2019 SDCC Funimation Exclusive Pop guesses?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
nightbodega

Re: 2019 SDCC Funimation Exclusive Pop guesses?

Postby nightbodega » Mon May 13, 2019 8:21 pm

Mags wrote:
d3postman wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:No worse than the Nickelodeon booth the year before last where I literally had to help a guy (who was nearly trampled) put his prosthetic leg back on...that year it was Glow in the Dark Baxter...no worse than the mad dash to Funko before the lotteries, etc. Let's not talk about the rush to the Mezco booth, etc etc etc...all this stuff happens at SDCC whether it's a Funko piece or not. I don't disagree it's a madhouse but this is not unique to people hunting pops...

Absolutely right. It is not just a Funko thing. It can be a SDCC thing. I've seen some crazy stuff at the Marvel booth, heck...even the Hallmark booth on Preview Night.

It's not a Funko thing, or a Funimation thing. It's a "people refusing to act like adults because all they see are dollar signs" thing.

Very true. I had a guy asking each person in line what they were getting. Then he offered to buy your Whis at $40.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Mon May 13, 2019 8:24 pm

brooklyn_geek wrote:
d3postman wrote:
GusGus wrote:Saying that the booth was pretty bad last year was an understatement. I tried and tried to get over there to help out a friend, but they kept being closed, then they changed the policy, then I almost got trampled, and then there ended up being fake tickets. It was the Wild West over there!!!

It was a dangerous place to be. The fire marshal ended up closing them down at one point because of the crowd and fighting. It was terrible....

No worse than the Nickelodeon booth the year before last where I literally had to help a guy (who was nearly trampled) put his prosthetic leg back on...that year it was Glow in the Dark Baxter...no worse than the mad dash to Funko before the lotteries, etc. Let's not talk about the rush to the Mezco booth, etc etc etc...all this stuff happens at SDCC whether it's a Funko piece or not. I don't disagree it's a madhouse but this is not unique to people hunting pops...

Wow. I applaud you for helping the person with the prosthetic leg. I probably would have stopped too. I stopped dashing towards places. Most of the time, I get in there ahead of a lot of people and the lines are capped already.

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Mon May 13, 2019 8:40 pm

nightbodega wrote:
Mario Wario wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:Haha true. Maybe they will do lottery this year
While I am not a fan of lotteries, I think it would be best for this booth. Last year was a total mess/crazy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they give out tickets at one point? I thought I remember someone saying they had a ticket and could get in the booth a lot easier.

They gave out tickets when they shut down the booth. But that was the only tickets that I know of.
Image Image

Serlent

Postby Serlent » Mon May 13, 2019 9:06 pm

not a guess but hoping for One piece Zoro
Image Image

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Mon May 13, 2019 9:08 pm

BestDadEver wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Mario Wario wrote:While I am not a fan of lotteries, I think it would be best for this booth. Last year was a total mess/crazy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they give out tickets at one point? I thought I remember someone saying they had a ticket and could get in the booth a lot easier.

They gave out tickets when they shut down the booth. But that was the only tickets that I know of.

I remember someone saying they went to sails, but I don't recall if it was in the morning or the day before, just prior to the con closing.

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Mon May 13, 2019 9:33 pm

nightbodega wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

I remember someone saying they went to sails, but I don't recall if it was in the morning or the day before, just prior to the con closing.

Had to be due to the closing b cause this one wasn’t lotto
Image Image

jenjen

Postby jenjen » Mon May 13, 2019 11:14 pm

As long as I’m able to get one, that’s the important part.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Mon May 13, 2019 11:55 pm

BestDadEver wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:They gave out tickets when they shut down the booth. But that was the only tickets that I know of.

Had to be due to the closing b cause this one wasn’t lotto

Maybe.

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Tue May 14, 2019 12:27 am

I’m correct manny!! Haha
Image Image

WarHmongHer

Postby WarHmongHer » Wed May 15, 2019 3:58 am

funkoaddict831 wrote:
Xeverus86 wrote:
funkoaddict831 wrote:With a little over 2 months away from San Diego Comic Con I've noticed Funimations line getting bigger and bigger every year. That being said, what's your guess on their exclusive this year?

