Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
User avatar
k05cube
Posts: 500
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:14 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby k05cube » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:22 pm

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
repair-manmanmanman wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
If I wasn't lucky enough to get him at SDCC, I would be buying it off of somebody (& my wallet thanks me..LOL)...but I will also be getting the general release since I will be counting it as 2 different pops


Well the Sith trooper doesn't have a first to market sticker, it's just the comic con sticker like all the other shared ones. It would be no different than if it was a shared and you could purchase it at gamestop or something (except you can't). My real view of LE is that something is really only LE if there is a number attached, so I don't personally consider sith trooper LE. And if there sticker isn't what sets it aside from the other shared exclusives, I'd hope that perhaps the box will be different.


good points...and agree hopfully the box will be different


Same or different box I guess we will still get it lol
:freddy2: Darth Maul Rules!
Image

User avatar
StarWarsFunkoGirl
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Hampton VA
Contact:

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:29 pm

k05cube wrote:Same or different box I guess we will still get it lol


Yes we will !!!
Image

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 372 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 132 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

User avatar
k05cube
Posts: 500
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:14 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby k05cube » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:59 am

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
k05cube wrote:Same or different box I guess we will still get it lol


Yes we will !!!


Can’t wait for the regular release! lol
:freddy2: Darth Maul Rules!
Image

User avatar
repair-manmanmanman
Posts: 1149
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:37 am

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:02 pm

k05cube wrote:
repair-manmanmanman wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
If I wasn't lucky enough to get him at SDCC, I would be buying it off of somebody (& my wallet thanks me..LOL)...but I will also be getting the general release since I will be counting it as 2 different pops


Well the Sith trooper doesn't have a first to market sticker, it's just the comic con sticker like all the other shared ones. It would be no different than if it was a shared and you could purchase it at gamestop or something (except you can't). My real view of LE is that something is really only LE if there is a number attached, so I don't personally consider sith trooper LE. And if there sticker isn't what sets it aside from the other shared exclusives, I'd hope that perhaps the box will be different.


The sticker is a special debut sticker which is different from the other sdcc stickers lol


Actually, you're right. I didn't realize it says Debut on it. Also it's green..
Hi, I'm CY

User avatar
k05cube
Posts: 500
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:14 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby k05cube » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:16 pm

repair-manmanmanman wrote:
k05cube wrote:
repair-manmanmanman wrote:
Well the Sith trooper doesn't have a first to market sticker, it's just the comic con sticker like all the other shared ones. It would be no different than if it was a shared and you could purchase it at gamestop or something (except you can't). My real view of LE is that something is really only LE if there is a number attached, so I don't personally consider sith trooper LE. And if there sticker isn't what sets it aside from the other shared exclusives, I'd hope that perhaps the box will be different.


The sticker is a special debut sticker which is different from the other sdcc stickers lol


Actually, you're right. I didn't realize it says Debut on it. Also it's green..


Yeah so it’s special just like first to market Vader sticker was different from the other Star Wars celebration sticker. lol
:freddy2: Darth Maul Rules!
Image

User avatar
Mario Wario
Posts: 1414
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:23 pm
Location: Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
Contact:

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby Mario Wario » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:44 pm

repair-manmanmanman wrote:
Mario Wario wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:

Wow and the 9:30 slot usually gets you everything. I had a buddy who had a 9:30 slot as well and got everything but the Sith Trooper.

The power of red! So, if you red it, they will come.


Lol I was in a collectibles store this past weekend and saw a lady frantically confirming something on her phone and then look disappointed afterwards. Turns out she found the target red stormtrooper and thought it could have been a sith trooper.

