Galactic toys 6" broly has a chase variant

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Niteowl_1

Re: Galactic toys 6" broly has a chase variant

Postby Niteowl_1 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:40 pm

I bought one hoping for a chase but realistically probably won’t get with my luck. I’ll be happy with the regular
Iso: freddy funko as doc brown regular and glow, back to the future protos,mirio hero costume (lemillion)proto, killua proto, one piece and demon slayer protos
Image Image Image Image Image Image

DFWFunkoHunter

Postby DFWFunkoHunter » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:41 pm

I got 2 in hopes of that chase. I didn't feel the price was that bad. Porunga was $25-$27 with shipping so this was a bit more but it's also not a huge store like HT. I hope all are happy when they get it and may many of y'all get a pleasant surprise!

SchoolBoyQ

Postby SchoolBoyQ » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:16 pm

I wonder if Galactic is putting up small quantities each day since that had another restock today
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Thehueys

Postby Thehueys » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:24 pm

This will be pretty close to an insta-grail. I thought It was awesome I just dont have room for another 6” rn :(
Current collection count is over 5000 unique pieces.
FDO: 2023
Fundays: 2018,2019,2021,2022, 2023
Fright Night: 2022
ECCC: 2017,2018,2019,2021
SDCC: 2018, 2019,2022,2023,2024
NYCC: 2019,2022,2023
Wondercon: 2022,2023
C2E2: 2024
FunKon: 2021
Designer Con:2019,2021,2022,2023,2024

Always looking for missing Huckleberry Hound, Freddy Funko and Disney pieces that I’m missing :)

ray1345

Postby ray1345 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:13 pm

Rantt wrote:
ray1345 wrote:good luck to you guys with the chase hunting, I decided to roll the dice with 2. I have terrible luck with these lol

Same here but at least we try! My motto.. Got try still there's a possibility... Rather then never even try n whine over it.

That is true, can't hurt to try, If it's dupe I'll probably end up giving to friend for retail.

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:39 am

Kullekter89 wrote:
Universal_ghost wrote:Broly just went live for galactic toys. It has a glow in the dark chase variant. Good luck to any dbz collector out there. I am one myself so I'm hoping for a chase lol but it's wishful thinking. I got 2. Anyone else get multiple in Hope's of a chase?

Huge dbz fan here and yes I ordered 2 as well!! If it’s still available by Friday I’ll tell my sister to order 2 more to her home and try my chances for the chase. Definitely need both variants!!

Good luck! With the 2 I got I'm hoping for that chase so I don't gotta pay anymore then what it cost lol

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:40 am

SchoolBoyQ wrote:I wonder if Galactic is putting up small quantities each day since that had another restock today

Could be cancelled orders from people trying to buy separate orders to the same household.

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:41 am

Thehueys wrote:This will be pretty close to an insta-grail. I thought It was awesome I just dont have room for another 6” rn :(

Yeah these 6" take up a lot of room. I always make sure to leave a spot open for dbz stuff.

SchoolBoyQ

Postby SchoolBoyQ » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:43 am

Universal_ghost wrote:
SchoolBoyQ wrote:I wonder if Galactic is putting up small quantities each day since that had another restock today

Could be cancelled orders from people trying to buy separate orders to the same household.

Dunno about that. Another 3K qty just restocked :-k
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:43 am

Mags wrote:
aphotic wrote:Looking like there are a lot of these going out for preorder. I think the Chase cost in aftermarket won't be horrendous. Just let it cool off first.

100% this. Prices will soar at first but then drop and stabilize at a much more reasonable price.

Most exclusive chases end up around 50-60 so I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up around that.

Kaosu

Postby Kaosu » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:28 am

I bought two hoping for a chase but with my luck I’ll have to be buying the chase Broly in the after market.
Hello!! My name is Jonathan
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:08 am

Universal_ghost wrote:
Mags wrote:
aphotic wrote:Looking like there are a lot of these going out for preorder. I think the Chase cost in aftermarket won't be horrendous. Just let it cool off first.

100% this. Prices will soar at first but then drop and stabilize at a much more reasonable price.

Most exclusive chases end up around 50-60 so I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up around that.

From what I see, a lot of chases (particularly exclusives) tend to end up around 3x-4x the market value of the regular counterpart. Seeing as how the non GITD figure will end up around 30, I’d say around 100 is more likely especially because of the massive popularity of DBZ.
Will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo releases Mother 3?

