Toby Mcguire Spiderman 1-3

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
PopPChulo

Toby Mcguire Spiderman 1-3

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:48 pm

Hey funatics

This spiderman for a lot of people is there most loved and revered spiderman. I think Green Goblin and Doc Ock was really well done in this film. I would love to be able to collect pops from this cult classic as this was my personal favorite set of spiderman films (wo mentioning anything about 3). Is there any other fans of this specific body of work that would like to snatch up Tobey spiderman as well as the Green Goblin and Doc Ock. I really liked their character design in these films.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

JediMike1128

Re: Toby Mcguire Spiderman 1-3

Postby JediMike1128 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:57 pm

Yes, I would love to see the Tobey Maguire Spidey films get their proper POP treatment. Battle damage Spidey (from the 1st movie) MJ, Harry Osborne, Norman Osborne, Green Goblin, Spidey Wrestler outfit, a Bonesaw McGraw would be cool too! How about Aunt May and Uncle Ben? Then bring on Spidey 2 & 3 characters and other Spidey variations, black suit, etc. =D
Check out my podcast on Spotify! ---> https://open.spotify.com/show/6lVOYfi1X ... eVW8A&nd=1
Instagram @FilmakerMike
Fundays 2018!
May The Force Be With You! :freddy2:

Batz31

Postby Batz31 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:35 pm

Movie moment spiderman stopping the train.

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:41 pm

Great idea! I think these would be awesome!
Larry
IG: nerdandcheese

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:58 pm

Batz31 wrote:Movie moment spiderman stopping the train.

for me, that will always a be truly iconic movie moment. a movie moment would be awesome.

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:14 pm

Totally agree this is still my favorite Spider-Man. The character development is spot on until you get to #3 which killed the development and Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man. Pops based off of 1 and 2 Green Goblin and even Gwen Stacey in #3 would be solid.

cnote424

Postby cnote424 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:15 pm

3rd movie was so off brand but i would welcome emo tobey pop :)
Image Image Image

Classier

Postby Classier » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:24 pm

I mean, I have like 50 different Spideys so what’s one more?

Rickakatuna

Postby Rickakatuna » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:28 pm

That or him dancing in the street. Lol
Hi Im Ricky
Im into Anime, Marvel, Dc, Disney, Fantastik Plastik, Rick & Morty, Freddy funko and Ad Icons
Pops:700+
Dorbz:30+
Been collecting since 2014
ISO: Dragon Ball Protos and my hero academia

daveruby

Postby daveruby » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:35 pm

Rickakatuna wrote:

Lol!!

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:10 pm

Definitely YES! Growing up, Tobey McGuire was always spiderman and kinda always will be for me ;)

I would love to see Pop!s from these movies.

Movie moment of Spiderman upside down about to kiss MJ would be pretty cool...
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko
I hunt and collect with my boys
Maui Zaui all day long!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

Batz31

Postby Batz31 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:45 pm

daveruby wrote:
Rickakatuna wrote:

Lol!!

Or him wrestling the macho man randy savage. Oh yeah brother.

Rickakatuna

Postby Rickakatuna » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:33 pm

Batz31 wrote:
daveruby wrote:
Rickakatuna wrote:That or him dancing in the street. Lol

Lol!!

Or him wrestling the macho man randy savage. Oh yeah brother.

Lol yes prob one of the under rated cameos
Hi Im Ricky
Im into Anime, Marvel, Dc, Disney, Fantastik Plastik, Rick & Morty, Freddy funko and Ad Icons
Pops:700+
Dorbz:30+
Been collecting since 2014
ISO: Dragon Ball Protos and my hero academia

TruffleShuffle

Postby TruffleShuffle » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:00 pm

