2019 Freddy's!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
BestDadEver

Re: 2019 Freddy's!

Postby BestDadEver » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:44 pm

k05cube wrote:Haven’t gotten my box of fun yet but I hope to get surfer lol

Wish I didn’t moss that BOF but can’t be to mad I was at Fundays but still hurts that the WiFi was no good inside the Hyatt
Image Image

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:02 am

Xeverus86 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:My favorite Freddy this year is the Venom Freddy, for sure.

That one was awesome, surprised they didn't make him the higher piece and Freddy Anti-Venom as the 1/24 though

Great idea! Wish they did that
Instagram- calebshiny

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:07 am

BestDadEver wrote:

Wish I didn’t moss that BOF but can’t be to mad I was at Fundays but still hurts that the WiFi was no good inside the Hyatt

How could you even bother messing with trying to order a BOF. I was so honored and having so much fun with Fundays and everything gone on!

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:16 am

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:

How could you even bother messing with trying to order a BOF. I was so honored and having so much fun with Fundays and everything gone on!

It is a night of excitement from start to finish, and then some more afterwards for trading!
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:37 am

DarkTone wrote:I see. so there was Tikis in there too. Is there a list of everything that could have been in the box?

From my (very) limited knowledge, the brown/wood like versions of Ringo and Shocka Rocka were in the BOF’s. Some also got the color variants. I don’t think anyone at my table got two tikis.
Hi! I’m Eric

spidex

Postby spidex » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:19 am

Wow..that’s kinda long..did you check with your postal services about it??
ImageImage
ImageImage

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wHy mE woRRy? :spiderman:
IG: www.instagram.com/spidexy

spidex

Postby spidex » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:22 am

BestDadEver wrote:

A pity that WiFi and the network were like non-existence during the period of time..but those at fundays definitely got the better BoF..so can’t complain much :drunken:
ImageImage
ImageImage

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:00 am

BestDadEver wrote:
BadEugoogolizer wrote:Big Boy is my number one. I'm glad the blue suit is the rare one because I like the red much more.

Frankenstein's monster is my number two. So glad I got both of them!

Was thinking the same thing about bob. But don’t get me wrong I would love to have that blue one

Well, yeah... for sure! lol If I had pulled a blue one in my tiki it would've come home with me and I'd have just traded other stuff out for a red one heh
Or did you think I'd be too stupid to know what a eugoogoly was?

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:54 am

DarkTone wrote:I see. so there was Tikis in there too. Is there a list of everything that could have been in the box?

Most had 2 Freddys and 1 Tiki depending. It was a blast and I'm glad I was able to go and have FUN. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:54 am

BadEugoogolizer wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:
BadEugoogolizer wrote:Big Boy is my number one. I'm glad the blue suit is the rare one because I like the red much more.

Frankenstein's monster is my number two. So glad I got both of them!

Was thinking the same thing about bob. But don’t get me wrong I would love to have that blue one

Well, yeah... for sure! lol If I had pulled a blue one in my tiki it would've come home with me and I'd have just traded other stuff out for a red one heh

Right!!! I pulled a red one. My son did too but traded it for aqua man Freddy. Told him not to but he wanted what he wanted. He’s 14 years old and new to funko so I wanted him to get what he wanted.
Image Image

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:55 am

Mawhonic7 wrote:

From my (very) limited knowledge, the brown/wood like versions of Ringo and Shocka Rocka were in the BOF’s. Some also got the color variants. I don’t think anyone at my table got two tikis.

I love shocka and ringo. Didn’t think I would like them this much but after they came home they really grew on me
Image Image

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:48 am

BestDadEver wrote:Right!!! I pulled a red one. My son did too but traded it for aqua man Freddy. Told him not to but he wanted what he wanted. He’s 14 years old and new to funko so I wanted him to get what he wanted.

Definitely living up to your username there. Sometimes it’s not always about value, and the fact that he was able to trade for and get what he wanted is something he will remember a whole lot more than the value of what he traded away. Sounds like you both had a great time! \:D/

ericj

Postby ericj » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:26 pm

Katers wrote:
ericj wrote:ISO a Harry Potter Freddy please? Pretty Please? ;)

Oh no, let's go big! Next year's Fundays theme is Harry Potter! Or we can expand it, and go with magic...and HP as part of it!

Yes please, all of this! So many great possibilities on this theme. Probably could be 5-6 good HP themed freddy...although it would hurt if they started putting out 1/24 gold version of characters...

Kwik_One

Postby Kwik_One » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:31 pm

ericj wrote:
Katers wrote:

Oh no, let's go big! Next year's Fundays theme is Harry Potter! Or we can expand it, and go with magic...and HP as part of it!

Yes please, all of this! So many great possibilities on this theme. Probably could be 5-6 good HP themed freddy...although it would hurt if they started putting out 1/24 gold version of characters...

