Amazon Prime Original Series Pops?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
MattyPHATty

Re: Amazon Prime Original Series Pops?

Postby MattyPHATty » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:57 pm

DivineWarrior wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:Very excited for the eventual Lord of the Rings show and what may come with that

I'm excited for LOTR, it is one of my favorite series! Aside from the future pop line that will come, I hope the series doesn't disappoint.

Sounds like Amazon has put a lot of time and money into it and are hiring top talent for the show so hopefully it won’t disappoint

Comicbookwriter

Postby Comicbookwriter » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:16 pm

Good omens pops would be nice to see!!
ImageImageImage

angrynate

Postby angrynate » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:38 pm

Seen it mentioned in this thread already but would love to see some Man in the High Castle, Good Omens and The Boys pops!
That's my secret Cap... I'm always angry

ImageImageImageImage

Typale

Postby Typale » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:50 pm

Give me some pops for The Boys!!
As Brian Mariotti once said.... Go boxless, it’s more fun!

Image Image

Gman18251

Postby Gman18251 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:05 pm

the boys maybe jack reacher
:freddy4: love Pop collecting, mainly into rick and morty , all Star Wars, GOT and Marvel .

r2d2

Postby r2d2 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:12 pm

Have to admit I've not seen any Amazon Prime shows. Anything good?

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:28 pm

r2d2 wrote:Have to admit I've not seen any Amazon Prime shows. Anything good?

Man in the High Castle, Fleabag, and Good Omens are great. And coincidentally, would all make great Pops :D
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:30 pm

Typale wrote:Give me some pops for The Boys!!

Great series! Seriously quality stuff and I immediately hoped that they decide to make pops after I finished the season.

shanemm

Postby shanemm » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:38 pm

I would like to see some Jack Ryan pops.

Typale

Postby Typale » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:53 pm

wolfy233 wrote:
Typale wrote:Give me some pops for The Boys!!

Great series! Seriously quality stuff and I immediately hoped that they decide to make pops after I finished the season.

I fee the same for sure and already have a ton of scenes that the pops could be based off of!!
As Brian Mariotti once said.... Go boxless, it’s more fun!

Image Image

DivineWarrior

Postby DivineWarrior » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:03 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
DivineWarrior wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:Very excited for the eventual Lord of the Rings show and what may come with that

I'm excited for LOTR, it is one of my favorite series! Aside from the future pop line that will come, I hope the series doesn't disappoint.

Sounds like Amazon has put a lot of time and money into it and are hiring top talent for the show so hopefully it won’t disappoint

It better not be like the game of thrones, drag it out 7 seasons and then last season rush it. I don't know if I can deal with another series like that.
NYCC Five Timer - 2017-2022, 1 Timer - Fright Night

Image Image

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:56 pm

DivineWarrior wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
DivineWarrior wrote:

It better not be like the game of thrones, drag it out 7 seasons and then last season rush it. I don't know if I can deal with another series like that.

Haha! Let’s hope not. Sounds like Amazon is taking it very seriously and is pulling out all the stops so my hopes are very high with this one

Batcavehero24

Postby Batcavehero24 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:58 pm

Finished The Boys so quick! Already inching for season two! While in line at Sdcc, I met the cast and they brought us burgers and drinks, too cool!
:SW7a:

MAKING FUN PREMIERE
FDO8
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
SDCC 06-07 15-23
FUNDAYS 18-19-22
FUNKON 21
WONDERCON 23

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:57 am

Shoriyuken wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:Haha this would be popular, I think. They even had an A train pop in the show.

Almost forgot it was finally out! Living up to the hype? It's on my list. Going to watch it soon.

I like it for some reason. Oddly enough it digs deep on the question of what if super heroes abuse thier power.

Nice, I enjoy when we see a more realistic touch to the hero world.
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:58 am

Shoriyuken wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:Haha this would be popular, I think. They even had an A train pop in the show.

Almost forgot it was finally out! Living up to the hype? It's on my list. Going to watch it soon.

I like it for some reason. Oddly enough it digs deep on the question of what if super heroes abuse thier power.

Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:00 am

Shoriyuken wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:11 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:

My best friend swears up and down that I will love the show and it sounds really interesting so it’s definitely on my must-watch list now. Love anything Garth Ennis creates

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:54 am

I'd love Pops for The Boys. I'd want a lot of them though lol Mostly The Deep and Starlight, but I'd want all of the seven and then Karl Urban's fun time murder crew.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:10 am

The Boys has gotta be made!

wafflemaker222

Postby wafflemaker222 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:20 am

I would take anything The Expanse! Maybe a Pop Ride? THAT would be cool!

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:43 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:I like it for some reason. Oddly enough it digs deep on the question of what if super heroes abuse thier power.

My best friend swears up and down that I will love the show and it sounds really interesting so it’s definitely on my must-watch list now. Love anything Garth Ennis creates

I don't think it's for everyone. It has some very mature content. Extremely violent and some wtf moments.
IG: chasingvynl
Hello my name is Ken!
Pop Count: Too much
Main Line: GOT, WD, Disney, Simpsons, DBZ/DBS, Anime, Naruto
SDCC 17, SDCC 18, SDCC 19, ECCC 18, CRX 19, SDCC 22
ISO: Anime protos

Image Image

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:59 pm

Shoriyuken wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:

I don't think it's for everyone. It has some very mature content. Extremely violent and some wtf moments.

