Galactic toys 6" broly has a chase variant

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
rexflexall

Re: Galactic toys 6" broly has a chase variant

Postby rexflexall » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:10 am

More chases!

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:15 am

KidMarvel wrote:Not gonna lie, I just want the chase because it glows! Hope to be able to get it for a decent price!

Same here! Saw the photo of the Chase glows and its awesome!
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

Typale

Postby Typale » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:17 am

Rantt wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:Not gonna lie, I just want the chase because it glows! Hope to be able to get it for a decent price!

Yep. Same here too!
As Brian Mariotti once said.... Go boxless, it’s more fun!

Image Image

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:05 pm

Told myself if August comes I'd cancel. July 31st, close enough.

slimpicks

Postby slimpicks » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:13 pm

Pretty disheartening they are back dooring Chase's. Can they still be trusted that this is 1 out of 6. I bet when everyone gets their brolys and it's not a Chase all these thoughts are going to arise about the backdoored Chase's affected their chances. Really bad move by them to do that and then get caught about doing that
Charles aka slimpicks
instagram: Funko_slimpicks
ImageImage
Funko Fundays - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright night - 2016
Funko HQ grand opening - 2017
Funko "Making Fun - The Story of Funko" - 2018
Funko HQ Hollywood - 2019
Funkon Hollywood 2021
FDO San Diego 2023

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:37 pm

slimpicks wrote:Pretty disheartening they are back dooring Chase's. Can they still be trusted that this is 1 out of 6. I bet when everyone gets their brolys and it's not a Chase all these thoughts are going to arise about the backdoored Chase's affected their chances. Really bad move by them to do that and then get caught about doing that

And then the owner fanned the flames by saying it's his store and he can do whatever he wants with the chases. I'll bet Funko is pretty upset about his posts the past few days. I doubt this is what they had in mind when they gave this store exclusivity on their DBZ POP! with a chase. He just needs to stay quiet but it's been his own posts that are getting people fired up. Should have just let hot topic handle it.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

TheResidentEvil

Postby TheResidentEvil » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:42 pm

Really considering cancelling today after all this. I ordered 2 and if there is no chance for a chase, i dont need 2...
I collect all things Game of Thrones and many other POP lines.

FlpnGino

Postby FlpnGino » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:54 pm

Agreed. I canceled my order, not because I'm afraid I won't get a chase, but because of the lack of transparency on the part of the owner. By telling everyone else they have a "one in six" chance at a chase, that gives everyone the impression that it's random. But if you're guaranteeing certain people they will get a chase for free in private messages, when those messages get leaked, it's just not a good look. It's just not a business I want to patronize.

AutumnsToyz

Postby AutumnsToyz » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:54 pm

I'm with everyone else that this is very disheartening. Part of me really wants to cancel my order and there is a part of me that is still holding out hope that I could still land the chase.

Hi, I'm Jimmy (Formerly CalPolyIdiot)

IG: AutumnsToyz
Twitter: AutumnsToyz
Twitch: twitch.tv/autumnstoyz
DP Wallet: AutumnToy.dp
Wax Wallet 5w3rg.wam

Total Pops: I lost count after 1000
ISO: Freddy Funko's and Disney
My collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... diot?order

ImageImageImage

JediMike1128

Postby JediMike1128 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:09 pm

Ordered 2 as well, would love to score a chase. Either way it looks awesome! Looking forward to getting these soon.
Check out my podcast on Spotify! ---> https://open.spotify.com/show/6lVOYfi1X ... eVW8A&nd=1
Instagram @FilmakerMike
Fundays 2018!
May The Force Be With You! :freddy2:

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:13 pm

spidex wrote:
Rantt wrote:
Gonzo206 wrote:As long as it comes, I'll be happy haha

Me too hahhaha...but I’m been waiting for so Long already....

Is definitely Gona worth the wait...that broly itself looks amazing..

Seriously though! It's one of those ones that you forget and are throughly surprised when it arrives

Instagram: whatthefunk206

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:24 pm

FlpnGino wrote:Agreed. I canceled my order, not because I'm afraid I won't get a chase, but because of the lack of transparency on the part of the owner. By telling everyone else they have a "one in six" chance at a chase, that gives everyone the impression that it's random. But if you're guaranteeing certain people they will get a chase for free in private messages, when those messages get leaked, it's just not a good look. It's just not a business I want to patronize.