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:51 am

That chase is going to look insane in person, good luck everyone!
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:15 am

First chase for the DBZ line. I had hoped that there would not be any but alas...
ImageImageImage Image

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:16 pm

Thepopfamily wrote:So Glad I don’t collect or even really know
What dbz is never seen or watched it. Cause they been going heavy on this line very tuff for perfectionist like my self if I followed it. Good luck

It was easy in the beginning lol but yeah as of late it has been hard to keep up with every release of dragon ball

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:18 pm

d00dz wrote:First chase for the DBZ line. I had hoped that there would not be any but alas...

We had a good run of no chases in the DB line lol

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:25 pm

I ordered just one, so not really counting on a chase.
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:27 pm

Universal_ghost wrote:
d00dz wrote:First chase for the DBZ line. I had hoped that there would not be any but alas...

I hope this plague of chases does not infect more anime lines LOL
ImageImageImage Image

Kullekter89

Postby Kullekter89 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:40 pm

Universal_ghost wrote:
Kullekter89 wrote:
Universal_ghost wrote:Broly just went live for galactic toys. It has a glow in the dark chase variant. Good luck to any dbz collector out there. I am one myself so I'm hoping for a chase lol but it's wishful thinking. I got 2. Anyone else get multiple in Hope's of a chase?

Huge dbz fan here and yes I ordered 2 as well!! If it’s still available by Friday I’ll tell my sister to order 2 more to her home and try my chances for the chase. Definitely need both variants!!

Good luck! With the 2 I got I'm hoping for that chase so I don't gotta pay anymore then what it cost lol

Same here don’t wanna pay more but if I must then I have to! Just sucks to have to pay a ridiculous amount that doesn’t make sense to anyone but the one selling it.
:freddy3:

Here to help other fellow funatics in anyway and everyway that I can.

Main ISO
RED SKULL
WHITE RANGER (GITD)

TheResidentEvil

Postby TheResidentEvil » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:52 pm

I ordered 2 and it was $70! I doubt i will get a chase but I figured since I was gonna order one anyway, might as well try for it. Good luck to us all
I collect all things Game of Thrones and many other POP lines.

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:31 pm

ray1345 wrote:
Rantt wrote:
ray1345 wrote:good luck to you guys with the chase hunting, I decided to roll the dice with 2. I have terrible luck with these lol

Same here but at least we try! My motto.. Got try still there's a possibility... Rather then never even try n whine over it.

That is true, can't hurt to try, If it's dupe I'll probably end up giving to friend for retail.

Usually I will put one oob n one inbox... At least its an excuse to buy extra for the chance to get a chase lol
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

Rickakatuna

Postby Rickakatuna » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:59 pm

TheResidentEvil wrote:I ordered 2 and it was $70! I doubt i will get a chase but I figured since I was gonna order one anyway, might as well try for it. Good luck to us all

Same. Worst case scenario I have an extra for oob. Dbz chase is cool but will be super hard to get. Wonder what it will be up for on Ebay since that more then likely will be my only way to get
Hi Im Ricky
Im into Anime, Marvel, Dc, Disney, Fantastik Plastik, Rick & Morty, Freddy funko and Ad Icons
Pops:700+
Dorbz:30+
Been collecting since 2014
ISO: Dragon Ball Protos and my hero academia

Mags

Postby Mags » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:46 pm

Joesandwich123 wrote:
Universal_ghost wrote:
Mags wrote:100% this. Prices will soar at first but then drop and stabilize at a much more reasonable price.

From what I see, a lot of chases (particularly exclusives) tend to end up around 3x-4x the market value of the regular counterpart. Seeing as how the non GITD figure will end up around 30, I’d say around 100 is more likely especially because of the massive popularity of DBZ.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it stabilize somewhere in the $75 to $90 range. It is a six inch pop and people might not be willing to pay for the extra shipping.

weird888

Postby weird888 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:19 pm

theoneupper02 wrote:
weird888 wrote:Rolled the dice for 2 but got charged for shipping :(

How is that? Galactic Toys has free shipping on all domestic orders. You should reach out to them and check.

Sadly free domestic doesn't apply to Alaska and Hawaii. Every order I've made from them has added shipping costs.
Last edited by weird888 on Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

weird888

Postby weird888 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:21 pm

Mags wrote:
theoneupper02 wrote:
weird888 wrote:Rolled the dice for 2 but got charged for shipping :(

How is that? Galactic Toys has free shipping on all domestic orders. You should reach out to them and check.

