One Punch Season 2

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
TheStephil

Re: One Punch Season 2

Postby TheStephil » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:52 am

cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
I agree. I’ve never taken it super seriously. It’s funny, it has action and a lot of the character design and powers are interesting.

One punch man was one of the best anime to come out because it's literally a parody of all anime with a story line that ended up working. Garou is my favorite character of the series. He goes against the grain so much and I always find his come up interesting. That and his voice actor also voices my other favorite character from black clover

Garou is A++. Most everything is up to par with season 2. The animation is lacking, which important to me. I'm not a huge fan of quality dipping since great animation makes fight scenes more compelling, to me. That is one reason I will say I enjoyed season 1 more overall so far, but I'm just thankful we got a season 2!

I totally understand that. For me, it depends on the show for me to care about the animation quality. I watch some anime strictly because the animation is stunning and others because they are hilarious. I’ll let some anime pass on less quality anime if I’m super into the story. I love RWBY (do we count that as anime) but it was never about the animation in the first few seasons.
Hi, I’m Steph.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ISO: Harry Potter & Borderlands Protos

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:23 pm

91shawny wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:
One punch man was one of the best anime to come out because it's literally a parody of all anime with a story line that ended up working. Garou is my favorite character of the series. He goes against the grain so much and I always find his come up interesting. That and his voice actor also voices my other favorite character from black clover

Garou is A++. Most everything is up to par with season 2. The animation is lacking, which important to me. I'm not a huge fan of quality dipping since great animation makes fight scenes more compelling, to me. That is one reason I will say I enjoyed season 1 more overall so far, but I'm just thankful we got a season 2!

Literally every youtuber thinks the same and I get it. It's kinda unfair to JC Staff since they didn't get as much time to make the animation better but madhouse went way too hard on season 1 and its really hard to top that.

Totally. Madhouse is a powerhouse for animation. It really depends on personal preference on what makes a show good. It is incredibly huge shoes to fill and it is honestly better to get a show in a reasonable amount of time.
Hi, I'm CptSailor (Dillon)!

ImageImageImage

ImageImage

IG: cptsailorfunko

iso: Cuphead Protos, AOT Protos, LTJ 20" Bone Daddy

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:25 pm

TheStephil wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:

I totally understand that. For me, it depends on the show for me to care about the animation quality. I watch some anime strictly because the animation is stunning and others because they are hilarious. I’ll let some anime pass on less quality anime if I’m super into the story. I love RWBY (do we count that as anime) but it was never about the animation in the first few seasons.

Most definitely. I'm huge on animation in general. Not just for anime. It is a great show regardless and most studios do not have the resources to live up to Madhouse in a quick amount of time.

ImageImageImage

ImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:23 pm

TheStephil wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:

I'm not sure about counting RWBY as anime, it would be the same as counting avatar as such lol
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 928 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImageImage

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:11 pm

91shawny wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

I'm not sure about counting RWBY as anime, it would be the same as counting avatar as such lol

Cartoon with heavy influence from Anime :p

ImageImageImage

ImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:22 pm

cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Cartoon with heavy influence from Anime :p

Cartoons with heavy influence, exactly. Technically not anime but it's so similar, can't we throw it a bone?
Hi, I’m Steph.
ImageImage
ImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:15 pm

SchoolBoyQ wrote:Saitama with wig

Haha that would be a great one.
Hi, I’m Steph.
ImageImage
ImageImage

The1one1

Postby The1one1 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:19 pm

91shawny wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Literally every youtuber thinks the same and I get it. It's kinda unfair to JC Staff since they didn't get as much time to make the animation better but madhouse went way too hard on season 1 and its really hard to top that.

Yeah that’s the common complaint I’ve seen the most. Tbh I don’t really notice that much of a drop off. I still think the animation is pretty damn good and the story line is still fun and interesting. By all means, I’m no anime snob so maybe my eye just isn’t as well trained. I guess I’m lucky in that respect because I’m loving season two...
Aloha! Call me Cliffy!
IG: The1one1

Image Image
Image Image

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:34 pm

The1one1 wrote:
91shawny wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

Yeah that’s the common complaint I’ve seen the most. Tbh I don’t really notice that much of a drop off. I still think the animation is pretty damn good and the story line is still fun and interesting. By all means, I’m no anime snob so maybe my eye just isn’t as well trained. I guess I’m lucky in that respect because I’m loving season two...

