DC 85th Anniversary next year

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
User avatar
Tusken
Posts: 2415
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby Tusken » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:01 am

Red Tornado would be AWESOME in Pop form. I was hoping for more DC presence at SDCC but not much there this year which is a bummer. :freddy3:
Image Image Image Image Image

JediMike1128
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:45 am

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby JediMike1128 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:04 am

Yes, this would be such a great idea! Would love to see characters that have never been done in POP form. I'd love to see BTAS Alfred, movie Alfred's as well, Wayne Manor with Alfred POP town? For all the BATMAN's we have he could definitely use an Alfred. =D

User avatar
Tusken
Posts: 2415
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby Tusken » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:06 am

JediMike1128 wrote:Yes, this would be such a great idea! Would love to see characters that have never been done in POP form. I'd love to see BTAS Alfred, movie Alfred's as well, Wayne Manor with Alfred POP town? For all the BATMAN's we have he could definitely use an Alfred. =D


Good idea. Or Lois and the Daily Planet. :freddy3:
Image Image Image Image Image

User avatar
Thepopninja
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:59 am
Location: Perris, CA
Contact:

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby Thepopninja » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:34 pm

yea I agree some more villain molds would be cool.... new Lex Luther
\:D/ from the shadow realm.... enters ThePopNinja
Image

User avatar
jigsaw
Posts: 601
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:50 pm
Location: Queens. New york
Contact:

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby jigsaw » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:05 pm

Tusken wrote:Let's hope they go all out for DC next year and that DC returns to Hall H. :freddy3:


yes i second this!! would be amazing! now that marvel is sitting back for a bit let DC come out guns blazing!! lol
SOME PEOPLE ARE SO UNGRATEFUL TO BE ALIVE.... BUT NOT YOU.... NOT ANYMORE.
ImageImage

Image

robjimenez
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 6:13 pm

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby robjimenez » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:13 pm

we can only hope

LovesTheSnow76
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:04 pm

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby LovesTheSnow76 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:12 am

rexflexall wrote:You know Funko got something up their sleeves!



Let's hope they do!!!

LovesTheSnow76
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:04 pm

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby LovesTheSnow76 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:14 am

jenjen wrote:I would definitely like to see some golden age pops from DC.



Can't wait to see what Funko has planned to next year.

User avatar
Tusken
Posts: 2415
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby Tusken » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:07 am

Wonder if Freddy Funko will turn DC this year at Fundays? :freddy3:
Image Image Image Image Image

JediMike1128
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:45 am

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby JediMike1128 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:09 pm

Tusken wrote:
JediMike1128 wrote:Yes, this would be such a great idea! Would love to see characters that have never been done in POP form. I'd love to see BTAS Alfred, movie Alfred's as well, Wayne Manor with Alfred POP town? For all the BATMAN's we have he could definitely use an Alfred. =D


Good idea. Or Lois and the Daily Planet. :freddy3:


Yes, Lois and the Daily Planet would be awesome! Come to think of it, Jor-EL with the Fortress of Solitude would be... SUPER! :D

x3r0
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed May 09, 2018 6:44 pm
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby x3r0 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:52 pm

I hope Funko does have something big for this... maybe saving it for Funko HQ in Hollywood...
Collecting since 2010
Image

..I like to take photos of anything...

User avatar
rexflexall
Posts: 2881
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:58 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Contact:

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby rexflexall » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:18 pm

10 inch DC line!! With Chases!

User avatar
MattyPHATty
Posts: 2014
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby MattyPHATty » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:26 pm

Still holding out hope for a Golden age Flash. Non-TV Jay Garrick has been at the top of my want list for awhile now
Image

ucmerolling117
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:19 pm
Location: Edmonton canada
Contact:

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby ucmerolling117 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:17 pm

knowing funko we may get 10 more batman variants

Brunodog
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:06 am

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby Brunodog » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:30 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:Still holding out hope for a Golden age Flash. Non-TV Jay Garrick has been at the top of my want list for awhile now

Agreed. I feel like Jay Garrick is sometimes an overlooked character, so it would be nice to see a Pop! of him
Well I honestly like pretty much anything to do with pop culture soooooo... :colors:
Pops Owned: 32
Newest: Dr. Ian Malcolm
Oldest: Krypto the Superdog

Pops:
Types:
DC: 7
Animation: 7
Television: 5
Movies: 5
8-Bit: 2
Disney: 2
Star Wars: 2
Funko Originals: 1
6": 1
Key chains: 1

