Umbrella Academy Pops?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Hirokus_bane

Umbrella Academy Pops?

Postby Hirokus_bane » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:13 pm

It was mentioned in another post and I felt compelled to carry it on. Who wants to see some funko love for The Umbrella Academy? Either the comic or the Netflix show. I just feel like it is the right amount of interesting and strange to be transformed into a Pop.

Discuss!
Or let this fall into oblivion.

Vertigo813

Re: Umbrella Academy Pops?

Postby Vertigo813 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:24 pm

I would like to see the white violin Vanya from the comic, I really like that design.
Image Image

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:36 pm

I’d love Pops! From either the Netflix series or the comic book. I like the designs better in the comic but I’m more familiar with the series.
I’d love to see how they’d make Diego and Klaus. Klaus is my favorite in series.

Vertigo813 wrote:I would like to see the white violin Vanya from the comic, I really like that design.

Her design in the comics is way superior. I’d really enjoy seeing it in pop form, as well.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:49 pm

TheStephil wrote:I’d love Pops! From either the Netflix series or the comic book. I like the designs better in the comic but I’m more familiar with the series.
I’d love to see how they’d make Diego and Klaus. Klaus is my favorite in series.

Vertigo813 wrote:I would like to see the white violin Vanya from the comic, I really like that design.

Her design in the comics is way superior. I’d really enjoy seeing it in pop form, as well.

Really like the art style of the comics. Seems like it would adapt well to Funkos. However I'd be happy with either.

Wounder if Gerard is aware of funkos at all. Cause they would also make a funko from his music video

MajorLeaguePops

Postby MajorLeaguePops » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:12 am

What type of show (genre) is this? It looks intriguing. But I have so many other things to watch. Is it worth it?

Vertigo813

Postby Vertigo813 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:10 am

MajorLeaguePops wrote:What type of show (genre) is this? It looks intriguing. But I have so many other things to watch. Is it worth it?

I would label it a super hero drama, it’s more about the families interactions rather than a straight out super hero show. Also throw in an apocalypse for good measure. I really liked it.
Image Image

Vertigo813

Postby Vertigo813 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:11 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
TheStephil wrote:I’d love Pops! From either the Netflix series or the comic book. I like the designs better in the comic but I’m more familiar with the series.

Really like the art style of the comics. Seems like it would adapt well to Funkos. However I'd be happy with either.

Wounder if Gerard is aware of funkos at all. Cause they would also make a funko from his music video

They have already made quite a few Gerard Way variants from his time in MCR. Who knows, there could always be more.
Image Image

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:48 am

I would love to see pops for Umbrella Academy! I know that Brian is a fan of the show so hopefully that helps with getting the license for it!
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:30 am

Vertigo813 wrote:
MajorLeaguePops wrote:What type of show (genre) is this? It looks intriguing. But I have so many other things to watch. Is it worth it?

I would label it a super hero drama, it’s more about the families interactions rather than a straight out super hero show. Also throw in an apocalypse for good measure. I really liked it.

Yeah think Xmen meets breakfast club meets Brady bunch? Or some bastardized version of that.

Refreshing in a way that it isn't just all happy endings and clean messages. All the members of the "Family" that makes up umbrella academy are rather emotionally scared. While having powers and yes of course a impending apocalypse.

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:31 am

Strending625 wrote:I would love to see pops for Umbrella Academy! I know that Brian is a fan of the show so hopefully that helps with getting the license for it!

I didn't realise he was a fan. That should bode well just needs to get the licence.

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:33 am

Vertigo813 wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

They have already made quite a few Gerard Way variants from his time in MCR. Who knows, there could always be more.

Maybe they could put a little music player inside of the pop so it plays this song on repeat?

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:40 am

I have not read the comics on this one, but did love the show. So many good ideas for this. I'd like Hazel and Cha Cha 2 packs... maybe even a chase 2 pack of them with their masks on. An Old number 5 from when he was stuck in the future.
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:42 am

Vertigo813 wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

How did I miss MCR pops?!? I must be living under a rock. Not that I need to branch out into musical pops but MCR, Muse and Linkin Park are ones I can make an exception for.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:45 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
Vertigo813 wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

Maybe they could put a little music player inside of the pop so it plays this song on repeat?

His new stuff is awful. Sorry Gerard, I loved you in MCR but the new stuff (other than the Hazy Shade of Winter cover) is not to my liking at all.
Hi, I’m Steph.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:55 am

Umbrella Academy would be sick!

