Baskin Robbins Exclusive Steve?!?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Re: Baskin Robbins Exclusive Steve?!?

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:41 am

omarwinkie wrote:
mactds wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:Thanks for the info guys! Unfortunately I ended up not buying one because the stores were charging over $32.99 for him! I said, "no way," and walked right out. Luckily, a good friend of mine picked one up for me for $12.99 (AS IT SHOULD BE) and my ST completist friend was able to grab one at that price as well! Some Baskin Robins store owners are jerks...

That's insane, I thought $24.99 was bad (it is), but $32.99, and hearing some for $49.99. Funko should make sure they don't license to franchisee retailers in the future. Products should be consistent.

I agree, there should be a set price no matter what. It will just end up being like other places where employees just buy them then sale on ebay.

Yup. This is insane!
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:42 am

Hqsdfan619 wrote:
grandpa_stern wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:

They could've done a lot of different things, like buy one ice cream cake or $20.00 worth of product and bye one for $5.00 and they would've moved the Ice cream as well. I think most people that bought this didn't even buy the Ice Cream.

I didn't buy anything but the pop and the lady was super passive aggressive, lol. She handed me he receipt and said, very loudly, "COME BACK AND SEE US SOMETIME! Your receipt gives you A DOLLAR OFF on your next iced drink!" I just tipped my hat and walked out.

My local store refused to give me a receipt. The charged 24.99 and didn't charge tax on it. A lot of shadiness going on. Congrats to those who went to a corporate store and got it for 12.99. Been hearing rumors the franchise's got together and agreed to double the price. At least in my local area.

What on earth?! I can't stand these store owners.
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

mrchadv

Postby mrchadv » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:58 am

Had to share this "unusal" story considering all the inflation and hype.....So I went back to the same store to get another today for a friend since they were $12.99 and his were $30+. Same girl working the counter and she remembers me.

BR Girl: You want to buy more of those Steve dolls?
Me: Well as a matter of fact, yes, I'll take another.
BR Girl: Good, we got three boxes in and you are the only person that has bought one so far.
Me: Seriously?!? I am really surprised, they seem to be pretty popular everywhere else.
BR Girl: Nobody comes in to get ice cream and then wants to spend another 13 bucks on merch. If they don't sell you want me to call you?
Me: 8-[ :eek: :-k
Chad V
IG: http://instagram.com/milehighpophunter
Twitter: @milehighpophunt

ImageImage

ImageImage

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:22 am

x3r0 wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:
magicalme wrote:
I finally got a straight answer today when I called. They said they have them and it’s on sale June 1.

How you make out?

they are telling me to wait till manager gets here at 3, if you believe that one, but I am not the lone ranger for that issue...

but straight up and got one.

I seen some stores are selling as much as $39.99 !!

This whole experience is nuts. Hate that people are having to pay 40 All because the franchise locations can do what they want. Glad you got one though.
Image Image

nonotglenn

Postby nonotglenn » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:00 am

clutch09 wrote:
nonotglenn wrote:
clutch09 wrote:
there's up early and then there's up before the rooster wakes.... lol

naps any time are always a good idea!!!

I prefer DD's coffee over SB. so maybe I should set my alarm....

I don't prefer anything to starbucks lol. I'm an addict.

overslept and woke up at 605.... literally rolled out of bed in my PJs, drove 4min to DD/BR, grabbed a few steves, came home and went back to bed. lol

...and donuts? Went by ours today, they were sold out..and I skipped ice cream because I was already full from lunch. Basically a big fail, but obviously the effort level was minimum.

SchoolBoyQ

Postby SchoolBoyQ » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:10 am

Not sure why people would pay $40 when you can just get it on eBay or another marketplace for $25ish shipped to your door...

Don't give in!
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:11 am

For anyone in the North Jersey Morris county area the Dunkin donuts on 23 in Riverdale still have 3 left and they're selling for $13

evalicious25

Postby evalicious25 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:05 am

I purchased Steve before June 1st on my way back from the airport for $12.99. A few people in our group still needed Steve so I called the next day and they had sold out but they did tell me they were getting more so hopefully those that didn't get so luck on Saturday can hold out for the retail price because it's definitely ridiculous that the other are basically selling at 2 to 3 times suggested.

Funko Funatic
Lover of all cute things
Never-ending search for the ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie!
ISO: GITD Zero, Flocked Snoopy & Woodstock, 9" Maleficent

Find me on Twitter and IG @evalicious25

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:10 am

Honestly, it doesn't bother me that Baskin Robins is upselling the pop. My area is heavy with flippers, my friend was able to get me one because flippers didn't want to pay 20 bucks for it. As long as it's not ridiculously overpriced it doesn't bother me. I was able to attain one, principles is one thing... but if I had to be driving all over the place to get Steve for 12.99... that's a bit of gas money that would have came out to the same price buying it for $20 lol.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:14 am

I was so tired after Denver Pop Culture con I forgot to stop by on the way home. I had such an amazing day though that I can't complain!
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:30 am

ryusilva23 wrote:Honestly, it doesn't bother me that Baskin Robins is upselling the pop. My area is heavy with flippers, my friend was able to get me one because flippers didn't want to pay 20 bucks for it. As long as it's not ridiculously overpriced it doesn't bother me. I was able to attain one, principles is one thing... but if I had to be driving all over the place to get Steve for 12.99... that's a bit of gas money that would have came out to the same price buying it for $20 lol.

