Sith Trooper

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
kappait

Re: Sith Trooper

Postby kappait » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:28 pm

#-o
millone wrote:
kappait wrote:
runtodere wrote:When is the common coming out?

Never haha. We may have to get lucky and wait for a major price drop!! If it does come out my guess is it's a different box than the SDCC version. It was a pretty unique box to begin with.

Yeah the box is cool. Dont think the price is coming down unless they release a common unfortunarely

I think you might be right.
ImageImage

Do or do not there is no try
Yoda '80

:SW9:
Funklub# 7225
Fundays: 2017, 2018

GusGus

Postby GusGus » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:00 pm

It’s so weird that this never was released. I would have thought we’d get something for the Blu-ray release!

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:19 pm

kappait wrote:#-o
millone wrote:
kappait wrote:
Never haha. We may have to get lucky and wait for a major price drop!! If it does come out my guess is it's a different box than the SDCC version. It was a pretty unique box to begin with.

Yeah the box is cool. Dont think the price is coming down unless they release a common unfortunarely

I prefer they don't release it. Even though I don't have it, I like that they made that a rarity pop. Even if it wasn't supposed to be (I think).

kappait

Postby kappait » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:50 pm

nightbodega wrote:
millone wrote:Yeah the box is cool. Dont think the price is coming down unless they release a common unfortunarely

I prefer they don't release it. Even though I don't have it, I like that they made that a rarity pop. Even if it wasn't supposed to be (I think).

Yeah it's kind of like the 13th Doctor and Indie with gold idol. I didn't think they would be expensive after the con. But I had an idea that something was up with the sith trooper by Saturday at the con.
ImageImage

Do or do not there is no try
Yoda '80

:SW9:
Funklub# 7225
Fundays: 2017, 2018

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:58 pm

kappait wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:
kappait wrote:
I was thinking maybe Star Wars Celebration for a release. But that's not looking so hot now.

I was just thinking about Celebration. Given the distancing restrictions they think we should keep through the fall, it's teetering for sure. Seems more not to happen than happen at this point.

Yeah it looks like it will be canceled at this point.

After reading re-opening protocols for companies anticipating large crowds when the economy "soft opens" again, any hint of a second wave and they will all pull back to even stricter safety measures and allow less people into their establishments. The mere concept of a convention where ppl are packed together like sardines is something that won't happen this year, imo. We have to see stress-tests in other venues that can take on large crowds but have better control of 'flow' with said crowds. I'm more pessimistic now than I was even a few days ago about any cons this year.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:00 pm

kappait wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Yeah it's kind of like the 13th Doctor and Indie with gold idol. I didn't think they would be expensive after the con. But I had an idea that something was up with the sith trooper by Saturday at the con.

Is that when it was gone?

millone

Postby millone » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:31 pm

millone wrote:
kappait wrote:

Thanks a lot. I was hoping for someone to talk me away from that

millone

Postby millone » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:32 pm

nightbodega wrote:
millone wrote:Yeah the box is cool. Dont think the price is coming down unless they release a common unfortunarely

I do like the rare pops. But also like this sith guy

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:20 am

millone wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

This was really a nice pop. I think that was the first SW pop (not sure if only) to have the gold emboss on the box.

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:54 pm

nightbodega wrote:
kappait wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

It was so weird, during con I would see Sith trooper still at the booth well into the afternoon. People just weren't picking it up that much during their pickup times. It wasn't until around Saturday that people started going crazy for it.

millone

Postby millone » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:29 pm

nightbodega wrote:
millone wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

This was really a nice pop. I think that was the first SW pop (not sure if only) to have the gold emboss on the box.

Im about to cry

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:36 am

GusGus wrote:It’s so weird that this never was released. I would have thought we’d get something for the Blu-ray release!

It's so strange seeing that its been nearly a year, and we've had no mention about the wide release of this pop. It is so high in value right now, I definitely don't envy the Star Wars completionists out there.

I remember the 13th Doctor follow the same trend. It was originally announced to be a First to Market at SDCC, but it never got released. #-o

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:38 am

The value of this pop has sky rocketed tremendously. I'm sure it will hit 1K soon, specially with the highly anticipated second season of the Mandalorian premiering on May 4th!

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:40 am

ocwankenobi wrote:I don't know what is more surprising. The lack of screen time or the lack of pop. I think I have thought about this for enough time where I might have posted this before lol.

I hope Celebration doesn't skip Anaheim since that is a 12 minute trek for me. That being said if they can have virtual panels online I wouldn't mind that in August. I wouldn't miss the lining up for the shop just to get the exclusive scout trooper sweatshirt lol.

Or the lottery to get the lego imperial guard at Staples center. I wish I could hear stories from those who endured the George Lucas pilot in Colorado.

When is SWC again? Is it after or before SDCC? :-k

GusGus

Postby GusGus » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:21 am

Ratattack wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:I don't know what is more surprising. The lack of screen time or the lack of pop. I think I have thought about this for enough time where I might have posted this before lol.

