxes to bring strictly to conventions and then the chase brolys found in those specific boxes be sent to admins. Doesnt that still offer a 1 and 6 for the remaining boxes alotted to preorders?

Trying to stay positive!

I like positive thinking! Still hoping I get a chase ! Lol

That's the spirit! In the end, we all still look for that chase regardless of the circumstances.
IG: chasingvynl
Hello my name is Ken!
Pop Count: Too much
Main Line: GOT, WD, Disney, Simpsons, DBZ/DBS, Anime, Naruto
SDCC 17, SDCC 18, SDCC 19, ECCC 18, CRX 19, SDCC 22
ISO: Anime protos

Image Image

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:17 pm

slimpicks wrote:Pretty disheartening they are back dooring Chase's. Can they still be trusted that this is 1 out of 6. I bet when everyone gets their brolys and it's not a Chase all these thoughts are going to arise about the backdoored Chase's affected their chances. Really bad move by them to do that and then get caught about doing that

There's already a backlash out there. They've lost trust with majority of the pop collectors. I would think it would hit their sales for sure. I might be wrong.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:18 pm

Indy Viper wrote:
pberickp wrote:
slimpicks wrote:Pretty disheartening they are back dooring Chase's. Can they still be trusted that this is 1 out of 6. I bet when everyone gets their brolys and it's not a Chase all these thoughts are going to arise about the backdoored Chase's affected their chances. Really bad move by them to do that and then get caught about doing that

And then the owner fanned the flames by saying it's his store and he can do whatever he wants with the chases. I'll bet Funko is pretty upset about his posts the past few days. I doubt this is what they had in mind when they gave this store exclusivity on their DBZ POP! with a chase. He just needs to stay quiet but it's been his own posts that are getting people fired up. Should have just let hot topic handle it.

Do you or anyone else know where the owner was posting this? I’m really curious to see exactly what he was saying.

Thanks!

It was originally posted on the dragon ball pop group. It's basically where all the drama happened.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:57 pm

I really hope I get the chase version to go with my Dragon Ball z collection.

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:16 am

Shoriyuken wrote:

There's already a backlash out there. They've lost trust with majority of the pop collectors. I would think it would hit their sales for sure. I might be wrong.

I know a lot of people who turned their pre orders around after this situation came to light, along with how the owner handled it afterwards.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:55 am

Glad some orders shipped out, I'll wait patiently for mine!

Instagram: whatthefunk206

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:49 pm

digithor wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:

I know a lot of people who turned their pre orders around after this situation came to light, along with how the owner handled it afterwards.

Same with be. I'm on the fence about it. I didn't like what happened but I also want the pop.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

Vteck

Postby Vteck » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:00 pm

Shoriyuken wrote:
digithor wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:There's already a backlash out there. They've lost trust with majority of the pop collectors. I would think it would hit their sales for sure. I might be wrong.

Same with be. I'm on the fence about it. I didn't like what happened but I also want the pop.

That whole situation sounds super shady and yes it is very disheartening, if it wasn’t one of my main lines that I collect I would have cancelled my order...
Hello I'm Victor!!

Pop count:2300

Dorbz count:110

Proto count:6

ImageImage

POPianato

Postby POPianato » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:11 am

digithor wrote:
akagalar wrote:
Funkofan21 wrote:I didnt see it at the booth either

I passed by the booth a few times, but didn't see it either.

Just made it easier for not winning a UCC lottery time. lol

So very true!
ImageImage

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:14 am

Vteck wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:
digithor wrote:

That whole situation sounds super shady and yes it is very disheartening, if it wasn’t one of my main lines that I collect I would have cancelled my order...

So the next question... Anyone got the chase from them via pre order yet?
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:24 am

Rantt wrote:
Vteck wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:Same with be. I'm on the fence about it. I didn't like what happened but I also want the pop.

So the next question... Anyone got the chase from them via pre order yet?