Very good point, that was my thinking as well.
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

deetran24

Postby deetran24 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:30 am

I think prices will drop down when there is less demand. Especially now that Popcultcha has the non stickered version
Lakers|Pops|Lakers :freddy3:
Fundays: 2018|2019
Favorite Sets: The Office|F.R.I.E.N.D.S.|Saved By The Bell|GOT|

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:53 am

Some stores in Vegas were selling them for like $29.99! LOL

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:08 am

I got in a line a little after 8am to get mine. When the manager showed up to set up for open she told us they had 18, they were $24.99, and you had to buy ice cream.

The next closest location is over an hour away and it wasn't worth it for me to maybe save $10 so I bought him and got a pint of the Eleven Heaven flavor which is genuinely delicious.
Last edited by scullysdad on Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

MegaPool

Postby MegaPool » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:17 am

3 stores close to me 2 were selling him for $24.99 and the 3rd for $13.99. So yeah luckily I got the $14 prices. Sorry to those that had to pay more.
Hi, I'm JohnPaul IG:@M3GATRONUS

calpolo17

Postby calpolo17 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:05 pm

Our store did 12.99. Grabbed the magnets and a quart of Upside Down Praline too. Yum!

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:11 pm

Dang this thread hit 25 pages! :eek:

I'm sure it has been covered in here, but since most stores are franchises they are technically allowed to charge whatever they want. It's no different than going to one McDonald's and having a medium french fries cost $2 and $3 at another store half a mile away. Now it's definitely absurd what lots of stores did by charging a ton, but at the same time some people actually bought them.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Thepopninja

Postby Thepopninja » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:14 pm

They need o do a better job regulating the retail price.
I purchased 2x of them at $12.99
then my friend said he paid $24.99 for one.
I also saw some posts that they were selling them at $40.99.
Way too erratic
\:D/ from the shadow realm.... enters ThePopNinja

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:50 pm

I would also like to point out that no one "has to" buy them at inflated prices. Know when to walk away, lol
I'm Josh

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:54 pm

mrchadv wrote:Had to share this "unusal" story considering all the inflation and hype.....So I went back to the same store to get another today for a friend since they were $12.99 and his were $30+. Same girl working the counter and she remembers me.

BR Girl: Good, we got three boxes in and you are the only person that has bought one so far.
Me: Seriously?!? I am really surprised, they seem to be pretty popular everywhere else.
BR Girl: Nobody comes in to get ice cream and then wants to spend another 13 bucks on merch. If they don't sell you want me to call you?

haha this is awesome.
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:58 pm

dmitch86 wrote:
mrchadv wrote:Had to share this "unusal" story considering all the inflation and hype.....So I went back to the same store to get another today for a friend since they were $12.99 and his were $30+. Same girl working the counter and she remembers me.

haha this is awesome.

Thanks BTW!
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

FunkoFresh253

Postby FunkoFresh253 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:01 pm

SchoolBoyQ wrote:Not sure why people would pay $40 when you can just get it on eBay or another marketplace for $25ish shipped to your door...

Don't give in!

I agree, no one here should have to pay that much. There’s enough helpers to cover us all at retail
Team Goonies! Team Pop Protectors! Team Lumberjacks!Image

saban

Postby saban » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:03 pm

Kinda of crazy how this all turned out. Saw news of stores being broken into and everything all for a toy. I'm kind of glad I don't collect ST and it's not likely they'll be getting anymore exclusives, however I can't help but marvel at what's been going on at both retail and consumer ends.
IG: vickyisodd

Nerdfulthingz

Postby Nerdfulthingz » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:10 pm

Snagged one on Saturday morning, went super smooth and the ladies were so helpful!! Even got to sample their new flavors for the Stranger Things theme!! (They were super yummy!)
I just like smiling...smilings my favorite

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:58 pm

BestDadEver wrote:
x3r0 wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:How you make out?

they are telling me to wait till manager gets here at 3, if you believe that one, but I am not the lone ranger for that issue...

but straight up and got one.

I seen some stores are selling as much as $39.99 !!

This whole experience is nuts. Hate that people are having to pay 40 All because the franchise locations can do what they want. Glad you got one though.

The most I saw it for $80 and that was the entire package must purchase, plus purchase of ice cream... :rolleyes:
Collecting since 2010

..I like to take photos of anything...