Pint Size Heroes:
Martian

Brunodog
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:06 am

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby Brunodog » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:30 pm

ucmerolling117 wrote:knowing funko we may get 10 more batman variants

Just what we all wanted :roflmao: :roflmao:
Well I honestly like pretty much anything to do with pop culture soooooo... :colors:
Pops Owned: 32
Newest: Dr. Ian Malcolm
Oldest: Krypto the Superdog

Pops:
Types:
DC: 7
Animation: 7
Television: 5
Movies: 5
8-Bit: 2
Disney: 2
Star Wars: 2
Funko Originals: 1
6": 1
Key chains: 1

Pint Size Heroes:
Martian

User avatar
MattyPHATty
Posts: 2014
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby MattyPHATty » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:32 pm

Brunodog wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:Still holding out hope for a Golden age Flash. Non-TV Jay Garrick has been at the top of my want list for awhile now

Agreed. I feel like Jay Garrick is sometimes an overlooked character, so it would be nice to see a Pop! of him

No doubt, we even got a golden age version of him in Dorbz form so I’m really surprised we haven’t gotten a pop of him yet
Image

User avatar
Tusken
Posts: 2415
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby Tusken » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:53 am

rexflexall wrote:10 inch DC line!! With Chases!


That would be very AWESOME!! :freddy3:
Image Image Image Image Image

Jalapenopete
Posts: 1672
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:16 am
Location: Central Coast
Contact:

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby Jalapenopete » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:07 am

Maybe a chrome version of them like they did all the marvel the gold ones would be cool with gold shiny box like they did wonder womans box for her first appearance
:freddy3:

Image

User avatar
Tusken
Posts: 2415
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby Tusken » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:03 pm

Jalapenopete wrote:Maybe a chrome version of them like they did all the marvel the gold ones would be cool with gold shiny box like they did wonder womans box for her first appearance


That would be a good touch compared the gold Marvel ones. :freddy3:
Image Image Image Image Image

Howardthepop
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:13 pm

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby Howardthepop » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:45 pm

yasowat wrote:
renardchua wrote:Expect more Batmans! :D


Can never go wrong with more Batman! Haha


It seem to me like Batman is the most produced pop. It has so many variants it's hard to keep track of all of them.

Howardthepop
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:13 pm

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby Howardthepop » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:46 pm

yasowat wrote:
renardchua wrote:Expect more Batmans! :D


Can never go wrong with more Batman! Haha


It seem to me like Batman is the most produced pop. It has so many variants it's hard to keep track of all of them.

Brunodog
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:06 am

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby Brunodog » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:38 am

Howardthepop wrote:
yasowat wrote:
renardchua wrote:Expect more Batmans! :D


Can never go wrong with more Batman! Haha


It seem to me like Batman is the most produced pop. It has so many variants it's hard to keep track of all of them.

Probably. I like actual ones based on real comics like Rainbow Batman, but those Impopsters. Obvious cashgrabs, among others
Well I honestly like pretty much anything to do with pop culture soooooo... :colors:
Pops Owned: 32
Newest: Dr. Ian Malcolm
Oldest: Krypto the Superdog

Pops:
Types:
DC: 7
Animation: 7
Television: 5
Movies: 5
8-Bit: 2
Disney: 2
Star Wars: 2
Funko Originals: 1
6": 1
Key chains: 1

Pint Size Heroes:
Martian

User avatar
skillawashere
Posts: 921
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 3:31 am

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby skillawashere » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:41 am

I see a lot of possibilities with the anniversary coming next year.
Priscilla: Therapist that spends too much money on Funko items

User avatar
Tusken
Posts: 2415
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby Tusken » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:33 pm

skillawashere wrote:I see a lot of possibilities with the anniversary coming next year.


They could go so many directions but would love to see them expand on new heroes and villains. Stop with Batman. :freddy3:
Image Image Image Image Image

runtodere
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 1:33 am

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby runtodere » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:36 pm

Tusken wrote:
skillawashere wrote:I see a lot of possibilities with the anniversary coming next year.


They could go so many directions but would love to see them expand on new heroes and villains. Stop with Batman. :freddy3:

Dc has so many cool weird villains. Would love to see a wave of those

Brunodog
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:06 am

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby Brunodog » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:20 pm

runtodere wrote:
Tusken wrote:
skillawashere wrote:I see a lot of possibilities with the anniversary coming next year.