I've gotten it yet but I do hope you get a chase like everyone else.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

Wrudart

Postby Wrudart » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:03 am

What is this craziness, first this whole debacle over admins. Now I'm watching friends that ordered on the last 2 restocks get their shipping emails already, meanwhile i preordered withing seconds of it going live and no updates. I realize its just semantics, but I would think you would work in order of time placed. whatever, just can't wait to get my Broly!!
:beerchug:

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:40 am

digithor wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:

I canceled my pre-order. Didn't sit right with me.

Ryespops

Postby Ryespops » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:15 am

With all the sketchiness of this release I saved $40.
Find Me on Instagram.com @Ryespops
Attended: Making Fun Funko Premiere, Disneyland Funatics Day Out, Funko Fundays 2017, FDO 8 NYC, Festival of Fun 2021, Funko Fundays 2022 :compress:

userX745

Postby userX745 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:32 am

I got my shipping confirmation a few days ago and just waiting for it to arrive. I'm also hoping to get the chase.

AutumnsToyz

Postby AutumnsToyz » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:41 am

Hmm, I still haven't received my shipping confirmation :(

Hi, I'm Jimmy (Formerly CalPolyIdiot)

IG: AutumnsToyz
Twitter: AutumnsToyz
Twitch: twitch.tv/autumnstoyz
DP Wallet: AutumnToy.dp
Wax Wallet 5w3rg.wam

Total Pops: I lost count after 1000
ISO: Freddy Funko's and Disney
My collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... diot?order

ImageImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:45 am

Cool pop, just don't collect DBZ!

Batz31

Postby Batz31 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:04 am

I still haven't recieved my email confirmation. They really dropped the ball on this one.

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:27 am

userX745 wrote:I got my shipping confirmation a few days ago and just waiting for it to arrive. I'm also hoping to get the chase.

We're all hoping for that chase haha.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

FlpnGino

Postby FlpnGino » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:27 pm

ssmart619 wrote:
Vertigo813 wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:I totally agree with you. Then, they try saying that these chases are not part of the ones being sent out. Yeah, right.. it's a bunch of BS.

Exactly! Unless they are taking 5 reg versions out of circulation for every chase they given out it is no longer 1 in 6. And there is no way they are doing that. I am resigned that I won’t get a chase.

Trying to stay positive!

Positive thinking is awesome and I think it's completely possible that this explanation is correct. However, what didn't sit right with me was the lack of transparency which is why I canceled my order.

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:32 pm

FlpnGino wrote:
ssmart619 wrote:
Vertigo813 wrote:Exactly! Unless they are taking 5 reg versions out of circulation for every chase they given out it is no longer 1 in 6. And there is no way they are doing that. I am resigned that I won’t get a chase.

Trying to stay positive!

Positive thinking is awesome and I think it's completely possible that this explanation is correct. However, what didn't sit right with me was the lack of transparency which is why I canceled my order.

I agree, the lack of transparency, and the whole feeling of something not legit going on made me cancel my order and I won't be ordering from them in the future. Once a company has lost a customers trust it is hard to regain it.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

Esko5150

Postby Esko5150 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:46 pm

Finally got my shipping notification. I think everyone who gets a Broly should post in here which one they got. We can make a list and see what the ratio of chases to non-chases were for all of us.
Hello I'm ESKO!
900+ Pops, Mystery Minis, Sodas & Other Funko Products
Mayor of Angrytown

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Cmpotter
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cmpotter » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:59 pm

FlpnGino wrote:
Cmpotter wrote:
Indy Viper wrote:
Do you or anyone else know where the owner was posting this? I’m really curious to see exactly what he was saying.

Thanks!

Same, I’d like to know as well since I haven’t heard anything about it.

So, the private messages were leaked supposedly by a former moderator of the facebook group. I'd rather not repost them because I can't guarantee that they haven't been altered in any way. However, you can see the owner's statement regarding this situation here:

https://twitter.com/GalacticToyz/status ... 24896?s=20

Dang, very unfortunate situation. Their customer service has always been great but for them to do shady stuff like this is just like wtf. Still hoping I have a chance for a chase at this point :/
Image Image

AutumnsToyz

Postby AutumnsToyz » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:01 pm

Batz31 wrote:I still haven't recieved my email confirmation. They really dropped the ball on this one.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Wax Wallet 5w3rg.wam

ImageImageImage

Typale

Postby Typale » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:35 pm

AutumnsToyz wrote:
Batz31 wrote:I still haven't recieved my email confirmation. They really dropped the ball on this one.

