Sith Trooper

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Beefsquatch

Re: Sith Trooper

Postby Beefsquatch » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:52 pm

millone wrote:
Beefsquatch wrote:Still wish I would’ve pulled the trigger on the Pop/Backpack combo at Loungefly. They still had some there when I went (on Friday I think).

Ooh lucky you. Sat and sunday there was no chance

Yeah I have a couple of regrets on things I passed on at sdcc and this is probably tops on that list. Lesson learned
Joey
IG: _beefsquatch_ (Private)
IG: the_rougarou (Public)
Twitter: Joey (The Tall One) @__beefsquatch_

Image Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:20 am

Boymom4 wrote:
GusGus wrote:^maybe after the Cyber Monday Bundle tomorrow? It could be in that I suppose.

That would be awesome if that were the case. I think one of the hints Brian gave was a star...maybe that's for star wars (wishful thinking perhaps lol). I'm still trying to remain optimistic that I'll one day own the sith trooper :)

Now wouldn't that be a nice surprise.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:24 am

Beefsquatch wrote:
millone wrote:
Beefsquatch wrote:Still wish I would’ve pulled the trigger on the Pop/Backpack combo at Loungefly. They still had some there when I went (on Friday I think).

Yeah I have a couple of regrets on things I passed on at sdcc and this is probably tops on that list. Lesson learned

That’s all anyone can do, live and learn from a situation.

I have a feeling you’ll get that a Pop! someday. Just gotta be patient and pounce on that second opportunity.
:freddy1:

millone

Postby millone » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:48 am

Beefsquatch wrote:
millone wrote:

Yeah i really hope they make a common for the masses. Even if it is slightly different somehow

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:26 pm

I still kinda want that red backpack!

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:52 pm

millone wrote:

People didn't know about the bundle when it came out Thursday and Friday. But Saturday and Sunday, it was one of the first things people lined up for. Big missed opportunity there...
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:06 pm

Kullekter89 wrote:
millone wrote:
Kullekter89 wrote:
Yeah I know! This all started back with the 13th doctor first to market. Said it was gonna be a future release and a year later and nothing. It’s been vaulted ever since. So this one i have no hopes for it

I am not giving up hope. Seriously hope it comes out

Same here

Fingers still crossed here as well
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

millone

Postby millone » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:41 pm

franzsy0519 wrote:
millone wrote:

People didn't know about the bundle when it came out Thursday and Friday. But Saturday and Sunday, it was one of the first things people lined up for. Big missed opportunity there...

Yeah we tried but the line was done even though we were at the front of the mob

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:13 pm

millone wrote:
franzsy0519 wrote:
millone wrote:Ooh lucky you. Sat and sunday there was no chance

Even then, it was still easier to get it through loungefly than at the actual funko booth.
Hi, I'm CY

racheva

Postby racheva » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:54 pm

I feel so very lucky to have traded with a fellow funatic for this one on preview night. The red armor is such an amazing look, I can't wait to see it on the big screen. And I hope they have some IRL Sith Troopers parading around DHS:GE when I'm there next year!
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

FunkoAlphaBravo

Postby FunkoAlphaBravo » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:55 pm

I should have picked up the backpack pop bundle myself!!!
Hi all! We’re Annie and Beto. We have been collecting since 2016
ImageImage
ImageImage

millone

Postby millone » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:05 pm

repair-manmanmanman wrote:
millone wrote:
franzsy0519 wrote:

Even then, it was still easier to get it through loungefly than at the actual funko booth.

True enough

k05cube

Postby k05cube » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:36 pm

Boymom4 wrote:
CryptoJenkins7 wrote:I'm just going to do the disFunko way for now and stick my Sith Trooper sticker in a hard stack.

lol
That's actually a clever idea and hopefully one day we'll all get the chance to replace it with the pop :)

Or just get the mystery mini lol
:freddy2: Darth Maul Rules!

afkbee

Postby afkbee » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:40 pm

Beefsquatch wrote:
millone wrote:

I passed on all the "SDCC Debut" ones in favor of SDCC pops and it turns out those would be harder to get ohh well

DivineWarrior

Postby DivineWarrior » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:38 pm

Boymom4 wrote:
GusGus wrote:^maybe after the Cyber Monday Bundle tomorrow? It could be in that I suppose.

