2019 SDCC Funimation Exclusive Pop guesses?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
PopPChulo

Re: 2019 SDCC Funimation Exclusive Pop guesses?

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:37 am

stayf3d wrote:
GusGus wrote:^^I really think it’ll be a SDCC lottery item this year honestly!

Hopefully, last year was a mess.

I didnt attend last year but the tale of the funimation booth traveled throughout the funko world like crazy. Im assuming they may have a figpin exclusive too given their recent activity. Hopefully they have added funimation to the lottery system after having a year to prepare
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Mantheharp00n

Postby Mantheharp00n » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:53 pm

Something I’ll never be able to get.

My name is G.

ISO: my first proto.

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:09 pm

I think it will be something that has to deal with Dragon Ball Z.

Mantheharp00n

Postby Mantheharp00n » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:28 pm

Funko_boy13 wrote:I think it will be something that has to deal with Dragon Ball Z.

Yeah figured that as well.

My name is G.

ISO: my first proto.

Vegas_Bill

Postby Vegas_Bill » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:20 am

Some sort of MHA pop

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:49 am

Whatever it is, I hope it's something I can get!

Instagram: whatthefunk206

nyraza

Postby nyraza » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:42 pm

Ginyu Force would be great, but the demand would be ridiculous!

Xeverus86

Postby Xeverus86 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:01 pm

nyraza wrote:Ginyu Force would be great, but the demand would be ridiculous!

Yup I have to have every single DBZ pop so I'm down for a full set
A.A. 7/18/19 :angel9:
FUNKO FUNDAYS '17
FUNKO FUNDAYS '18
FUNKO FUNDAYS '19
FUNKO HQ GRAND OPENING
MAKING FUN MOVIE PREMIERE
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
FUNKO FUNDAYS '22

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:02 am

nyraza wrote:Ginyu Force would be great, but the demand would be ridiculous!

Lol thatd be the highest selling 5 pack in history.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Markn12

Postby Markn12 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:09 pm

Toys R Us Kid wrote:The rest of the Kool-Aid colors! The wobblers were con sclusie too. So maybe they’ll do the same with Kool-Aid.

Kinda like the sour patch kids when the green one was an ECCC sclusie shortly after the commons dropped.

Color variants of Koolaid guy seem likely. Good point.

Vader92

Postby Vader92 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:04 pm

would not be surprised if they only have one exclusive, which would be chrome all might.
IG https://www.instagram.com/popthat818/
Pop count: 202
ISO: overwatch prototypes
OOB Sith pop collector

Joser777

Postby Joser777 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:27 pm

yeah i wouldnt be surprised if they had the chrome all might
iso: anime protos, scott pilgrim protos, spiderman protos

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:03 am

I'd be a little disappointed if it was another chrome, but I wouldn't be very surprised at the same time.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

nyraza

Postby nyraza » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:04 am

Surprised that con basically starts preview tomorrow and we havent heard anything regarding Funimation... Maybe a last-minute announcement today, would make sense considering Funimation does stuff like that all the time. Would be shocked if they left SDCC without anything, itd be like NYCC

EDIT : FUNimation isnt bringing any exclusives to SDCC this year apparently., will have stuff you can get on their website in person. Sorry SDCC goers, youll feel our pain this year. NYCC never got anything from them :( . Personally kinda happy,Kamikaze Ghost is enough for SDCC

AutumnsToyz

Postby AutumnsToyz » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:17 am

nyraza wrote:Surprised that con basically starts preview tomorrow and we havent heard anything regarding Funimation... Maybe a last-minute announcement today, would make sense considering Funimation does stuff like that all the time. Would be shocked if they left SDCC without anything, itd be like NYCC

EDIT : FUNimation isnt bringing any exclusives to SDCC this year apparently., will have stuff you can get on their website in person. Sorry SDCC goers, youll feel our pain this year. NYCC never got anything from them :( . Personally kinda happy,Kamikaze Ghost is enough for SDCC

I'm not that surprised since they got into so much trouble last year and had to shut their booth down on Thursday. Correct me if I am wrong, but in the past, the DBZ pop at the Funko booth were the chrome Toy Tokyo pops and this year they have two.

Hi, I'm Jimmy (Formerly CalPolyIdiot)

IG: AutumnsToyz
Twitter: AutumnsToyz
Twitch: twitch.tv/autumnstoyz
DP Wallet: AutumnToy.dp
Wax Wallet 5w3rg.wam

Total Pops: I lost count after 1000
ISO: Freddy Funko's and Disney
My collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... diot?order

ImageImageImage

nyraza

Postby nyraza » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:19 pm

AutumnsToyz wrote:
nyraza wrote:Surprised that con basically starts preview tomorrow and we havent heard anything regarding Funimation... Maybe a last-minute announcement today, would make sense considering Funimation does stuff like that all the time. Would be shocked if they left SDCC without anything, itd be like NYCC

I'm not that surprised since they got into so much trouble last year and had to shut their booth down on Thursday. Correct me if I am wrong, but in the past, the DBZ pop at the Funko booth were the chrome Toy Tokyo pops and this year they have two.

