Conan Pops Confirmed: Iron Man, Jon Snow, Pennywise, Woody

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
StarWarsFunkoGirl

Re: Conan Pops Confirmed: Iron Man, Jon Snow, Pennywise, Woody

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:59 pm

I was lucky enough to win the Pennywise Conan from the code word contest
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

islander671

Postby islander671 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:23 pm

FlpnGino wrote:
islander671 wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
I overheard it was some hush hush event or something and if you showed them you had service with At&T they would give you a full set of conan pops. A few friends heard about it and wanted to try to do it the next day, but never did. Getting one pop still better then no pops.

Thanks for this info w00tw00t! Would you happen to know if this occurred at CocoHouse? or at another location?

I wouldn't say it was hush hush. lol It was on the schedule. It was basically a happy hour with free food and drinks at the cocohouse that was sponsored by AT&T. On Thursday, if you went and showed them that your phone had AT&T service, they gave you the complete set of Conan pops. On Friday, if you went and showed them you had AT&T service, they gave you Pennywise. The first 50 also got Jon Snow at the door. It was free to attend and you didn't need a ticket.

It was different because all the other events required a ticket and only after all ticketed guests got in they started allowing standby. On Thursday it wasn't an issue because everyone who got in got pops. On Friday, they went back to first 50 guests got pops, so people had to line up early.

Thanks FlpnGino, for clarifying this! I honestly did not hear about this, but then again a lot happens at SDCC
ImageImageImage

Takit0

Postby Takit0 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:48 pm

Sonic77 wrote:Curious did anyone do Midnight at Coco's? Heard they just turned it into a club at that point so wasn't sure if they gave out out Pops or not during it.

I went to the last Midnight @ Coco's and they gave out one Pop to everyone there. You had a chance to get anyone of them. If you didn't like what you got, TeamCoco staff told you to go find someone to trade with.

From what I was told, nothing happened during the first two Midnight @ Coco's; however, I can't personally confirm that.

blue85butterfly

Postby blue85butterfly » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:59 pm

I don't know which one I want more Conanwise or Conan Snow.

Pennywise would go with my Freddy and pennywise set.

Jon Snow I collected every Jon Snow since it was my first proto.

Thoughts to help me.

FlpnGino

Postby FlpnGino » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:03 pm

Takit0 wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:Curious did anyone do Midnight at Coco's? Heard they just turned it into a club at that point so wasn't sure if they gave out out Pops or not during it.

I went to the last Midnight @ Coco's and they gave out one Pop to everyone there. You had a chance to get anyone of them. If you didn't like what you got, TeamCoco staff told you to go find someone to trade with.

From what I was told, nothing happened during the first two Midnight @ Coco's; however, I can't personally confirm that.

I heard the same thing. People were upset they waited for the midnight show the first two nights and they didn't get anything.

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:28 pm

FlpnGino wrote:
islander671 wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
I overheard it was some hush hush event or something and if you showed them you had service with At&T they would give you a full set of conan pops. A few friends heard about it and wanted to try to do it the next day, but never did. Getting one pop still better then no pops.

Thanks for this info w00tw00t! Would you happen to know if this occurred at CocoHouse? or at another location?

I wouldn't say it was hush hush. lol It was on the schedule. It was basically a happy hour with free food and drinks at the cocohouse that was sponsored by AT&T. On Thursday, if you went and showed them that your phone had AT&T service, they gave you the complete set of Conan pops. On Friday, if you went and showed them you had AT&T service, they gave you Pennywise. The first 50 also got Jon Snow at the door. It was free to attend and you didn't need a ticket.

It was different because all the other events required a ticket and only after all ticketed guests got in they started allowing standby. On Thursday it wasn't an issue because everyone who got in got pops. On Friday, they went back to first 50 guests got pops, so people had to line up early.

ah thanks! I guess maybe the hush hush part was them handing out the set. Congrats to those that got the set. I'm glad they are making it available at different venues versus strictly Conan show taping only.
iso: marvin the martian dorbz 9"
marvin the martian whacky wobbler 20"

Jaybrd1095

Postby Jaybrd1095 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:52 pm

Awesome lineup again

Jeffvela710

Postby Jeffvela710 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:00 pm

This line up was the best one to date!!!

draemar

Postby draemar » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:08 pm

Nemesis989 wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
islander671 wrote:

Sorry if this was answered before, but what was AT&T power hour?

