Uncle Fester Walgreens Exclusive

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
AnyGivenFunko

Re: Uncle Fester Walgreens Exclusive

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:15 am

Wonder if the GITD variant is a chase, Wouldn't be surprised. lol
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

o2thedbld5

Postby o2thedbld5 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:14 pm

Disappointed, obviously but it is what it is. I wished for Light Up Uncle Fester, tbh, but was gonna settle for the glow that was shown in the glam. Now I don't really care for it as much as I was hyped to be but I guess I'll make some thing out of it. I skipped out on buying the common Uncle Fester for this and I now regret it because mayyybe a custom could be made easier with the common. I'm thinking the light bulb in this one may not be hollow. I shall see if I even make an effort to fix this!
This be Aud, o2thedbld, odd!
Fav pop: Thumper :bunny:
ISO: The Jesus from The Big Lebowski, Audrey Hepburn Wacky Wobbler, Mars Attacks Martian

ImageImageImage

jadekitten

Postby jadekitten » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:41 pm

Both of mine came in damaged :( Disappointing that it doesn't glow...Maybe that'll be a variant in the future.

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:43 pm

Boymom4 wrote:I just received my Uncle Fester Walgreens exclusive and guess what...the lightbulb doesn't glow. I could have sworn the glam indicated the light bulb was gitd and had a gitd sticker on box. Also pretty sure Walgreens showed that as well when I placed my order. Just curious if anyone else out there got their pop and has the same issue. Regardless, it's a great looking pop and surprisingly it came mint...I can't tell you the last time I ordered from Walgreens and received a mint or even decent box lol.

Congrats on getting an Uncle Fester with a good box. I also thought the lightbulb would glow. This is one pop that should have been able to light up.
Hi!!! My name is Noah. Pop collector since 2016.
ImageImageImage

Rpiccioni1

Postby Rpiccioni1 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:11 pm

I thought it was suppose to glow. The pics had a glow sticker. Maybe a mistake or what’s yet to come.
:freddy3:

geoffdude

Postby geoffdude » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:44 pm

My Festers came a bit dinged .. because they placed a Free Sample of Clothes Washing Gummy Gels packet on top of them then sealed the box. Very small dents but this could have been totally avoided.

I called and got a refund for each, and they let me keep them as well. Still.. just idiotic overall.

My Dracs (2) arrived in an exactly similar box, but not with the sample pack and they were perfect.

Elbarras1718

Postby Elbarras1718 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:51 pm

LakerNation1216 wrote:Luckily I found this one in store! I've given up on Walgreens shipping, they are the worst! Maybe worse than Amazon even lol.

Mine came in with a dent right by the sticker. ](*,)

MonkeyT

Postby MonkeyT » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:57 pm

Originally I thought it was a GitD also due to the picture on the Walgreens website (it did show that pic with the sticker). Did hear from a friend (after I had ordered) that there was no glow. They messed up a good opportunity for a great glow with his lightbulb.

Urstranger1

Postby Urstranger1 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:03 pm

Got my uncle fester and dracula today..they came in separate boxes and they arrived perfect! Wasn't expecting that. lol!!
SDCC 2010-2023
Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

peruwhite

Postby peruwhite » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:13 pm

Walgreens was trash with my whole order. Fester box was trashed and Dracula wasnt even included in my order. Smh
Funko isn’t just pops, it’s an idea that could lead the world to something better!

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:42 pm

joecolt wrote:Dang. I was hoping it would glow.

I was hoping for an led version.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Fithero81

Postby Fithero81 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:16 am

Funko_boy13 wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:
Funko_boy13 wrote:Yeah mine came the same way I thought it was supposed to glow in the dark too.

Ok, at least I'm not the only one. I know I saw the pic somewhere the indicated the lightbulb glowed and there was even a gitd sticker on the box. Maybe it was altered and not an official pic :-k

Maybe but I recall seeing it have a glow sticker when it was first revealed by funko.

Yup it did have a glow sticker

LakerNation1216

Postby LakerNation1216 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:11 am

Elbarras1718 wrote:
LakerNation1216 wrote:Luckily I found this one in store! I've given up on Walgreens shipping, they are the worst! Maybe worse than Amazon even lol.

Mine came in with a dent right by the sticker. ](*,)

Sorry to hear that! maybe they can send a replacement if it isn't sold out online
Current POP/Dorbz/Misc. Funko Count:
~1,711

Updated 4-11-22

Lakers Basketball
Rams Football

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:20 am

Have to agree with you on this. :(

1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

k05cube

Postby k05cube » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:21 am

I think amazon still the worst lol
:freddy2: Darth Maul Rules!

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:56 am

disappointed the light bulb doesn't glow. This would have looked so cool.
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Oxayotl

Postby Oxayotl » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:01 pm

It definitely should have glowed, but I'm happy to have it. And it showed up undamaged, what a miracle.

