Baskin Robbins Exclusive Steve?!?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Toronto

Re: Baskin Robbins Exclusive Steve?!?

Postby Toronto » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:44 pm

Xenomorph wrote:We actually got these in Canada so I was able to pick one up locally for $15.99 (CAD).

I'm in my way back from out of town and hope I can still get one. Brantford only got the ice cream and it's merch was delayed till next week.
ISO:Spidey/Pennywise/Mono Conans, Jubilee & Scott Pilgrim Protos [Scott Common/Dorbz]
Dream Pops:Toronto Raptors player Pops, Kimono jacket Daniel from Karate Kid 2.
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Recently Completed: Calendar Go Sailor Moon [Thanks RedRoo], Scott Pilgrim Proto - Ramona & Gideon, Mooby Protos - Both Yellow & White!

dirtyhobbit

Postby dirtyhobbit » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:59 pm

I went to two stores that were sold out and had them for $12.99, went to a third store that still had them, and guess why they did, they were $29.99, couldn't see the value in that. I think they have every right to do that, just like we have every right to cal them out on it. Yelp and Google are here for a reason, and if it's worth the extra couple of hundred dollars they made for p*** people off, so be it. I would of just walked them out the back door and sold them on ebay or craigslist and told anyone that came in I was sold out then blatantly doing it right in front of customers faces. (for the record I would of had them out at $12.99, as it would of been a great way to get people into my business, and I would of made over 100% profit on the pop at $12.99, it's a win/win)

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:21 pm

dirtyhobbit wrote:I went to two stores that were sold out and had them for $12.99, went to a third store that still had them, and guess why they did, they were $29.99, couldn't see the value in that. I think they have every right to do that, just like we have every right to cal them out on it. Yelp and Google are here for a reason, and if it's worth the extra couple of hundred dollars they made for p*** people off, so be it. I would of just walked them out the back door and sold them on ebay or craigslist and told anyone that came in I was sold out then blatantly doing it right in front of customers faces. (for the record I would of had them out at $12.99, as it would of been a great way to get people into my business, and I would of made over 100% profit on the pop at $12.99, it's a win/win)

They could've done a lot of different things, like buy one ice cream cake or $20.00 worth of product and bye one for $5.00 and they would've moved the Ice cream as well. I think most people that bought this didn't even buy the Ice Cream.
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:24 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
dirtyhobbit wrote:I went to two stores that were sold out and had them for $12.99, went to a third store that still had them, and guess why they did, they were $29.99, couldn't see the value in that. I think they have every right to do that, just like we have every right to cal them out on it. Yelp and Google are here for a reason, and if it's worth the extra couple of hundred dollars they made for p*** people off, so be it. I would of just walked them out the back door and sold them on ebay or craigslist and told anyone that came in I was sold out then blatantly doing it right in front of customers faces. (for the record I would of had them out at $12.99, as it would of been a great way to get people into my business, and I would of made over 100% profit on the pop at $12.99, it's a win/win)

They could've done a lot of different things, like buy one ice cream cake or $20.00 worth of product and bye one for $5.00 and they would've moved the Ice cream as well. I think most people that bought this didn't even buy the Ice Cream.

I didn't buy anything but the pop and the lady was super passive aggressive, lol. She handed me he receipt and said, very loudly, "COME BACK AND SEE US SOMETIME! Your receipt gives you A DOLLAR OFF on your next iced drink!" I just tipped my hat and walked out.
I'm Josh

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:25 pm

Paid $24.99 for one, $12.99 at another place. Oh well. Needed 2 since my wife wanted one as well.
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

dirtyhobbit

Postby dirtyhobbit » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:26 pm

supertoygiant wrote:

I was going to buy ice cream as a thanks for having the Pop, but I heard $29.99 and about threw up. I don't get business owners sometimes, I would kill to have an marketing promo that guarantees people come to my business

dirtyhobbit

Postby dirtyhobbit » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:28 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
I think most people that bought this didn't even buy the Ice Cream.

and also, most of our lovely Pop people probably couldn't afford the Ice Cream until after they flipped the Pop

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:30 pm

dirtyhobbit wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:
I think most people that bought this didn't even buy the Ice Cream.

and also, most of our lovely Pop people probably couldn't afford the Ice Cream until after they flipped the Pop

lol lol lol
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

ssmart619

Postby ssmart619 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:32 pm

Decided to check a few spots on my way up to my parents. Called two Temecula BR who both said 24.99, one place said they had just two left. Then called Menifee BR, 14.99!! She has just a few left and one of the boxes showed noticable impact damage to top corner of box, the other two boxes are decent- one with a little bend inward on left side panel top right corner and also bend outward on right side panel near top left corner, the 3rd box just had a little fingernail size cardboard peel off the top of the back of the box.

dirtyhobbit

Postby dirtyhobbit » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:33 pm

L3g3nD33 wrote:Paid $24.99 for one, $12.99 at another place. Oh well. Needed 2 since my wife wanted one as well.

on the bright side at least it averaged out to $18

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:36 pm

dirtyhobbit wrote:
L3g3nD33 wrote:Paid $24.99 for one, $12.99 at another place. Oh well. Needed 2 since my wife wanted one as well.