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:27 am

Yes yes Yes Yes Yes Yes.....

Rocky625

Postby Rocky625 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:49 pm

These would be an instant buy for me!
Patricia

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:33 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Vertigo813 wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

How did I miss MCR pops?!? I must be living under a rock. Not that I need to branch out into musical pops but MCR, Muse and Linkin Park are ones I can make an exception for.

hope you have the room for the floodgate your opening

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:35 pm

TheStephil wrote:
His new stuff is awful. Sorry Gerard, I loved you in MCR but the new stuff (other than the Hazy Shade of Winter cover) is not to my liking at all.

Agreed. I haven't found anything redeeming from his new band. The image I posted of "Girl your a haunted house" or whatever it's called is painful.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:36 pm

I thought I saw somewhere these were announced?
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:41 pm

dmitch86 wrote:I have not read the comics on this one, but did love the show. So many good ideas for this. I'd like Hazel and Cha Cha 2 packs... maybe even a chase 2 pack of them with their masks on. An Old number 5 from when he was stuck in the future.

Feel like Hazel and Cha Cha would need some blood splatter on then on the boxes. Also those masks were made for being popified.

What about number 5's girlfriend? That would make for an interesting pop. Good old Delores.

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:42 pm

hailmary25 wrote:I thought I saw somewhere these were announced?

Souce you beautiful creature! Source!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:43 pm

Hirokus_bane wrote:

I am trying to find it. If I do this will be first place I put it.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:44 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

I am trying to find it. If I do this will be first place I put it.

Well thank you. Even if you don't find it thank you for trying.

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:11 pm

Hirokus_bane wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:I have not read the comics on this one, but did love the show. So many good ideas for this. I'd like Hazel and Cha Cha 2 packs... maybe even a chase 2 pack of them with their masks on. An Old number 5 from when he was stuck in the future.

Feel like Hazel and Cha Cha would need some blood splatter on then on the boxes. Also those masks were made for being popified.

What about number 5's girlfriend? That would make for an interesting pop. Good old Delores.

Agreed, Delores needs to be done.. maybe a chase in sequins ;)
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:53 pm

Yes it is. lol you should try to find time to squeeze this one in, trust me you will not be disappointed. If you do watch it soon, let me know what you think.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:25 pm

That would be fantastic news.
On an unrelated note, I love your signature.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:27 pm

Hirokus_bane wrote:

Blood splattered boxes would be quite fitting. Number 5 and his girlfriend would make a good two-pack. Dolores by herself would be quite odd.
Hi, I’m Steph.

islander671

Postby islander671 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:27 pm

This would be awesome as a GITD
ImageImageImage

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:46 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

Blood splattered boxes would be quite fitting. Number 5 and his girlfriend would make a good two-pack. Dolores by herself would be quite odd.

Dolores is quite odd.. might be fitting haha

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:30 pm

dmitch86 wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

Agreed, Delores needs to be done.. maybe a chase in sequins ;)

I can get behind that idea. A sequined pop sounds cool.

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:34 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

Oddly awesome?

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:46 pm

dmitch86 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

Haha it would fit her well.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:55 pm

TheStephil wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:

would it be a pop without legs? Or would she be in the arms of 5?

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:58 pm

islander671 wrote:

This would be awesome as a GITD

GITS chase please.
I love me a good glow chase
Hi, I’m Steph.

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:00 pm

Hirokus_bane wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:

would it be a pop without legs? Or would she be in the arms of 5?

Idk... i mean Funko did do a limb-less pickle rick haha. Why not a mannequin with no legs?

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Hawkeye_13

Postby Hawkeye_13 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:08 pm

lavery01 wrote:

Yes it is. lol you should try to find time to squeeze this one in, trust me you will not be disappointed. If you do watch it soon, let me know what you think.

Absolutely worth checking out! Can't wait for season two

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:25 pm

Would be great if they followed the comics as opposed to the tv show characters.
ISO: Chase Error Batman, Walmart Toothless, HT Thor with Helmet, Metallic Nightwing, Glitter Celestia, Glitter Luna, MM Blue Trixie, MM Santa Jack

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:36 pm

Haven't read the comic version, but would be interested in some pops of these characters

jenjen

Postby jenjen » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:43 pm

I liked the show, always seems there’s only 1 real powerful superhero and the rest have lame powers.

Return to “Pop!”