Haunted Mansion Event Madame Leota!!!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Panda

Re: Haunted Mansion Event Madame Leota!!!

Postby Panda » Fri May 24, 2019 2:25 pm

Very detail! love the pop design

h3wi3

Postby h3wi3 » Fri May 24, 2019 2:43 pm

RobinBear177 wrote:I want this one a lot but we’ll have to see what the resale market is on it as I won’t be able to attend.

Right. It will nuts right after the event, will juts have to wait it out.
Hbox

ISO: Grey Captian Mal reaction figure proto and GITD Oogie Boogie.

Collecting Funko since 2008 :freddy2:

Ms_CcBabeyy

Postby Ms_CcBabeyy » Fri May 24, 2019 2:45 pm

ThePoppler710 wrote:This new Madame Leota Pop for the upcoming Haunted Mansion Event in Disneyland looks amazing can't wait to see if they will have extras after the event!!! What other event Pops you think will be next, how do you feel about this Pop in particular? News link is below if you want to check it out!

http://vinylmationworld.com/VMworldmob/ ... oming-soon

LOVE the pop just disappointed you have to pay $300 for a ticket lol can't justify that when I have a pass already. Hoping that they have extras after the event for us fellow funatics!

dirtyhobbit

Postby dirtyhobbit » Fri May 24, 2019 2:54 pm

h3wi3 wrote:
RobinBear177 wrote:I want this one a lot but we’ll have to see what the resale market is on it as I won’t be able to attend.

this will definitely be a "get in line at 3:00am" release

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:08 pm

dirtyhobbit wrote:
h3wi3 wrote:

I'll be very surprised if there any of the GiTD variant will be left... there is a Random Selection Process in order to be able to get one or 2 or 3. I am hoping I will be able to snag at least one and if I do get one, trust me, I would love to share photos of it.

I believe, there is additional Haunted Mansion Pops! releasing sometime after the anniversary date and or during October, I can't recall what the Cast Member told me; but do know there is ex amount of the Glow variant and once its sold out, its sold out and strictly made for this event.

There'll be a regular edition of Madame Leota.. Disney is still figuring out for General Release for stores and or at Disneyland only...

At any rate, never start lining up at 3am, speaking from experience. :)
Collecting since 2010

..I like to take photos of anything...

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funko Hollywood's Sid and Marty Krofft
Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

Instagram: Euphoria Imaging

ThePoppler710

Postby ThePoppler710 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:21 pm

x3r0 wrote:
dirtyhobbit wrote:
h3wi3 wrote:

I'll be very surprised if there any of the GiTD variant will be left... there is a Random Selection Process in order to be able to get one or 2 or 3. I am hoping I will be able to snag at least one and if I do get one, trust me, I would love to share photos of it.

I believe, there is additional Haunted Mansion Pops! releasing sometime after the anniversary date and or during October, I can't recall what the Cast Member told me; but do know there is ex amount of the Glow variant and once its sold out, its sold out and strictly made for this event.

There'll be a regular edition of Madame Leota.. Disney is still figuring out for General Release for stores and or at Disneyland only...

I am never one who needs a GITD Pop unless it calls for it...
but this Pop is probably one of the top 5 GITD Pops ever made and it is not even out yet, I have been riding this ride since i was 8 years old and Madame has always made me smile everytime I pass by her, she LITERALLY is always GITD, so this is a very important Pop in my eyes, like a childhood piece finally come to life
Stay On The Good Vibes!!!

ISO Right Now: The OG Toy Story Line, Mr. Krabs, The Hobbit, and Benson from The Regular Show (will get crazier as years pass)
Current Top 3:Leonardo SpongeBob & Shredder Plankton 2014 SDCC, Fry and Leela 2015 NYCC, Freddy Funko Pennywise
Current Goal: Make it to my first Funko Fundays!

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:23 pm

ThePoppler710 wrote:
x3r0 wrote:
dirtyhobbit wrote:

but this Pop is probably one of the top 5 GITD Pops ever made and it is not even out yet, I have been riding this ride since i was 8 years old and Madame has always made me smile everytime I pass by her, she LITERALLY is always GITD, so this is a very important Pop in my eyes, like a childhood piece finally come to life

The feels, totally feel you 100%

I remember both encounters with the ride, stopped with her doing her spells and hearing everything without feeling rushed, possibly one of the coolest things ever, and so much detail going in that room.