That would be awesome if that were the case. I think one of the hints Brian gave was a star...maybe that's for star wars (wishful thinking perhaps lol). I'm still trying to remain optimistic that I'll one day own the sith trooper :)

If only the bundle had it but that doesn't appear so.
NYCC Five Timer - 2017-2022, 1 Timer - Fright Night

Image Image

DivineWarrior

Postby DivineWarrior » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:41 pm

Beefsquatch wrote:
millone wrote:

I regret not collecting sooner. Oh the grails I would have now!!!! ;-)
NYCC Five Timer - 2017-2022, 1 Timer - Fright Night

Image Image

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:21 am

DivineWarrior wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:

If only the bundle had it but that doesn't appear so.

I know (insert a million sad faces now) :(

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:32 am

Maybe a future Target Red Card exclusive? It really sucks that this is turning into a 13th doctor situation :( I wonder what happened.

Now I really regret not buying the backpack and Pop! bundle Loungefly was selling at SDCC.
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

Beefsquatch

Postby Beefsquatch » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:54 am

afkbee wrote:
Beefsquatch wrote:

I passed on all the "SDCC Debut" ones in favor of SDCC pops and it turns out those would be harder to get ohh well

Are you referring to the SDCC Sith Trooper debuts outside of Funko or the SDCC Debut pops from Target?
Joey

Image Image

Beefsquatch

Postby Beefsquatch » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:56 am

DivineWarrior wrote:
Beefsquatch wrote:

You and me both. I didn’t start collecting until June 2018 but my son was collecting way before that. I loved the Pops but didn’t get any because once I started, I wouldn’t be able to stop. And boy was I right! Should’ve pulled the trigger earlier lol
Joey

Image Image

Beefsquatch

Postby Beefsquatch » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:57 am

YeetGrimes wrote:Maybe a future Target Red Card exclusive? It really sucks that this is turning into a 13th doctor situation :( I wonder what happened.

Now I really regret not buying the backpack and Pop! bundle Loungefly was selling at SDCC.

Yeah same on the bundle. And I like the idea of it being a RedCard exclusive. Maybe closer to the movie release we’ll get an announcement *fingers crossed*
Joey

Image Image

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:37 am

Boymom4 wrote:

Was hoping for the same but I guess not. Did you get the bundle?
Image Image

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:38 am

Beefsquatch wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:Maybe a future Target Red Card exclusive? It really sucks that this is turning into a 13th doctor situation :( I wonder what happened.

Yeah same on the bundle. And I like the idea of it being a RedCard exclusive. Maybe closer to the movie release we’ll get an announcement *fingers crossed*

I tried getting that bag and pop at sdcc but stuck out Only 75 per day.
Image Image

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:39 am

Beefsquatch wrote:
DivineWarrior wrote:
Beefsquatch wrote:

You and me both. I didn’t start collecting until June 2018 but my son was collecting way before that. I loved the Pops but didn’t get any because once I started, I wouldn’t be able to stop. And boy was I right! Should’ve pulled the trigger earlier lol

I’ve been at this game since 2016. Wish I was collecting sooner than that haha but 2016 was a great year for pops.
Image Image

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:40 am

Target would be perfect either that or FS drop !!
Image Image

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:55 am

BestDadEver wrote:
Beefsquatch wrote:

It was tough getting the Loungefly sith trooper bundle at SDCC. I literally camped out to be early in line and I sprinted towards the booth. I was, fortunately, the 73rd person. That same day, I went to go check out the Funko artist panel and they were discussing the history of Funko and how Star Wars Pop! was one of their 1st lines. Here is a slide of the 3d model of the Sith Trooper.

Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:09 am

BestDadEver wrote:
Beefsquatch wrote:

Damn! I didn't check the stock when I was there but I should have. I coulda had the chance!!!
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:11 am

AnyGivenFunko wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:
Beefsquatch wrote:

It was tough getting the Loungefly sith trooper bundle at SDCC. I literally camped out to be early in line and I sprinted towards the booth. I was, fortunately, the 73rd person. That same day, I went to go check out the Funko artist panel and they were discussing the history of Funko and how Star Wars Pop! was one of their 1st lines. Here is a slide of the 3d model of the Sith Trooper.

Dang, I'd be so bummed out :( I'm sure you were.

That model is so awesome, though! I wish I could've checked out that panel.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:37 pm

That bundle was a steal at SDCC if you could get it!

afkbee

Postby afkbee » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:23 pm

Beefsquatch wrote:
afkbee wrote:
Beefsquatch wrote:

Are you referring to the SDCC Sith Trooper debuts outside of Funko or the SDCC Debut pops from Target?

I think you could get this guy if you bought the backpack from the Loungefly booth for $75. Once word spread out it was sold out but heard on Wed/Thu you could still get it but I passed thinking $75 was too much.

ihavec4

Postby ihavec4 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:39 pm

BestDadEver wrote:
Beefsquatch wrote:

I wonder how many were produced? I think the Funko booth had a few each day but they went fast. Just seems like there's a limited number out there...not many sold on eBay and they're rarely listed either.
:freddy1:

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:35 am

rexflexall wrote:That bundle was a steal at SDCC if you could get it!

That it was, too bad it seems that most of us found out about it too late.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Pogiboy67

Postby Pogiboy67 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:08 am

so many hoops jump through for sdcc. U need to 1st get into sdcc and then hope u get picked for the funko lottery.
:freddy2: POGIBOY67

ImageImageImage

Cmpotter
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cmpotter » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:44 am

Didn’t even realize how much this has jumped up in price. I was fortunate to get one during preview night at the booth. I didn’t even try the loungefly line, it was too crazy. Maybe wave 2 they’ll release it as a common :)
Image Image

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:20 am

BestDadEver wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:

It was a nice thought, but sadly didn't happen. I did get the bundle and overall I'm pretty happy with the pops. There's only a couple that I wouldn't have purchased.

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:55 am

Boymom4 wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:That would be awesome if that were the case. I think one of the hints Brian gave was a star...maybe that's for star wars (wishful thinking perhaps lol). I'm still trying to remain optimistic that I'll one day own the sith trooper :)

It was a nice thought, but sadly didn't happen. I did get the bundle and overall I'm pretty happy with the pops. There's only a couple that I wouldn't have purchased.

Yeah agree. I didn’t get it but not because I didn’t want it. Just has to put that 200 else where this time around. Really like that tinker and icee bear tho.
Image Image

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:57 am

Pogiboy67 wrote:so many hoops jump through for sdcc. U need to 1st get into sdcc and then hope u get picked for the funko lottery.

Yeah so manny people attend this con it would be so difficult to cater to all But it makes for a suspenseful con
Image Image

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:57 am

Cmpotter wrote:Didn’t even realize how much this has jumped up in price. I was fortunate to get one during preview night at the booth. I didn’t even try the loungefly line, it was too crazy. Maybe wave 2 they’ll release it as a common :)

I tried the lounge fly a couple times and those 75 bags went pretty fast.
Image Image

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:58 am

digithor wrote:
rexflexall wrote:That bundle was a steal at SDCC if you could get it!

That it was, too bad it seems that most of us found out about it too late.

Same here and I kept passing by that booth often and found out too late
Image Image

millone

Postby millone » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:36 am

afkbee wrote:
Beefsquatch wrote:

I learned my lesson last year with the thirteenth doctor so now pick anything up that is a debut just in case

Return to “Pop!”