Fugitive Andy Dwyer vs Funko flagship Andy Dwyer

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
comic book guy

Re: Fugitive Andy Dwyer vs Funko flagship Andy Dwyer

Postby comic book guy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:19 pm

rexflexall wrote:Might stop by at SDCC!

I'll definitely be stopping by to try my luck on a box or two! [-o<
:king: Mike

peruwhite

Postby peruwhite » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:10 pm

So for discussion’s sake nobody on these boards has an issue with such a cult following kind of figure being this difficult to obtain because a Funko retailer/distributor decided they needed to clear unwanted inventory? Not hating, fully understand the business justifying the action but still...damn! Couldn’t it have been a super limited Spastik instead?! LMAO!
Funko isn’t just pops, it’s an idea that could lead the world to something better!

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:23 pm

peruwhite wrote:So for discussion’s sake nobody on these boards has an issue with such a cult following kind of figure being this difficult to obtain because a Funko retailer/distributor decided they needed to clear unwanted inventory? Not hating, fully understand the business justifying the action but still...damn! Couldn’t it have been a super limited Spastik instead?! LMAO!

Up vote. Gold Hopper (a pointless variant with no connection to source material) this is not. These are integral variants to a beloved character's story, of interest to many people outside of the hobby insider/rare piece crowd. I will never understand why they decided to make these so rare. It makes me a little sick to think how many of these will end up sealed in hard protectors in the grail display/vault of people who could not care less about the show instead of giving tons of P&R fans some OOB smiles.

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:43 pm

buried_by_pops wrote:
peruwhite wrote:So for discussion’s sake nobody on these boards has an issue with such a cult following kind of figure being this difficult to obtain because a Funko retailer/distributor decided they needed to clear unwanted inventory? Not hating, fully understand the business justifying the action but still...damn! Couldn’t it have been a super limited Spastik instead?! LMAO!

Up vote. Gold Hopper (a pointless variant with no connection to source material) this is not. These are integral variants to a beloved character's story, of interest to many people outside of the hobby insider/rare piece crowd. I will never understand why they decided to make these so rare. It makes me a little sick to think how many of these will end up sealed in hard protectors in the grail display/vault of people who could not care less about the show instead of giving tons of P&R fans some OOB smiles.

Please don't take offense to this but I'm sorry, I have to take a little umbrage with this comment. Whether these end up in people's collection that couldn't care less about the show, who cares if they don't? People can collect what they want, they shouldn't be admonished for it. I don't believe being more of a fan entitles anyone to something more than someone else.

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:45 pm

Fugly16 wrote:
buried_by_pops wrote:

Please don't take offense to this but I'm sorry, I have to take a little umbrage with this comment. Whether these end up in people's collection that couldn't care less about the show, who cares if they don't? People can collect what they want, they shouldn't be admonished for it. I don't believe being more of a fan entitles anyone to something more than someone else.

I don't think I was admonishing any of the collectors. I intended it as an admonishment of Funko. Based on the way this particular product was made and released, it was clearly not meant as a collectible for fans of the show, and as someone who fell in love with Funko Pops as an expression of my fandoms, rather than an investment or some zero sum game to be won, it saddens me to see a show I loved used in this way.

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:59 pm

buried_by_pops wrote:

I don't think this is a case where Funko just decided to make a super rare pop and give it to a distributor. The pics of this have been floating around for over a year. If I remember correctly, there wasn't a Parks and Rec line yet at all when Andy in mouse rat shirt was first seen. My theory is they were supposed to come out for HQ grand opening with a few other 500 piece pops and the release got cancelled for some reason. They gave leftover stock to Fugitive to release however they wanted. It could even be that Funko doesn't have the Parks and Rec licence so they can't officially sell Andy on their own. Maybe that's why he's only technically given away in mystery boxes. But that's pure speculation.

It sucks but Funko hasn't done a lot of really limited piece counts in awhile. I don't think they purposely did this to Parks and Rec fans.
Pop count: 300+ (lost count lol)
Dream Pop: Fantasy Barbarian Bakugo
ISO: Bakugo Proto, Picklez and Chester holo cards
Lines I Miss: Wetmore Forest, Boo Hollow

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:26 pm

Jade-Rex wrote:
buried_by_pops wrote:

I don't think this is a case where Funko just decided to make a super rare pop and give it to a distributor. The pics of this have been floating around for over a year. If I remember correctly, there wasn't a Parks and Rec line yet at all when Andy in mouse rat shirt was first seen. My theory is they were supposed to come out for HQ grand opening with a few other 500 piece pops and the release got cancelled for some reason. They gave leftover stock to Fugitive to release however they wanted. It could even be that Funko doesn't have the Parks and Rec licence so they can't officially sell Andy on their own. Maybe that's why he's only technically given away in mystery boxes. But that's pure speculation.