LakerNation1216

Postby LakerNation1216 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:17 pm

supertoygiant wrote:

Have to agree with you on this. :(

Lol, sorry! Hate to be right about that!
~1,711

Updated 4-11-22

Lakers Basketball
Rams Football

LakerNation1216

Postby LakerNation1216 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:19 pm

k05cube wrote:

Make sure they refund you shipping too if you are asking for a refund or maybe ask for partial refund if you intend to keep. The last time I made an order with them it was so badly damaged I needed to return it and they tried not to refund me on the shipping. Poor shipping is on them though which is the reason you are returning them in the first place.
~1,711

Updated 4-11-22

Lakers Basketball
Rams Football

MiniPop

Postby MiniPop » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:03 pm

I missed Uncle Fester when he went up on the Walgreens website, but will be watching the local stores to see if they get any in.
Hi, I'm Angelica
*Fan of all things Freddy Funko* :freddy1:

ssmart619

Postby ssmart619 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:16 pm

Are you in the LA area? I am wondering what stores have them out. I have been checking here and there in S. Cali whenever I pass one just in case mine come in thrashed, but no luck lol.

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:37 pm

Wondering the same, since the only pics that had a glow were the drawings and the pic from Walgreens.
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

Kwik_One

Postby Kwik_One » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:44 pm

I totally missed the drop on the website so I have to try and find this at a local store. That will not be an easy task here in Vegas

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:00 pm

Kwik_One wrote:I totally missed the drop on the website so I have to try and find this at a local store. That will not be an easy task here in Vegas

The lady that works the morning shift at our Walgreens has started giving me weird looks.. IDK why. Maybe cause I've been in there every morning on our way to work, walk to the toy isle, turn and end up leaving with out buying anything haha.
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:04 pm

dmitch86 wrote:
Kwik_One wrote:I totally missed the drop on the website so I have to try and find this at a local store. That will not be an easy task here in Vegas

The lady that works the morning shift at our Walgreens has started giving me weird looks.. IDK why. Maybe cause I've been in there every morning on our way to work, walk to the toy isle, turn and end up leaving with out buying anything haha.

Lol, o no you're that guy now

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:16 pm

Sonic77 wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:

We'll it doesn't help that Walgreens also some how got the new Power Rangers lightning figures in already before all the other stores haha

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Kwik_One

Postby Kwik_One » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:51 pm

Sonic77 wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:

Add me to the last of “that guy”. Odd/dirty looks commencing in 3,2,1...

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:01 pm

Just got mine in, no damage thankfully but still bummed it's not the gitd version as pictured. :(

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:19 pm

Sonic77 wrote:Just got mine in, no damage thankfully but still bummed it's not the gitd version as pictured. :(

Glad you received one with no damage, sounds like we both were pretty lucky to receive it without damage lol I guess at this point the pic of the gitd version is a mystery lol

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:21 pm

Sonic77 wrote:Just got mine in, no damage thankfully but still bummed it's not the gitd version as pictured. :(

Thank goodness yours is not damaged! These were hard to get as it is.
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

LakerNation1216

Postby LakerNation1216 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:28 pm

ssmart619 wrote:

Are you in the LA area? I am wondering what stores have them out. I have been checking here and there in S. Cali whenever I pass one just in case mine come in thrashed, but no luck lol.

Yeah I am. I found one in Monrovia off of Huntington in the same plaza as a Sprouts Market.
~1,711

Updated 4-11-22

Lakers Basketball
Rams Football

k05cube

Postby k05cube » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:14 pm

LakerNation1216 wrote:
k05cube wrote:

Make sure they refund you shipping too if you are asking for a refund or maybe ask for partial refund if you intend to keep. The last time I made an order with them it was so badly damaged I needed to return it and they tried not to refund me on the shipping. Poor shipping is on them though which is the reason you are returning them in the first place.

Yeah the only gd thing about amazon is their after sales customer service. lol
:freddy2: Darth Maul Rules!

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:20 pm

Man, I would have loved for Uncle Fester to glow. I guess you can't have Adams Family without a lil mystery.
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:27 pm

I got my Fester and Dracula yesterday, luckily in nice condition! The Fester is so funny, even though the bulb doesn't glow. It still is really nice looking. They should do that lightbulb translucent color more often for stuff, like varients of some Funko Originals. A smokey colored Sike-O-Shriner
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:20 pm

Has anyone attempted to use glow in the dark paint on the bulb to make it glow?

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Sparklepop5

Postby Sparklepop5 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:34 pm

supertoygiant wrote:Has anyone attempted to use glow in the dark paint on the bulb to make it glow?

I need to find one first. ;-)

ssmart619

Postby ssmart619 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:32 am

mine arrived with box damage on both, and some complimentary detergent in the box.

*edit-but somehow my separate order of Spirit Spider, Darth Maul, Han Solo, and Medical Droid arrived in excellent condition along with two complimentary detergents!

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:01 am

Got mine the other day. Was surprised the light bulb does not glow. Agree with some of you might have to try some GITD paint.

Pinspops

Postby Pinspops » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:05 am

Very disappointed that it doesn't glow but it's a cool looking pop :D

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:20 am

supertoygiant wrote:Has anyone attempted to use glow in the dark paint on the bulb to make it glow?

I'm actually tempted to drill a hold through the back to insert an LED.

Return to “Pop!”