The animation is still above most shows that come out. If you really want a scene to compare, pull up the Saitama vs Genos or Boros fight and it is noticeable. But as I said, Madhouse is known for crazy good animation and as Shawny said, it is not really fair to compare a company like JC staffs animation to them. Season 2 is above most anime that gets put out still. We are basically comparing top shelf whiskey to whiskey on the same shelf :p

ImageImageImage

ImageImage

x56735x

Postby x56735x » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:32 am

i think im in the minority here but i think s02 is a little slow. Literally just now it starts to get good, lots of beating around the bush to finally have saitama do something. anyway...still excited for the show and where it will go. As for the POPs...a second wave would be really cool especially that now Funko has better molds with a little more action in their poses
ImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:44 pm

x56735x wrote:i think im in the minority here but i think s02 is a little slow. Literally just now it starts to get good, lots of beating around the bush to finally have saitama do something. anyway...still excited for the show and where it will go. As for the POPs...a second wave would be really cool especially that now Funko has better molds with a little more action in their poses

I can agree with it feeling somewhat slow. I felt like the tournament arc wasn't fully entertaining until Saitama went up against the champion and monsters showed up. Like for a few episodes, everytime it got to a point where it was going to pick up, the ep ended and the next ep repeated the same process

FunkoFresh253

Postby FunkoFresh253 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:48 pm

was that just a rumor that genos and lord boros going into the vault? i have saitama and genos, just holding out to hopefully find boros restocked, or on shelves while hunting
ImageImage

Westlos420

Postby Westlos420 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:52 pm

Been waiting on a next wave myself!!!
Big Danny
Fundays 2017 - Making Fun World Premiere - FDO8LV-Fundays 2019
Dodgers for life!

IG: funko420

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:53 pm

FunkoFresh253 wrote:was that just a rumor that genos and lord boros going into the vault? i have saitama and genos, just holding out to hopefully find boros restocked, or on shelves while hunting

Funko never officially vaulted it. But a lot of retailers were no longer able to order it, so everyone assumed that it had been vaulted, in the same fashion that happened with Tenya. Until it officially restocks, it is considered vaulted.

Vader92

Postby Vader92 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:59 pm

pretty disappointed that the animation came out to be like this but still happy it came out for a second season
IG https://www.instagram.com/popthat818/
Pop count: 202
ISO: Horror Grails
OOB Sith pop collector

Joser777

Postby Joser777 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:52 pm

i was never a hardcore one punchman till the last couple months and i have to say its defiantly in the top 5 of my favorite animes and am caught up with season 2 and love it
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage

iso: anime protos, scott pilgrim protos, spiderman protos

Xeverus86

Postby Xeverus86 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:58 pm

Vader92 wrote:pretty disappointed that the animation came out to be like this but still happy it came out for a second season

Yup they really pull away from showing the actual damage and leave it to your imagination this new studio sucks
A.A. 7/18/19 :angel2:
FUNKO FUNDAYS '17
FUNKO FUNDAYS '18
FUNKO FUNDAYS '19
FUNKO HQ GRAND OPENING
MAKING FUN MOVIE PREMIERE

FunkoFresh253

Postby FunkoFresh253 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:42 pm

moneyhelpspk wrote:
FunkoFresh253 wrote:was that just a rumor that genos and lord boros going into the vault? i have saitama and genos, just holding out to hopefully find boros restocked, or on shelves while hunting

Funko never officially vaulted it. But a lot of retailers were no longer able to order it, so everyone assumed that it had been vaulted, in the same fashion that happened with Tenya. Until it officially restocks, it is considered vaulted.

ahh thanks for breakin that down. that makes a lot of sense. hopefully it does restock
ImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:29 am

Xeverus86 wrote:
Vader92 wrote:pretty disappointed that the animation came out to be like this but still happy it came out for a second season

Yup they really pull away from showing the actual damage and leave it to your imagination this new studio sucks

That just goes to show you that madhouse went too hard lol hopefully if JC Staff gets season 3, they are given more time

Xeverus86

Postby Xeverus86 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:38 pm

91shawny wrote:
Xeverus86 wrote:

That just goes to show you that madhouse went too hard lol hopefully if JC Staff gets season 3, they are given more time

I really hope jc staff goes out of business after this season lol
A.A. 7/18/19 :angel2:
FUNKO FUNDAYS '17
FUNKO FUNDAYS '18
FUNKO FUNDAYS '19
FUNKO HQ GRAND OPENING
MAKING FUN MOVIE PREMIERE

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:34 am

FunkoFresh253 wrote:
moneyhelpspk wrote:

ahh thanks for breakin that down. that makes a lot of sense. hopefully it does restock

Funko still really needs to work on updating their vault.

It's been so damn annoying the past year.
Will Reggie finally give us Mother 3 before he leaves?

Guess not :p

But will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo (inevitably) releases Mother 3?