Bummer, but yeah, if only Target did sell it. Yet to be honest, even if Target had it, the Pop! would probably be hard to get still...
:freddy1:

runtodere
Posts: 2210
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 1:33 am

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby runtodere » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:00 pm

Nemesis989 wrote:
disneyfunkoaddict wrote:
repair-manmanmanman wrote:
Yeah, my buddy said his register told him they were sold out and it was only his second transaction of the day lol

no wonder it was hard to get. I should have just went to loungefly PN or Thursday and bought the backpack with pop deal. :(


I wish I knew about the backpack and pop deal on that one. Somehow I missed it completely

I think everyone wished they knew. The backpack was pretty cool too

runtodere
Posts: 2210
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 1:33 am

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby runtodere » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:01 pm

repair-manmanmanman wrote:
k05cube wrote:
repair-manmanmanman wrote:
Well the Sith trooper doesn't have a first to market sticker, it's just the comic con sticker like all the other shared ones. It would be no different than if it was a shared and you could purchase it at gamestop or something (except you can't). My real view of LE is that something is really only LE if there is a number attached, so I don't personally consider sith trooper LE. And if there sticker isn't what sets it aside from the other shared exclusives, I'd hope that perhaps the box will be different.


The sticker is a special debut sticker which is different from the other sdcc stickers lol


Actually, you're right. I didn't realize it says Debut on it. Also it's green..

I'm waiting to see the 'replacement' stickers on ebay

User avatar
philipali
Posts: 1775
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:26 pm
Location: Davao City, Philippines
Contact:

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby philipali » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:02 pm

runtodere wrote:
repair-manmanmanman wrote:
k05cube wrote:
The sticker is a special debut sticker which is different from the other sdcc stickers lol


Actually, you're right. I didn't realize it says Debut on it. Also it's green..

I'm waiting to see the 'replacement' stickers on ebay


i bet there will be and it will be very difficult to distinguish
Image ImageImage
Image ImageImage

User avatar
repair-manmanmanman
Posts: 1149
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:37 am

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:15 pm

runtodere wrote:
repair-manmanmanman wrote:
k05cube wrote:
The sticker is a special debut sticker which is different from the other sdcc stickers lol


Actually, you're right. I didn't realize it says Debut on it. Also it's green..

I'm waiting to see the 'replacement' stickers on ebay


I'm sure this is gonna happen, but we'll see what the general release ones look like.
Hi, I'm CY

User avatar
k05cube
Posts: 500
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:14 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby k05cube » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:27 pm

runtodere wrote:
repair-manmanmanman wrote:
k05cube wrote:
The sticker is a special debut sticker which is different from the other sdcc stickers lol


Actually, you're right. I didn't realize it says Debut on it. Also it's green..

I'm waiting to see the 'replacement' stickers on ebay


I’m actually quite unhappy with all these “replacement” stickers. Shouldn’t Funko do something about it? :-k
:freddy2: Darth Maul Rules!
Image

User avatar
k05cube
Posts: 500
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:14 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby k05cube » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:28 pm

philipali wrote:
runtodere wrote:
repair-manmanmanman wrote:
Actually, you're right. I didn't realize it says Debut on it. Also it's green..

I'm waiting to see the 'replacement' stickers on ebay


i bet there will be and it will be very difficult to distinguish


Yeah totally dislike this [-(
:freddy2: Darth Maul Rules!
Image

User avatar
k05cube
Posts: 500
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:14 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby k05cube » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:28 pm

repair-manmanmanman wrote:
runtodere wrote:
repair-manmanmanman wrote:
Actually, you're right. I didn't realize it says Debut on it. Also it's green..

I'm waiting to see the 'replacement' stickers on ebay


I'm sure this is gonna happen, but we'll see what the general release ones look like.


Yeah hopefully the box is different too lol
:freddy2: Darth Maul Rules!
Image

User avatar
MONSTER
Posts: 872
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:22 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby MONSTER » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:38 pm

k05cube wrote:
repair-manmanmanman wrote:
runtodere wrote:I'm waiting to see the 'replacement' stickers on ebay


I'm sure this is gonna happen, but we'll see what the general release ones look like.


Yeah hopefully the box is different too lol


I'm sure it will be.
Image

User avatar
k05cube
Posts: 500
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:14 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby k05cube » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:43 pm

MONSTER wrote:
k05cube wrote:
repair-manmanmanman wrote:
I'm sure this is gonna happen, but we'll see what the general release ones look like.


Yeah hopefully the box is different too lol


I'm sure it will be.