Seeing the 7 foot silver All Might at Dallas Fan Expo makes me believe that could be their exclusive this year; a chrome pop of All Might.

What do you guys think?

I hope so, and is it too much to ask for a black chrome All For One pop [-o<

Broooo YES! wish we had more villain pops of MHA!

This would be hella dope! And yes please on making more characters and less variants. Please and thank you.

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Wed May 15, 2019 12:16 pm

nightbodega wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:
d3postman wrote:
It was a dangerous place to be. The fire marshal ended up closing them down at one point because of the crowd and fighting. It was terrible....

No worse than the Nickelodeon booth the year before last where I literally had to help a guy (who was nearly trampled) put his prosthetic leg back on...that year it was Glow in the Dark Baxter...no worse than the mad dash to Funko before the lotteries, etc. Let's not talk about the rush to the Mezco booth, etc etc etc...all this stuff happens at SDCC whether it's a Funko piece or not. I don't disagree it's a madhouse but this is not unique to people hunting pops...

Wow. I applaud you for helping the person with the prosthetic leg. I probably would have stopped too. I stopped dashing towards places. Most of the time, I get in there ahead of a lot of people and the lines are capped already.

The funny thing is I thought my chances of getting the exclusive were dead because I stopped but turns out security saw the whole thing go down and actually placed he and I at the front of the line because of the fact that he'd been knocked down and I stopped...so sometimes it pays to do the right thing and help someone. The other ironic thing is the following year (last year) those same security guards were working the Funimation booth & remembered me for helping the guy. I didn't have to wait in line for Funimation last year :)

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Wed May 15, 2019 12:21 pm

moneyhelpspk wrote:Will probably be something related to My Hero or Dragon Ball.

That would be my guess as well.
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Wed May 15, 2019 3:11 pm

brooklyn_geek wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:No worse than the Nickelodeon booth the year before last where I literally had to help a guy (who was nearly trampled) put his prosthetic leg back on...that year it was Glow in the Dark Baxter...no worse than the mad dash to Funko before the lotteries, etc. Let's not talk about the rush to the Mezco booth, etc etc etc...all this stuff happens at SDCC whether it's a Funko piece or not. I don't disagree it's a madhouse but this is not unique to people hunting pops...

The funny thing is I thought my chances of getting the exclusive were dead because I stopped but turns out security saw the whole thing go down and actually placed he and I at the front of the line because of the fact that he'd been knocked down and I stopped...so sometimes it pays to do the right thing and help someone. The other ironic thing is the following year (last year) those same security guards were working the Funimation booth & remembered me for helping the guy. I didn't have to wait in line for Funimation last year :)

That was so cool of them. Glad they saw that and helped you and the other guy out! People should help out others more often. I applaud you again for stopping and helping him.

ThePoppler710

Postby ThePoppler710 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:17 am

Karma goes a long way in this crazy collecting world we live in
:freddy2:
Stay On The Good Vibes!!!

ISO Right Now: The OG Toy Story Line, Mr. Krabs, The Hobbit, and Benson from The Regular Show (will get crazier as years pass)
Current Top 3:Leonardo SpongeBob & Shredder Plankton 2014 SDCC, Fry and Leela 2015 NYCC, Freddy Funko Pennywise
Current Goal: Make it to my first Funko Fundays!

hawkman2

Postby hawkman2 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:04 am

:-k I'm guessing it'll be a lottery this year, or only bought online and pick up at the show?

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu May 16, 2019 8:28 am

WarHmongHer wrote:
funkoaddict831 wrote:
Xeverus86 wrote:I hope so, and is it too much to ask for a black chrome All For One pop [-o<

This would be hella dope! And yes please on making more characters and less variants. Please and thank you.

Tbh itd be dope to see a all might chrome come from funimation but i dont necessarily want to see it become the con exclusive pursay. If rather another MHA variant or DBZ variant for funimations con exclusive.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Xeverus86

Postby Xeverus86 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:32 am

PopPChulo wrote:
WarHmongHer wrote:
funkoaddict831 wrote:

Tbh itd be dope to see a all might chrome come from funimation but i dont necessarily want to see it become the con exclusive pursay. If rather another MHA variant or DBZ variant for funimations con exclusive.