It sucks but Funko hasn't done a lot of really limited piece counts in awhile. I don't think they purposely did this to Parks and Rec fans.

If that were true, wouldn't it be nice to hear Funko say that?

jadekitten

Postby jadekitten » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:49 pm

renardchua wrote:
jadekitten wrote: As for waffles, i'd would also rather just pay the price it's going for rather than wasting my money for a "chance" to win it.

I can clearly see your disdain with blind boxes and waffles. lol lol lol

ahahaha i've only ever gotten guaranteed value boxes, but i'm done with that since i've gotten way too many things i've not wanted for a chance at that grand prize lol lol Better to focus that money into the actual pop i want. I do hate waffles though, breaks my heart when i see something good getting sold by a waffle x.x

Jwbaseketball

Postby Jwbaseketball » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:09 pm

I think they’re the same ones. But with Funko not announcing I guess we’ll never know
Jordon

Iron Man, Captain America, LOTR/Hobbit Fanatic.

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:51 am

Sarcasticguy wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:
Riddler3 wrote:One made it's debut at Fugitive this Saturday.

Did someone get one in their mystery box already?

Yeah, someone got a mystery box in store and pulled Mouse Rat Andy.

Wow, what luck! I hope it is cherished and not flipped...
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko
I hunt and collect with my boys
Maui Zaui all day long!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

Hawkeye_13

Postby Hawkeye_13 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:46 pm

I bought a $100 mystery box from fugitive online as an early birthday gift to myself. Fingers cossed!

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:50 pm

If any Funatics pulls this at SDCC, please post here. I would be interested in knowing how many there are and what the odds are/were :)
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:54 pm

Hawkeye_13 wrote:I bought a $100 mystery box from fugitive online as an early birthday gift to myself. Fingers cossed!

Here's hoping you get lucky!

I missed the $100 box, but got a $25 box. I wonder when they'll begin shipping.
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

24deagosto

Postby 24deagosto » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:24 pm

i missed both drops T_T i hope they do another one
Funko Fanstic :freddy2:

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:06 pm

Nemesis989 wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:
Dang those odds! I don't mind a nice mystery box every now and then but when I start to think of the odds and how much a company is making off of it, I get discouraged and just figure, let me spend my money on something else rather than taking the chance. Same with waffles... like I'll just pay the aftermarket price to guarantee it if I want it that bad.

I totally feel you when it comes to mystery box. It's a freaking gamble. The money spent could have just used collectively for the pop.

This is my feeling as well. Although if I ever scored on a mystery box...I would probably feel differently haha

Soooo mystery box for your this weekend? or a few?
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Hawkeye_13

Postby Hawkeye_13 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:58 pm

dmitch86 wrote:
Hawkeye_13 wrote:I bought a $100 mystery box from fugitive online as an early birthday gift to myself. Fingers cossed!

Here's hoping you get lucky!

I missed the $100 box, but got a $25 box. I wonder when they'll begin shipping.

I think august 5th?6th?

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:28 pm

Well, for those who miss out, there are some on eBay for the low, low price of $1,500!
Melissa

Measured Mayhem

Postby Measured Mayhem » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:33 pm

A few months ago when I was deprived of these Andy Dwyer POPs because they didn't exist and I thought they would never exist, I was fine. But now that I know some people can have them and I can't, Im super angry!!!!!! Rather have nobody get it then some people get it!
Remember, remember, the fifth of November

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:30 pm

Measured Mayhem wrote:A few months ago when I was deprived of these Andy Dwyer POPs because they didn't exist and I thought they would never exist, I was fine. But now that I know some people can have them and I can't, Im super angry!!!!!! Rather have nobody get it then some people get it!

You don’t think that’s a bit extreme?

Measured Mayhem

Postby Measured Mayhem » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:48 pm

Fugly16 wrote:
Measured Mayhem wrote:A few months ago when I was deprived of these Andy Dwyer POPs because they didn't exist and I thought they would never exist, I was fine. But now that I know some people can have them and I can't, Im super angry!!!!!! Rather have nobody get it then some people get it!

You don’t think that’s a bit extreme?

Nope. If there is a POP I want that I can't get, then nobody should get it. Be prepared to destroy all of your 1/12 Bloody Freddy Lannisters people!
Remember, remember, the fifth of November

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:16 pm

$100 vs $25 mystery box? What would you prefer?
IG: chasingvynl
Hello my name is Ken!
Pop Count: Too much
Main Line: GOT, WD, Disney, Simpsons, DBZ/DBS, Anime, Naruto
SDCC 17, SDCC 18, SDCC 19, ECCC 18, CRX 19, SDCC 22
ISO: Anime protos

Image Image

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:17 pm

Does anyone have an idea the ratio of the mouse rat Andy and the chase?
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:45 pm

lunarembrace wrote:Well, for those who miss out, there are some on eBay for the low, low price of $1,500!

