2019 Freddy's!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Katers

Re: 2019 Freddy's!

Postby Katers » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:37 am

w00tw00t wrote:
Katers wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
lol lol yea definitely. I still lol everytime i recall the banana running down the stage area. lol lol

OMG, yes!! Tht banana was one of the best things this year - so random!! lol lol lol

I feel like, no matter what the theme from here on out, we need a banana running down the stage!

Yeah definitely. Or something similar to it. Made me laugh every time.

I will accept something random and appropriately themed running down the stage each year. Hopefully TPTB are listening! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:40 am

MONSTER wrote:
Katers wrote:
CoolNerd wrote:Maybe Funko survey giveaway???

LA Store grand opening? ;-)

That works for me. :freddy2:

Right?? Hollywood...magic...I think this totally works! Perhaps unlikely...but a girl can hope!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:44 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
Katers wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
I heard a rumor that they were part of a late shipment and the only ones that went out were the ones to gemini. I personally did not see a single one at Fundays. But, not too sure.

I feel like this is going to be one of those great mysteries on the boards for awhile...! We'll keep speculating, there will be a lot of "I heard..." or "I saw...", and then we'll all move on to other threads!

And then watch them reappear next year at Fundays! lol

LOL I hope we see them before next year lol
As long as we can find them in the future, I'll do my best to wait patiently haha

Oh gosh, can you imagine if they don't appear sometime this year? The speculation will be WILD!

Surely they'll appear somwhere, someday...SOON, hopefully!
Image ImageImage Image

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:46 am

Katers wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
Katers wrote:
I feel like this is going to be one of those great mysteries on the boards for awhile...! We'll keep speculating, there will be a lot of "I heard..." or "I saw...", and then we'll all move on to other threads!

As long as we can find them in the future, I'll do my best to wait patiently haha

Oh gosh, can you imagine if they don't appear sometime this year? The speculation will be WILD!

My honest thought, if not soon is through gemini or social media team maybe? @___@
I can't take all this anticipation! lol
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:57 am

The surfers are cool... but glad they are different then the ones given at Fundays.

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:40 am

Dbactor wrote:Friends got together and opened all of our boxes. Between 5 of us, we got each variation of BoF Freddy and one Dino Tiki. Pretty fun characters and unique enough combinations for everyone.

That's cool! Did every one get what they wanted or will you each trade amonst yourselves?
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:45 am

CoolNerd wrote:
Azcat03 wrote:Did anyone else's Box of Fun Pops have the boxes a bit nicked up? Unfortunately, all three of mine did. Nothing major, at least, and they are all on the backside of the boxes. Freddy as Chucky, Surfer Freddy and Dino, btw.

I’m still waiting for mine and hopefully I can get the GITD Rick!

All of mine had minor dings. I may have mentioned this in a earlier post but I was a little taken back that inside of the BOF tube, there was no padding pf any sort. I'm not complaining though as I got the 3 Freddy's that I wanted, but considering how Funko normally ships their items, I was a tad bit shocked.

Hope you get the GITD Toxic Rick - That was one that I got along with Surfer Freddy and Freddy as Surf's Up! Batman.
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:58 am

Marvelfanatic86 wrote:Box of fun pops are awesome ! Glad Funko gives those who did not attend fundays a chance as well !

Agreed it’s an awesome opportunity, and a great way to start a Freddy collection!
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:28 pm

Katers wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
Katers wrote:
OMG, yes!! Tht banana was one of the best things this year - so random!! lol lol lol

I feel like, no matter what the theme from here on out, we need a banana running down the stage!

I will accept something random and appropriately themed running down the stage each year. Hopefully TPTB are listening! lol

Next fundays will be the circus! Can't think of anything that is slightly inappropriate that is appropriately themed lol

ETphonehome

Postby ETphonehome » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:55 pm

Can't wait for next year and it just ended this year. The excitement builds again.

millone

Postby millone » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:49 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
I heard a rumor that they were part of a late shipment and the only ones that went out were the ones to gemini. I personally did not see a single one at Fundays. But, not too sure.

That honestly makes the most sense at this point. Since none of the BoF breaks I've seen on here have the Genie

i wonder if this had anything to do with people getting two freddys in their box of fun. they swapped out the late genie with another tiki. that would hurt !

the hunt for genie begins.