As soon as they announce it I'm opening my wallet bro haha
A.A. 7/18/19 :angel9:
FUNKO FUNDAYS '17
FUNKO FUNDAYS '18
FUNKO FUNDAYS '19
FUNKO HQ GRAND OPENING
MAKING FUN MOVIE PREMIERE
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
FUNKO FUNDAYS '22

comic book guy

Postby comic book guy » Fri May 17, 2019 3:49 am

hawkman2 wrote::-k I'm guessing it'll be a lottery this year, or only bought online and pick up at the show?

Yeah both of those sound like solid options. Anything is better than that craziness last year...

Eventually I ended up getting a WHIS pop (on Sunday) but before that and in my foolishness/desire to get one I bought a "fake" ticket from somebody. I guess at one point they distributed little paper tickets to come back and purchase the pop later and they ended up being heavily faked.
:king: Mike

hawkman2

Postby hawkman2 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:02 am

comic book guy wrote:
hawkman2 wrote::-k I'm guessing it'll be a lottery this year, or only bought online and pick up at the show?

Yeah both of those sound like solid options. Anything is better than that craziness last year...

Eventually I ended up getting a WHIS pop (on Sunday) but before that and in my foolishness/desire to get one I bought a "fake" ticket from somebody. I guess at one point they distributed little paper tickets to come back and purchase the pop later and they ended up being heavily faked.

Sort of the same thing happened to me, I went thru the sails pavilion got my ticket and noticed a person was signing them, and mine wasn't signed so I asked and she accused me of cheating and I said I was just in line and asked if they were all signed, she finally signed but it was a headache and I followed directions, guess they kept changing the ways they were marking them each day.

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:00 am

comic book guy wrote:

If they do a lottery, I’d like it if they could give an option to those who don’t win the lottery a chance to get the pop while at the convention. Perhaps make the lottery for all days except for Sunday. It sucks enough that not everyone can win the lottery, but it sucks more knowing that they’ll likely have a lot of leftover stock that non-lottery winners can buy.

Plus I’d rather not go through another online sale again
Will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo releases Mother 3?

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Fri May 17, 2019 5:10 am

It’s probably going to be something silver or chrome since it’s Funimation’s 25th anniversary. Probably a silver chrome Vegeta lol
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Fri May 17, 2019 7:55 am

I think it is going to be something from MHA.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri May 17, 2019 10:40 am

Xeverus86 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
WarHmongHer wrote:

Me and you both. Take my money. Lol mha and dbz i holds no bars for. Instant cop. No debating.
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

ThePoppler710

Postby ThePoppler710 » Sat May 18, 2019 1:35 pm

rontonsoup wrote:It’s probably going to be something silver or chrome since it’s Funimation’s 25th anniversary. Probably a silver chrome Vegeta lol

Anything Funimation really will sell, add some chrome!!! :eek:

ISO Right Now: The OG Toy Story Line, Mr. Krabs, The Hobbit, and Benson from The Regular Show (will get crazier as years pass)
Current Top 3:Leonardo SpongeBob & Shredder Plankton 2014 SDCC, Fry and Leela 2015 NYCC, Freddy Funko Pennywise

ThePoppler710

Postby ThePoppler710 » Sat May 18, 2019 1:36 pm

rontonsoup wrote:It’s probably going to be something silver or chrome since it’s Funimation’s 25th anniversary. Probably a silver chrome Vegeta lol

Hawkeye_13

Postby Hawkeye_13 » Sat May 18, 2019 1:46 pm

Definitely something silver

Xeverus86

Postby Xeverus86 » Sun May 19, 2019 3:46 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Xeverus86 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:Tbh itd be dope to see a all might chrome come from funimation but i dont necessarily want to see it become the con exclusive pursay. If rather another MHA variant or DBZ variant for funimations con exclusive.

Me and you both. Take my money. Lol mha and dbz i holds no bars for. Instant cop. No debating.