Lol, and the chase of 1700.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:47 pm

So, I'm getting tired of this $25 mystery box lol. I've had a few with no freaking luck!!!
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

Jaxnole07

Postby Jaxnole07 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:55 pm

Shoriyuken wrote:
lunarembrace wrote:Well, for those who miss out, there are some on eBay for the low, low price of $1,500!

And this is why I want to sell off my P&R set. It’s like just when you think you’ve got a nice set complete, BAM a super rare one comes out that will be out of your price range. And still no Donna!

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:19 pm

Jaxnole07 wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:

And this is why I want to sell off my P&R set. It’s like just when you think you’ve got a nice set complete, BAM a super rare one comes out that will be out of your price range. And still no Donna!

It's just like the stranger things collectors from last year.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:20 pm

Gold Hopper showed up and then boom. Rip ST collectors.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:21 pm

Anyone got lucky with $25 box at the con?
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

Jaxnole07

Postby Jaxnole07 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:22 pm

The Gold Hopper is in a whole new stratosphere in that line. These 2 Andys are variant of his character over the show but not a Chrome/gold/silver Pop. Would’ve been better had it been a few thousand run.

funkobry

Postby funkobry » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:07 am

Wish they sold them separately instead of in mystery boxes [-o<

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:12 am

Saw some dude on reddit got one in a $25 box

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:34 am

I don't think you can really compare this to the gold Hopper from Fundays because it doesn't really compare when it's doesn't fundamentally mean anything to the show. Hopper is never doused in gold. Although I know there are some super completionists who will want absolutely everything from a particular line or show, no matter what. I'm only a kind of completionist because I want my pieces to mean something from the show or something. The only chrome piece I own is a Freddy. He can be whatever he wants. Haha.

Mouse Rat and Johnny Karate are basically essential to Parks & Rec. It would be nice if Funko did make some kind of variant for these molds, though. Johnny Karate also had a black robe in some episodes. I'd be okay with that. It's kind of hard to have a variant of the Mouse Rat t-shirt, though, and he wore it in so many episodes. Hopefully it wouldn't make those mad who ended up with the more rare exclusives, but I'd like to see some variants! =oP

Not to mention we seriously need the whole crew. Need Donna, Ben, Ann, Chris, Jerry Garry, and more.
Melissa

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:56 am

lunarembrace wrote:I don't think you can really compare this to the gold Hopper from Fundays because it doesn't really compare when it's doesn't fundamentally mean anything to the show. Hopper is never doused in gold. Although I know there are some super completionists who will want absolutely everything from a particular line or show, no matter what. I'm only a kind of completionist because I want my pieces to mean something from the show or something. The only chrome piece I own is a Freddy. He can be whatever he wants. Haha.

Mouse Rat and Johnny Karate are basically essential to Parks & Rec. It would be nice if Funko did make some kind of variant for these molds, though. Johnny Karate also had a black robe in some episodes. I'd be okay with that. It's kind of hard to have a variant of the Mouse Rat t-shirt, though, and he wore it in so many episodes. Hopefully it wouldn't make those mad who ended up with the more rare exclusives, but I'd like to see some variants! =oP

Not to mention we seriously need the whole crew. Need Donna, Ben, Ann, Chris, Jerry Garry, and more.

I really want a Jerry, Garry, Larry 3 pack.. LMAO and one of them needs a stain on his shirt
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:58 am

dmitch86 wrote:
lunarembrace wrote:Not to mention we seriously need the whole crew. Need Donna, Ben, Ann, Chris, Jerry Garry, and more.

I really want a Jerry, Garry, Larry 3 pack.. LMAO and one of them needs a stain on his shirt

If it were a 3-pack, it would need: a stained Jerry, Larry with his belt looped into a chair, and Garry choking on a cracker. lol.
Melissa

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:09 am

Fugly16 wrote:
buried_by_pops wrote:

I kinda agree with you on that. There are people that collect Grails and ultra hard to find pieces and collect them just because of their rarity.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:52 pm

So this happened
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

Rcolwell20

Postby Rcolwell20 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:56 pm

Shoriyuken wrote:So this happened

Congrats! That’s an awsome piece
:freddy2:
Hi, I’m Rob. I love being a Funatic and my biggest fandoms are ad icons and Freddys as characters sprinkled in with a few random things. Also I am big into collecting POP! Pez. I hope to make as many friends on here as I can. Always great meeting other Funatics
Funklub#9872

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:57 pm

Rcolwell20 wrote:

Congrats! That’s an awsome piece

Thanks, I was and still in shock. I didn't really expected it.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:27 pm

I tried for one at the con and struck out,
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

jarjar124

Postby jarjar124 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:57 pm

So jealous. Congrats!

Disappointed they decided to make these a limited run. My Parks and Rec set gonna be almost impossible to complete now :blush: ](*,)

Return to “Pop!”