2019 Freddy's!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Esko5150

Re: 2019 Freddy's!

Postby Esko5150 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:52 pm

Bobs Big Boy freddy takes the #1 spot this year, and I think the Rick Freddys are right behind him. Franky was also a good one aswell.
Hello I'm ESKO!
900+ Pops, Mystery Minis, Sodas & Other Funko Products
Mayor of Angrytown

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

millone

Postby millone » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:39 pm

spidex wrote:
millone wrote:
spidex wrote:

Lucky you! I was hunting down for a ant-man freddy after the fundays event ended but had no luck with it...
Evilbay..here I come!! ):

Did you go to fundays? Sorry, havent read this whole thread, you probably said earlier

I did go to fundays!! It was my 1st fundays! Travelled 18.5hrs from halfway around the globe but it was definitely worth it! Hope next year I do get another chance to attend again!

Nice! Thats a long trip but definitely worth it. I thought this years was pretty awesome. I mean, Mark Hamill!

millone

Postby millone » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:41 pm

Katers wrote:
spidex wrote:
Katers wrote:
Agreed! Really glad I was able to walk out with a Marvel Freddy, and a Star Wars Freddy! I seem to be making a habit of getting Ant-Man variants - last year, Conan Ant-Man (via trade!), and this year Ant-Man Freddy (also via trade!). Really appreciate Funko making a wide variety and enabling me to stay consistant!

Lucky you! I was hunting down for a ant-man freddy after the fundays event ended but had no luck with it...

Bleh, I hurt for you, having to go to such measures! We've all had to do it on occasion, but that doesn't make it any better! He's worth it though - I smile every time I walk by and see him!

He was a must-have for multiple reasons, but primarily as a friend for Ant-Man Conan, and partially just because he was Marvel. Always a bit of a bummer to get something cool that doesn't fit with the rest of your collection. That's how I felt about the FrankenFreddy - really cool, but glad he went to a good home!

Im actually jealous. I wanted that frankenfreddy pretty bad. But i am not complaining. Once i saw the gitd version i wanted it even more but the gitd version. Thats not happening obviously

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:08 pm

Katers wrote:
millone wrote:
Katers wrote:
lol Yeah, but it will keep us busy!

That isnt the fun kind of busy....lol

I dunno, I'm having a good time! lol

Plus, it's very interesting to see everyone's reactions to their Freddys! I think the variety this year was great - seems like there were more this year than last year?

I thought there were more Freddy variants last year, but I was super stoked with the range this year mainly due to Antman, Ad icons and Frank!
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:13 pm

if joker freddy was an LE under 500 it would be chaos imo
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

spidex

Postby spidex » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:31 am

millone wrote:
spidex wrote:
millone wrote:Did you go to fundays? Sorry, havent read this whole thread, you probably said earlier

I did go to fundays!! It was my 1st fundays! Travelled 18.5hrs from halfway around the globe but it was definitely worth it! Hope next year I do get another chance to attend again!

Nice! Thats a long trip but definitely worth it. I thought this years was pretty awesome. I mean, Mark Hamill!

Exactly!!! The crowd all went wild when he made an appearance suddenly!! A pity though only table 9 & 19 got the exclusives but overall..the trip was totally fun and worth every single minute of my 18.5hrs flight!!
ImageImage
ImageImage

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wHy mE woRRy? :spiderman:
IG: www.instagram.com/spidexy

sushiguru

Postby sushiguru » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:31 am

i prefer the freddys that released this year as opposed to last summers

KidMarvel wrote:
Katers wrote:
millone wrote:That isnt the fun kind of busy....lol

Plus, it's very interesting to see everyone's reactions to their Freddys! I think the variety this year was great - seems like there were more this year than last year?

I thought there were more Freddy variants last year, but I was super stoked with the range this year mainly due to Antman, Ad icons and Frank!

CoolNerd

Postby CoolNerd » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:52 am

I think this year's Freddy was one of the best for so many years! If Funko continue with all these super awesome Freddys I believe Fundays tix will be even more tougher to get next year!
Just a collector who loves Funko!!

CoolNerd

Postby CoolNerd » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:54 am

El_PANDA wrote:Definitely feel like there was a better variety of freddy funkos this year compared to last one. And the theme was pretty great as well! My top three pops that i enjoyed would have been: kfc, big boy, and genie.