I don’t collect HP but I wouldn’t mind having a few HP Freddy’s!

k05cube

Postby k05cube » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:28 pm

spidex wrote:

At vpost lah lol
:freddy2: Darth Maul Rules!

k05cube

Postby k05cube » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:29 pm

BestDadEver wrote:

Yeah heard the internet is bad there. lol

k05cube

Postby k05cube » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:30 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:

Indeed lol

k05cube

Postby k05cube » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:31 pm

spidex wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:

A pity that WiFi and the network were like non-existence during the period of time..but those at fundays definitely got the better BoF..so can’t complain much :drunken:

Yar lor. Don’t complain lah spidey lol

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:11 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:Right!!! I pulled a red one. My son did too but traded it for aqua man Freddy. Told him not to but he wanted what he wanted. He’s 14 years old and new to funko so I wanted him to get what he wanted.

Definitely living up to your username there. Sometimes it’s not always about value, and the fact that he was able to trade for and get what he wanted is something he will remember a whole lot more than the value of what he traded away. Sounds like you both had a great time! \:D/

Thank you and it’s hard sometimes because as a dad I try not to impose my ways of collecting or my likes on to my kids. I can expose them to things but they have to find what they are passionate about. It was cool having him interact with other funatics and do some trades. But I did draw the line when we got home after the con and he wanted to open it. Told him he can be an out of the box collector but needs to respect that mint box haha. We had an amazing time. It was our first Fundays and I can’t imagine not going next year. Been collecting for about 4 years and feel so blessed to have met so many amazing people.
Image Image

spidex

Postby spidex » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:22 am

k05cube wrote:
spidex wrote:

At vpost lah lol

What u waiting for?!?!?!
Ship it back!!
You waiting for X’mas??? :rolleyes:
ImageImage
ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:25 am

Mawhonic7 wrote:
Katers wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:i wish venom wasnt a 1/24 straight up.

the big boy and frankenstein 1/24s were variants of a general release. venom being its own entity 1/24 was a much more painful pill.

I do think it's odd that Venom didn't have a corresponding general release to go with (and kind of cruel!). And other than being 1/24, Venom Freddy didn't have anything like GITD to go with him, did he?

No GITD. I agree, unlike the other Freddy 1/24’s Venom Freddy wasn’t a slight variant and that is rough for Marvel collectors. The fact that some only got one Freddy and two tikis is even rougher! I love the tikis but this years Freddys were really, really good.

That's what I thought. I really feel for anyone that wanted Venom Freddy, that's gotta hurt. And yeah, the tikis were fun, but with the Freddys being SO cool, you kinda want all of them! I just put my Freddys in their final protectors, and up on their shelf, and boy did that make me happy!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:28 am

ocwankenobi wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:
Katers wrote:
I do think it's odd that Venom didn't have a corresponding general release to go with (and kind of cruel!). And other than being 1/24, Venom Freddy didn't have anything like GITD to go with him, did he?

No GITD. I agree, unlike the other Freddy 1/24’s Venom Freddy wasn’t a slight variant and that is rough for Marvel collectors. The fact that some only got one Freddy and two tikis is even rougher! I love the tikis but this years Freddys were really, really good.

i don't think it helps either that the double tiki tubes were probably a last minute change and likely a genie tube.

that being said. i love the tikis. and i would have traded almost all of my freddys last year for tikis.

this year freddys >>>>>>>>>>>>>> last year freddys

Poor double-tiki BOF Funatics. They'll always wonder now...! (At least, those of them hanging out in this thread!)
Image ImageImage Image

OG SLUMPURT

Postby OG SLUMPURT » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:31 am

I got GITD rick. its sweet. can't wait for the new season. The bloody chucky was a cool one too!
OG SLUMPURT
:freddy2:

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:33 am

ericj wrote:
Katers wrote:

Oh ugh, didn't even think of that possibility! Part of me says no, let's avoid it so I don't make myself crazy. But the rest of me knows that I'd love everything that would come my way from a magic themed (HP!) fundays, and would go home a very happy me! Purely sticking with HP, I'd want Freddy Dumbledore, Snape, Hagrid and Harry. Anything after that would be the cherry on my parfait!
Image ImageImage Image

funko_vinz

Postby funko_vinz » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:35 am

I was definitely loving this year's Freddys! The Ad Icons were my favorite! I can't wait till next year, here is hoping for Anime Freddys (a Super Saiyan Freddy would be nice). [-o<

IG: Funko_VinZ
ISO: Saint Seiya Protos
Recently acquired: Saint Seiya Pops :cheers:
2016 Fundays: Team Deadpool, 2017 Fundays: Team Hogwarts, 2018 Fundays: Team Goonies, 2019 Fundays: Team Loko Moko, 2021 Fundays: Team Funko Force

k05cube

Postby k05cube » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:16 pm

spidex wrote:
k05cube wrote:
spidex wrote:

At vpost lah lol

What u waiting for?!?!?!
Ship it back!!

