2019 Freddy's!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
OG SLUMPURT

Re: 2019 Freddy's!

Postby OG SLUMPURT » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:01 pm

Fugly16 wrote:
OG SLUMPURT wrote:
spidex wrote:
Wow..a really sweet score on both!! =D>

Well my gf got glow rick and I got the bloody chucky. Buuuut. I kinda consider it "our" collection lol

Every time a couple says that they collect together, I can't help but think of that divorced beanie babies photo

LOL damn. Ive already heard stories like this for funko
OG SLUMPURT
:freddy2:

HiroSevet

Postby HiroSevet » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:03 pm

Big boy is so rad

Vertigo813

Postby Vertigo813 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:36 pm

Stat32111 wrote:
Vertigo813 wrote:
Stat32111 wrote:My box at fundays had ant man and 2 tikis... and my bud had a frank, c3po and 1 tiki... who knows though lol

Was one of your tikis a 1600 piece one?

Yes traded it for a colonel Freddy lol

Oh wow, that was a really good trade for you. :)
Image Image

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:41 pm

I think it'd be really cool if every once and a great while they put a Freddy like from Fundays up on the Funko shop. Although, that would probably be a second market disaster lol
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:15 pm

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
I think I'm getting to that point. And I'll have to rotate them. More work, but they're worth it!

That's what I do, rotate a few of them every so often or when I get some new ones.

I've heard this from a few people that have said it really works out well for them. The next question then becomes...where do I store the non-displayed ones? I'm thinking a locking tub in a closet would be safest!

THat's pretty much how it is, rest in boxes or stacked up with the next bundle of favorites.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:26 pm

GettingSodas wrote:I think it'd be really cool if every once and a great while they put a Freddy like from Fundays up on the Funko shop. Although, that would probably be a second market disaster lol

I agree with you that would be cool, but that would take the exclusivity away from those attending Fundays. I really like the retro Freddys they are making, but I wish they would go back to making them 6in vinyl figures.
Hi!!! My name is Noah. Pop collector since 2016.
ImageImageImage

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:40 am

Vertigo813 wrote:
Stat32111 wrote:
Vertigo813 wrote:Was one of your tikis a 1600 piece one?

Yes traded it for a colonel Freddy lol

Yep, surprised how many people traded away Freddie’s for anything else at fundays cause they don’t collect them.
Instagram- calebshiny

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:24 am

Leechinyuan wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:
Leechinyuan wrote:
Yes it super cool! Hoping can get one!

Let’s help each other!

Yes help
Neeeded!

Yes!! Help please! Those of us working stiffs on the west coast are out of luck on this one.

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:55 am

Minyinz610 wrote:
GettingSodas wrote:I think it'd be really cool if every once and a great while they put a Freddy like from Fundays up on the Funko shop. Although, that would probably be a second market disaster lol

I agree with you that would be cool, but that would take the exclusivity away from those attending Fundays. I really like the retro Freddys they are making, but I wish they would go back to making them 6in vinyl figures.

Yeah good point
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

k05cube

Postby k05cube » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:12 pm

kelvinwong wrote:
k05cube wrote:
spidex wrote:
I am not crazy.. told you is a disease.. a sickness that can’t be cured.. lol lol

lol u need doctor jas lol

I think he needs more than a doctor! Maybe intervention

lol maybe just maybe lol
:freddy2: Darth Maul Rules!

zackispoppin

Postby zackispoppin » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:08 pm

Minyinz610 wrote:

I think it would be awesome if they put Fundays Freddies on the shop. It would take away from the exclusivity but some really deserving collectors don't get to attend and would love to have some of the pieces from the event without paying ridiculous eBay prices.
Yes... we're still here! Hoping Fundays 2024 will be my first! :bounce:

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:52 pm

zackispoppin wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:

I think it would be awesome if they put Fundays Freddies on the shop. It would take away from the exclusivity but some really deserving collectors don't get to attend and would love to have some of the pieces from the event without paying ridiculous eBay prices.

I agree with that but they have been releasing the online Box of Fun, which I think gives funko collectors a shot at more exclusive Freddy Funko pieces.
ImageImageImage

Purplelady

Postby Purplelady » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:28 pm

Stat32111 wrote:
Vertigo813 wrote:
Stat32111 wrote:Yes traded it for a colonel Freddy lol

Yep, surprised how many people traded away Freddie’s for anything else at fundays cause they don’t collect them.

Wow really! I wanted the Freddie’s....didn’t much like the tikis

chrislinkouswvu13

Postby chrislinkouswvu13 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:30 pm

The Frankenstein was probably my favorite from Fundays along with the Batman with surfboard.
Hey, I’m Chris.

IG/Twitter: GhostGang1322

:freddy3: Image ImageImageImageImageImage Image Image

Vertigo813

Postby Vertigo813 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:53 pm

Minyinz610 wrote:
zackispoppin wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:I agree with you that would be cool, but that would take the exclusivity away from those attending Fundays. I really like the retro Freddys they are making, but I wish they would go back to making them 6in vinyl figures.