They could go so many directions but would love to see them expand on new heroes and villains. Stop with Batman. :freddy3:

Dc has so many cool weird villains. Would love to see a wave of those

Definitely. Condiment Man for the win :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Well I honestly like pretty much anything to do with pop culture soooooo... :colors:
Pops Owned: 32
Newest: Dr. Ian Malcolm
Oldest: Krypto the Superdog

Pops:
Types:
DC: 7
Animation: 7
Television: 5
Movies: 5
8-Bit: 2
Disney: 2
Star Wars: 2
Funko Originals: 1
6": 1
Key chains: 1

Pint Size Heroes:
Martian

Elbarras1718
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:04 pm

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby Elbarras1718 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:25 pm

Have we gotten the Tim Burton Batman version? Now that and the jack Nicholson joker would be great. Let’s not forget, that started it all back in the late 80s/early 90s.

Elbarras1718
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:04 pm

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby Elbarras1718 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:26 pm

Also the super friends cartoons would be awesome, those cartoons were sick.

User avatar
Minyinz610
Posts: 685
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:11 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby Minyinz610 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:37 pm

Brunodog wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:DC characters we haven't seen before would be great instead of an onslaught of Batman and Harley variants. I second Detective Chimp and also ask for Zatanna, Doctor Fate, and some of the Leaguers we haven't seen yet. Also I'd love a redone Hawkman.

Oh yes, a redone Hawkman would be reat. I would love a redone Green Arrow, but not from the TV shows because I'm not into them. There's no way I'm paying what eBay asks for for Green Arrow and a bunch of other older characters so redoing it would be great.


I totally agree, I would love to see a new mold OG Green Arrow, Hawkman, and Two-Face.
Image

User avatar
Minyinz610
Posts: 685
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:11 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby Minyinz610 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:39 pm

I am hoping for a Flash (comic book) or Green Arrow (OG) Freddy Funko.
Image

User avatar
MrSmileyFace
Posts: 903
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:34 pm
Contact:

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby MrSmileyFace » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:39 pm

Elbarras1718 wrote:Also the super friends cartoons would be awesome, those cartoons were sick.


I did love that cartoon and also the Legion of Doom!
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector

Image
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Tusken
Posts: 2415
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby Tusken » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:22 pm

Minyinz610 wrote:I am hoping for a Flash (comic book) or Green Arrow (OG) Freddy Funko.


Freddy as Green Arrow would be AWESOME!! :freddy3:
Image Image Image Image Image

User avatar
x56735x
Posts: 324
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 3:14 am
Location: Tustin
Contact:

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby x56735x » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:01 pm

Moar Superman! I'm always in for more of the man of steel. Maybe a doomsday or death of superman?
ImageImage

User avatar
Minyinz610
Posts: 685
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:11 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby Minyinz610 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:06 pm

Tusken wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:I am hoping for a Flash (comic book) or Green Arrow (OG) Freddy Funko.


Freddy as Green Arrow would be AWESOME!! :freddy3:


I’m guessing it would be one of the few Freddys with facial hair. Only one I can think of is Tony Stark.
Image

JediMike1128
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:45 am

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby JediMike1128 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:58 am

x56735x wrote:Moar Superman! I'm always in for more of the man of steel. Maybe a doomsday or death of superman?


Agreed. Would love to see more love for Superman. Batman has all the fun! lol

Howardthepop
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:13 pm

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby Howardthepop » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:38 am

JediMike1128 wrote:
x56735x wrote:Moar Superman! I'm always in for more of the man of steel. Maybe a doomsday or death of superman?


Agreed. Would love to see more love for Superman. Batman has all the fun! lol


I would love it if they recreated the cover of Action Comics #1. How cool would that be to have that recreated by Funko. I would go nuts.

JediMike1128
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:45 am

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby JediMike1128 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:32 pm

Oh yeah! In fact it would be awesome if they recreated famous comic book covers! Kind of like POP Movie Moments but POP Comic Book Moments!

Funko_boy13
Posts: 537
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:50 pm

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby Funko_boy13 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:42 pm

I wouldn’t mind seeing a Dr. Fate pop.

User avatar
Tusken
Posts: 2415
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: DC 85th Anniversary next year

Postby Tusken » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:08 am

Funko_boy13 wrote:I wouldn’t mind seeing a Dr. Fate pop.


I would love to see a Dr Fate pop join the DC world. :freddy3:
Image Image Image Image Image


Return to “Pop!”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BrooklynJava, MiniPop, superkatchick, Vertigo813