If you have a US address but accidentally picked an expedited shipping option then you would get charged.

Free domestic doesn't apply to Alaska and Hawaii for some companies.

parrity

Postby parrity » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:23 pm

Thankfully it seems like they are doing it that way.I managed to get my order in this morning.

weird888

Postby weird888 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:27 pm

Mags wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:
Universal_ghost wrote:Most exclusive chases end up around 50-60 so I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up around that.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it stabilize somewhere in the $75 to $90 range. It is a six inch pop and people might not be willing to pay for the extra shipping.

$90 would not surprise me given the amount they seem to have for order. The regulars will probably drop to $20-25.

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:49 pm

That chase looks awesome with the glow! Good luck to those who entered.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:25 pm

d00dz wrote:
Universal_ghost wrote:

God please no lol next thing you know my hero has a chase in it. Then I'll just cry in a corner lol

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:27 pm

Kullekter89 wrote:
Universal_ghost wrote:
Kullekter89 wrote:

Same here don’t wanna pay more but if I must then I have to! Just sucks to have to pay a ridiculous amount that doesn’t make sense to anyone but the one selling it.

Yeah I feel you on that. I hate lining up some flippers pocket if that's the last resort. Maybe one of my friends will get 2 chases for whatever reason and I can get one retail lol

OriginalDuffy

Postby OriginalDuffy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:35 pm

Oh boy, here we go :mad:
Image Image
Image Image

WarHmongHer

Postby WarHmongHer » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:12 pm

Joesandwich123 wrote:Only bought one.

As much as I would like the chase, my luck isn’t very good and the price on it just super high.

I’ll likely try to trade for it later on. It’ll likely settle at around 100, seeing as how it seems like there’s plenty of stock and how international sites will be getting (and very likely restocking like they did with Shenron) the figure as well.

Very true, just because they are store exclusives they shouldn't be jacking the prices so high. And also true, just gotta be patient for the restock and over seas releases. Those always brings the prices down. Now i just gotta tell myself to be patient. lol. dayem these awesome DBZ waves. we go dry for so long and then they flood us. lol.

Tilter

Postby Tilter » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:22 pm

Ordered two on the restock. *Cross fingers* to get lucky.
ImageImageImage

Kullekter89

Postby Kullekter89 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:28 pm

Universal_ghost wrote:
Kullekter89 wrote:
Universal_ghost wrote:Good luck! With the 2 I got I'm hoping for that chase so I don't gotta pay anymore then what it cost lol

Yeah I feel you on that. I hate lining up some flippers pocket if that's the last resort. Maybe one of my friends will get 2 chases for whatever reason and I can get one retail lol

Lol same here. My friend ordered 2. She doesn’t collect dbz but said if she gets a chase it’s mine. The other would be for another mutual friend!! So that gives me a chance to order 2 for myself and try my luck for the chase there. I wish you luck
:freddy3:

Here to help other fellow funatics in anyway and everyway that I can.

Main ISO
RED SKULL
WHITE RANGER (GITD)

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:08 pm

Heck yeah nice! Good luck to you as well!

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:12 pm

Good luck everyone on a chase
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

pop-inandout-9

Postby pop-inandout-9 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:08 pm

=D> Ya i need this one bad!
DERRICK
IG: poptill_youdrop
So-cal local collecting POP memories
First Pop: Hershel(walking dead)
Team BATMAN Team AVENGERS
Team GOONIES
ISO: Freddy Lannister, Winged Monkey, Martian, Krueger, and any other Freddies!!!

Mags

Postby Mags » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:24 pm

weird888 wrote:
Mags wrote:
theoneupper02 wrote:

If you have a US address but accidentally picked an expedited shipping option then you would get charged.

Free domestic doesn't apply to Alaska and Hawaii for some companies.

That's rough.

Mags

Postby Mags » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:25 pm

Universal_ghost wrote:
d00dz wrote:
Universal_ghost wrote:We had a good run of no chases in the DB line lol

God please no lol next thing you know my hero has a chase in it. Then I'll just cry in a corner lol

Don't give them any ideas!

Supra2369

Postby Supra2369 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:59 pm

Yeah i bought two also. Id love to get both versions but either way its an awesome pop

Return to “Pop!”