I'm surprised they haven't made any of the Sam Raimi Spider-Man Pops. That along with X-men started the comic book revolution that we have today. I still remember seeing the Spider-Man outfit for the first time and being so happy that a real life version was made. The shiny eyes and super detailed costume. I couldn't believe that the comic books I read as a kid were getting live-action films(Well, good ones anyways). Now they reign the box office and are pretty much guaranteed billion dollar projects. Sorry going off course. Anyways, Tobey Maguires Spider-Man truly deserves Funko Pops. And a Metallic green goblin. and both with battle damaged chases.
Name: Justin T.
Pops!: 697 - Dorbz: 12 - PSH: 25 - VYNL.: 6
ImageImageImageImageImage

joecolt

Postby joecolt » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:16 pm

The third movie doesn't exist to me lol

skillawashere

Postby skillawashere » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:38 pm

I still haven’t seen Spiderman 3, and at this rate maybe never will lol
Priscilla: Therapist that spends too much money on Iron Man and other Marvel collectibles (including Funko)

Sparklepop5

Postby Sparklepop5 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:59 pm

These Spider-Man movies should definitely get some love from Funko. We can skip Spidey 3 though.

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:07 pm

Yeah Dafoe and Molina portrayed their respective villains brilliantly. Would love to see them Aunt May, and JJ Jameson as pop figures!
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

UlfricFrost

Postby UlfricFrost » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:43 am

YES! After reading the post this is the first thing I thought of. Great minds!!!

Techwrecker

Postby Techwrecker » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:18 pm

PopPChulo wrote:Hey funatics

This spiderman for a lot of people is there most loved and revered spiderman. I think Green Goblin and Doc Ock was really well done in this film. I would love to be able to collect pops from this cult classic as this was my personal favorite set of spiderman films (wo mentioning anything about 3). Is there any other fans of this specific body of work that would like to snatch up Tobey spiderman as well as the Green Goblin and Doc Ock. I really liked their character design in these films.

Man I wanted to say this for the longest time but I didn't know how many ppl would actually like the movies.

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:24 pm

Sparklepop5 wrote:These Spider-Man movies should definitely get some love from Funko. We can skip Spidey 3 though.

HEEE. agreed. lets skip Spidey 3. :razz: :razz:
ImageImageImageImage

deathlycollector

Postby deathlycollector » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:25 pm

I didnt know I needed these until I saw this thread. I would want a movie moment of the Spidey and Octavios train battle
Call me DC or Michael
Instagram: michaelrdr_funko
Grail: Gold Loki

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:24 am

mongoose12 wrote:

for me, that will always a be truly iconic movie moment. a movie moment would be awesome.

This is one of the best moments in any spider man movies! Dont get me wrong - the new movies are dope but there is just something about the nostalgia of the previous movies that i really cant shake tbh.
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:25 am

Techwrecker wrote:

Man I wanted to say this for the longest time but I didn't know how many ppl would actually like the movies.

Man the Toby McGuire spidermans are some of the best spiderman films in existence in my opinion. I feel like he really delivered ESPECIALLY on the first two films. . And even more importantly i really liked the way it looked aesthetically.
PopPChulo

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:38 am

We need Tobey on Seabiscuit!! LOL

deetran24

Postby deetran24 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:57 am

mongoose12 wrote:

Thats a great scene. One of my favorite moments from the Toby McGuire lead Spidey movies.
Lakers|Pops|Lakers :freddy3:
Fundays: 2018|2019
Favorite Sets: The Office|F.R.I.E.N.D.S.|Saved By The Bell|GOT|

Howardthepop

Postby Howardthepop » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:25 pm

I've always wondered how come those Spiderman movies didn't get the proper Pop treatment.

jigsaw

Postby jigsaw » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:35 pm

tobey for me was the best spiderman.. didnt like what they did to him in spiderman 3 but i love his spiderman version in general!!
SOME PEOPLE ARE SO UNGRATEFUL TO BE ALIVE.... BUT NOT YOU.... NOT ANYMORE.
ImageImage

IG: @Jigsaws_movie_room

Image ImageImage
ImageImage

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:05 pm

jigsaw wrote:

tobey for me was the best spiderman.. didnt like what they did to him in spiderman 3 but i love his spiderman version in general!!

