Conan Pops Confirmed: Iron Man, Jon Snow, Pennywise, Woody

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
draemar

Re: Conan Pops Confirmed: Iron Man, Jon Snow, Pennywise, Woody

Postby draemar » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:32 pm

I also think they should have issued more tickets than seating since a saturday night at sdcc, you've got 100 different choices, so chances are people with tickets won't even show up. The ENTIRE standby line got in, and there was space left.
ImageImageImage

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:35 pm

w00tw00t wrote:
draemar wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
oh wow that actually happened? Dang that some shady stuff. like some have said they handed it out at the end, so i guess they need to start doing that more. yeah def a disrespect to the establishment and the comedians.

The comedians were funny.... sucked that the crowd wasn't really there for the show. There were times were I LOL'd and barely heard much laughter elsewhere.

I guess the only way to draw a crowd in with pops. I'm sure if they marketed to people walking around downtown they wouldn't need to hang out pops. I'm sure there are a lot of people just looking for a good time and some alcohol.

There were people who didn't care about the pops, but they were few and far between. I saw someone rest their drink cup on top of one for a second. I also saw a lady just toss it into her purse. But yeah, the majority of people were there for the giveaway.
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

Shadowfyre

Postby Shadowfyre » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:49 pm

Did any of the Pops actually fit into the theme of his show with the exception of IT (since he had the cast there that day)?
Hi, my name is Shady or as some would say Randi with an i

World of Warcraft Veteran & Feral Druid main

I have been collecting for about 8 years now - I attended my first Fundays in 2017!

Very first pop - Godzilla (Burning)

I currently collect:
*Anything that looks interesting!
*Maleficent* - would someday LOVE to own a Maleficent dragon proto!
MLP - Pony Power!
Some Disney, Sonic, Godzilla & Freddys!

:mal:

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Postby jedik6 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:05 pm

Nemesis989 wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
draemar wrote:
The comedians were funny.... sucked that the crowd wasn't really there for the show. There were times were I LOL'd and barely heard much laughter elsewhere.

I guess the only way to draw a crowd in with pops. I'm sure if they marketed to people walking around downtown they wouldn't need to hang out pops. I'm sure there are a lot of people just looking for a good time and some alcohol.

There were people who didn't care about the pops, but they were few and far between. I saw someone rest their drink cup on top of one for a second. I also saw a lady just toss it into her purse. But yeah, the majority of people were there for the giveaway.

Which is super unfortunate because my brother is one of the few people that actually wanted to go for the comedians and Conan. He's a Conan fan so he loves the shows. He even loves Final Space - which most people have no clue what that is - and wanted to just get a chance at that even. He did want an Iron Man Conan but that was secondary to his just wanting to attend Team Coco shows.
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023
ISO Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel MCU
Wednesday Addams Netflix Proto

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:15 pm

Nemesis989 wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
draemar wrote:

Yeah, that figures. Oh well can't win them all. I might give it a try next year if they bring it back.
iso: marvin the martian dorbz 9"
marvin the martian whacky wobbler 20"

MONSTER

Postby MONSTER » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:17 pm

draemar wrote:I also think they should have issued more tickets than seating since a saturday night at sdcc, you've got 100 different choices, so chances are people with tickets won't even show up. The ENTIRE standby line got in, and there was space left.

Really?!?!

and I still can't get picked to go lol

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:15 pm

draemar wrote:I also think they should have issued more tickets than seating since a saturday night at sdcc, you've got 100 different choices, so chances are people with tickets won't even show up. The ENTIRE standby line got in, and there was space left.

I am kicking myself now! Went to Marriott and got Reis to sign some TG and then I was only a block away at FYE waiting to get Ron English to sign some stuff for me and some Garbage Pail Kids stuff also signed. Ran into Mike when waiting for them to show up. Walked up after we got done but was over. I guess it is always next year. Really wanted all the Conan pops but only ended up with Jon Snow.

draemar

Postby draemar » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:40 pm

MONSTER wrote:

Really?!?!

This was for Conan House. Much easier to get into than Conan tapings. haha!
ImageImageImage

MONSTER

Postby MONSTER » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:17 pm

draemar wrote:
MONSTER wrote:

Really?!?!

This was for Conan House. Much easier to get into than Conan tapings. haha!

Okay that makes more sense.

FunkoNerd

Postby FunkoNerd » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:03 am

Will people receive their online contest winnings before October?
:freddy1:

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:19 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

I am kicking myself now! Went to Marriott and got Reis to sign some TG and then I was only a block away at FYE waiting to get Ron English to sign some stuff for me and some Garbage Pail Kids stuff also signed. Ran into Mike when waiting for them to show up. Walked up after we got done but was over. I guess it is always next year. Really wanted all the Conan pops but only ended up with Jon Snow.

It sounds like you got to do some cool stuff though. The lesson I learned year after year is that it's just impossible to do everything
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

FlpnGino

Postby FlpnGino » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:46 pm

Nemesis989 wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

It sounds like you got to do some cool stuff though. The lesson I learned year after year is that it's just impossible to do everything

Facts.