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funko Hollywood's Sid and Marty Krofft
Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

Instagram: Euphoria Imaging

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:27 pm

grandpa_stern wrote:I would also like to point out that no one "has to" buy them at inflated prices. Know when to walk away, lol

So true, but it's when FOMO kicks in that gets ya

kingdingdong

Postby kingdingdong » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:45 pm

SchoolBoyQ wrote:Not sure why people would pay $40 when you can just get it on eBay or another marketplace for $25ish shipped to your door...

Don't give in!

That's what confuses me. I see a few under $20 right now. Just buy there.

VoorheesRulez

Postby VoorheesRulez » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:54 pm

Got a mint one of these on mercari for only $23 shipped. Nearest baskin robbins is half an hour away not worth the drive to see if they have it when u can get it online for that fair of a price. Those that stocked up on this piece for resale will be lucky to break even

Hurcaneman

Postby Hurcaneman » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:01 pm

This price range is nuts!

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:09 pm

easy process where i live. And finally after 29 years I got to meet the owner. Super down to earth, chill dude. 15.99. Not the best not the worst. Nobody was waiting at the door for em. It was an empty store. <3

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:52 pm

calpolo17 wrote:Our store did 12.99. Grabbed the magnets and a quart of Upside Down Praline too. Yum!

Great score..... congrats on your purchases! I paid $19 for my Pop. Maybe if I bought some ice cream they could have cut me a little slack off the price. Lol.

nyel24

Postby nyel24 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:01 pm

i didn't even try but my friend was able to get one at 22.99.

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:19 pm

The one here was $24.99 would not give you receipt. PASS they are already making money @ $12.99. It's like their ice cream yes it's good but you can buy Dreyers or Ben & Jerry's at the store for less and the quality is same or better than BR Reminded me of the 7-11 exclusives. :freddy3: :freddy4: :freddy4:

Soloontherocks

Postby Soloontherocks » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:47 pm

I popped in to my local Baskin Robbins on the way to a Saturday picnic and there were selling 1 per family at $16.99. I picked it up and am happy I didn't have to drive around town searching for it. They said they had 20 and were about half way through their stock.
Hi! I'm Michael!
Instagram: @mbgcollect

Panda

Postby Panda » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:57 pm

obtaining this pop for retail was such a nightmare

mrchadv

Postby mrchadv » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:26 pm

dmitch86 wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:

haha this is awesome.

Thanks BTW!

Anytime buddy. Forgot to ask, did any of your stores get the shirts? Just curious what they look like.....hoping it's a pop shirt.
Chad V
IG: http://instagram.com/milehighpophunter
Twitter: @milehighpophunt

ImageImage

ImageImage

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:37 pm

mrchadv wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:

haha this is awesome.

Thanks BTW!

Anytime buddy. Forgot to ask, did any of your stores get the shirts? Just curious what they look like.....hoping it's a pop shirt.

Hadn't seen anything on shirts. I was going to run into town after work this evening and will be driving past a Baskin Robbins. I'll stop by and ask about shirts.

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:48 pm

Xenomorph wrote:
Toronto wrote:
Xenomorph wrote:We actually got these in Canada so I was able to pick one up locally for $15.99 (CAD).

I'm in my way back from out of town and hope I can still get one. Brantford only got the ice cream and it's merch was delayed till next week.

Hey sorry I didn’t see this sooner. Burlington had a bunch. Let me know if you weren’t able to get one, if they still have them I should be able to hook you up.

I got one yesterday travelling back into town. Paid $15.99

I got a magnet and sticker set both were the MSRP.

The only thing I am looking for is the t-shirt which I have been told is US only. Has any Amerifriends seen it? And for how much?
ISO:Spidey/Pennywise/Mono Conans, Jubilee & Scott Pilgrim Protos [Scott Common/Dorbz]
Dream Pops:Toronto Raptors player Pops, Kimono jacket Daniel from Karate Kid 2.
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Recently Completed: Calendar Go Sailor Moon [Thanks RedRoo], Scott Pilgrim Proto - Ramona & Gideon, Mooby Protos - Both Yellow & White!

Xenomorph

Postby Xenomorph » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:51 pm

Toronto wrote:
Xenomorph wrote:
Toronto wrote:
I'm in my way back from out of town and hope I can still get one. Brantford only got the ice cream and it's merch was delayed till next week.

Hey sorry I didn’t see this sooner. Burlington had a bunch. Let me know if you weren’t able to get one, if they still have them I should be able to hook you up.

The only thing I am looking for is the t-shirt which I have been told is US only. Has any Amerifriends seen it? And for how much?
Nice! Glad you got it :)

evalicious25

Postby evalicious25 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:57 pm

Toronto wrote:
Xenomorph wrote:
Toronto wrote:

One of my friends purchased the shirt on Saturday. It was $19.99.

Funko Funatic
Lover of all cute things
Never-ending search for the ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie!
ISO: GITD Zero, Flocked Snoopy & Woodstock, 9" Maleficent

Find me on Twitter and IG @evalicious25

Return to “Pop!”