I don't think I actually ever introduced myself in the Welcome to Funkoland page :-k

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:46 am

TheStephil wrote:

100 percent on board with this. Saitama wearing the martial arts gi and detachable wig.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:37 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

100 percent on board with this. Saitama wearing the martial arts gi and detachable wig.

Detachable wig is a must. I love when Pops have detachable parts.
Hi, I’m Steph.
ImageImage
ImageImage

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:53 pm

TheStephil wrote:

LMAO! oh man that would be awesome. Loved first season. Haven't gotten a chance to watch S2, but I heard anime isn't that great. Hopefully the story shines and I don't pay too much attention to the animation of it.
ImageImage Image

jadekitten

Postby jadekitten » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:10 pm

TheStephil wrote:

I'd like to see this!

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:08 pm

Joesandwich123 wrote:
FunkoFresh253 wrote:
moneyhelpspk wrote:

I was really surprised when the app came out and say they didnt update the vault. Would have made sense to update it for all the traffic the app was gonna get.

FunkoFresh253

Postby FunkoFresh253 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:41 pm

moneyhelpspk wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:
FunkoFresh253 wrote:

I was really surprised when the app came out and say they didnt update the vault. Would have made sense to update it for all the traffic the app was gonna get.

yeah seems like theres progress and almost feels like beta stages still, so id expect things to be top shape in a few months maybe.
ImageImage

The1one1

Postby The1one1 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:27 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Lmao never thought of that. The detachable wig would be epic. That would be an oob pop for sure! lol
Aloha! Call me Cliffy!

Image Image
Image Image

Jeffvela710

Postby Jeffvela710 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:22 pm

Is this show any good I started seeing black clover and it’s really good. I need some thing to keep me watching anime

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:40 am

Jeffvela710 wrote:Is this show any good I started seeing black clover and it’s really good. I need some thing to keep me watching anime

Yes it is good, go watch season 1 and be amazed lol

AvgPopGuy

Postby AvgPopGuy » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:43 am

Aside from the heroes, Im not sure which villians they could possibly make. Everyone dies with a single Punch... it will be pretty much Heroes that will be pops

The1one1 wrote:I reeeeeeally hope that Funko releases a second wave of Opm pops. I was kinda disappointed that there were only 3 characters from last wave but this new season has so much potential. Tons of new amazing looking characters! Anyone else watching season 2?
AvgPopGuy
:freddy1:

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:45 am

cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

Some animes stick out like a sore thumb if its not animated correctly to be honest. I can say whenever i see poorly animated episodes of dbz i can identify almost immediately. I ran into that a couple times during the tournament of power. I feel like they went back in and reanimated
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:35 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Some animes stick out like a sore thumb if its not animated correctly to be honest. I can say whenever i see poorly animated episodes of dbz i can identify almost immediately. I ran into that a couple times during the tournament of power. I feel like they went back in and reanimated

I experienced this with Dororo reboot recently. The show started out super crisp with the samurai fights. Now it is wonky and it takes away honestly.

ImageImageImage

ImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:44 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:

OH definitely, the most notorious one was ssj3 goku vs beerus way back in the beginning lol

OffTheCHENG

Postby OffTheCHENG » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:50 pm

You guys should really read the manga, so much better and so much has happened already lol
Image ImageImage

ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:31 pm

91shawny wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

OH definitely, the most notorious one was ssj3 goku vs beerus way back in the beginning lol

Lmao hell yeah bad animation on a high profile show will stick out none other but dbz is just the type of anime where when youve seen it long enough you have a certain expectation for quality control
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

The1one1

Postby The1one1 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:12 am

OffTheCHENG wrote:You guys should really read the manga, so much better and so much has happened already lol

I’d be interested to read the manga, I’m just too cheap to buy them lol they can be pricey if you continually buy books and knowing my addictive personality I’d be “that guy”
Aloha! Call me Cliffy!

Image Image
Image Image

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:24 am

Definitely need a second 2nd wave. Metal Bat for sure needs a pop.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 321
Years collecting 3+
Interest pops Anime and Pennywise

OffTheCHENG

Postby OffTheCHENG » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:51 pm

The1one1 wrote:
OffTheCHENG wrote:You guys should really read the manga, so much better and so much has happened already lol

I’d be interested to read the manga, I’m just too cheap to buy them lol they can be pricey if you continually buy books and knowing my addictive personality I’d be “that guy”

lol I'm right there with you! That's why I downloaded Manga Master (it's free on Android and maybe on App store). It allows me to be up-to-date. Trust me...it only gets better lol
Image ImageImage

ImageImage

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:27 pm

I wasn't sure if we'd ever get more OPM pops so I made an Oppai hoodie Saitama

Return to “Pop!”