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:29 pm

jedik6 wrote:
Nemesis989 wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:

Which is super unfortunate because my brother is one of the few people that actually wanted to go for the comedians and Conan. He's a Conan fan so he loves the shows. He even loves Final Space - which most people have no clue what that is - and wanted to just get a chance at that even. He did want an Iron Man Conan but that was secondary to his just wanting to attend Team Coco shows.

I was at the Final Space showing and enjoyed it thoroughly, and tried to enjoy it as much as I could with others talking while the table read was going on. I get it if you were only there for the pop or even if you just needed to take a break, but some of us really wanted to enjoy the show. Unfortunate that seating was first come first serve, and lucky even if you got a seat! I made it work though, stayed and got the giveaway poster signed too and took a pic with Olan.
Funatic of all things Funko!!

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:38 pm

First time in Sdcc and just being in queues chatting with people was an eye opening experience lol. Team Coco queue was definitely one of my fondest memories of my trip :D
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Postby jedik6 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:45 pm

2017fanatic wrote:
jedik6 wrote:
Nemesis989 wrote:

I was at the Final Space showing and enjoyed it thoroughly, and tried to enjoy it as much as I could with others talking while the table read was going on. I get it if you were only there for the pop or even if you just needed to take a break, but some of us really wanted to enjoy the show. Unfortunate that seating was first come first serve, and lucky even if you got a seat! I made it work though, stayed and got the giveaway poster signed too and took a pic with Olan.

At least you: a) know what that is b) appreciate Olan and the show. Not too many folks do. It's a clever and under appreciated show.
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023
ISO Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel MCU
Wednesday Addams Netflix Proto

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:33 pm

FlpnGino wrote:
Nemesis989 wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

Facts.

So true! It all was definitely a blast and you definitely do not have enough time for everything. Took me 3 days just to get back on my feet after getting home. It's always next year.

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:59 pm

2017fanatic wrote:
jedik6 wrote:
Nemesis989 wrote:

Nice on going to the Final Space show, I went last year during their team coco event Olan and the team were so awesome. Had tickets for this year also but had a conflict so gave it to my friend but he said the same thing as you. He was saying that people were literally just lined up between 8-9am for the 2pm show to get the Pop and didn't care for the show, making it annoying for everyone else trying to enjoy it.

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:42 pm

Typale wrote:These look badass!!!

Aside from last year these are pretty dam amazing. Pennywise looks so smooth. Did you get any of them?
Image Image

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:44 pm

KidMarvel wrote:First time in Sdcc and just being in queues chatting with people was an eye opening experience lol. Team Coco queue was definitely one of my fondest memories of my trip :D

That’s the best thing about sdcc. You get to do so much and meet so many new people. I sometimes forget that and spend too much time inside the convention
Image Image

Westlos420

Postby Westlos420 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:55 pm

I struck out on all conans this year.
Big D
Fundays 2017 - Making Fun World Premiere - FDO8LV - Fundays 2019 - FunKon
Star Wars Celebration 2022 - Fundays 2022
Dodgers for life!

IG: funko420

Batcavehero24

Postby Batcavehero24 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:57 pm

Via trades and attending a couple of shows I was able to attain all 4 at Sdcc! Pennywise looks the best!
:SW7a:

MAKING FUN PREMIERE
FDO8
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
SDCC 06-07 15-23
FUNDAYS 18-19-22
FUNKON 21
WONDERCON 23

Typale

Postby Typale » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:14 pm

BestDadEver wrote:

Aside from last year these are pretty dam amazing. Pennywise looks so smooth. Did you get any of them?

I got a woody and a Ironman but would have preferred pennywise.
As Brian Mariotti once said.... Go boxless, it’s more fun!

Image Image

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:41 am

BestDadEver wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:First time in Sdcc and just being in queues chatting with people was an eye opening experience lol. Team Coco queue was definitely one of my fondest memories of my trip :D

That’s the best thing about sdcc. You get to do so much and meet so many new people. I sometimes forget that and spend too much time inside the convention

Im just happy my claustrophobia remained in check and I was able to enjoy my maiden SDCC experience. The people I met were definitely awesome!
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:48 am

Batcavehero24 wrote:Via trades and attending a couple of shows I was able to attain all 4 at Sdcc! Pennywise looks the best!

I managed to get the set also by attending a few shows. T At the AT&T power hour if your were a at&t member they gave you a box with the whole set. No tickets needed.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:50 am

FlpnGino wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:
islander671 wrote:
Thanks FlpnGino, for clarifying this! I honestly did not hear about this, but then again a lot happens at SDCC

I had heard about the power hour, but had no idea they had offered a full set of pops the first day, that's amazing! Congrats to those that got that! I wouldn't have won, I have T-Mobile. :roflmao:

I saw people literally handing their phone off to someone in line as soon as they got theirs.