We showed up maybe 10 minutes before the doors opened and got in fine, they gave us a pop. Then the standby line got in and they all got pops, no problem. I heard people in line talking about a power hour event, but there was nothing like that at the show I went to

I'm sure every show was different. We saw most of the people who got pops just walk out a few minutes later.
ImageImageImage

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:14 pm

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:I was lucky enough to win the Pennywise Conan from the code word contest

Oh you really did get lucky. That's the only one I really wanted. Didn't get tickets for the taping nor did I win with the code words. Oh well I will end up getting one :freddy4: :freddy4:

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:04 pm

draemar wrote:
Nemesis989 wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:

We showed up maybe 10 minutes before the doors opened and got in fine, they gave us a pop. Then the standby line got in and they all got pops, no problem. I heard people in line talking about a power hour event, but there was nothing like that at the show I went to

I'm sure every show was different. We saw most of the people who got pops just walk out a few minutes later.

I assumed most of them left to try coming back in through the standby line for a double dip. I was secretly hoping they didn't make it back in. It felt a little disrespectful to the establishment and the comedians
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:35 pm

Managed to get the whole set. Lots of back and forth from the con but well worth it. A few trades and lots of waiting around paid off.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:42 pm

Wanted to get in line for the midnight slots but my schedule never permitted me too! One of my regrets was not queueing for the non-ticketed shows, but I did get in on Saturday afternoon for the triple header stand up (was an experience in of itself)
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:40 pm

KidMarvel wrote:Wanted to get in line for the midnight slots but my schedule never permitted me too! One of my regrets was not queueing for the non-ticketed shows, but I did get in on Saturday afternoon for the triple header stand up (was an experience in of itself)

I was at two shows before the midnight ones and the rumors in the line were they did not give any out Thursday or Friday night at midnight. I can say that they gave Pennywise to everyone coming in for the very last midnight show as I saw them setting the table!
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:59 pm

Picked up 3 of the 4 Conan’s this year at coco house. Only missing iron man Conan to complete my Conan’s :(
Instagram- calebshiny

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:18 pm

loved the conan pops this year! kind of like paying tribute to series that ended (Toy Story, Marvel Phase 4, Game of Thrones), except for Pennywise, but that was the coolest design of all since the face is painted and doesn't feel like a head swap haha. though jon snow conan does have the face scars.
ImageImage

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:34 pm

gospeedracer wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:I was lucky enough to win the Pennywise Conan from the code word contest

Oh you really did get lucky. That's the only one I really wanted. Didn't get tickets for the taping nor did I win with the code words. Oh well I will end up getting one :freddy4: :freddy4:

So sorry, let me know if you are still looking for it.
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:58 pm

FunkoLoco wrote:loved the conan pops this year! kind of like paying tribute to series that ended (Toy Story, Marvel Phase 4, Game of Thrones), except for Pennywise, but that was the coolest design of all since the face is painted and doesn't feel like a head swap haha. though jon snow conan does have the face scars.

And pt 2 is the end of the IT story.

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:28 pm

FredKruger wrote:
FunkoLoco wrote:loved the conan pops this year! kind of like paying tribute to series that ended (Toy Story, Marvel Phase 4, Game of Thrones), except for Pennywise, but that was the coolest design of all since the face is painted and doesn't feel like a head swap haha. though jon snow conan does have the face scars.

Good point lol
ImageImage

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:03 pm

Ooooo never thought of it that way - great observation!
Keep the MOTU line coming! :cherry:
Image Image Image Image Image

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:09 pm

FunkoLoco wrote:
FredKruger wrote:

Good point lol

I bet we will get a third movie if the film turns out to be good/successful. Money talks regardless what the source material says.
:freddy1:

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:53 am

Mario Wario wrote:
FunkoLoco wrote:
FredKruger wrote:

Good point lol

I bet we will get a third movie if the film turns out to be good/successful. Money talks regardless what the source material says.

I mean, if they go full cash grab maybe. More likely would be original story set before the 7, and maybe in the 20's. Hope not. They can just do a good job here I hope.

Marvelfanatic86

Postby Marvelfanatic86 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:55 am

Iron man Conan was my favorite !
▪️Funko Collector circa 2014
▪️Pop Count 2000+
▪️Comic Con Enthusiast
▪️NYCC - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021,2022
▪️SDCC - 2019, 2022, 2023
▪️Fundays - 2019, 2022, 2023

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:00 am

Hopefully i can find an Iron Man Conan for a decent price.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:54 am

Nemesis989 wrote:
draemar wrote:
Nemesis989 wrote:

I assumed most of them left to try coming back in through the standby line for a double dip. I was secretly hoping they didn't make it back in. It felt a little disrespectful to the establishment and the comedians

oh wow that actually happened? Dang that some shady stuff. like some have said they handed it out at the end, so i guess they need to start doing that more. yeah def a disrespect to the establishment and the comedians.