Ouch. Thats just a double whammy. I thought the tikis were cool but we ended up with so many of them

millone

Postby millone » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:52 pm

Katers wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
millone wrote:I havent read through thus thread yet but did we ever figure out how the genies were distributed? I heard rumblings of some at fundays but i didnt personally see a one

But then we would have to endure a whole year of speculation..... noooooooo

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:10 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
Katers wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:

My honest thought, if not soon is through gemini or social media team maybe? @___@
I can't take all this anticipation! lol

Both of those are very logical - wouldn't it be nice if we're not the only ones who think so?

Do we think they'll need to be restickered now?
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:14 am

w00tw00t wrote:
Katers wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:

Next fundays will be the circus! Can't think of anything that is slightly inappropriate that is appropriately themed lol

Yeah, really glad I'm not in charge of coming up with themes! That's a rough job, especially with the random running element we want added!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:15 am

millone wrote:
Katers wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:

lol Yeah, but it will keep us busy!
Image ImageImage Image

CoolNerd

Postby CoolNerd » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:56 am

jjb11590 wrote:
CoolNerd wrote:
Azcat03 wrote:Did anyone else's Box of Fun Pops have the boxes a bit nicked up? Unfortunately, all three of mine did. Nothing major, at least, and they are all on the backside of the boxes. Freddy as Chucky, Surfer Freddy and Dino, btw.

I’m still waiting for mine and hopefully I can get the GITD Rick!

All of mine had minor dings. I may have mentioned this in a earlier post but I was a little taken back that inside of the BOF tube, there was no padding pf any sort. I'm not complaining though as I got the 3 Freddy's that I wanted, but considering how Funko normally ships their items, I was a tad bit shocked.

Hope you get the GITD Toxic Rick - That was one that I got along with Surfer Freddy and Freddy as Surf's Up! Batman.

Im sorry to hear that the boxes not mint. Thank and I do really hope at least out of 3, I get 1 that I really want!
Just a collector who loves Funko!!

spidex

Postby spidex » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:27 am

CoolNerd wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
CoolNerd wrote:I’m still waiting for mine and hopefully I can get the GITD Rick!

Im sorry to hear that the boxes not mint. Thank and I do really hope at least out of 3, I get 1 that I really want!

So what are you hoping to get?? Surfer freddy?
I think he is cool looking on that surfboard.. because it is a different mould and not reusing the body parts of other pops
ImageImage
ImageImage

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wHy mE woRRy? :spiderman:
IG: www.instagram.com/spidexy

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:55 am

jjb11590 wrote:
Dbactor wrote:Friends got together and opened all of our boxes. Between 5 of us, we got each variation of BoF Freddy and one Dino Tiki. Pretty fun characters and unique enough combinations for everyone.

That's cool! Did every one get what they wanted or will you each trade amonst yourselves?

All around we were pretty happy. When we bought them we thought we had a shot at some of the ones from fundays, but of course learned later that wasn’t the case. Hoping we can trade for some other pops we like.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:36 am

KidMarvel wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:
Yeah I was in line at TeamCoCo house and wasn't checking my phone (probably bordering on heat stroke or something lol!). Turning out to be my biggest regret lol

Team CoCo house lines are the worst when it gets hot vause it seems like the sun beams down on you with jncredible intensity lol

Yeah I had to leave the line to grab sunblock about 20 mins in lol, thank god for the 7-11 across the road.

Yesssir choice location to pick up the necessities lol
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:40 am

Dbactor wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

All around we were pretty happy. When we bought them we thought we had a shot at some of the ones from fundays, but of course learned later that wasn’t the case. Hoping we can trade for some other pops we like.

Last year I got a Chrome Freddy in my Box-o-fun at Fundays and some people got a Chrome Freddy in their online Box-o-fun, so not a far fetched idea considering that.

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:43 pm

Katers wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yeah, really glad I'm not in charge of coming up with themes! That's a rough job, especially with the random running element we want added!

lol yeah. definitely a rough position to be in. Everything went well for fundays 2019 besides the winners not coming up or not being there. People just puzzled. hehe

D4nnym4n123

Postby D4nnym4n123 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:51 pm

Rpiccioni1 wrote:
DivineWarrior wrote:
Rpiccioni1 wrote:You just made my heart drop! If that’s a option and I actually get one my Husband is gonna have to call 911! Lol!

I think it ie pretty sweet also, however my luck ill get 2 duds. If its anything like last year I ended up getting rid of all of mine.

I figure since I did get lucky last year and received the Freddywise, blue robot, and green chrome I won’t this year. Lol! So I’ll send some luck your way!!

