Sith Trooper

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Batcavehero24

Re: Sith Trooper

Postby Batcavehero24 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:04 am

That box on the Sith trooper is amazing. Wished they had a bigger role in the movie or a defining "WoW" moment. With that being said, the price is only raising after the movie, weird.
:SW7a:

MAKING FUN PREMIERE
FDO8
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
SDCC 06-07 15-23
FUNDAYS 18-19-22
FUNKON 21
WONDERCON 23

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:09 am

The box kills this pop! So slick!

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:11 pm

I’ve lost faith in getting this
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:12 pm

GettingSodas wrote:I’ve lost faith in getting this

No way...let's stay positive. Don't fall into the hands of the dark side lol

Sticky_Fork

Postby Sticky_Fork » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:20 pm

The sith trooper looks so nice and I missed out on it at the con.

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:36 pm

PhoenixForce wrote:
digithor wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:I bought one on eBay for $325 in September. I'm surprised at how much it has jumped up in value. It was a B-Day gift. So glad I am not looking to buy it now :D :roflmao: :eek:

It has gotten kinda crazy lately.

I know! We are just TWO pops shy of being StarWars complete — Biggs and Shadow Trooper.

Shadow trooper, at least one that is in a reasonable price range. lol
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Westlos420

Postby Westlos420 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:50 pm

I figured it would’ve been out by now. Maybe they changed there mind.
Big D
Fundays 2017 - Making Fun World Premiere - FDO8LV - Fundays 2019 - FunKon
Star Wars Celebration 2022 - Fundays 2022
Dodgers for life!

IG: funko420

Guyhoff

Postby Guyhoff » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:23 am

The Sith Trooper is one of favorites!
Terry
Cleveland, OH
YouTube: Headless Ned Stark
https://linktr.ee/headlessnedstark

SDCC - 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024

NYCC - 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023

SW Celebration - 2019, 2022

Funko Fundays - 2023

Fright Night - 2022

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:12 am

Westlos420 wrote:I figured it would’ve been out by now. Maybe they changed there mind.

That may be true... :(
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:13 am

The box with gold foil makes it damn snazzy!

Tmarie_82

Postby Tmarie_82 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:56 am

Looks great, but missed out on this one

Westlos420

Postby Westlos420 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:58 am

supertoygiant wrote:
Westlos420 wrote:I figured it would’ve been out by now. Maybe they changed there mind.

That may be true... :(

Theres still a chance we get it with the blu ray release of episode 9 [-o<
Big D
Fundays 2017 - Making Fun World Premiere - FDO8LV - Fundays 2019 - FunKon
Star Wars Celebration 2022 - Fundays 2022
Dodgers for life!

IG: funko420

LatinFunko

Postby LatinFunko » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:00 am

Guyhoff wrote:The Sith Trooper is one of favorites!

I feel the same.
OWNER
http://www.thefunexchange.com

IG & Facebook @thefunexchange

Image :wwe5: Image

Fundays 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2022

FDO7 Sacramento | FDO8 San Francisco

Fright Night | HQ Grand Opening | Making Fun Movie Premiere | FunKon

jammasta

Postby jammasta » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:06 am

Sith Trooper and the Funday gold Luke are my only missing pieces to my Star Wars collection. But Sith Trooper is more important since he’s currently screwing up the numeric order. Fingers crossed that Funko doesn’t disappoints. Lol
ImageImageImage

Batcavehero24

Postby Batcavehero24 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:25 pm

jammasta wrote:Sith Trooper and the Funday gold Luke are my only missing pieces to my Star Wars collection. But Sith Trooper is more important since he’s currently screwing up the numeric order. Fingers crossed that Funko doesn’t disappoints. Lol

Only missing pieces? I tip my hat to you!

MAKING FUN PREMIERE
FDO8
SDCC 06-07 15-23
FUNDAYS 18-19-22
FUNKON 21
WONDERCON 23

SuMo

Postby SuMo » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:29 pm

jammasta wrote:Sith Trooper and the Funday gold Luke are my only missing pieces to my Star Wars collection. But Sith Trooper is more important since he’s currently screwing up the numeric order. Fingers crossed that Funko doesn’t disappoints. Lol

That is pretty impressive you're only missing two!