Yeah it definitely doesn’t seem kid friendly, but it is an interesting take on the super hero genre for sure

Loki437

Postby Loki437 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:28 pm

This is a great opportunity. The Expanse is one of my all time favorites, and Syfy wouldn't spend a dime promoting that thing. Coming home to Amazon with a more open minded marketing team, this license could do big things. Season 4 in the bag, with a confirmed Season 5. I love it, and would be super quick to pick up anything that was offered!

Carnival Row seems to have some great ideas for characters, and would undoubtedly make some intriguing Pops. Looking forward to August!
Hi I'm Brandon
Funklub Member: 3538
ImageImage

Skinnie311

Postby Skinnie311 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:31 pm

rexflexall wrote:The Boys has gotta be made!

100% Agree!!
:freddy1: ImageImage

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:33 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:My best friend swears up and down that I will love the show and it sounds really interesting so it’s definitely on my must-watch list now. Love anything Garth Ennis creates

Yeah it definitely doesn’t seem kid friendly, but it is an interesting take on the super hero genre for sure

Yes for sure. What if the avengers abused their powers type of show lol.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:13 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:I'd love Pops for The Boys. I'd want a lot of them though lol Mostly The Deep and Starlight, but I'd want all of the seven and then Karl Urban's fun time murder crew.

The Deep had some pretty hilarious scenes, GITD or light up Starlight would be awesome.
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:02 am

MattyPHATty wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:My best friend swears up and down that I will love the show and it sounds really interesting so it’s definitely on my must-watch list now. Love anything Garth Ennis creates

I think mature audience content will be a nice change of pace from Disney Avengers kinda of stuff :)
Always fun to squeeze in some Deadpool kind of action in between.

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:34 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:I don't think it's for everyone. It has some very mature content. Extremely violent and some wtf moments.

I think mature audience content will be a nice change of pace from Disney Avengers kinda of stuff :)

I agree, I prefer that over the pg-13 kind of action but I totally get that it isn’t for kids either. Really enjoying the show so far and the mature content is great

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:49 am

MattyPHATty wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:Yeah it definitely doesn’t seem kid friendly, but it is an interesting take on the super hero genre for sure

I agree, I prefer that over the pg-13 kind of action but I totally get that it isn’t for kids either. Really enjoying the show so far and the mature content is great

I totally agree with you guys. It's definitely a change of pace. We see too much of this pg 13 heroe stuff and it all starts to blend in. Honelanders laser eyes looks terrifyingly crazy lol. Plus, the baby scene at the hospital, that was crazy lol.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:50 am

I just watched it twice now lol. I guess I love it that much. I'm pretty sure I'll buy the pops if they ever release any.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:03 pm

Shoriyuken wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:

I totally agree with you guys. It's definitely a change of pace. We see too much of this pg 13 heroe stuff and it all starts to blend in. Honelanders laser eyes looks terrifyingly crazy lol. Plus, the baby scene at the hospital, that was crazy lol.

It really is meant for mature audiences, they don’t make any bones about that. They definitely have some parts that are pretty nuts for sure

DivineWarrior

Postby DivineWarrior » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:55 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
DivineWarrior wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:Sounds like Amazon has put a lot of time and money into it and are hiring top talent for the show so hopefully it won’t disappoint

Haha! Let’s hope not. Sounds like Amazon is taking it very seriously and is pulling out all the stops so my hopes are very high with this one

Well, good news if the series goes well they will keep making more because Amazon will want/need the traffic. I have heard even though the GOT series was doing well, that they were only doing a select number of seasons/episodes and that was it. They weren't going to budge that number at all and thats why it panned out the way it was.
NYCC Five Timer - 2017-2022, 1 Timer - Fright Night

Image Image

caliwolv

Postby caliwolv » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:56 pm

akimotomitsuki wrote:Haven't been watching alot of amazon originals lately but I really liked The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Electric Dream when I was watching them a while ago... Electric Dream probably would not be plausible for pops since it's basically like Black Mirror on Netflix, each episode is a different story~

Been thinking back to this since I saw the Black Mirror pop news!!! There is a chance!
Pop Count: 1023
Dorbz: 93
Rock Candy: 1 (Sorry Enchantress)

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:03 pm

The boys is getting a lot of noise and people in general seems to like it. I really hope Funko is listening and consider making their pop versions.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

akimotomitsuki

Postby akimotomitsuki » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:51 am

caliwolv wrote:
akimotomitsuki wrote:Haven't been watching alot of amazon originals lately but I really liked The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Electric Dream when I was watching them a while ago... Electric Dream probably would not be plausible for pops since it's basically like Black Mirror on Netflix, each episode is a different story~

Been thinking back to this since I saw the Black Mirror pop news!!! There is a chance!

No wayyyyyy.... I didn;t see this, now i gotta go look it up~
Aries Strength/Weakness
Basically, I'm enthusiastic about expanding my toy collection which I'm passionate about. I'm optimistic about not going broke & becoming homeless due to my impulsive collecting behavior on top of the fact that I can be impatient & pre-order too much which could lead me to going broke & being homeless. BUT in that case, my aggressive side will serve me well because if you tryna take my toys, I'mma fight you. It's a vicious cycle. ;-) FOOD & TOYS = LIFE <3

osakahedgehog3

Postby osakahedgehog3 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:31 am

I would kill for Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Fleabag Pops!
Funko Collection

All-Time Favorite Pop! Vinyl: WWE CM Punk - Hot Topic Edition
Favorite Most Recently Bought Pop! Vinyl: Aggretsuko 10" inch
Most Wanted Pop! Vinyl: Mono Conan O'Brien

All-Time Favorite Dorbz: Thanos XL
Favorite Most Recently Bought Dorbz: Iron Fist
Most Wanted Dorbz: Bullseye Batman

Return to “Pop!”