Netflix's DARK Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Refresh_Add_To_Cart

Netflix's DARK Pops

Postby Refresh_Add_To_Cart » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:27 am

Dark is such an incredible show and the characters are so rich and plentiful in so many ways - spoiler alert:

************************************************************************************************************************************

Having the "different" versions of themselves could open the door to lots of great pops being made - Jonas, Jonas(Adult), Jonas(Adam), I mean come on these would rock!

Anyone else LOVE Dark and think there needs to be some pops?

*Also there is a custom someone made out there of Jonas from season one, using the kid from IT, that is pretty money:
https://www.reddit.com/r/funkopop/comme ... dark_pops/

Who would you like to see made from Dark???

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Re: Netflix's DARK Pops

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:23 pm

I really need to watch this show. I was at my parents house the other week and they were watching it and it definitely looked good. It seems like Funko has an amazing relationship with Netflix so we could definitely see them coming at some point.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

TruffleShuffle

Postby TruffleShuffle » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:18 pm

I watched the first season and enjoyed it. had a little trouble keeping up with everything at first, but maybe that was on purpose, or the language barrier. I really need to watch the second season though. Others have told me it's very good.
Name: Justin T.
Pops!: 697 - Dorbz: 12 - PSH: 25 - VYNL.: 6
ImageImageImageImageImage

haydenstorm
Hall of Fame Class of 2021

Postby haydenstorm » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:23 pm

I love Dark so much. It's one of my favorite shows. Would love Pops of it, just not sure of the mass appeal. Season 2 was great.
John
Proud host of F.D.O. 6 ,and F.D.O. 7, F.D.O.8

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:25 pm

It is a very interesting show but the pops would just be "People" pops. For me, those sort aren't interesting unless the person has a style, costume, etc that has that pop stand out from a sea of other pops.

TruffleShuffle

Postby TruffleShuffle » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:37 pm

fbingha wrote:It is a very interesting show but the pops would just be "People" pops. For me, those sort aren't interesting unless the person has a style, costume, etc that has that pop stand out from a sea of other pops.

Yeah, this is very true. Their clothes really have nothing indistinguishable from normal everyday clothes. No one would be able to recognize them other than the box it comes in, which will say the name of the show and the character's name.
Name: Justin T.
Pops!: 697 - Dorbz: 12 - PSH: 25 - VYNL.: 6
ImageImageImageImageImage

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:15 pm

I haven’t seen this but going to have to check it out now.
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:32 pm

Couldn’t get into this show after watching the first episode, but I agree seems like it would be people in regular clothing lol
Instagram- calebshiny

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:58 pm

TruffleShuffle wrote:
fbingha wrote:It is a very interesting show but the pops would just be "People" pops. For me, those sort aren't interesting unless the person has a style, costume, etc that has that pop stand out from a sea of other pops.

Yeah, this is very true. Their clothes really have nothing indistinguishable from normal everyday clothes. No one would be able to recognize them other than the box it comes in, which will say the name of the show and the character's name.

I agree with this 100%. That being said a few carefully chosen Pops might make a nice display, such as "der Weisse Teufel" (old Claudia) with the time machine, Noah in his priest outfit, young Noah with a portal showing young Helge on the other side (maybe as a decal or something).

r2d2

Postby r2d2 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:01 pm

Sounds really good, guess I'll add it to the watch list.

kungpowellyn

Postby kungpowellyn » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:39 pm

Yes! I've watched this show twice already after a friend recommended it to me and said he was on his 15th rewatch of season one! I would love all the different versions if characters that they could do!
ig: kungpowellyn

LaytonsApprentice2

Postby LaytonsApprentice2 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:14 am

TruffleShuffle wrote:It is a very interesting show but the pops would just be "People" pops. For me, those sort aren't interesting unless the person has a style, costume, etc that has that pop stand out from a sea

buried_by_pops wrote:It is a very interesting show but the pops would just be "People" pops. For me, those sort aren't interesting unless the person has a style, costume, etc that has that pop stand out from a sea of

Guys, for real? That's a pretty lame reason actually. What about those Funko Pop! figures based on Westworld, Mr. Robot, Friends or other tv shows? Those are not recognizable at all. Don't tell me, Jonas with his yellow rain jacket and flashlight or Martha with her fringe hair cut wouldn't be recognizable. Here's some art from a talented guy who created some designs that look pretty awesome!

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:25 am

I still need to watch this show from my queue!

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:41 pm

LaytonsApprentice2 wrote:

TruffleShuffle wrote:It is a very interesting show but the pops would just be "People" pops. For me, those sort aren't interesting unless the person has a style, costume, etc that has that pop stand out from a sea

buried_by_pops wrote:It is a very interesting show but the pops would just be "People" pops. For me, those sort aren't interesting unless the person has a style, costume, etc that has that pop stand out from a sea of

Guys, for real? That's a pretty lame reason actually. What about those Funko Pop! figures based on Westworld, Mr. Robot, Friends or other tv shows? Those are not recognizable at all. Don't tell me, Jonas with his yellow rain jacket and flashlight or Martha with her fringe hair cut wouldn't be recognizable. Here's some art from a talented guy who created some designs that look pretty awesome!

The art is pretty nice on them. Maybe they could lead to future pops for the show. The show is German based so I do find that really interesting and the the twist that is part of the show's elements. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:18 pm

rexflexall wrote:I still need to watch this show from my queue!

You and me both. lol looks good and interesting.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:47 pm

I would absolutely love to see Pops for this show. Maybe the best thing I have watched all year.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

haydenstorm

Postby haydenstorm » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:27 am

Still one of my all time favorite shows.
Last edited by haydenstorm on Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
John

haydenstorm

Postby haydenstorm » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:27 am

Still one of my all time favorite shows.
John

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:45 am

This show would definitely lead to some great Pops. I watched the show during lockdown and it's one of my favorite shows of the last few years. The best part is that the show respects your intelligence - there are so many twists and they explain them, assume you are along for the ride, and then keep going. Imagine if Stranger Things showed you the Upside Down instead of explaining it, and then threw even more twists on top of that.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

EZA

Postby EZA » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:21 am

I have not even heard of this series. Worth the watch?

Eric collecting Funko since July 29, 2013 but a collector since 1977
Follow me on Instagram: needful_toys

TadGhostal

Postby TadGhostal » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:22 am

Great show, maybe a few opportunities for some unique Pops, mostly those great renderings above.

Can't wait to do a rewatch - definitely one of those shows that would be rewarding the second time around!

Return to “Pop!”