I agree with that but they have been releasing the online Box of Fun, which I think gives funko collectors a shot at more exclusive Freddy Funko pieces.

I think the online box of fun was a really good solution to allow people not attending fundays to get some awesome Freddies. And this blind box, I feel, was the only fair way they could give people a chance to get a super limited Freddy outside of fundays or through a giveaway.
Image Image

zackispoppin

Postby zackispoppin » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:14 am

Minyinz610 wrote:
zackispoppin wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:I agree with you that would be cool, but that would take the exclusivity away from those attending Fundays. I really like the retro Freddys they are making, but I wish they would go back to making them 6in vinyl figures.

Yeah but the exclusivity plays a large roll as well. The smallest LE in this year’s shared box was 3000. The largest at Fundays itself was 1600. The boxes last year that went to the shop were anywhere from 1000pcs to 4000pcs if I’m not mistaken. It would be nice to have a shot at that big boy.

zackispoppin

Postby zackispoppin » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:16 am

Vertigo813 wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:
zackispoppin wrote:I think it would be awesome if they put Fundays Freddies on the shop. It would take away from the exclusivity but some really deserving collectors don't get to attend and would love to have some of the pieces from the event without paying ridiculous eBay prices.

I think the online box of fun was a really good solution to allow people not attending fundays to get some awesome Freddies. And this blind box, I feel, was the only fair way they could give people a chance to get a super limited Freddy outside of fundays or through a giveaway.

I agree. This year was really good at giving people a chance, but having say double the amount of freddies with these low edition sizes (1600-24) available at both fundays and online would make it just that much more appealing.

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:36 am

chrislinkouswvu13 wrote:The Frankenstein was probably my favorite from Fundays along with the Batman with surfboard.

That Frankenstein is awesome, such a great pop.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:29 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
That's what I do, rotate a few of them every so often or when I get some new ones.

I've heard this from a few people that have said it really works out well for them. The next question then becomes...where do I store the non-displayed ones? I'm thinking a locking tub in a closet would be safest!

THat's pretty much how it is, rest in boxes or stacked up with the next bundle of favorites.

I bought storage today! Plastic 3-drawer bins that hold 15 pops per drawer. Pulled some commons today so that I have more room for the special ones! Or things that I second guessed purchasing. Was kind of nice to clear some 'clutter' and make it easier to see the special ones! So now my fundays Freddy's are very nicely on a shelf in hard cases where they should be!
Image ImageImage Image

chrislinkouswvu13

Postby chrislinkouswvu13 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:42 am

The plastic tub is a great idea!!! I’ve been taking a lot more out of box lately and needed ideas.

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

I bought storage today! Plastic 3-drawer bins that hold 15 pops per drawer. Pulled some commons today so that I have more room for the special ones! Or things that I second guessed purchasing. Was kind of nice to clear some 'clutter' and make it easier to see the special ones! So now my fundays Freddy's are very nicely on a shelf in hard cases where they should be!
Hey, I’m Chris.

IG/Twitter: GhostGang1322

:freddy3: Image ImageImageImageImageImage Image Image

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:02 pm

Shipping notice received. The mystery will be revealed soon. Going to be a lot of posts (with a wide range of happiness) coming our way.
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:37 pm

Stat32111 wrote:
Vertigo813 wrote:
Stat32111 wrote:Yes traded it for a colonel Freddy lol

I traded away one of my LE400 GITD tikis for Freddy Aquaman, I was pretty happy about that.

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:12 pm

Fugly16 wrote:
Stat32111 wrote:
Vertigo813 wrote:Oh wow, that was a really good trade for you. :)

I traded away one of my LE400 GITD tikis for Freddy Aquaman, I was pretty happy about that.

Good trade. And the money difference is not horrendous.
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:18 pm

Can't wait to see what people get!
I decided to pass on this one (or more like while I was trying to decide, the mystery box sold out lol ), but GOOD LUCK to all the Funatics hoping for a Genie!
Keep the MOTU line coming! :cherry:
Image Image Image Image Image

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:27 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:Shipping notice received. The mystery will be revealed soon. Going to be a lot of posts (with a wide range of happiness) coming our way.

I received my shipping/tracking email today too. I'm like everyone else and hoping for pure happiness (Freddy Genie), but either way it's all good. I knew it was a gamble when I placed the order lol.

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:55 pm

Boymom4 wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:Shipping notice received. The mystery will be revealed soon. Going to be a lot of posts (with a wide range of happiness) coming our way.

I received my shipping/tracking email today too. I'm like everyone else and hoping for pure happiness (Freddy Genie), but either way it's all good. I knew it was a gamble when I placed the order lol.

I ordered one myself but felt immediate regret as soon as I hit order.