I’m seeing some people already receiving their orders and we haven’t even gotten shipping. Wow. Damn bummer they have good exclusives.
As Brian Mariotti once said.... Go boxless, it’s more fun!

Image Image

AutumnsToyz

Postby AutumnsToyz » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:27 pm

Typale wrote:
AutumnsToyz wrote:

I’m seeing some people already receiving their orders and we haven’t even gotten shipping. Wow. Damn bummer they have good exclusives.

I know. I hate rewarding companies that offer bad customer service, however, I am a sucker for great product.

Wax Wallet 5w3rg.wam

ImageImageImage

Vertigo813

Postby Vertigo813 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:18 pm

AutumnsToyz wrote:

No shipping confirmation for me either.
Image Image

k05cube

Postby k05cube » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:37 pm

Me too no shipping confirmation yet. :(
:freddy2: Darth Maul Rules!

Funkofan21

Postby Funkofan21 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:20 pm

Shoriyuken wrote:
userX745 wrote:I got my shipping confirmation a few days ago and just waiting for it to arrive. I'm also hoping to get the chase.

We're all hoping for that chase haha.

Yes we are !!! [-o<
:freddy2:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImageImageImage

FunkoFresh253

Postby FunkoFresh253 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:28 am

anyone recieve yet? i havent had ship confirm myself...waiting very patiently...
Team Goonies! Team Pop Protectors! Team Lumberjacks!Image

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:30 am

Looks like these are starting to show up at peoples houses. Best of luck everyone with the chase :D

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:33 am

FunkoFresh253 wrote:anyone recieve yet? i havent had ship confirm myself...waiting very patiently...

People are starting to get it. And Galactic Toys did say that it might take them several weeks to get everything processed and shipped. So dont panic yet if you havent gotten it yet :D

k05cube

Postby k05cube » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:40 am

moneyhelpspk wrote:
FunkoFresh253 wrote:anyone recieve yet? i havent had ship confirm myself...waiting very patiently...

People are starting to get it. And Galactic Toys did say that it might take them several weeks to get everything processed and shipped. So dont panic yet if you havent gotten it yet :D

Yeah waiting patiently \:D/
:freddy2: Darth Maul Rules!

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:19 am

Shoriyuken wrote:
digithor wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:There's already a backlash out there. They've lost trust with majority of the pop collectors. I would think it would hit their sales for sure. I might be wrong.

I agree with you there, same train of thought for me.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:22 am

Fugly16 wrote:
digithor wrote:

It is an unfortunate situation and going to leave a bad taste with a lot of collectors.
ImageImageImageImage

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:01 am

digithor wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:
digithor wrote:

It is an unfortunate situation and going to leave a bad taste with a lot of collectors.

It definitely did and loss of trust towards Galactic. I'm not even going to go any of their mystery boxes because I'm sure it's probably rigged somehow.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:03 am

Wrudart wrote:What is this craziness, first this whole debacle over admins. Now I'm watching friends that ordered on the last 2 restocks get their shipping emails already, meanwhile i preordered withing seconds of it going live and no updates. I realize its just semantics, but I would think you would work in order of time placed. whatever, just can't wait to get my Broly!!

Haha tell me about it. I didn't even get any hint that mine is on the way and I pre ordered immediately when it became available.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

frankiestein_ii

Postby frankiestein_ii » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:55 am

Mine says shipping label created but nothing shipped so far
Addicted to Pops and Sodas <3 :freddy2:

Love me some Walking Dead and TMNT!

Xeverus86

Postby Xeverus86 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:56 am

Yup and I ordered in the first minute that it went live so annoying.
A.A. 7/18/19 :angel9:
FUNKO FUNDAYS '17
FUNKO FUNDAYS '18
FUNKO FUNDAYS '19
FUNKO HQ GRAND OPENING
MAKING FUN MOVIE PREMIERE
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
FUNKO FUNDAYS '22

Return to “Pop!”