Yeah, Funko has always carried a DBZ pop, but Funimation has gotten an exclusive past 4 years. They had Metallic Whis, Masked Ochacho(MHA), Metallic Beerus, and Golden Frieza (red eyes). First time they wont be getting something

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:36 pm

nyraza wrote:
AutumnsToyz wrote:

Yeah, Funko has always carried a DBZ pop, but Funimation has gotten an exclusive past 4 years. They had Metallic Whis, Masked Ochacho(MHA), Metallic Beerus, and Golden Frieza (red eyes). First time they wont be getting something

chiming in, hope you don't mind-- if I recall correctly; Masked Ochacho(MHA) was a surprise release and Red Eye Frieza was as well, since people thought it was an error...

I may be wrong, but just trying to recall ...
Collecting since 2010

..I like to take photos of anything...

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funko Hollywood's Sid and Marty Krofft
Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

Instagram: Euphoria Imaging

islander671

Postby islander671 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:42 pm

Someone please tell me I am wrong, I heard some rumblings on this forum, that they heard that Funimation was banned from having a Funko Exlcusive this year due to last years chaos. Once again I read this from another member on here who was discussing the mess that occurred last year. I am still hoping that Funimation does indeed have a Funko exclusive for sdcc2019
ImageImage

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:51 pm

islander671 wrote:Someone please tell me I am wrong, I heard some rumblings on this forum, that they heard that Funimation was banned from having a Funko Exlcusive this year due to last years chaos. Once again I read this from another member on here who was discussing the mess that occurred last year. I am still hoping that Funimation does indeed have a Funko exclusive for sdcc2019

Forgot about that fiasco... :D
Collecting since 2010

Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

AutumnsToyz

Postby AutumnsToyz » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:04 pm

x3r0 wrote:
islander671 wrote:Someone please tell me I am wrong, I heard some rumblings on this forum, that they heard that Funimation was banned from having a Funko Exlcusive this year due to last years chaos. Once again I read this from another member on here who was discussing the mess that occurred last year. I am still hoping that Funimation does indeed have a Funko exclusive for sdcc2019

Yeah that was a mess. The previous two years, you could walk up and wait less than 5 minutes for Metallic Beerus and masked Ochaco

Hi, I'm Jimmy (Formerly CalPolyIdiot)

IG: AutumnsToyz
Twitter: AutumnsToyz
Twitch: twitch.tv/autumnstoyz
DP Wallet: AutumnToy.dp
Wax Wallet 5w3rg.wam

Total Pops: I lost count after 1000
ISO: Freddy Funko's and Disney
My collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... diot?order

ImageImageImage

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:12 pm

AutumnsToyz wrote:
x3r0 wrote:

Yeah that was a mess. The previous two years, you could walk up and wait less than 5 minutes for Metallic Beerus and masked Ochaco

this is true and plus-- Dragon Ball Z and MHA wasn't so heavily influenced and Popular .. I mean yeah DBZ was Popular, but not as Popular... especially with MHA.
Collecting since 2010

Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

philipali

Postby philipali » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:20 pm

hoping for the same.. but this was a mess last year
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

LakerSpartan117

Postby LakerSpartan117 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:54 pm

I originally popped this question in the SDCC19 thread, and I got that response that you are referring to. I'm not sure if it was from a confirmed source, but they sounded very sure this is the reason. I wouldn't disbelieve that either. It's entirely probable due to the horrific handling of Metallic Whis last year. I'll never blame the booth employees because they can only do so much to make things organized, but you can only blame the hype of things.
ImageImageImageImageImage

hawkman2

Postby hawkman2 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:02 pm

:-k Yep it was all the ^@$^$^^ who pre sold them on ebay then realized it was only 1 per person, after announcing it was 3 per person, I'm guessing?

Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:18 pm

LakerSpartan117 wrote:

I originally popped this question in the SDCC19 thread, and I got that response that you are referring to. I'm not sure if it was from a confirmed source, but they sounded very sure this is the reason. I wouldn't disbelieve that either. It's entirely probable due to the horrific handling of Metallic Whis last year. I'll never blame the booth employees because they can only do so much to make things organized, but you can only blame the hype of things.

