Sith Trooper

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
anime23

Re: Sith Trooper

Postby anime23 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:42 pm

zaghawk wrote:I think its safe to assume Common Sith Trooper isn't coming...if there was a time...it would've been ROS DVD Release or May 4th.

I was afraid of that but still holding out hope until that Funko App says Vaulted.
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

codytranum

Postby codytranum » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:50 pm

Yeah it's not looking super great anymore. Really regret waiting for the general release of this.

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:44 am

anime23 wrote:
digithor wrote:
anime23 wrote:I wonder if this is just going to get vaulted like that first to market 13th Doctor from Dr Who that was at SDCC a couple years ago. I was lucky enough to get one though I wish I had one more to take out of the box. Most of my stormtroopers are out of the box. I definitely won't complain though

Just take it out of the box and put it up on the shelf. :)

LOL I know I should..

I missed out on that pop, 7 people away and they sold out. :(
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Tynett
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Tynett » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:04 am

This was a painful miss...
Collection Focus - Star Wars, LOST, Video Games, 90's TV
Image Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:31 am

So much win on this Sith Trooper!

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:01 pm

codytranum wrote:
renardchua wrote:
zaghawk wrote:Funkoween was great because I feel like a lot of folks who went, truly went to just hang out with others. There wasn't the promise of tons of stuff you'd come to expect from Fundays. I believe the low number of allowed attendees was also a big contributor as truly tickets were limited to funatics, which just ensured a much higher percentage of funatics in the building (IMHO it easily felt like 80% of the crowd were all funatics from the board) vs Fundays I could say is more (1/4 Business Partners, 1/4 Resellers, 1/4 Funatics on the board, 1/4 Funko Collectors who are funatics, but not on the board). I think other great memories for me just comes from local funatic events, if you don't have someone locally throwing smaller get togethers. Well why be a follower when you can be a leader. When the world returns to the new normal, find an event space that's free and invite 20-40 funatics locally and just get to know each other.

Great analysis here, Gavin. Hopefully we get to have more of the more “intimate” events moving forward once everything returns back to the new normal.

Agreed. I wasn't able to go to Funkoween but I've been to a few Fundays. I'd love if there was a chance to go to something like what you described again

Sadly I think it's obvious an initimate event like Funkoween is probably not going to happen again given the dedicated resources required and the expectations of a public company that has to answer to shareholders. That being said, when we get to the new normal, like I wrote above, I think it's on us as funatics in our area to make our own local mini events. I think a few years back I set up a mini hang out where about 20 of us came went to an 8 bit arcade bar and that turned out to be a lot of fun. I brought a couple random things to put on top of a machine and I send winner of that game gets that Pop to spice things up. It's little hang outs like that that builds funatic friendships and memories, and you don't need to wait for anyone to set those up, just set it up yourself :).
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:25 pm

nightbodega wrote:
zaghawk wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:
Haha, this was the greatest thing to happen to my bank account tbh.

When you take into the account of all the expenses involved for a convention trip, Airfare, Taxi/uber, All the expensive eating out, Tickets to events, Tickets to the con then you finally tab in any $ spent on collectibles. I'd say total money saved on cancelled conventions easily in the thousands if you're there for more than a few days. I think I estimated that an SDCC trip alone put me somewhere like 5k in the hole, yeah sure you could make out if you're someone who's business is selling every collectible you get, but if you're keeping it all (or at least a large majority) then...you're just in the hole.

Agree. I've stayed in a room by myself, all days and I have paid up to $1,500 for my self.

Yeah, my gf and I total around 2k for sdcc week but we have family to stay with and free parking near the convention center. It would skyrocket if we didn't have those accommodations. TBH, was kinda burnt out before covid hit. Now, I'm fully looking forward to it next year.

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:25 pm

rexflexall wrote:So much win on this Sith Trooper!

The Force is definitely stronger with this rare Pop! now.
:freddy1:

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:52 pm

Mario Wario wrote:

Yeah....until the fakes come.
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:57 pm

I’m a bit surprised that Sith Trooper will not be released this SDCC. I know so many Funatics have been waiting anxiously for this guy.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:04 pm

lavery01 wrote:I’m a bit surprised that Sith Trooper will not be released this SDCC. I know so many Funatics have been waiting anxiously for this guy.