What about internet service? We use AT&T! lol

darla5254

Postby darla5254 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:38 am

This is a sad story, lesson is check your email. I had 4 tickets perfect for my family and all I needed to do was confirm them. Dumb me didnt see it, and when I tried to confirm was sold out. Wouldve been cool to get all woody and trade for the other ones to complete the set *super sad face* surprised all the standby line got in !

Batcavehero24

Postby Batcavehero24 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:57 am

darla5254 wrote:This is a sad story, lesson is check your email. I had 4 tickets perfect for my family and all I needed to do was confirm them. Dumb me didnt see it, and when I tried to confirm was sold out. Wouldve been cool to get all woody and trade for the other ones to complete the set *super sad face* surprised all the standby line got in !

Ughhh, this is the worst feeling. I had 4 tickets 2 years ago for GOT Conan show and I arrived at 10am to pick up my tickets and they sold out. I was perplexed at first how that's possible if I won 4 tickets but as soon as tickets were handed out to all the ppl who won tickets, they didn't delay and started giving tickets to the ppl at Will Call. Felt like someone punch me in my stomach
:SW7a:

MAKING FUN PREMIERE
FDO8
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
SDCC 06-07 15-23
FUNDAYS 18-19-22
FUNKON 21
WONDERCON 23

spidex

Postby spidex » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:06 am

Sigh..didn’t manage to win any Conan tickets and had to try my luck in getting in line for the free passes but i didn’t expect the line was so looooooooooooong..its like never ending..lol
Nonetheless, I will be fully prepare for next year..lesson learnt!
ImageImage
ImageImage

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wHy mE woRRy? :spiderman:
IG: www.instagram.com/spidexy

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:56 am

Struck out at SDCC with Conan pops. Still waiting for market to cool a bit to go after the two I want, Iron man and Woody
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

Pogiboy67

Postby Pogiboy67 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:54 am

still have yet to win a conan show ticket and conan pop from onine
:freddy2: POGIBOY67

ImageImageImage

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:41 pm

Typale wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:

I got a woody and a Ironman but would have preferred pennywise.

I’m sure you can find a Disney fanatic to trade woody for Pennywise!!!
Image Image

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:42 pm

KidMarvel wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:

Im just happy my claustrophobia remained in check and I was able to enjoy my maiden SDCC experience. The people I met were definitely awesome!

Happy to hear that!! It does get super crowded and that’s an understatement
Image Image

philipali

Postby philipali » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:37 pm

I really hope to complete this set soon.. They are awesome! However, they should have placed SDCC stickers on these.. That would look more cool.... Not sure why they started not including stickers on their Conans
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:37 pm

philipali wrote:I really hope to complete this set soon.. They are awesome! However, they should have placed SDCC stickers on these.. That would look more cool.... Not sure why they started not including stickers on their Conans

I prefer it with the TBS logo on them instead of the SDCC sticker. Mostly, because TBS might keep a few to give away at later times.

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:35 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
Batcavehero24 wrote:Via trades and attending a couple of shows I was able to attain all 4 at Sdcc! Pennywise looks the best!

I managed to get the set also by attending a few shows. T At the AT&T power hour if your were a at&t member they gave you a box with the whole set. No tickets needed.

I heard about this! I think it was only the first day, I went to another power hour and it was only 1 pop given to AT&T cellular users. I like how they were pretty strict with checking to make sure it was YOUR phone... enough loopholes nowadays for people to try and pull a fast one with screenshots, etc. lol. Just keep it fair yall!
Funatic of all things Funko!!

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:35 am

2017fanatic wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

I heard about this! I think it was only the first day, I went to another power hour and it was only 1 pop given to AT&T cellular users. I like how they were pretty strict with checking to make sure it was YOUR phone... enough loopholes nowadays for people to try and pull a fast one with screenshots, etc. lol. Just keep it fair yall!

Yup they were going into your phone and looking under settings your carrier. After it was verified the gave you and extra pop at different shows of the power hour. One of the other shows we attended they gave a sack back pack, mini portable charger, sunglasses and a random Conan pop as you walked in.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

philipali

Postby philipali » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:14 pm

nightbodega wrote:
philipali wrote:I really hope to complete this set soon.. They are awesome! However, they should have placed SDCC stickers on these.. That would look more cool.... Not sure why they started not including stickers on their Conans

I prefer it with the TBS logo on them instead of the SDCC sticker. Mostly, because TBS might keep a few to give away at later times.

well you have a point here... here's hoping to them dropping prices soon so i can snag them lol :D
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:19 pm

philipali wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

well you have a point here... here's hoping to them dropping prices soon so i can snag them lol :D

That is a very good point lol I STILL want the sticker lol
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:38 pm

philipali wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

best of luck. Hope you get them.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:39 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
philipali wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

That is a very good point lol I STILL want the sticker lol

:-$ :-$ lol lol

Return to “Pop!”