I hope Celebration doesn't skip Anaheim since that is a 12 minute trek for me. That being said if they can have virtual panels online I wouldn't mind that in August. I wouldn't miss the lining up for the shop just to get the exclusive scout trooper sweatshirt lol.

Or the lottery to get the lego imperial guard at Staples center. I wish I could hear stories from those who endured the George Lucas pilot in Colorado.

It’s in August, so it’s likely not happening!

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:06 am

Such a great Pop!

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:32 pm

GusGus wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

It’s in August, so it’s likely not happening!

Oh man, you really thing so?

If SWC is cancelled, I wonder if the rescheduled ECCC will also be cancelled. :-k

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:33 pm

rexflexall wrote:Such a great Pop!

The matte black box just adds to the overall look of the pop. It makes the red really pop! \:D/

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:29 pm

I am guessing that this pop! won’t get a general release huh?
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

FunkoRAMA

Postby FunkoRAMA » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:11 pm

AleX-Men wrote:I am guessing that this pop! won’t get a general release huh?

Odds are it won't, most things labeled as a 'pre-release' never came out post their convention debut if I'm remembering correctly. Same thing happened with the SDCC 2018 Thirteenth Doctor. Can't remember if the Bizarro Hot Topic Pre-Release ever got widely released either

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:13 pm

FunkoRAMA wrote:

Odds are it won't, most things labeled as a 'pre-release' never came out post their convention debut if I'm remembering correctly. Same thing happened with the SDCC 2018 Thirteenth Doctor. Can't remember if the Bizarro Hot Topic Pre-Release ever got widely released either

Well I think it will like the Thirteenth Doctor, it took a while but it did
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:53 pm

wolfy233 wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
kappait wrote:

It was so weird, during con I would see Sith trooper still at the booth well into the afternoon. People just weren't picking it up that much during their pickup times. It wasn't until around Saturday that people started going crazy for it.

Probably, cuz they finally saw what it looks like and what it was going for.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:54 pm

millone wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
millone wrote:I do like the rare pops. But also like this sith guy

Im about to cry

Hopefully one day you get that pop.

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:39 am

nightbodega wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

I think it was more the look. It was way cooler in person once I saw it.

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:26 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
FunkoRAMA wrote:

I hope too
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

millone

Postby millone » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:16 pm

nightbodega wrote:
millone wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Im about to cry

Thanks. I can only hope

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:34 pm

wolfy233 wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:

I think it was more the look. It was way cooler in person once I saw it.

I did see it myself too. It was a great looking pop and box.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:36 pm

millone wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
millone wrote:Im about to cry

Thanks. I can only hope

:freddy2:

GusGus

Postby GusGus » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:38 am

AleX-Men wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
FunkoRAMA wrote:

I hope too

The SDCC version of the Doctor never came out! Unless I missed it, cuz I wanted it! Lol

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:52 am

GusGus wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

I hope too

The SDCC version of the Doctor never came out! Unless I missed it, cuz I wanted it! Lol

You probably missed it
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

GusGus

Postby GusGus » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:43 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
GusGus wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:
I hope too

You probably missed it

Yea. I looked on eBay. The SDCC version never came out, but a ton of other versions did!

Antman

Postby Antman » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:13 pm

Sadly, the 13th Doctor w/coat never was released in mass amounts, only the pre-release was sold.

I jumped on buying that Pop shortly after SDCC paying a tiny bit more and am glad I did, since this price now is much higher.

The Sith Trooper jumped up higher initially, since folks may have assumed the regular release would never happen, and now its quite valuable. I never could get that one for an acceptable price.

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:48 pm

wolfy233 wrote:
kappait wrote:
runtodere wrote:When is the common coming out?

Yeah, I think the run is done on this one, I'm afraid.

Bah.

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:06 pm

GusGus wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
GusGus wrote:

You probably missed it

Yea. I looked on eBay. The SDCC version never came out, but a ton of other versions did!

Well, at least there are some mint ones for $600+ ](*,)

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:02 pm

GusGus wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

I hope too

I don't believe it ever did either. It was one of those first ones that everyone thought it was going to come out right after con and never did.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:55 pm

I thought it would definitely get re-released, we’re coming up on a year since last sdcc and it’s looking grim. I have a friend who really wants this pop, so I hope that the second market price eventually comes down. All the fans who were able to score at release, you guys were lucky. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:00 pm

I really do believe that Sith Pop should be left alone and no more should be released. That pop and box looked so good, it deserves to be a con exclusive and that's it.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:12 am

This pop is so legit!

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:40 pm

rexflexall wrote:This pop is so legit!

Yes it is! :bounce:
:freddy1:

engu001

Postby engu001 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:24 pm

I ended up with 6 of them because no one wanted to buy it with the backpack.
Glad I bought a few. :freddy2:

Return to “Pop!”