I would guess that they just decided not to do it this year. No way SDCC would outright ban Funimation from having an exclusive without a caveat to that. It would be a stipulation, such as "If you want to do an exclusive this year, you have to be a part of the lottery process. And if you don't do the lottery, you won't be able to have an exclusive."

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:33 pm

beginning to wonder if..

well... Chalice is the new Funko Funimation distributor for exclusives or what? just a thought..
Collecting since 2010

Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:16 pm

After what happen last year on how they ran their booth I’m avoiding Funimation all together this year. It was so frustrating to be there and that close and come up empty handed after spending so much time going around and around in circles trying to get in their line.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:17 pm

lavery01 wrote:After what happen last year on how they ran their booth I’m avoiding Funimation all together this year. It was so frustrating to be there and that close and come up empty handed after spending so much time going around and around in circles trying to get in their line.

I can't say that I blame you after hearing what happened last year.

Panda

Postby Panda » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:02 pm

so no sdcc exclusives this year guess they got tired doing crowd control

TheResidentEvil

Postby TheResidentEvil » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:50 pm

was awful last year. I have gone last 3 years and the first 2 years were fine. on Sunday for masked ochaco, they upped the limit to 6 since they had so many. this last year the booth was awful. I hadn't missed a funimation exclusive pop once but they had to close their booth down and I eventually gave up
I collect all things Game of Thrones and many other POP lines.

geraldlol

Postby geraldlol » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:07 pm

lavery01 wrote:After what happen last year on how they ran their booth I’m avoiding Funimation all together this year. It was so frustrating to be there and that close and come up empty handed after spending so much time going around and around in circles trying to get in their line.

Yeah that was a mess. Luckily the person doing the line control was nice on Sunday. As long as you made eye contact and did your rounds around the booth (I did like 15) she let you in. The guy controlling it on Wednesday, wasn't so nice.
Fundays: 2016 - Team Deadpool
San Diego Comic Con: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Funatics Day Out: 2018 - Las Vegas

ISO: Metallic Chase Flash ✔

jadekitten

Postby jadekitten » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:06 pm

Panda wrote:so no sdcc exclusives this year guess they got tired doing crowd control

I'm pretty glad they didn't get an exclusive this year after the Whis fiasco. I think they're focusing more on their 25th anniversary chrome exclusives instead.

POPianato

Postby POPianato » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:13 pm

I don't know what was different between their booth and Bait or Blizzard. It was a disaster, yes... but that was more on the crowd not listening more than it was them, trying to keep the line managed.
ImageImage

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:46 pm

I'm thinking they will not have one. It would've helped if people kept their cool and took direction and attempted to work with the vendor.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

SchoolBoyQ

Postby SchoolBoyQ » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:40 pm

If there were something, it would've been announced already. Safe to say they will be bringing both chrome Ken and Vegeta to the show though?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mags

Postby Mags » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:43 pm

SchoolBoyQ wrote:If there were something, it would've been announced already. Safe to say they will be bringing both chrome Ken and Vegeta to the show though?

Yes to both points.

nyraza

Postby nyraza » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:39 am

x3r0 wrote:
nyraza wrote:
AutumnsToyz wrote:

chiming in, hope you don't mind-- if I recall correctly; Masked Ochacho(MHA) was a surprise release and Red Eye Frieza was as well, since people thought it was an error...

They werent surprise. I had asked a friend to grab me Red Eye Frieza in advance. Masked Ochaco I went myself when I was in SD. Masked Ochaco was great. Walked up, asked for them, and paid. No line, nothing. Ppl wanna start acting like animals and it gets outta control. Guess the result is FUNimation not bringing anything

Sepharite

Postby Sepharite » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:16 pm

nyraza wrote:
x3r0 wrote:
nyraza wrote:

They werent surprise. I had asked a friend to grab me Red Eye Frieza in advance. Masked Ochaco I went myself when I was in SD. Masked Ochaco was great. Walked up, asked for them, and paid. No line, nothing. Ppl wanna start acting like animals and it gets outta control. Guess the result is FUNimation not bringing anything

Reminds me about stories in the past where buyers could walk right up to the funko booth.
ImageImageImage

24deagosto

Postby 24deagosto » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:11 pm

i hope there is no surprise pop idk if my wallet can handle it lol
Funko Fanstic :freddy2:

Dahrayyal

Postby Dahrayyal » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:15 pm

24deagosto wrote:i hope there is no surprise pop idk if my wallet can handle it lol

I also hope they don't lol
Follow on Instagram!
https://instagram.com/dahrayyal1
Events:
Hollywood Grand Opening
Hollywood Funkon

ImageImage

Return to “Pop!”