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:24 pm

FredKruger wrote:
Mario Wario wrote:
FunkoLoco wrote:
Good point lol

I mean, if they go full cash grab maybe. More likely would be original story set before the 7, and maybe in the 20's. Hope not. They can just do a good job here I hope.

Like life, Hollywood tends to find a way...to milk a franchise that is. ;)
:freddy1:

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:50 pm

Mario Wario wrote:
FredKruger wrote:
Mario Wario wrote:I bet we will get a third movie if the film turns out to be good/successful. Money talks regardless what the source material says.

True. Maybe we'll see more? :-k
ImageImage

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:25 pm

FunkoLoco wrote:
Mario Wario wrote:
FredKruger wrote:

True. Maybe we'll see more? :-k

I mean, we have 2 Gears of War games that came out after all the Locust were literally obliterated. So I guess Money finds a way sometimes.

Love the IT novel, so hope they have a good ending in part 2. We dont need a part 3.

Gman18251

Postby Gman18251 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:01 am

I was lucky to get the one I really wanted (pennywise) from the Scarediego event . We went to Thurs midnight at cocos and watched as all the attendees of the 1030 comedy show got handed the Jon snow pop. The 1200 people only got in to buy drinks no pops .
:freddy4: love Pop collecting, mainly into rick and morty , all Star Wars, GOT and Marvel .

Leechinyuan

Postby Leechinyuan » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:19 am

This years Conan were all amazing!Especially Ironman Conan!!!!

Pop count : 175
Yes i'm newbie :compress:

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:55 am

Leechinyuan wrote:This years Conan were all amazing!Especially Ironman Conan!!!!

I really love the ironman and woody conan. Two of my favorite connas from the last several years.
Collecting since 2014

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:02 am

islander671 wrote:
FlpnGino wrote:
islander671 wrote:

Thanks FlpnGino, for clarifying this! I honestly did not hear about this, but then again a lot happens at SDCC

I had heard about the power hour, but had no idea they had offered a full set of pops the first day, that's amazing! Congrats to those that got that! I wouldn't have won, I have T-Mobile. :roflmao:

Cyrusclops

Postby Cyrusclops » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:07 am

I really like toy story but I felt that the Conan woody is just a lazy head swap

Cyrusclops

Postby Cyrusclops » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:11 am

I really like toy story but I felt that the Conan woody is just a lazy head swap

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:28 am

Cyrusclops wrote:I really like toy story but I felt that the Conan woody is just a lazy head swap

Agreed. They’re not terrible but Woody and Jon Snow didn’t feel too inventive in design IMO. I didn’t even recognize who the Jon Snow one was supposed to be at first look.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

akimotomitsuki

Postby akimotomitsuki » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:04 am

I attempted but failed to get any of these lol but would have loved to have a conan ironman <3
Aries Strength/Weakness
Basically, I'm enthusiastic about expanding my toy collection which I'm passionate about. I'm optimistic about not going broke & becoming homeless due to my impulsive collecting behavior on top of the fact that I can be impatient & pre-order too much which could lead me to going broke & being homeless. BUT in that case, my aggressive side will serve me well because if you tryna take my toys, I'mma fight you. It's a vicious cycle. ;-) FOOD & TOYS = LIFE <3

FerrisGuy3

Postby FerrisGuy3 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:31 am

I was able to get the Conanwise pop. Would love to get the Iron Man one eventually
Hi, I’m Tom. Michigan Based Funatic collecting since 2014

FlpnGino

Postby FlpnGino » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:22 pm

angeladominguez wrote:
islander671 wrote:
FlpnGino wrote:

I had heard about the power hour, but had no idea they had offered a full set of pops the first day, that's amazing! Congrats to those that got that! I wouldn't have won, I have T-Mobile. :roflmao:

I saw people literally handing their phone off to someone in line as soon as they got theirs.

draemar

Postby draemar » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:27 pm

w00tw00t wrote:
Nemesis989 wrote:
draemar wrote:

oh wow that actually happened? Dang that some shady stuff. like some have said they handed it out at the end, so i guess they need to start doing that more. yeah def a disrespect to the establishment and the comedians.

The comedians were funny.... sucked that the crowd wasn't really there for the show. There were times were I LOL'd and barely heard much laughter elsewhere.
ImageImageImage

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:28 pm

draemar wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
Nemesis989 wrote:

The comedians were funny.... sucked that the crowd wasn't really there for the show. There were times were I LOL'd and barely heard much laughter elsewhere.

I guess the only way to draw a crowd in with pops. I'm sure if they marketed to people walking around downtown they wouldn't need to hang out pops. I'm sure there are a lot of people just looking for a good time and some alcohol.

Return to “Pop!”