Lol, that was my thought exactly
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:38 pm

I ended up paying resale of 25$. Well worth it considering the two closest BRs were 3 hours away and charging 38$
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

ssmart619

Postby ssmart619 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:47 pm

Hemet 2 left, $20

mrchadv

Postby mrchadv » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:56 pm

cptsailor wrote:I ended up paying resale of 25$. Well worth it considering the two closest BRs were 3 hours away and charging 38$

I can totally understand your situation but I wish I had known man, you know help is only a click away ;-)
Chad V
IG: http://instagram.com/milehighpophunter
Twitter: @milehighpophunt

ImageImage

ImageImage

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:03 pm

mrchadv wrote:
cptsailor wrote:I ended up paying resale of 25$. Well worth it considering the two closest BRs were 3 hours away and charging 38$

I can totally understand your situation but I wish I had known man, you know help is only a click away ;-)

True that! I should've posted, it was one of those fleeting moments. I greatly appreciate it. I'm sure itll happen again at some point and I'm always more than willing to help you out too, brother!
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

mrchadv

Postby mrchadv » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:08 pm

cptsailor wrote:
mrchadv wrote:

True that! I should've posted, it was one of those fleeting moments. I greatly appreciate it. I'm sure itll happen again at some point and I'm always more than willing to help you out too, brother!

Thanks man and of course.

Anyone find them still at $12.99? Hearing that word has spread and more and more stores are catching on jacking up their price.
Chad V
IG: http://instagram.com/milehighpophunter
Twitter: @milehighpophunt

ImageImage

ImageImage

mactds

Postby mactds » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:39 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
GusGus wrote:
mrchadv wrote:No limit from what I can see....3 mins til open here, ad signs are up as of this am too.

There was no limit at all here in VA!!!

Thanks for the info guys! Unfortunately I ended up not buying one because the stores were charging over $32.99 for him! I said, "no way," and walked right out. Luckily, a good friend of mine picked one up for me for $12.99 (AS IT SHOULD BE) and my ST completist friend was able to grab one at that price as well! Some Baskin Robins store owners are jerks...

That's insane, I thought $24.99 was bad (it is), but $32.99, and hearing some for $49.99. Funko should make sure they don't license to franchisee retailers in the future. Products should be consistent.
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

omarwinkie

Postby omarwinkie » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:12 pm

mactds wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
GusGus wrote:
There was no limit at all here in VA!!!

Thanks for the info guys! Unfortunately I ended up not buying one because the stores were charging over $32.99 for him! I said, "no way," and walked right out. Luckily, a good friend of mine picked one up for me for $12.99 (AS IT SHOULD BE) and my ST completist friend was able to grab one at that price as well! Some Baskin Robins store owners are jerks...

That's insane, I thought $24.99 was bad (it is), but $32.99, and hearing some for $49.99. Funko should make sure they don't license to franchisee retailers in the future. Products should be consistent.

I agree, there should be a set price no matter what. It will just end up being like other places where employees just buy them then sale on ebay.

Xenomorph

Postby Xenomorph » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:44 pm

Toronto wrote:
Xenomorph wrote:We actually got these in Canada so I was able to pick one up locally for $15.99 (CAD).

I'm in my way back from out of town and hope I can still get one. Brantford only got the ice cream and it's merch was delayed till next week.

Hey sorry I didn’t see this sooner. Burlington had a bunch. Let me know if you weren’t able to get one, if they still have them I should be able to hook you up.

Hqsdfan619

Postby Hqsdfan619 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:14 pm

grandpa_stern wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:

I didn't buy anything but the pop and the lady was super passive aggressive, lol. She handed me he receipt and said, very loudly, "COME BACK AND SEE US SOMETIME! Your receipt gives you A DOLLAR OFF on your next iced drink!" I just tipped my hat and walked out.

My local store refused to give me a receipt. The charged 24.99 and didn't charge tax on it. A lot of shadiness going on. Congrats to those who went to a corporate store and got it for 12.99. Been hearing rumors the franchise's got together and agreed to double the price. At least in my local area.

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:31 pm

Kingwolfdaddy wrote:I had a friend buy one this morning at $12.99. Went to the same store later and they raised the price to $24.99. Crazy that they can just do whatever they want and they aren't the same for all the stores.

Can they do that? Unless there's a set price I didn't think they could.
PLEASE be careful of fake POPs! and clickbait videos about POPs!