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:34 pm

Nice. I'm only missing Gold Luke and SDCC Flocked Chewie
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

SuMo

Postby SuMo » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:40 pm

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:

WOW! Not bad either, StarWarsFunkoGirl!!

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:40 pm

SuMo wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:

WOW! Not bad either, StarWarsFunkoGirl!!

Thanks Su

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:15 pm

Batcavehero24 wrote:That box on the Sith trooper is amazing. Wished they had a bigger role in the movie or a defining "WoW" moment. With that being said, the price is only raising after the movie, weird.

I think it has more to do with people giving up that it will be a common release eventually and buying in before it is deemed as a pop that got cancelled. At this point any decision made is a gamble as a collector. You could buy one (or sell one) right now, and Funko could be mass releasing it at any given time in the near-future (like the DVD release). And next thing you know the price will drop significantly. OR it could turn out to be one of those things that Funko made and for random reasons never gets a full release and eventually all collectors accept that and it raises in market value even more. At which time if you are someone who sold, you'll wish you sold it later, and if you're someone who was on the fence. You'll wish you bought it when it was cheaper.

The last possibility is the DJ Sona POP. Very small run, never known if it was going to be full release or not. For years it was high market value, then one day Riot has a ton and sells (it sells out) still way more than retail in market value, but not nearly the price it was years after the fact. Bottomline, none of us have a time machine, if you make a decision now be happy with it regardless of future, or don't make that decision :).
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

Batcavehero24

Postby Batcavehero24 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:50 pm

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:

So close! For my Batman collection, I'm just missing error chase and bobblehead chase. :mir1:

MAKING FUN PREMIERE
FDO8
SDCC 06-07 15-23
FUNDAYS 18-19-22
FUNKON 21
WONDERCON 23

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:04 pm

Even though the sith trooper was only in the movie for 5 minutes I still wanna add it to the collection because this trooper looks sick!!

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:39 pm

rexflexall wrote:The box with gold foil makes it damn snazzy!

Yes, the gold does! :bounce:
:freddy1:

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:34 pm

Batcavehero24 wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:

So close! For my Batman collection, I'm just missing error chase and bobblehead chase. :mir1:

Nice, hope you get to finish it...Pretty sure I can get the Chewie, it is the Gold Luke that might be hard/expensive

Starwarsfanatic1

Postby Starwarsfanatic1 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:12 pm

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
Batcavehero24 wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:

Nice, hope you get to finish it...Pretty sure I can get the Chewie, it is the Gold Luke that might be hard/expensive

I’m still a ways from being complete, but I really want that Gold Luke from Fundays. Such a cool piece.
SDCC 17, 18, 19, 22, 23
FUNDAYS 2019, 2022, 2023
FUNKON 2021

Starwarsfanatic1

Postby Starwarsfanatic1 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:13 pm

zaghawk wrote:
Batcavehero24 wrote:That box on the Sith trooper is amazing. Wished they had a bigger role in the movie or a defining "WoW" moment. With that being said, the price is only raising after the movie, weird.

I think it has more to do with people giving up that it will be a common release eventually and buying in before it is deemed as a pop that got cancelled. At this point any decision made is a gamble as a collector. You could buy one (or sell one) right now, and Funko could be mass releasing it at any given time in the near-future (like the DVD release). And next thing you know the price will drop significantly. OR it could turn out to be one of those things that Funko made and for random reasons never gets a full release and eventually all collectors accept that and it raises in market value even more. At which time if you are someone who sold, you'll wish you sold it later, and if you're someone who was on the fence. You'll wish you bought it when it was cheaper.

The last possibility is the DJ Sona POP. Very small run, never known if it was going to be full release or not. For years it was high market value, then one day Riot has a ton and sells (it sells out) still way more than retail in market value, but not nearly the price it was years after the fact. Bottomline, none of us have a time machine, if you make a decision now be happy with it regardless of future, or don't make that decision :).