Just did this morning lol

spidex

Postby spidex » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:24 am

OG SLUMPURT wrote:I got GITD rick. its sweet. can't wait for the new season. The bloody chucky was a cool one too!

Wow..a really sweet score on both!! =D>
ImageImage
ImageImage

ShellyGt86

Postby ShellyGt86 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:20 am

This Funday was amazing. Really I love all of them. I need to acquire the rest of them now.
To live will be a great Adventure... :grommit:Image]

Image[/url]

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:03 am

BestDadEver wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:

Thank you and it’s hard sometimes because as a dad I try not to impose my ways of collecting or my likes on to my kids. I can expose them to things but they have to find what they are passionate about. It was cool having him interact with other funatics and do some trades. But I did draw the line when we got home after the con and he wanted to open it. Told him he can be an out of the box collector but needs to respect that mint box haha. We had an amazing time. It was our first Fundays and I can’t imagine not going next year. Been collecting for about 4 years and feel so blessed to have met so many amazing people.

Hey Bud I appreciate that. My son traded our extra Frankenstein for Ant-Man as he is a huge Marvel Fan. If the trade difference was triple digits he wouldn't have cared. He loves Ant-Man. That is what makes this hobby great. Its about collecting what you love.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

k05cube

Postby k05cube » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:05 am

spidex wrote:
OG SLUMPURT wrote:I got GITD rick. its sweet. can't wait for the new season. The bloody chucky was a cool one too!

Yeah lucked out I see lol

CoolNerd

Postby CoolNerd » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:34 am

k05cube wrote:
spidex wrote:
k05cube wrote:
At vpost lah lol

What u waiting for?!?!?!
Ship it back!!

Lol remember to show us what u get!
Just a collector who loves Funko!!

Leechinyuan

Postby Leechinyuan » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:59 am

CoolNerd wrote:
k05cube wrote:
spidex wrote:
What u waiting for?!?!?!
Ship it back!!

Lol remember to show us what u get!

Hope u get all freddy

Pop count : 175
Yes i'm newbie :compress:

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:33 am

volsspongebob wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:Definitely living up to your username there. Sometimes it’s not always about value, and the fact that he was able to trade for and get what he wanted is something he will remember a whole lot more than the value of what he traded away. Sounds like you both had a great time! \:D/

Hey Bud I appreciate that. My son traded our extra Frankenstein for Ant-Man as he is a huge Marvel Fan. If the trade difference was triple digits he wouldn't have cared. He loves Ant-Man. That is what makes this hobby great. Its about collecting what you love.

Agree!!! I love that ant man but I’m a marvel dude myself so your son has great taste haha
Image Image

OG SLUMPURT

Postby OG SLUMPURT » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:40 am

spidex wrote:

Well my gf got glow rick and I got the bloody chucky. Buuuut. I kinda consider it "our" collection lol
OG SLUMPURT
:freddy2:

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:43 am

OG SLUMPURT wrote:
spidex wrote:

Well my gf got glow rick and I got the bloody chucky. Buuuut. I kinda consider it "our" collection lol

Every time a couple says that they collect together, I can't help but think of that divorced beanie babies photo

millone

Postby millone » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:47 am

k05cube wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:

Yeah heard the internet is bad there. lol

Its awful. But i kind of like it. Keeps me off my phone during fundays.

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:53 am

I got Ant-man & colonel sanders and was able to trade for the C-3P0. Getting the C-3P0 was my 1 goal so happy. Still undecided if I want to keep the other 2, since they both look amazing...
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:31 pm

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:I got Ant-man & colonel sanders and was able to trade for the C-3P0. Getting the C-3P0 was my 1 goal so happy. Still undecided if I want to keep the other 2, since they both look amazing...

3po and ant-man or paul rudd eating kfc. doesnt get better than that.

those three are awesome.
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:36 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:I got Ant-man & colonel sanders and was able to trade for the C-3P0. Getting the C-3P0 was my 1 goal so happy. Still undecided if I want to keep the other 2, since they both look amazing...

3po and ant-man or paul rudd eating kfc. doesnt get better than that.

those three are awesome.

thanks !!!
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:43 pm

volsspongebob wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:Definitely living up to your username there. Sometimes it’s not always about value, and the fact that he was able to trade for and get what he wanted is something he will remember a whole lot more than the value of what he traded away. Sounds like you both had a great time! \:D/

Very cool! It’s not always about value in this hobby. He will always value Ant-man much more than an extra he doesn’t want and it will create even better memories over time. Collect what you want and not for value

Return to “Pop!”