Yup The Genie Freddy... Everyone is now crazy over it..
Where are they??????

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:37 am

CoolNerd wrote:
El_PANDA wrote:Definitely feel like there was a better variety of freddy funkos this year compared to last one. And the theme was pretty great as well! My top three pops that i enjoyed would have been: kfc, big boy, and genie.

Where are they??????

Those are like at the top of my want list right now!

ImageImageImageImage

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:45 am

CoolNerd wrote:

Where are they??????

I'm very convinced, those of us that got Shocka Rocka in the BoF were supposed to get a Freddy Genie lol

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:22 am

Fugly16 wrote:
CoolNerd wrote:

Where are they??????

I'm very convinced, those of us that got Shocka Rocka in the BoF were supposed to get a Freddy Genie lol

i mean this isn't exactly the craziest theory i've heard..

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:31 am

Big Boy was a fave!

LakerNation1216

Postby LakerNation1216 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:38 am

My favorite by far was the Venom Freddy. Just wish they made him less limited, now I'll probably never have a chance to own one!
Current POP/Dorbz/Misc. Funko Count:
~1,711

Updated 4-11-22

Lakers Basketball
Rams Football
:freddy3:

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:40 am

rexflexall wrote:Big Boy was a fave!

Yes!!! Big boy and Frankenstein!
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:41 am

supertoygiant wrote:

Big Boy for sureeeeeee! I was in the proto queue and wanted to look at my BoF, pulled the big boy first and I made an audible gasp. I think I gave everyone around me a scare lol.

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:05 am

Fugly16 wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:

Big Boy for sureeeeeee! I was in the proto queue and wanted to look at my BoF, pulled the big boy first and I made an audible gasp. I think I gave everyone around me a scare lol.

This years prizes were fabulous!!! Can't complain!
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

CoolNerd

Postby CoolNerd » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:26 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:
CoolNerd wrote:Yup The Genie Freddy... Everyone is now crazy over it..
Where are they??????

But what's over already over...

CoolNerd

Postby CoolNerd » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:27 pm

KidMarvel wrote:
CoolNerd wrote:

Where are they??????

Those are like at the top of my want list right now!

Mine too! I want them so badly!

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:58 pm

CoolNerd wrote:

Where are they??????

I've got it at the top of my need list (along with everyone else, lol)
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:16 pm

spidex wrote:
millone wrote:
spidex wrote:

Exactly!!! The crowd all went wild when he made an appearance suddenly!! A pity though only table 9 & 19 got the exclusives but overall..the trip was totally fun and worth every single minute of my 18.5hrs flight!!

Yeah I was at table 20 and really wish they said table 20 again, but no pop even if its super rare can equal the experience of fundays. The experience of fundays is enough for me because they do such an amazing job with fundays show.
Collecting since 2014

Thepopninja

Postby Thepopninja » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:23 pm

My favorites are Glow Frankenstein and Metallic Genie
\:D/ from the shadow realm.... enters ThePopNinja

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:58 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:
Where are they??????

i personally think any bof that had only 1 freddy was supposed to have the genie.
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:11 pm

Sadly I only got one Freddy in my BoF, but getting Franken Freddy is pretty awesome.
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:28 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

i personally think any bof that had only 1 freddy was supposed to have the genie.

the more i think about it, the more it really does make sense. ](*,)

millone

Postby millone » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:46 pm

KidMarvel wrote:
Katers wrote:

Thats interesting. You may be right. But this years were so much more interesting with the licenses

millone

Postby millone » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:47 pm

spidex wrote:
millone wrote:
spidex wrote:

Good to hear. See you next year!

millone

Postby millone » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:49 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
spidex wrote:
millone wrote:Nice! Thats a long trip but definitely worth it. I thought this years was pretty awesome. I mean, Mark Hamill!

Yeah I was at table 20 and really wish they said table 20 again, but no pop even if its super rare can equal the experience of fundays. The experience of fundays is enough for me because they do such an amazing job with fundays show.

Agree. The show is so fun. I didnt see the tables that won. I would have loved to see their reactions

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:57 pm

I think the Box of Fun Freddys were pretty awesome! The Rick ones are super cool. Hubs picked up the MerMan one to round out his MOTU collection.