My theory is that his main release was coming with the hype of ROS. However, the movie really didn't generate a lot of post movie hype and they probably said never mind. It seems like people want this guy, but they only want him because he's a $1000-$2000 pop right now. If he was sitting around in stores as a common, be real with yourself...how many people would want him or care about it? Would it actually be enough for a FULL run of what Funko generally does for a common release? Think about Blue Box Greedo...everyone was screaming about how EVEYRONE wanted him cus he was $500 at the time. Funko did a full production black box run and years later even with it vaulted that's a $10-$15 Pop. The count of funatics who have been waiting anxiously for this guy is probably less than 2k people.
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:47 pm

wolfy233 wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
zaghawk wrote:
When you take into the account of all the expenses involved for a convention trip, Airfare, Taxi/uber, All the expensive eating out, Tickets to events, Tickets to the con then you finally tab in any $ spent on collectibles. I'd say total money saved on cancelled conventions easily in the thousands if you're there for more than a few days. I think I estimated that an SDCC trip alone put me somewhere like 5k in the hole, yeah sure you could make out if you're someone who's business is selling every collectible you get, but if you're keeping it all (or at least a large majority) then...you're just in the hole.

Agree. I've stayed in a room by myself, all days and I have paid up to $1,500 for my self.

Yeah, my gf and I total around 2k for sdcc week but we have family to stay with and free parking near the convention center. It would skyrocket if we didn't have those accommodations. TBH, was kinda burnt out before covid hit. Now, I'm fully looking forward to it next year.

I agree with the skyrocket. I guess it's nice to have a break. For some of us, forced break. lol

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:35 pm

nightbodega wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

I agree with the skyrocket. I guess it's nice to have a break. For some of us, forced break. lol

Let's be honest, We prolly needed it, haha.

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:51 am

wolfy233 wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:

A break yes but man this is a long one. Well can’t wait till next year since I’m locked in and what new things sdcc will bring since they’ve had lots of time to plan new things.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:11 am

zaghawk wrote:
lavery01 wrote:I’m a bit surprised that Sith Trooper will not be released this SDCC. I know so many Funatics have been waiting anxiously for this guy.

My theory is that his main release was coming with the hype of ROS. However, the movie really didn't generate a lot of post movie hype and they probably said never mind. It seems like people want this guy, but they only want him because he's a $1000-$2000 pop right now. If he was sitting around in stores as a common, be real with yourself...how many people would want him or care about it? Would it actually be enough for a FULL run of what Funko generally does for a common release? Think about Blue Box Greedo...everyone was screaming about how EVEYRONE wanted him cus he was $500 at the time. Funko did a full production black box run and years later even with it vaulted that's a $10-$15 Pop. The count of funatics who have been waiting anxiously for this guy is probably less than 2k people.

It's a good point that you have there.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

codytranum

Postby codytranum » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:43 am

digithor wrote:
zaghawk wrote:

Agreed, especially because sith troopers were only in the movie for about 10 minutes of on-screen time. Regardless it’s a really cool pop, but the market prices are pure insanity. Just wish I could pick it up for a reasonable price. Nice to at least have the paratrooper though, hopefully can grab that one

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:00 am

codytranum wrote:
digithor wrote:
zaghawk wrote:

Agreed, especially because sith troopers were only in the movie for about 10 minutes of on-screen time. Regardless it’s a really cool pop, but the market prices are pure insanity. Just wish I could pick it up for a reasonable price. Nice to at least have the paratrooper though, hopefully can grab that one

Yeah, the new trooper will make me happy enough. That action mold they did is sweet.
ImageImageImageImage

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:32 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

A break yes but man this is a long one. Well can’t wait till next year since I’m locked in and what new things sdcc will bring since they’ve had lots of time to plan new things.

As long as the economy doesn't go down in flames before next year, my whole calendar is going to be filled with anything I can get in to. I went from burnt out to fully in for next year.

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:34 am

wolfy233 wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:

As long as the economy doesn't go down in flames before next year, my whole calendar is going to be filled with anything I can get in to. I went from burnt out to fully in for next year.