Yeah let’s just wait and see. Cos the last unmasked Vader was just the sticker making the difference lol
:freddy2: Darth Maul Rules!
Image

runtodere
Posts: 2210
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 1:33 am

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby runtodere » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:43 pm

philipali wrote:
runtodere wrote:
repair-manmanmanman wrote:
Actually, you're right. I didn't realize it says Debut on it. Also it's green..

I'm waiting to see the 'replacement' stickers on ebay


i bet there will be and it will be very difficult to distinguish

I heard someone mention about Rfid At some point I hope that becomes a reality

runtodere
Posts: 2210
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 1:33 am

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby runtodere » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:46 pm

k05cube wrote:
runtodere wrote:
repair-manmanmanman wrote:
Actually, you're right. I didn't realize it says Debut on it. Also it's green..

I'm waiting to see the 'replacement' stickers on ebay


I’m actually quite unhappy with all these “replacement” stickers. Shouldn’t Funko do something about it? :-k

I think it is pretty hard at the Price point of funko to try To do something about it unfortunately. I hope one day they can figure something out though

runtodere
Posts: 2210
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 1:33 am

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby runtodere » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:48 pm

MONSTER wrote:
k05cube wrote:
repair-manmanmanman wrote:
I'm sure this is gonna happen, but we'll see what the general release ones look like.


Yeah hopefully the box is different too lol


I'm sure it will be.

That would be nice. The Box from sdcc is sort of matte so Maybe they go back to the original Box

BestDadEver
Posts: 800
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:12 am
Location: San Diego Ca
Contact:

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives

Postby BestDadEver » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:32 pm

mongoose12 wrote:glad to see them become "official" i like em!

I’m still bitter that I didn’t get red trooper!!! Stoke to save for it.
Image

User avatar
k05cube
Posts: 500
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:14 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby k05cube » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:43 am

runtodere wrote:
k05cube wrote:
runtodere wrote:I'm waiting to see the 'replacement' stickers on ebay


I’m actually quite unhappy with all these “replacement” stickers. Shouldn’t Funko do something about it? :-k

I think it is pretty hard at the Price point of funko to try To do something about it unfortunately. I hope one day they can figure something out though


Yeah can only hope so. lol
:freddy2: Darth Maul Rules!
Image

User avatar
volsspongebob
Posts: 1193
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:21 am
Location: Knoxville, TN

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby volsspongebob » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:19 am

runtodere wrote:
k05cube wrote:
runtodere wrote:I'm waiting to see the 'replacement' stickers on ebay


I’m actually quite unhappy with all these “replacement” stickers. Shouldn’t Funko do something about it? :-k

I think it is pretty hard at the Price point of funko to try To do something about it unfortunately. I hope one day they can figure something out though


One of these days the stickers themselves are going to have a certificate of authenticity. LOL.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

GOING TO MY FIRST FUNDAYS IN 2019!!

Image
Image Image

User avatar
Nemesis989
Posts: 2023
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 5:51 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby Nemesis989 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:02 pm

k05cube wrote:
repair-manmanmanman wrote:
runtodere wrote:I'm waiting to see the 'replacement' stickers on ebay


I'm sure this is gonna happen, but we'll see what the general release ones look like.


Yeah hopefully the box is different too lol


I would imagine something about it will be different. You're right, hopefully (probably) there will be a variation on the box
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

User avatar
repair-manmanmanman
Posts: 1149
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:37 am

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:44 pm

runtodere wrote:
k05cube wrote:
runtodere wrote:I'm waiting to see the 'replacement' stickers on ebay


I’m actually quite unhappy with all these “replacement” stickers. Shouldn’t Funko do something about it? :-k

I think it is pretty hard at the Price point of funko to try To do something about it unfortunately. I hope one day they can figure something out though


Yeah, and if they're not gonna do anything about the fake pops coming from China, then they're definitely not gonna do anything about the fake stickers coming from some guy's basement printer in America.
Hi, I'm CY

User avatar
repair-manmanmanman
Posts: 1149
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:37 am