I totally agree with you. Then, they try saying that these chases are not part of the ones being sent out. Yeah, right.. it's a bunch of BS.
IG: chasingvynl
Hello my name is Ken!
Pop Count: Too much
Main Line: GOT, WD, Disney, Simpsons, DBZ/DBS, Anime, Naruto
SDCC 17, SDCC 18, SDCC 19, ECCC 18, CRX 19, SDCC 22
ISO: Anime protos

Image Image

ucmerolling117

Postby ucmerolling117 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:56 pm

Rip Dragon ball collectors kinda happy i never got into it

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:01 pm

FlpnGino wrote:Agreed. I canceled my order, not because I'm afraid I won't get a chase, but because of the lack of transparency on the part of the owner. By telling everyone else they have a "one in six" chance at a chase, that gives everyone the impression that it's random. But if you're guaranteeing certain people they will get a chase for free in private messages, when those messages get leaked, it's just not a good look. It's just not a business I want to patronize.

Omg seriously? I think I better cancel it then. Why gives us hope n yet doing dirty backend job man. Not cool!

spidex

Postby spidex » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:15 am

Rantt wrote:

Omg seriously? I think I better cancel it then. Why gives us hope n yet doing dirty backend job man. Not cool!

Wow..kinda disheartening to read and know about it that a big establishment is doing something so sneaky..guess no more business for them from me!
ImageImage
ImageImage

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wHy mE woRRy? :spiderman:
IG: www.instagram.com/spidexy

Leechinyuan

Postby Leechinyuan » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:22 am

AutumnsToyz wrote:I'm with everyone else that this is very disheartening. Part of me really wants to cancel my order and there is a part of me that is still holding out hope that I could still land the chase.

For a company like this and yet doing such things..I think its not right at all. Very likely they got their own point of view why did that but too bad this was leaked .

Pop count : 175
Yes i'm newbie :compress:

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:44 am

spidex wrote:
Rantt wrote:

Wow..kinda disheartening to read and know about it that a big establishment is doing something so sneaky..guess no more business for them from me!

I hope they really learn their lesson this time round.

Eman185

Postby Eman185 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:19 pm

AutumnsToyz wrote:I'm with everyone else that this is very disheartening. Part of me really wants to cancel my order and there is a part of me that is still holding out hope that I could still land the chase.

I hear that. I’m holding out hope for a chase but I’m not holding my breath. I doubt I’ll be ordering from them again in the future.

Neuron

Postby Neuron » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:26 pm

While i do agree that the chase is very freaking cool, the pop itself is beautiful too!
ImageImage

funkolovers92

Postby funkolovers92 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:28 pm

Still waiting for my order, hopefully I get a chase

Vertigo813

Postby Vertigo813 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:41 pm

Shoriyuken wrote:

I totally agree with you. Then, they try saying that these chases are not part of the ones being sent out. Yeah, right.. it's a bunch of BS.

Exactly! Unless they are taking 5 reg versions out of circulation for every chase they given out it is no longer 1 in 6. And there is no way they are doing that. I am resigned that I won’t get a chase.
Image Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:07 am

akagalar wrote:
Funkofan21 wrote:
POPianato wrote:
The 6" Broly was nowhere at SDCC. For sure it wasn't at UCC.

I didnt see it at the booth either

I passed by the booth a few times, but didn't see it either.

Just made it easier for not winning a UCC lottery time. lol
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:20 am

Rantt wrote:

Glow in the dark gets me every time lol
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

Fithero81

Postby Fithero81 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:32 am

I really wonder how many “collectors” will let go of their Chase Variant Broly? I know if I get one it will be part of my collection for good!

funkepops

Postby funkepops » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:54 am

I completely agree with you here. Part of me wants to cancel the order but I still remain hopeful that I get a chase.
Image Image Image

Follow me on IG: http://www.instagram.com/funkepops
ISO: Regular Tony the Tiger, OG ad icons pops

neonglow

Postby neonglow » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:25 am

My order shipped today so I'm hoping for the best.

Indy Viper

Postby Indy Viper » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:38 am

pberickp wrote:
slimpicks wrote:Pretty disheartening they are back dooring Chase's. Can they still be trusted that this is 1 out of 6. I bet when everyone gets their brolys and it's not a Chase all these thoughts are going to arise about the backdoored Chase's affected their chances. Really bad move by them to do that and then get caught about doing that

And then the owner fanned the flames by saying it's his store and he can do whatever he wants with the chases. I'll bet Funko is pretty upset about his posts the past few days. I doubt this is what they had in mind when they gave this store exclusivity on their DBZ POP! with a chase. He just needs to stay quiet but it's been his own posts that are getting people fired up. Should have just let hot topic handle it.