That chrome all might better be there [-o<
FUNKO FUNDAYS '17
FUNKO FUNDAYS '18
FUNKO FUNDAYS '19
FUNKO HQ GRAND OPENING
FUNKO FUNDAYS '22

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Mon May 20, 2019 2:05 pm

I'm pretty sure the chrome all might will be one of them for sure. They wouldn't drop all that cash for the big one if they were not going to have it displayed proudly during SDCC. My guess is the All Might silver chrome will be a LE con exclusive.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

MyFriendKevin

Postby MyFriendKevin » Tue May 21, 2019 10:43 pm

Getting metallic Whis last year was a hassle but if you put in the time and waited you were guarenteed one. But I would love to see another Frieza pop! chrome or any way!
:freddy2:
What a nice boat. Do you want it back?

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Wed May 22, 2019 1:01 am

ThePoppler710 wrote:

Let’s just hope they figured out how they’ll do their line. It would be nice if they got a bigger space to make a bigger line if they don’t do a lottery.

mariog1497

Postby mariog1497 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:46 am

pberickp wrote:I'm pretty sure the chrome all might will be one of them for sure. They wouldn't drop all that cash for the big one if they were not going to have it displayed proudly during SDCC. My guess is the All Might silver chrome will be a LE con exclusive.

That's what I'm thinking too, in a way it kinda seems like they were hinting that All Might is the next chrome variant since it was the only statue they had there.
Hey, I'm Mario! | Collector since 2015 | IG: @CoppedEmAll

Xeverus86

Postby Xeverus86 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:58 am

mariog1497 wrote:
pberickp wrote:I'm pretty sure the chrome all might will be one of them for sure. They wouldn't drop all that cash for the big one if they were not going to have it displayed proudly during SDCC. My guess is the All Might silver chrome will be a LE con exclusive.

That's what I'm thinking too, in a way it kinda seems like they were hinting that All Might is the next chrome variant since it was the only statue they had there.

Absolutely and I can't wait :cheers:
FUNKO FUNDAYS '17
FUNKO FUNDAYS '18
FUNKO FUNDAYS '19
FUNKO HQ GRAND OPENING
FUNKO FUNDAYS '22

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed May 22, 2019 8:24 am

rontonsoup wrote:
ThePoppler710 wrote:

Let’s just hope they figured out how they’ll do their line. It would be nice if they got a bigger space to make a bigger line if they don’t do a lottery.

Lottery is the only way to go for funimation
PopPChulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed May 22, 2019 8:25 am

rontonsoup wrote:
ThePoppler710 wrote:

PopPChulo

Xenomorph

Postby Xenomorph » Wed May 22, 2019 8:27 am

Xeverus86 wrote:
mariog1497 wrote:

I kinda hope it's MHA so I don't have to bother with Funimation. Last year was such a disaster it would be nice to skip it all entirely.

FlinksPoppinPics

Postby FlinksPoppinPics » Wed May 22, 2019 8:30 am

I'm thinking a 6" Chrome Red Vegeta.

Jonathan (Jenkins) | IG: @FlinksPoppinPics
Make life one long weekend!
#FunkoFamily since 2015

Kaosu

Postby Kaosu » Wed May 22, 2019 8:31 am

Xenomorph wrote:
Xeverus86 wrote:
mariog1497 wrote:

I kinda hope it's MHA so I don't have to bother with Funimation. Last year was such a disaster it would be nice to skip it all entirely.

I collect MHA so Hopefully they have some type of system so it’s not crazy like last year.
Hello!! My name is Jonathan
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Xenomorph

Postby Xenomorph » Wed May 22, 2019 8:34 am

Kaosu wrote:
Xenomorph wrote:
Xeverus86 wrote:Absolutely and I can't wait :cheers:

I collect MHA so Hopefully they have some type of system so it’s not crazy like last year.

I'm sure with them shutting the booth down they'll move to a lottery like everything else.

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Wed May 22, 2019 3:37 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:
ThePoppler710 wrote:

I like the lottery because you don’t have to camp out but I also don’t like the lottery because it gives you 0 percent chance to get in if you lose the lottery.

Batcavehero24

Postby Batcavehero24 » Wed May 22, 2019 4:10 pm

Think it's going to be MHA, but not sure which pop.
:SW7a:

MAKING FUN PREMIERE
FDO8
SDCC 06-07 15-23
FUNDAYS 18-19-22
FUNKON 21
WONDERCON 23

Return to “Pop!”