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:51 am

millone wrote:
Katers wrote:
spidex wrote:

Bleh, I hurt for you, having to go to such measures! We've all had to do it on occasion, but that doesn't make it any better! He's worth it though - I smile every time I walk by and see him!

He was a must-have for multiple reasons, but primarily as a friend for Ant-Man Conan, and partially just because he was Marvel. Always a bit of a bummer to get something cool that doesn't fit with the rest of your collection. That's how I felt about the FrankenFreddy - really cool, but glad he went to a good home!

Im actually jealous. I wanted that frankenfreddy pretty bad. But i am not complaining. Once i saw the gitd version i wanted it even more but the gitd version. Thats not happening obviously

Double hurt then! I was REALLY grateful that there weren't any 1/24s that I wanted desperately! But if you need it, I guess you really really need it!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:57 am

KidMarvel wrote:
Katers wrote:

There must have been more Freddy's last year, since we didn't have the Tiki theme (though I really did love the theme this year!). These are the first Spastiks that have come home with me, and I'm happy that they're such fun ones for my first foray into the line. Though the more I look at them online, the more I kinda wish I'd gotten the white GITD Ringo instead of the green GITD Ringo. But if that's my biggest issue, I think I'm doing okay!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:00 am

mongoose12 wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

the more i think about it, the more it really does make sense. ](*,)

That's the theory I'm going with. A friend had one of those BOFs, so it's a particularly interesting theory for us!
Image ImageImage Image

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:05 am

Katers wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:
Katers wrote:

There must have been more Freddy's last year, since we didn't have the Tiki theme (though I really did love the theme this year!). These are the first Spastiks that have come home with me, and I'm happy that they're such fun ones for my first foray into the line. Though the more I look at them online, the more I kinda wish I'd gotten the white GITD Ringo instead of the green GITD Ringo. But if that's my biggest issue, I think I'm doing okay!

I couldn't decide what to do so just went out and completed my Ringos!

ImageImageImageImage

spidex

Postby spidex » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:37 am

nascar246788 wrote:
spidex wrote:
millone wrote:Nice! Thats a long trip but definitely worth it. I thought this years was pretty awesome. I mean, Mark Hamill!

Totally agreed!! See you next year??
Lol!! Hope I can get to participate again next year!
ImageImage
ImageImage

spidex

Postby spidex » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:39 am

millone wrote:
spidex wrote:

Good to hear. See you next year!

Lol!! I Hope so!! Hope to See you next year too!
ImageImage
ImageImage

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:05 am

Fugly16 wrote:
CoolNerd wrote:

Where are they??????

With it being my first Fundays, I guess I didn’t realize til later how we just were gifted one Freddy in our BOF. I got the red Big Boy and picked up the Frankenstein that night. Would have loved to have added another Freddy in our BOF than the Tiki
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

CoolNerd

Postby CoolNerd » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:56 pm

MrSmileyFace wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:
Where are they??????

With it being my first Fundays, I guess I didn’t realize til later how we just were gifted one Freddy in our BOF. I got the red Big Boy and picked up the Frankenstein that night. Would have loved to have added another Freddy in our BOF than the Tiki

It really depends on luck for BOF. Some ppl really love Tiki...I love them but Im not ready to start a brand new line to collect.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:19 pm

spidex wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
spidex wrote:

Totally agreed!! See you next year??
Lol!! Hope I can get to participate again next year!

I hope I can get a chance to go next year. I have known about the event since 16, so it would be awesome to make it four out of the five years since I have known about fundays and four out of the five and half years of collecting. It is always a blast of a part. I am positive it is definitely the best after party during SDCC.
Collecting since 2014

Typale

Postby Typale » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:58 pm

Esko5150 wrote:Bobs Big Boy freddy takes the #1 spot this year, and I think the Rick Freddys are right behind him. Franky was also a good one aswell.

I agree with you!!
As Brian Mariotti once said.... Go boxless, it’s more fun!

Image Image

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:19 pm

CoolNerd wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

It really depends on luck for BOF. Some ppl really love Tiki...I love them but Im not ready to start a brand new line to collect.

I think the Tiki was cool and glad we all got the Gold Freddy tiki as part of the Prize Patrol pop! But just from talking to others, the BOF that you could order should have gotten a few more Tikis and we get some of those Freddys lol
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

Return to “Pop!”