I feel like he was a good Peter Parker but his Spiderman needed more work, whereas Andrew Garfield was a good Spiderman but bad at being Peter. I think Tom Holland is the best of both worlds.

jigsaw

Postby jigsaw » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:15 pm

mmmrice wrote:
jigsaw wrote:

I feel like he was a good Peter Parker but his Spiderman needed more work, whereas Andrew Garfield was a good Spiderman but bad at being Peter. I think Tom Holland is the best of both worlds.

yea i see your point. you right about that
SOME PEOPLE ARE SO UNGRATEFUL TO BE ALIVE.... BUT NOT YOU.... NOT ANYMORE.
ImageImage

IG: @Jigsaws_movie_room

Image ImageImage
ImageImage

Techwrecker

Postby Techwrecker » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:22 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Techwrecker wrote:

Man the Toby McGuire spidermans are some of the best spiderman films in existence in my opinion. I feel like he really delivered ESPECIALLY on the first two films. . And even more importantly i really liked the way it looked aesthetically.

I'm really hoping Funko can get the licensing for those movies it would be Kool to see James Franco and Willem Defoe green goblin in pop form.

Elbarras1718

Postby Elbarras1718 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:50 pm

mmmrice wrote:
jigsaw wrote:

I agree, he’s got me hooked on these new spidey films.

MONSTER

Postby MONSTER » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:57 pm

Green Goblin from the first movie would actually make for a great pop imo.

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:42 pm

MONSTER wrote:Green Goblin from the first movie would actually make for a great pop imo.

I actually like the mold of the one already released, it isn't as plasticy looking.

FireFist

Postby FireFist » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:09 pm

The Tobey Spiderman movies definitely need some pops ,it be cool if they could make a movie moment of maybe Spiderman with his mask half torn against green goblin in the final fight or Doc Ock stopping the machine at the end of the movie.
    Image Image
Iso:One Piece and Yugioh Protos
Instagram:@stardust.singh

ImranC23

Postby ImranC23 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:23 pm

So even though Spider-Man 2 is one of my favorite movies of all time; I’m not a huge fan of the Spider-Man costume from that trilogy though. The eyes are iconic though!

I would kill for a Willem Dafoe Green Goblin however. That is one of my favorite translations from comic book to film! Love that shiny green suit.
ImageImage

Funatic of the Week: March 8th 2019
Instagram:shelfofimran
ISO:Black Cat Prototype, Freddy Funko Boba Fett, Freddy Funko as Venom

Sdivirgilio7

Postby Sdivirgilio7 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:47 pm

:-$ Green goblin and toby and Spider-Man were epic, but let’s forget about 3
:freddy2:

Pop count: 195
Favorite lines: Ad icons, MLB
First pops: Groot, ghost face

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:48 am

mmmrice wrote:
jigsaw wrote:

I enjoyed Toby top down - I remember when I first seen the movie ... I really felt like I was seeing Spiderman come to life. Even though a lot of people complained about him not having the web cartridges lol - I didn't care about that. i felt like Toby delivered as far as the dialogue was concerned. Tom Holland is actually also a very good spider man. Andrew Garfield was terrible to me. I literally was cringing the entire time I watchd him as spider man - ESSSSSPECIALLY out side of the suit
PopPChulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:50 am

ImranC23 wrote:So even though Spider-Man 2 is one of my favorite movies of all time; I’m not a huge fan of the Spider-Man costume from that trilogy though. The eyes are iconic though!

I would kill for a Willem Dafoe Green Goblin however. That is one of my favorite translations from comic book to film! Love that shiny green suit.

That costume design as the green goblin on those movies were PHENOMENAL. To the point where you didn't get bored of seeing the green goblin. I think it would translate very well into a pop.
PopPChulo

o2thedbld5

Postby o2thedbld5 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:22 am

Tobey is the Spiderman I grew up with so I would definitely be interested in these. He was the most geeky/dorky out of all actors who played Peter Parker. I honestly liked Dunst as Mary Jane too.
Let's just forget 3 never happened though! XD
This be Aud, o2thedbld, odd!
Fav pop: Thumper :bunny:
ISO: The Jesus from The Big Lebowski, Audrey Hepburn Wacky Wobbler, Mars Attacks Martian

ImageImageImage

Return to “Pop!”