Do you think they will ever make this Sith Trooper a common?
SDCC 17, 18, 19, 22, 23
FUNDAYS 2019, 2022, 2023
FUNKON 2021

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:51 pm

Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
zaghawk wrote:

Yes? There will always be a demand for SW POPs, they already made the mold and got the license for it, and the sticker says "pre-release" so there is nothing that legally obligates Funko from never releasing that mold again. But the question is WHEN?
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

Comicbookwriter

Postby Comicbookwriter » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:08 pm

zaghawk wrote:
Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
zaghawk wrote:

Yes? There will always be a demand for SW POPs, they already made the mold and got the license for it, and the sticker says "pre-release" so there is nothing that legally obligates Funko from never releasing that mold again. But the question is WHEN?

I still need this!
ImageImageImage

millone

Postby millone » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:09 pm

I hate you guys for putting this back upon the top of the list and reminding me about it

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:01 pm

millone wrote:I hate you guys for putting this back upon the top of the list and reminding me about it

sorry, but guess everyone is still excited about it

Starwarsfanatic1

Postby Starwarsfanatic1 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:32 pm

zaghawk wrote:
Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
zaghawk wrote:

Very good point. I forgot it says debut on the sticker. Reminds me of the Doctor Who Pop that was a Debut sticker from SDCC in 2018. I don’t think they have released that Pop as a common yet, but I could be wrong.
SDCC 17, 18, 19, 22, 23
FUNDAYS 2019, 2022, 2023
FUNKON 2021

millone

Postby millone » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:16 am

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
millone wrote:I hate you guys for putting this back upon the top of the list and reminding me about it

sorry, but guess everyone is still excited about it

Ahhhhhhhhhh

jammasta

Postby jammasta » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:41 pm

Batcavehero24 wrote:

Only missing pieces? I tip my hat to you!

It’s a battle throughout the years whether to stop or not. It’s a never ending line that pumps out like 30-50 pops a year. It’s very hard to keep it going but I’m in too deep now lol.
ImageImageImage

jammasta

Postby jammasta » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:43 pm

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:

You’re right there with me! Hopefully prices will come down at some point
ImageImageImage

jammasta

Postby jammasta » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:48 pm

Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
Batcavehero24 wrote:

I’m still a ways from being complete, but I really want that Gold Luke from Fundays. Such a cool piece.

To be honest, the gold Luke is nothing special... but the 80 limited edition sticker does make it extremely nicer. I’m not a bad fan of these gold, chrome repainted pops... it’s just a “lazy milk it however way” type pops
ImageImageImage

KarateKid

Postby KarateKid » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:07 pm

This is an amazing POP. Obviously I'm biased since I'm one of the lucky souls that scored one at SDCC!

KarateKid

Postby KarateKid » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:08 pm

Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:Reminds me of the Doctor Who Pop that was a Debut sticker from SDCC in 2018. I don’t think they have released that Pop as a common yet, but I could be wrong.
To my knowledge they never released it. This could be a trend.

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:03 pm

I love the fact that this thread keeps on getting bumped up from time to time.

This goes to show that a lot of the folks here are still anticipating it will be a regular drop, but now, it looks like a long shot.

Would probably stay as an exclusive.
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

Kyvinylzjohnson

Postby Kyvinylzjohnson » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:29 pm

Still needing this for our collection

Batcavehero24

Postby Batcavehero24 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:40 pm

jammasta wrote:
Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:

To be honest, the gold Luke is nothing special... but the 80 limited edition sticker does make it extremely nicer. I’m not a bad fan of these gold, chrome repainted pops... it’s just a “lazy milk it however way” type pops

If you're not a completists in agree. But most Funko Fanatics must have all of their line. I didn't care much for the 8bit pops, but best believe I bought my Batman 8bit lol

MAKING FUN PREMIERE
FDO8
SDCC 06-07 15-23
FUNDAYS 18-19-22
FUNKON 21
WONDERCON 23

Return to “Pop!”