Do you or anyone else know where the owner was posting this? I’m really curious to see exactly what he was saying.

Thanks!
ImageImage

Cmpotter
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cmpotter » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:17 am

Indy Viper wrote:
pberickp wrote:

Do you or anyone else know where the owner was posting this? I’m really curious to see exactly what he was saying.

Thanks!

Same, I’d like to know as well since I haven’t heard anything about it.
Image Image

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:17 am

Wow. Pretty shady!

It’s a great pop! And I saw the glow it was awesome but jf Jr was handled by such a company, I would rather boycott them. Such back dooring only shows they are very profit oriented and also lying to their customers.

Boooo *Thumbs down!
ImageImageImageImage

FlpnGino

Postby FlpnGino » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:29 pm

Cmpotter wrote:
Indy Viper wrote:
pberickp wrote:

Thanks!

So, the private messages were leaked supposedly by a former moderator of the facebook group. I'd rather not repost them because I can't guarantee that they haven't been altered in any way. However, you can see the owner's statement regarding this situation here:

https://twitter.com/GalacticToyz/status ... 24896?s=20

Funkofan21

Postby Funkofan21 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:56 pm

Fithero81 wrote:I really wonder how many “collectors” will let go of their Chase Variant Broly? I know if I get one it will be part of my collection for good!

I wouldnt be able to part with it. It's a piece that would go on my shelf for sure
:freddy2:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImageImageImage

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:38 pm

kelvinwong wrote:Wow. Pretty shady!

It’s a great pop! And I saw the glow it was awesome but jf Jr was handled by such a company, I would rather boycott them. Such back dooring only shows they are very profit oriented and also lying to their customers.

Boooo *Thumbs down!

I totally agree that this release totally messed up. I still have my preorder but not to happy that it’s not a true 1:6 chance.
Hi!!! My name is Noah. Pop collector since 2016.
ImageImageImage

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:48 pm

Despite some assurances I still feel irked that the owner decided to "reserve chases" for some people. I only ordered 1 and I am already trying to convince myself to accept it won't be a chase.
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

caliwolv

Postby caliwolv » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:40 pm

I'm staying out of the drama, really I hope I get a chase in my order, but if not it's still an awesome pop!
Pop Count: 1023
Dorbz: 93
Rock Candy: 1 (Sorry Enchantress)

FunkoFresh253

Postby FunkoFresh253 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:59 pm

FlpnGino wrote:
Cmpotter wrote:
Indy Viper wrote:

Thanks!

So, the private messages were leaked supposedly by a former moderator of the facebook group. I'd rather not repost them because I can't guarantee that they haven't been altered in any way. However, you can see the owner's statement regarding this situation here:

https://twitter.com/GalacticToyz/status ... 24896?s=20

ive heard folks close to them say similar things. thats unfortunate, hopefully i get mine atleast haha
Team Goonies! Team Pop Protectors! Team Lumberjacks!Image

JasonC

Postby JasonC » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:02 am

Can't go wrong and trying your luck with two for a chase! The pops just keep looking better and better

MonkeyT

Postby MonkeyT » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:18 am

Ordered 2, I guess that is max. Pretty pricey, one of each would be fantastic!
:freddy3:

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:34 pm

Vertigo813 wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:

Exactly! Unless they are taking 5 reg versions out of circulation for every chase they given out it is no longer 1 in 6. And there is no way they are doing that. I am resigned that I won’t get a chase.

I think that was the point with that which totally screws up the chase ratios but oh well.
IG: chasingvynl
Hello my name is Ken!
Pop Count: Too much
Main Line: GOT, WD, Disney, Simpsons, DBZ/DBS, Anime, Naruto
SDCC 17, SDCC 18, SDCC 19, ECCC 18, CRX 19, SDCC 22
ISO: Anime protos

Image Image

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:39 pm

I’m also curiously awaiting to see what happens with this as I too ordered 2 with the hopes of scoring a chase.
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

ssmart619

Postby ssmart619 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:11 pm

Vertigo813 wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:

From the way the message read for me atleast, that is what it sounds like is happening. So how many admins are there on that group? 10? 20? It does not sound too far fetched that they could separate out 60, 120, or even 180 boxes to bring strictly to conventions and then the chase brolys found in those specific boxes be sent to admins. Doesnt that still offer a 1 and 6 for the remaining boxes alotted to preorders?

Trying to stay positive!

Return to “Pop!”