Toby Mcguire Spiderman 1-3

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
MasterSplyntr

Re: Toby Mcguire Spiderman 1-3

Postby MasterSplyntr » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:20 am

mmmrice wrote:
jigsaw wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:Hey funatics

This spiderman for a lot of people is there most loved and revered spiderman. I think Green Goblin and Doc Ock was really well done in this film. I would love to be able to collect pops from this cult classic as this was my personal favorite set of spiderman films (wo mentioning anything about 3). Is there any other fans of this specific body of work that would like to snatch up Tobey spiderman as well as the Green Goblin and Doc Ock. I really liked their character design in these films.

tobey for me was the best spiderman.. didnt like what they did to him in spiderman 3 but i love his spiderman version in general!!

I feel like he was a good Peter Parker but his Spiderman needed more work, whereas Andrew Garfield was a good Spiderman but bad at being Peter. I think Tom Holland is the best of both worlds.

I'm with you on the Tom Holland. He's extremely likable in both the Peter and Spider-Man roles. I cringed a lot with Tobey Maguire.
I be Chris

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:33 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
mmmrice wrote:
jigsaw wrote:
tobey for me was the best spiderman.. didnt like what they did to him in spiderman 3 but i love his spiderman version in general!!

I feel like he was a good Peter Parker but his Spiderman needed more work, whereas Andrew Garfield was a good Spiderman but bad at being Peter. I think Tom Holland is the best of both worlds.

I enjoyed Toby top down - I remember when I first seen the movie ... I really felt like I was seeing Spiderman come to life. Even though a lot of people complained about him not having the web cartridges lol - I didn't care about that. i felt like Toby delivered as far as the dialogue was concerned. Tom Holland is actually also a very good spider man. Andrew Garfield was terrible to me. I literally was cringing the entire time I watchd him as spider man - ESSSSSPECIALLY out side of the suit

I think Toby was missing a little bit of the Spiderman quip that I love about the character but at least we can agree about Garfield haha.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:51 am

o2thedbld5 wrote:Tobey is the Spiderman I grew up with so I would definitely be interested in these. He was the most geeky/dorky out of all actors who played Peter Parker. I honestly liked Dunst as Mary Jane too.
Let's just forget 3 never happened though! XD

Exactly. 3 wasn't it. I couldnt do emo mcguire. I dont know anybody who walked out amazed at spiderman 3 lol
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:45 am

Definitely need a movie moment with Tobey!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:48 pm

rexflexall wrote:Definitely need a movie moment with Tobey!

I agree - the Goblin in Spiderman 1 was easily one of the best designed Goblins out of the entire series so far. I would love to see it in pop form. Especially if it had a metallic finish - I think it would translate really well. haha and with the amount of hype around spiderman right now. It would be dope!
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:46 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
rexflexall wrote:Definitely need a movie moment with Tobey!

I agree - the Goblin in Spiderman 1 was easily one of the best designed Goblins out of the entire series so far. I would love to see it in pop form. Especially if it had a metallic finish - I think it would translate really well. haha and with the amount of hype around spiderman right now. It would be dope!

It would be neat to see get made I think. But I wonder how much it would be for Funko to get the rights to use Tobey’s face/name, for Pop! purposes? I bet it won’t be cheap.
:freddy1:

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:51 pm

a movie moment with an upside down spidey kissing MJ seems appropriate for Toby's spidey...aside from the scene with the subway and his web, that is what most ppl remember imo.

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:20 pm

I have fond memories of the Raimi Spider-man movies. While objectively I felt no. 3 couldn't match up to the levels of it's predecessors, a young venom lover like me had always wanted to see Venom on the big screen and there it was :D
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

billville

Postby billville » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:22 pm

I was always wondering the same thing, if the Toby Spiderman series would ever get the pop treatment. These films were probably my favorite out of the current versions.
Hey everyone, I'm Billy and have been collecting for 7 years now :freddy3:

Pop Count: 1,100+
Instagram: @collectiBILLY

Image Image

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:25 pm

I would buy all POPs made for the Sam Raimi spiderman movies. A dancing emo peter parker would be a great hot topic exclusive!
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:57 am

KidMarvel wrote:I have fond memories of the Raimi Spider-man movies. While objectively I felt no. 3 couldn't match up to the levels of it's predecessors, a young venom lover like me had always wanted to see Venom on the big screen and there it was :D

So do I and I wouldnt mind seeing a movie moment of the famous train scene with Doc Ock. I feel like some of the imagery in those sam raimi movies as well as costume design was really epic. I think there is a niche to see these pops happen even tho it's a spider man of the past.
PopPChulo

PopPopGoestheHuey

Postby PopPopGoestheHuey » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:00 am

I felt like these were the best Spider-Man movies. I’d love to see pops made specifically for them!
It's Easy to Smile when you're surrounded by this much MAGIC!!

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:16 am

Spidey on Seabiscuit! LOL

Return to “Pop!”