Not so great, but interesting to see, is lights on in that room... would never see Madame the same way ever again. lol
Collecting since 2010

Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

ThePoppler710

Postby ThePoppler710 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:26 pm

x3r0 wrote:
ThePoppler710 wrote:
x3r0 wrote:

I remember both encounters with the ride, stopped with her doing her spells and hearing everything without feeling rushed, possibly one of the coolest things ever, and so much detail going in that room.

Not so great, but interesting to see, is lights on in that room... would never see Madame the same way ever again. lol

Yheah i have been on there so many times that every so often the ride breaks down lol, sometimes i am stuck in the room with her while she cast her spells and talks for like 10 minutes (the best time to get stuck is during Christmas or Halloween, she says different things and she goes on a bit longer)

ISO Right Now: The OG Toy Story Line, Mr. Krabs, The Hobbit, and Benson from The Regular Show (will get crazier as years pass)
Current Top 3:Leonardo SpongeBob & Shredder Plankton 2014 SDCC, Fry and Leela 2015 NYCC, Freddy Funko Pennywise

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:28 pm

ThePoppler710 wrote:
x3r0 wrote:
ThePoppler710 wrote:

Yheah i have been on there so many times that every so often the ride breaks down lol, sometimes i am stuck in the room with her while she cast her spells and talks for like 10 minutes (the best time to get stuck is during Christmas or Halloween, she says different things and she goes on a bit longer)

#GoalsToBeStuckOnDuringNBC :roflmao:

That is rad to know though! Thanks for the tip!
Collecting since 2010

Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

ThePoppler710

Postby ThePoppler710 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:32 pm

x3r0 wrote:
ThePoppler710 wrote:
x3r0 wrote:

No problem!!! It really is the best time to go is during those times, the lines get crazier the darker it gets so if you do ever have a chance, Fast Pass the ride and don't wait like 90 minutes to ride it, get in there like around 4 or 5 before the rush and you will enjoy it alot more!!!

Thepopninja

Postby Thepopninja » Fri May 24, 2019 4:33 pm

They did a great job with Mysterio .... Madame Leota should be awesome
\:D/ from the shadow realm.... enters ThePopNinja

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:51 pm

Thepopninja wrote:They did a great job with Mysterio .... Madame Leota should be awesome

good point.. that is a leading point of inspiration! OMG.. the hype is building up quick.. haha yay [-o<
Collecting since 2010

Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

dirtyhobbit

Postby dirtyhobbit » Fri May 24, 2019 7:16 pm

x3r0 wrote:
dirtyhobbit wrote:
h3wi3 wrote:At any rate, never start lining up at 3am, speaking from experience.

that's been the case for the last few releases, but I missed the Jolly Roger because I didn't get there at 3:00am, and with this one already being sold earlier, I bet it will be tough

r2d2

Postby r2d2 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:29 pm

Ms_CcBabeyy wrote:
ThePoppler710 wrote:This new Madame Leota Pop for the upcoming Haunted Mansion Event in Disneyland looks amazing can't wait to see if they will have extras after the event!!! What other event Pops you think will be next, how do you feel about this Pop in particular? News link is below if you want to check it out!

LOVE the pop just disappointed you have to pay $300 for a ticket lol can't justify that when I have a pass already. Hoping that they have extras after the event for us fellow funatics!

Have they done that before? :eek:

Ms_CcBabeyy

Postby Ms_CcBabeyy » Fri May 24, 2019 8:01 pm

r2d2 wrote:
Ms_CcBabeyy wrote:

Have they done what before? Had left over merch? I think this is the first time a funko pop was an event exclusive on a certain release day. All the others were at DTD and inside the parks

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Fri May 24, 2019 8:06 pm

Ms_CcBabeyy wrote:
r2d2 wrote:
Ms_CcBabeyy wrote:

Have they done what before? Had left over merch? I think this is the first time a funko pop was an event exclusive on a certain release day. All the others were at DTD and inside the parks

Can confirm: This is the first Event Disney piece, it would be nice if they did something good for the hardcore fans of Disney, and honestly this is a variant, pretty sure they clearly said that, but never said exactly how many is available... though they had sold over 2,500 or so tickets for the event thus far...
Collecting since 2010

Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

mnkykng77

Postby mnkykng77 » Fri May 24, 2019 11:51 pm

I can't wait to see this pop in person when I go to the event. I'm curious as to if they event will be a GiTD version and at D23 if a non-GiTD version would be released since the theme of the Expo is Haunted Mansion. If it is numbered, expect it to be 999.
Image Image

mnkykng77

Postby mnkykng77 » Fri May 24, 2019 11:54 pm

Ms_CcBabeyy wrote:
r2d2 wrote:
Ms_CcBabeyy wrote:

Not necessarily Funko Pop but last D23 Expo they have left over Dorbz and they eventually went on sale at DS.com. But you are correct as this being the first Disney Park Event to have an exclusive Funko Pop.
Image Image

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Postby jedik6 » Sat May 25, 2019 12:09 am

x3r0 wrote:
Ms_CcBabeyy wrote:
r2d2 wrote:

Can confirm: This is the first Event Disney piece, it would be nice if they did something good for the hardcore fans of Disney, and honestly this is a variant, pretty sure they clearly said that, but never said exactly how many is available... though they had sold over 2,500 or so tickets for the event thus far...

I don’t think that ticket amount is correct. I read 999 tickets , though that has since been removed from their site. Also they’re still available for purchase - so not sold out.

Looking at the catalog of merchandise there is no edition size by Leota. I talked to several cast members and no one said that it’s limited to this event. If any merchandise are left over they will be sold at both Disneyland and WDW. In fact, I saw a merchandise preview event on IG which was held at Disney Springs and they featured the HM wishables, which will debut at this event. That means they too will be sold at WDW
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023
ISO Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel MCU
Wednesday Addams Netflix Proto

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Sat May 25, 2019 12:15 am

jedik6 wrote:
x3r0 wrote:
Ms_CcBabeyy wrote:

I don’t think that ticket amount is correct. I read 999 tickets , though that has since been removed from their site. Also they’re still available for purchase - so not sold out.

Looking at the catalog of merchandise there is no edition size by Leota. I talked to several cast members and no one said that it’s limited to this event. If any merchandise are left over they will be sold at both Disneyland and WDW. In fact, I saw a merchandise preview event on IG which was held at Disney Springs and they featured the HM wishables, which will debut at this event. That means they too will be sold at WDW

Interesting... this event is primarily focused on 50th Anniversary of Haunted Mansion at Disneyland, Anaheim, California... not Walt Disney World since its barely reaching 36 years..

I know of some Cast Members for myself, and yes, it is a Limited Edition, no mention of how many, not an Open Edition (now glow variant) like the common that'll be releasing later in the year.

Yes, you are right, it did said 999 tickets to be sold, but it has sold over 2,000 tickets so far for the event (I was number 2,000 in queue virtual line yesterday), I even attempted with different devices, and I was average 500 people behind 2,000 (2,300-2,500 range). Only 1 ticket to be allowed per purchase..

I am sure there'll be some left, but not a lot left of this particular Pop! you'll be surprised how big the fan base is :)
Collecting since 2010

Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

Tmarie_82

Postby Tmarie_82 » Sat May 25, 2019 12:20 am

Boymom4 wrote:I love the pop, but sad it's a DL event exclusive :( I hope to see some type of common version released just so I can have one for my collection.

Crossing my fingers

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Sat May 25, 2019 12:36 am

x3r0 wrote:
ThePoppler710 wrote:
pberickp wrote:It is a really cool POP! Definitely hope there are some available after the event as $300 to get into the park just for a chance to get the POP! is a little extreme. I like the POP! but not that much.

Get in for $300, sell for $350 lol (for real though i hope that doesn't happen)

:roflmao:

For real!

this worries me, but the same time, happy to say I am going to the event.

It’s an awesome perk if you are already going to the event. Just not worth it for someone only interested in the POP! That Haunted Mansion anniversary night at the park will be a memorable experience for any hardcore Disney fan.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

ThePoppler710

Postby ThePoppler710 » Sat May 25, 2019 2:00 am

pberickp wrote:
x3r0 wrote:
ThePoppler710 wrote:
Get in for $300, sell for $350 lol (for real though i hope that doesn't happen)

:roflmao:

For real!

this worries me, but the same time, happy to say I am going to the event.

It’s an awesome perk if you are already going to the event. Just not worth it for someone only interested in the POP! That Haunted Mansion anniversary night at the park will be a memorable experience for any hardcore Disney fan.

You all hurting my heart haha, i am such a big Disney fan so this hurts more than just the Pop #-o

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Sat May 25, 2019 2:11 am

x3r0 wrote:
jedik6 wrote:
x3r0 wrote:

Interesting... this event is primarily focused on 50th Anniversary of Haunted Mansion at Disneyland, Anaheim, California... not Walt Disney World since its barely reaching 36 years..