That makes two of us
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:38 am

Nemesis989 wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

That makes two of us

I hope with this new year with get some new sith pops the our favorite cons.
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:40 am

codytranum wrote:
digithor wrote:
zaghawk wrote:

Maybe since a lot more newer Funkos will be going to lower stock counts, it will make many more pops sought after and raise the profile of pops in general.

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:46 am

wolfy233 wrote:
Maybe since a lot more newer Funkos will be going to lower stock counts.

I am curious where this information is coming from?
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:49 am

zaghawk wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:

From a galaxy far far away......
ImageImageImageImage

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:13 am

zaghawk wrote:

It really is surprising that people would pay so much more for a box (blue) for Greedo. As a collector, I get it, but it's still crazy to think of.
Poppin'

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:33 am

Still no Sith common!

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:24 pm

theraven00 wrote:
zaghawk wrote:

It really is surprising that people would pay so much more for a box (blue) for Greedo. As a collector, I get it, but it's still crazy to think of.

There are times I wish I did not collect stuff...
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:29 pm

zaghawk wrote:There are times I wish I did not collect stuff...

There are also times I wish I hadn't sold stuff when I was trying to clear space/funds or when I thought values were already crazy high, only to see them skyrocket a couple years later. Oh well, the fun of collecting. :)
Poppin'

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:16 pm

zaghawk wrote:Funkoween was great because I feel like a lot of folks who went, truly went to just hang out with others. There wasn't the promise of tons of stuff you'd come to expect from Fundays. I believe the low number of allowed attendees was also a big contributor as truly tickets were limited to funatics, which just ensured a much higher percentage of funatics in the building (IMHO it easily felt like 80% of the crowd were all funatics from the board) vs Fundays I could say is more (1/4 Business Partners, 1/4 Resellers, 1/4 Funatics on the board, 1/4 Funko Collectors who are funatics, but not on the board). I think other great memories for me just comes from local funatic events, if you don't have someone locally throwing smaller get togethers. Well why be a follower when you can be a leader. When the world returns to the new normal, find an event space that's free and invite 20-40 funatics locally and just get to know each other.

Even though I didn’t mingle much personally I agree it was such a nice, intimate event. The focus wasn’t on prizes or swag. I do regret not socializing very much, but at the same time I’m glad no one saw me in my terrible Lil Gruesome contest lol I was a shy 16 year old who hadn’t made many friends on the board yet and I still had a blast. Mike and the team never fail to throw an amazing party.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:27 am

digithor wrote:
zaghawk wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:

I think they announced it earlier in the year once covid hit that there would be changes including stock limit lowering of some new releases.

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:43 am

wolfy233 wrote:
codytranum wrote:
digithor wrote:

Maybe since a lot more newer Funkos will be going to lower stock counts, it will make many more pops sought after and raise the profile of pops in general.

I didn't know that stock counts were decreasing.
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:04 am

Gimme the retail release!

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:40 pm

wolfy233 wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:

I guess this quarantine will get you hustling everywhere. Now, you just have to exercise your legs for all those steps.

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:58 pm

nightbodega wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

I guess this quarantine will get you hustling everywhere. Now, you just have to exercise your legs for all those steps.

So this sith trooper did u guys think the limit will be two or just 1 of each? I’m sure Funko will tell us the day before. :-k

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:13 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:

So this sith trooper did u guys think the limit will be two or just 1 of each? I’m sure Funko will tell us the day before. :-k

I thought I heard 2 somewhere. I could be thinking of another pop.

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:25 am

nightbodega wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

We will soon know. Got my list and money ready. :cheers:

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:35 am

wolfy233 wrote:
digithor wrote:
zaghawk wrote:

I think they announced it earlier in the year once covid hit that there would be changes including stock limit lowering of some new releases.

Source? Or are we mis interpreting less new releases (which has happened) as lower stock counts
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:50 am

Such a sick Pop!

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:06 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

Just a few days left. So exciting.

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:30 am

zaghawk wrote:
Mario Wario wrote:

Yeah....until the fakes come.

There have to be a ton already right?

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:31 am

nightbodega wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Just a few days left. So exciting.

Same here and I’m vacation it’s going to be a great week even though I’m not at Sdcc.

Return to “Pop!”