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:47 pm

runtodere wrote:
k05cube wrote:
runtodere wrote:I'm waiting to see the 'replacement' stickers on ebay


I’m actually quite unhappy with all these “replacement” stickers. Shouldn’t Funko do something about it? :-k

I think it is pretty hard at the Price point of funko to try To do something about it unfortunately. I hope one day they can figure something out though


Yeah, and if they're not gonna do anything about the fake pops coming from China, then they're definitely not gonna do anything about the fake stickers coming from some guy's basement printer in America.
Hi, I'm CY

User avatar
MONSTER
Posts: 872
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:22 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby MONSTER » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:06 pm

are the China fakes a big issue?
Image

User avatar
k05cube
Posts: 500
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:14 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby k05cube » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:39 pm

volsspongebob wrote:
runtodere wrote:
k05cube wrote:
I’m actually quite unhappy with all these “replacement” stickers. Shouldn’t Funko do something about it? :-k

I think it is pretty hard at the Price point of funko to try To do something about it unfortunately. I hope one day they can figure something out though


One of these days the stickers themselves are going to have a certificate of authenticity. LOL.


lol maybe
:freddy2: Darth Maul Rules!
Image

User avatar
k05cube
Posts: 500
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:14 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby k05cube » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:40 pm

Nemesis989 wrote:
k05cube wrote:
repair-manmanmanman wrote:
I'm sure this is gonna happen, but we'll see what the general release ones look like.


Yeah hopefully the box is different too lol


I would imagine something about it will be different. You're right, hopefully (probably) there will be a variation on the box


Yeah we can only hope lol
:freddy2: Darth Maul Rules!
Image

User avatar
k05cube
Posts: 500
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:14 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby k05cube » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:41 pm

repair-manmanmanman wrote:
runtodere wrote:
k05cube wrote:
I’m actually quite unhappy with all these “replacement” stickers. Shouldn’t Funko do something about it? :-k

I think it is pretty hard at the Price point of funko to try To do something about it unfortunately. I hope one day they can figure something out though


Yeah, and if they're not gonna do anything about the fake pops coming from China, then they're definitely not gonna do anything about the fake stickers coming from some guy's basement printer in America.


Quite true actually. lol
:freddy2: Darth Maul Rules!
Image

runtodere
Posts: 2210
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 1:33 am

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby runtodere » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:59 am

repair-manmanmanman wrote:
runtodere wrote:
k05cube wrote:
I’m actually quite unhappy with all these “replacement” stickers. Shouldn’t Funko do something about it? :-k

I think it is pretty hard at the Price point of funko to try To do something about it unfortunately. I hope one day they can figure something out though


Yeah, and if they're not gonna do anything about the fake pops coming from China, then they're definitely not gonna do anything about the fake stickers coming from some guy's basement printer in America.

True True

runtodere
Posts: 2210
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 1:33 am

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby runtodere » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:00 pm

k05cube wrote:
volsspongebob wrote:
runtodere wrote: I think it is pretty hard at the Price point of funko to try To do something about it unfortunately. I hope one day they can figure something out though


One of these days the stickers themselves are going to have a certificate of authenticity. LOL.


lol maybe

Ha. can you imagine a million COA's floating around out there?

User avatar
k05cube
Posts: 500
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:14 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby k05cube » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:33 pm

runtodere wrote:
repair-manmanmanman wrote:
runtodere wrote: I think it is pretty hard at the Price point of funko to try To do something about it unfortunately. I hope one day they can figure something out though


Yeah, and if they're not gonna do anything about the fake pops coming from China, then they're definitely not gonna do anything about the fake stickers coming from some guy's basement printer in America.

True True


Indeed
:freddy2: Darth Maul Rules!
Image

SDTrader
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:13 pm

Re: Star Wars SDCC Exclusives (Updated)

Postby SDTrader » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:48 pm

I’m new to collecting and when I started buying booth versions I would always look to the bottom of the box to see if there was anything different between the labels. That seems like an easy solution, make it sticker AND box label underneath. Altho the extra $0.02 to run 2 lines of boxmaking probably would be too much for them.
Image


Return to “Pop!”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users