I know of some Cast Members for myself, and yes, it is a Limited Edition, no mention of how many, not an Open Edition (now glow variant) like the common that'll be releasing later in the year.

Yes, you are right, it did said 999 tickets to be sold, but it has sold over 2,000 tickets so far for the event (I was number 2,000 in queue virtual line yesterday), I even attempted with different devices, and I was average 500 people behind 2,000 (2,300-2,500 range). Only 1 ticket to be allowed per purchase..

I am sure there'll be some left, but not a lot left of this particular Pop! you'll be surprised how big the fan base is :)

Thank you very much for all of the info! I didn’t realize they had so many tickets! I’m glad it seems like everyone who wanted to go was able to purchase a ticket!

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Sat May 25, 2019 2:26 am

This Pop looks awesome! Love the detail on her, but at $300.....yikes!! And as far as I can tell, there's no guarantee you'll be able to buy one after you've already shelled out for entry to the party.

DisneyFanatic

Postby DisneyFanatic » Sat May 25, 2019 2:39 am

Batphotography wrote:
The1one1 wrote:After seeing that new Mysterio pop, I can see this one coming out really cool. I love those pops with the see through layers!

Ditto! I love when that extra layer goes into that pop! Design

I wonder if the box will be the traditional pop box or if they will be anything special about it. Kinda like the bao vinyl

DisneyFanatic

Postby DisneyFanatic » Sat May 25, 2019 2:41 am

RBlue30 wrote:
x3r0 wrote:
jedik6 wrote:

Thank you very much for all of the info! I didn’t realize they had so many tickets! I’m glad it seems like everyone who wanted to go was able to purchase a ticket!

The fan base is big for sure but I wonder if resellers will be willing to spend 300 for a chance of getting this pop. That might turn people away leaving a chance for extras

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Sat May 25, 2019 3:51 am

There are several things flying around on this thread that are a little off....

The reason why this event is mid week is because it is occurring on the actual 50th anniversary of the Haunted Mansion. It’s not a weird power trip move by Disney...they are celebrating the anniversary with this event.

The reason it’s soooooo late at night is because there will still be massive demand for Galaxys Edge and they would never get away with closing the park at 6pm to host this private event. It’s obscenely late, but only because of the Star Wars demands.

The Leota Pop is listed as a Theme Park Exclusive, NOT an event OR Disneyland exclusive. I would bet that it will be sold at Walt Disney World and Disneyland AFTER this event. I think people are getting tripped up by the lottery aspect...SOME items are super limited edition which is why they have to create a merchandise lottery.

Lastly, this event is for those folks that LOVE The Haunted Mansion and will feature specialty entertainment that will not be part of the daily offerings. Madame Leota is appearing, characters from the mansion are appearing and there are exclusive photo backdrops as well...yes the event is pricey, but it’s a limited attendance ticket with unique offerings.

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Sat May 25, 2019 5:09 am

I keep seeing people talk about this in one of the Disneyland groups on fb. They said that you are picked randomly to buy the merchandise. Since most of the people going are hardcore Disney people, almost everyone will be picking this Pop up. I’m really hoping there’s leftovers that make it into the park. I really want this one.
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

Mjacob78

Postby Mjacob78 » Sat May 25, 2019 10:57 am

x3r0 wrote:
jedik6 wrote:
x3r0 wrote:

Just because you were number 2000+ in the queue does not mean that is how many tickets were sold. Simply means there were that many people in line. They all didn't purchase tickets. There are 999 for each event day. Many people like myself went in line to see if tickets were still available or decided last min to not purchase the tickets.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

N POP

Postby N POP » Sat May 25, 2019 1:19 pm

Well, I took the plunge and bought a ticket. I’ve been asking for this Pop to be made for awhile. So excited! Hope I get picked to buy it.

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Sat May 25, 2019 2:07 pm

ghostrye wrote:There are several things flying around on this thread that are a little off....

The reason why this event is mid week is because it is occurring on the actual 50th anniversary of the Haunted Mansion. It’s not a weird power trip move by Disney...they are celebrating the anniversary with this event.

The reason it’s soooooo late at night is because there will still be massive demand for Galaxys Edge and they would never get away with closing the park at 6pm to host this private event. It’s obscenely late, but only because of the Star Wars demands.