Definitely gonna make sure I get one next year if they do this again
Happy Hunting everybody! And may the force and Freddy gods be with you!
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
SDCC 19'
ECCC Virtual Con 20'
FUNDAYS 2022!
FDO!
Show me that funko love and follow my twitch please? https://m.twitch.tv/d4nnym4n

millone

Postby millone » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:18 pm

Katers wrote:
millone wrote:
Katers wrote:

lol Yeah, but it will keep us busy!

That isnt the fun kind of busy....lol

peruwhite

Postby peruwhite » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:18 pm

Assuming it was a shipping thing in the tubes but the 97% of online BOF that ended up on eBay looked like a bunch of damaged casualties
Funko isn’t just pops, it’s an idea that could lead the world to something better!

sakura17

Postby sakura17 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:25 pm

My online bof only had 1 pop that was damaged. It was Funko Freddy as Rick, one of the top corners was dented. So I guess I should be happy not all of them were damaged.

Mankatoman22

Postby Mankatoman22 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:40 pm

For the Freddys that were at fundays I would say the coolest one to me was the Colonel Sanders one. My very first job was working at a KFC and I worked there all through high school. Some of my most fond memories are thanks to that place and the amazing coworkers I had who became some of my closest friends. I would love to have that one in my collection. Now for the Boxes of Fun my fav is the Chucky Freddys. I love all things horror related. Hell I have about 30 tattoos and most of them are horror movie related and yes, I have a chucky tattoo
Don't bulls**t a bulls**ter!

:freddy2:

Wild_Flower85

Postby Wild_Flower85 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:44 pm

Love my Monster Freddy!!!!

peruwhite

Postby peruwhite » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:31 am

WAS my funday pull...
Funko isn’t just pops, it’s an idea that could lead the world to something better!

AustinBundy65401

Postby AustinBundy65401 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:44 am

deetran24 wrote:No genie in my box but I was very satisfied. I got a glow toxic rick, Surf's up Joker, and a non-bloody chucky. I can't complain!

That's what I got in my box! Super Stoked!

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:59 am

I think the best freddy this year has to be the GITD Frankenstein Freddy
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:05 am

peruwhite wrote:

WAS my funday pull...

Wow u r so lucky!! Congrats!!! I'm so jealous!
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:06 am

TriFeckTa wrote:I think the best freddy this year has to be the GITD Frankenstein Freddy

My friend KidMarvel got that n it was so beautiful when we uses UV light to shine it and the glow is super awesome!
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:09 am

Rantt wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:I think the best freddy this year has to be the GITD Frankenstein Freddy

My friend KidMarvel got that n it was so beautiful when we uses UV light to shine it and the glow is super awesome!

Very lucky, i have never won a 1/24 piece in the 4 years that i have gone.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

MONSTER

Postby MONSTER » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:11 am

peruwhite wrote:

WAS my funday pull...

I would have passed out.

MONSTER

Postby MONSTER » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:11 am

Yeah that one is pretty sweet.

spidex

Postby spidex » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:21 am

peruwhite wrote:

WAS my funday pull...

DOPE!!!!!! *jelly*
ImageImage
ImageImage

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wHy mE woRRy? :spiderman:
IG: www.instagram.com/spidexy

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:34 am

Fugly16 wrote:
Dbactor wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

Last year I got a Chrome Freddy in my Box-o-fun at Fundays and some people got a Chrome Freddy in their online Box-o-fun, so not a far fetched idea considering that.

That’s definitely what we were thinking about....and of course since the LE were lower this year for fundays, we thought it might be similar for the BoF. Not complaining, but our eagerness maybe outshot proper expectation.

Pogiboy67

Postby Pogiboy67 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:03 am

im just happy with my rick and joker freddy
:freddy2: POGIBOY67

ImageImageImage

kamakaziunicorn

Postby kamakaziunicorn » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:49 am

I really liked the Box of Fun options for the online box this year compared to last year. I hope I make it to Fundays eventually :)
Matt - Proud Member of The KY Funko League of Awesomeness
Currently collecting all Anime Dorbz and Pops :freddy3:
Image Image

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:01 am

kamakaziunicorn wrote:I really liked the Box of Fun options for the online box this year compared to last year. I hope I make it to Fundays eventually :)

i agree that this allows those who couldn't make the event feel apart of the fun. i'm also always in favor of any scenario that brings on more freddys lol

Return to “Pop!”