FunkoFresh253

Postby FunkoFresh253 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:11 pm

Fugly16 wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:

i think a lot of us felt that way. im accepting what i got into nd what to expect. anyway good luck
Team Goonies! Team Pop Protectors! Team Lumberjacks!Image

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:51 pm

Fugly16 wrote:
Stat32111 wrote:
Vertigo813 wrote:Oh wow, that was a really good trade for you. :)

Awesome trade! Was trying to trade for a big boy but the back of the box was completely ripped. I think when someone tried putting into the tiki tube
Instagram- calebshiny

Vertigo813

Postby Vertigo813 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:51 pm

FunkoFresh253 wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:I received my shipping/tracking email today too. I'm like everyone else and hoping for pure happiness (Freddy Genie), but either way it's all good. I knew it was a gamble when I placed the order lol.

i think a lot of us felt that way. im accepting what i got into nd what to expect. anyway good luck

I don’t have any regrets no matter how it turns out. Even if I don’t get a marquee item the price per exclusive was under the normal amount. And it is like buying a lottery ticket, it allowed my mind to wander for a few days on what might be.
Image Image

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:04 pm

zackispoppin wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:
zackispoppin wrote:I think it would be awesome if they put Fundays Freddies on the shop. It would take away from the exclusivity but some really deserving collectors don't get to attend and would love to have some of the pieces from the event without paying ridiculous eBay prices.

Yeah but the exclusivity plays a large roll as well. The smallest LE in this year’s shared box was 3000. The largest at Fundays itself was 1600. The boxes last year that went to the shop were anywhere from 1000pcs to 4000pcs if I’m not mistaken. It would be nice to have a shot at that big boy.

I think we are going to agree to disagree. I totally agree with you and really want an Aquaman and the Big Boy. I just understand that there are going to be pieces I will not be able to get at retail and will have to buy on the secondary market. I like the idea of giving the funatics in attendance more desirable pieces because they are actually attend the event. I have never attended a Fundays event. I enjoy the conversation.
ImageImageImage

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:07 pm

Vertigo813 wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:

I totally agree. I am glad funko made the mystery box to sell the Genie Freddys. I think Funko needs to save more desirable Freddys for those in attendance and I love the idea of making the Box of Fun to give other funatics, not in attendance, to get a shot at great Freddys also.
ImageImageImage

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:11 pm

I got shipping notification on Friday. I have been keeping my fingers crossed for a Genie since I ordered. Mine is coming on a Friday. I hope to see lots of pictures and unboxing videos for these boxes.
ImageImageImage

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:12 pm

Fugly16 wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:

I initially felt the same way but my birthday is Thursday, so I’m hoping for some good juju. :freddy2:
ImageImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:53 pm

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

You had a productive day lol
ImageImageImageImage

Markn12

Postby Markn12 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:58 pm

Vertigo813 wrote:
FunkoFresh253 wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

I don’t have any regrets no matter how it turns out. Even if I don’t get a marquee item the price per exclusive was under the normal amount. And it is like buying a lottery ticket, it allowed my mind to wander for a few days on what might be.

I feel the same way. I took a risk and am enjoying the anticipation.

zackispoppin

Postby zackispoppin » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:07 am

Minyinz610 wrote:
zackispoppin wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:

I think we are going to agree to disagree. I totally agree with you and really want an Aquaman and the Big Boy. I just understand that there are going to be pieces I will not be able to get at retail and will have to buy on the secondary market. I like the idea of giving the funatics in attendance more desirable pieces because they are actually attend the event. I have never attended a Fundays event. I enjoy the conversation.

But my point is not everyone gets a fair opportunity to go to Fundays. People leak the password or bot tickets which means unless you're one of the lucky few who get in through registration on here, which doesn't exactly follow the criteria advertised, there's not really any chance you'll get a ticket.

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:25 am

zackispoppin wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:
zackispoppin wrote:Yeah but the exclusivity plays a large roll as well. The smallest LE in this year’s shared box was 3000. The largest at Fundays itself was 1600. The boxes last year that went to the shop were anywhere from 1000pcs to 4000pcs if I’m not mistaken. It would be nice to have a shot at that big boy.

But my point is not everyone gets a fair opportunity to go to Fundays. People leak the password or bot tickets which means unless you're one of the lucky few who get in through registration on here, which doesn't exactly follow the criteria advertised, there's not really any chance you'll get a ticket.

I agree with that, but I just keep my fingers crossed that I will be able to go sometime in the near future. If not, I’ll try my luck on the secondary market.
ImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:15 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

chrislinkouswvu13 wrote:The plastic tub is a great idea!!! I’ve been taking a lot more out of box lately and needed ideas.

I was actually looking for a storage trunk looking thing, but walmart decided to be helpful and have these on sale. Kinda nice, was able to put my fundays stuff that's not pops into one of the drawers (tote bags, scoops ahoy shirt, etc.) so they're not sitting in the tote bags waiting for the apocalypse. Still keeping an eye out for the storage trunks though, those things are awesome!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:19 am

Fugly16 wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:

Better buyers remorse than non-buyer's remorse! If you're still feeling regrets, I'm sure someone around here can help you out with that! :mir1:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:23 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

You had a productive day lol

I did, and it felt good! Trying to get all my pops in protective cases to keep them safe, and be able to enjoy the display without being all "UGH, too many!". I still know they're there, but it doesn't LOOK like it.

And then of course I go out that night and buy another pop - neon Captain Marvel. NO REGRETS! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Pop!”