The Leota Pop is listed as a Theme Park Exclusive, NOT an event OR Disneyland exclusive. I would bet that it will be sold at Walt Disney World and Disneyland AFTER this event. I think people are getting tripped up by the lottery aspect...SOME items are super limited edition which is why they have to create a merchandise lottery.

Lastly, this event is for those folks that LOVE The Haunted Mansion and will feature specialty entertainment that will not be part of the daily offerings. Madame Leota is appearing, characters from the mansion are appearing and there are exclusive photo backdrops as well...yes the event is pricey, but it’s a limited attendance ticket with unique offerings.

Yes, that is also part of the reason (being so late) due to SW:GE taking place, you're 100% on that :D in the past it was from 9a till 10:30 or 11.. I forgot what exactly they did for their 40th Anniversary.

I did noticed the fact it states "Theme Park Exclusive" -- but I am just hearing from friends who are cast members, thats how I am getting my sources, some of the cast members are actually salary pay managers, not hourlies. :eek:

But anyways, enough of this debate. Only time will tell. [-o<

Whoever is going, I am definitely going to be there regardless-- not just because of the Pop itself :) Haunted Mansion has a special place in my goth heart, haha. lol
Collecting since 2010

Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

mnkykng77

Postby mnkykng77 » Sat May 25, 2019 9:04 pm

x3r0 wrote:
ghostrye wrote:There are several things flying around on this thread that are a little off....

Whoever is going, I am definitely going to be there regardless-- not just because of the Pop itself :) Haunted Mansion has a special place in my goth heart, haha. lol

I too am going to experience all the other HM stuff. Definitely will be taking pictures with all the characters we don’t see out normally.
Image Image

GusGus

Postby GusGus » Sat May 25, 2019 9:23 pm

I’m so excited to see this pop! The glamour shots look cool, but I wanna see the real deal!

I can’t wait to own this one. Glow or not, I will be adding this to my collection!

Starwarsfanatic1

Postby Starwarsfanatic1 » Sat May 25, 2019 10:02 pm

This definitely has me intrigued! Thank you for the information!
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
SDCC 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24
FUNDAYS 2019, 2022, 2023
FUNKON 2021

OriginalDuffy

Postby OriginalDuffy » Sat May 25, 2019 10:22 pm

x3r0 wrote:
ThePoppler710 wrote:
x3r0 wrote:

You say this now but I got stuck on that ride for like 30 minutes in that room to the point where they just turned on all the lights
Image Image
Image Image

GusGus

Postby GusGus » Sat May 25, 2019 10:38 pm

I just got recently stuck on HM in the Pepper’s Ghost scene and it was great......until about 15 minutes had gone by! I love HM, but man was I thankful when it started back up!

Batphotography

Postby Batphotography » Sat May 25, 2019 11:00 pm

DisneyFanatic wrote:
Batphotography wrote:
The1one1 wrote:After seeing that new Mysterio pop, I can see this one coming out really cool. I love those pops with the see through layers!

Ditto! I love when that extra layer goes into that pop! Design

I wonder if the box will be the traditional pop box or if they will be anything special about it. Kinda like the bao vinyl

That would be amazing but at the same time, it would be devastating when I couldn’t get my hands on it lol
SDCC 2001 - SDCC 2002 - SDCC 2003 - SDCC 2004 - SDCC 2005 - SDCC 2006 - SDCC 2007 - SDCC 2008 - SDCC 2009 - SDCC 2010 - SDCC 2011 - SDCC 2012 - SDCC 2014 - SDCC 2015 - SDCC 2016 - SDCC 2017 - SDCC 2018 - SDCC 2019 - SDCC 2022 - SDCC 2023
Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2023

IG: bat_photo_gal

ImageImage

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:23 pm

OriginalDuffy wrote:
x3r0 wrote:
ThePoppler710 wrote:

You say this now but I got stuck on that ride for like 30 minutes in that room to the point where they just turned on all the lights

oh I been stuck on many other rides, including; HM, just different part :) and I had been stuck on Big Thunder too, as well as, Indiana Jones and that my friend was... interesting.
Collecting since 2010

Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

OriginalDuffy

Postby OriginalDuffy » Sat May 25, 2019 11:42 pm

x3r0 wrote:
OriginalDuffy wrote:
x3r0 wrote:

oh I been stuck on many other rides, including; HM, just different part :) and I had been stuck on Big Thunder too, as well as, Indiana Jones and that my friend was... interesting.
we got stuck right under the boulder lol
Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Pop!”