FireFist

Postby FireFist » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:36 pm

As crazy as that sounds,I've seen that happen to people with increased prices in my local group which was ridiculous.
    Image Image
Iso:One Piece and Yugioh Protos
Instagram:@stardust.singh

FunkoPoppinLockin

Postby FunkoPoppinLockin » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:06 pm

It’s crazy how they were jacking up the prices on these. I wonder how this will effect them getting exclusives in the future.
Instagram: funkopoppinlockin
Instagram: Jlop24
Twitter: Lopez_josh24

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:15 pm

From what I hear, the BRs in Canada have them for retail. Unfortunately the locations are few and far between
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:29 pm

dirtyhobbit wrote:

Good. I wasn't the only one figuring out the average on his. lol

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:33 pm

Hqsdfan619 wrote:
grandpa_stern wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:

My local store refused to give me a receipt. The charged 24.99 and didn't charge tax on it. A lot of shadiness going on. Congrats to those who went to a corporate store and got it for 12.99. Been hearing rumors the franchise's got together and agreed to double the price. At least in my local area.

Not providing a receipt in purpose is definitely shady

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:47 pm

I didn’t check the 2 BR in my town but the stories I’ve heard of the in store up charges are just ridiculous. There is no reason for that other than simple greed for a pop that should be easily available.
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

FerrisGuy3

Postby FerrisGuy3 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:57 pm

My sister was able to pick this up for me today while I’m in Disney World. They charged $19.99 plus tax. Not as bad as some of the others but still up charged
Hi, I’m Tom. Michigan Based Funatic collecting since 2014

Raypunz

Postby Raypunz » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:26 pm

Lucky to find a spot by me that had them at $12.99, though I did encounter $25-$35 ones as well.

ISO:Michael Jordan Dribbling Proto! Run DMC urban vinyl production pieces. Also need, color benny the bull
proto.

Hi I'm Ray.

caliwolv

Postby caliwolv » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:32 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
caliwolv wrote:My local store was charging $30 so I had no choice, not happy about but there weren't other locations super close. Glad to have him in the collection though!

That sucks, but at least you got one.

I've spent more on less before, gotta keep my collection up to date!
Pop Count: 1023
Dorbz: 93
Rock Candy: 1 (Sorry Enchantress)

MajorLeaguePops

Re: Has anyone seen different prices on baskin robbin steve

Postby MajorLeaguePops » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:35 pm

MajorLeaguePops wrote:I went to 3 stores.
1) didn't have them yet /in managers office
2) $24.99 (yeahhhhh no)(1 per person)
3) $13.99 (no tax)(1 per family)

Needless to say I got the 13.99 one.

Store #4) $29.99...

I went back to store #3 (13.99 yesterday)
And they raised it to $16.99 today...

I did pick an extra one up at $16.99. It did seem like a lot of people weren't able to get one.

So I will have my extra available at cost+shipping if anyone needs one who couldn't get one. I'll throw it in a soft protector and the receipt.

Hopefully I can help those who tried and got shut out because of flippers or it's priced too high locally.

rowden

Postby rowden » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:36 pm

They were at $29.99 by my house.
The employee said the manager did it because of the secondary market
"Evil knows evil" Dr. Smith- Lost in Space
ImageImage

akagalar

Postby akagalar » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:42 pm

Though the prices have been a problem, at least it sounds like people who wanted them were able to get them, unlike other specialty releases
Image Image

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:04 pm

BenLo wrote:
Hqsdfan619 wrote:
grandpa_stern wrote:

Not providing a receipt in purpose is definitely shady

They didn't give me a receipt as well. :devil:

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

peruwhite

Postby peruwhite » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:31 pm

Local stores around me are all $12.99. The three I actually went to had 20+ in quantity each.
Funko isn’t just pops, it’s an idea that could lead the world to something better!

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:42 pm

Tried three stores and the same story on all three 24.99$.

I can't justify buying them from a store that double the retail price.

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:51 pm

Good to see Popucultcha got them too. Should hopefully bring the price down from all this price craziness going on in the US.

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:58 pm

peruwhite wrote:Local stores around me are all $12.99. The three I actually went to had 20+ in quantity each.

Wow. What area are you in? That's awesome

dirtyhobbit

Postby dirtyhobbit » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:29 am

peruwhite wrote:Local stores around me are all $12.99. The three I actually went to had 20+ in quantity each.

that's outstanding!!

dirtyhobbit

Re: Has anyone seen different prices on baskin robbin steve

Postby dirtyhobbit » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:30 am

MajorLeaguePops wrote:
MajorLeaguePops wrote:I went to 3 stores.
1) didn't have them yet /in managers office
2) $24.99 (yeahhhhh no)(1 per person)
3) $13.99 (no tax)(1 per family)

Needless to say I got the 13.99 one.

Store #4) $29.99...

I went back to store #3 (13.99 yesterday)
And they raised it to $16.99 today...

I did pick an extra one up at $16.99. It did seem like a lot of people weren't able to get one.

So I will have my extra available at cost+shipping if anyone needs one who couldn't get one. I'll throw it in a soft protector and the receipt.

Hopefully I can help those who tried and got shut out because of flippers or it's priced too high locally.

$16.99 isn't that bad I guess

Return to “Pop!”