Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
PopPChulo

Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Pops

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:48 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:My roommate is currently watching Demon Slayer and I want to join her so bad, but that would mean we would have to start from episode 1 together and I don't want to do that to her lol I'll have to watch it on my own time.

The art style and color scheme for this show is outstanding! Especially for Tanjiro.

A friend of mine requested that I draw Tanjiro in Pop! form, and I'm really excited to get started once I have free time :D

The art style reminds me of GhiBLi on steroids. Demon Slayer might be top 5 as far as new anime out right now. As I watch the show I find myself getting more nd more engrossed
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:10 am

YeetGrimes wrote:
91shawny wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:My roommate is currently watching Demon Slayer and I want to join her so bad, but that would mean we would have to start from episode 1 together and I don't want to do that to her lol I'll have to watch it on my own time.

The art style and color scheme for this show is outstanding! Especially for Tanjiro.

A friend of mine requested that I draw Tanjiro in Pop! form, and I'm really excited to get started once I have free time :D

Let your friend finish it first and have her watch it over with you, she'll appreciate it

She just finished it today! I can't wait to get started. The art style is mesmerizing.

Studio ufotable never, ever misses the mark!
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 1530 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImage

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:42 am

My buddy just told me about this anime so I’m spending my day off watching it. I want to know what’s everyone talking about. So I’m going to watch it.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:18 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:My buddy just told me about this anime so I’m spending my day off watching it. I want to know what’s everyone talking about. So I’m going to watch it.

You'll love it, but do the sub, the dub recently came out and they butchered inosuke's voice, BAD

ImageImageImageImage

funkopants777

Postby funkopants777 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:33 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
91shawny wrote:
funkopants777 wrote:

Poppchulo:
As promised I'm returning because I've started it. I'm on episode 10 and this anime is F I R E. Honestly I feel like this may be the most innovative anime I've watched this year in terms of the art style as well as the pacing. They dont waste your time at all haha the character progression is insane. I'd buy this whole set. I want a anime moment with one of the water techniques.

Yessss! I’m so excited that you like it! ^__^
Who’s your fav?!!
ImageImageImage

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:13 am

91shawny wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:My buddy just told me about this anime so I’m spending my day off watching it. I want to know what’s everyone talking about. So I’m going to watch it.

You'll love it, but do the sub, the dub recently came out and they butchered inosuke's voice, BAD

So I sat down and watched the whole season today and all I can say is that it is a great show. Loved it. Can’t wait for more episodes. Oh and if they ever make these pops best believe I’m getting them. Show was fire.
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:46 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
91shawny wrote:

So I sat down and watched the whole season today and all I can say is that it is a great show. Loved it. Can’t wait for more episodes. Oh and if they ever make these pops best believe I’m getting them. Show was fire.

did you scream seeing episode 19? It was an amazing day as it trended on Twitter.

ImageImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:11 am

91shawny wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
91shawny wrote:

did you scream seeing episode 19? It was an amazing day as it trended on Twitter.

That was definitely the best episode.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:07 pm

TheStephil wrote:
91shawny wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:So I sat down and watched the whole season today and all I can say is that it is a great show. Loved it. Can’t wait for more episodes. Oh and if they ever make these pops best believe I’m getting them. Show was fire.

That was definitely the best episode.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Definitely the best!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:24 pm

funkopants777 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Poppchulo:
As promised I'm returning because I've started it. I'm on episode 10 and this anime is F I R E. Honestly I feel like this may be the most innovative anime I've watched this year in terms of the art style as well as the pacing. They dont waste your time at all haha the character progression is insane. I'd buy this whole set. I want a anime moment with one of the water techniques.

Who’s your fav?!!

Man that's a hard one. I hate to be cliche but I'm going to say Tanjiro is my favorite. I think that there is a tremendous amount of potential for the Hashiras to be likable characters but I'm sure you already know we havent seen enough of then yet. I love all of the characters haha one thing about the supporting characters is they have the extremes of each personality. One is EXTREMELY EDGY - Inosuke and then the other one is extremely timid. Theres so much I want to know about the story that I truly cant wait for the next season!
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:48 am

PopPChulo wrote:
funkopants777 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:Poppchulo:

Who’s your fav?!!

Man that's a hard one. I hate to be cliche but I'm going to say Tanjiro is my favorite. I think that there is a tremendous amount of potential for the Hashiras to be likable characters but I'm sure you already know we havent seen enough of then yet. I love all of the characters haha one thing about the supporting characters is they have the extremes of each personality. One is EXTREMELY EDGY - Inosuke and then the other one is extremely timid. Theres so much I want to know about the story that I truly cant wait for the next season!

I try to watch a new anime (once I’m done with one) and the first episode of any new show is where I will be either hooked or intrigued to watch the next episode. Demon Slayer, MHA and ATO all got me hooked from the first view.

I’ve seen Demon Slayer only as Subbed so I might try the Dub version to compare voice and not having to read the subtitles lol
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:24 pm

MrSmileyFace wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
funkopants777 wrote:

Who’s your fav?!!

I try to watch a new anime (once I’m done with one) and the first episode of any new show is where I will be either hooked or intrigued to watch the next episode. Demon Slayer, MHA and ATO all got me hooked from the first view.

I’ve seen Demon Slayer only as Subbed so I might try the Dub version to compare voice and not having to read the subtitles lol

ATO ? Not too sure what that one is - but I definitely would like to know more so I can verify if I need to check it out lol - People keep telling me to watch jojos bizarre adventure. They tell me that it is a sleeper hit. Haha right now im stuck on demon slayer the most. Its been a good time for anime this year
PopPChulo

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:55 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

ATO ? Not too sure what that one is - but I definitely would like to know more so I can verify if I need to check it out lol - People keep telling me to watch jojos bizarre adventure. They tell me that it is a sleeper hit. Haha right now im stuck on demon slayer the most. Its been a good time for anime this year

My bad. Attack on Titans (AOT).

I’ve watched JoJos big adventure. There’s so many series of these that it depends on which one they are talking about. It has a lot of action but the storyline can be bizarre at times
- Ray

ImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:29 am

MrSmileyFace wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:

I’ve watched JoJos big adventure. There’s so many series of these that it depends on which one they are talking about. It has a lot of action but the storyline can be bizarre at times

As far as favorites go, I have to agree that Tanjiro would be my favorite as well, the only other MC that's my favorite is Deku and just because they both are different from the stereotypical anime shonen MCs.

The dub person I was going to try out but after hearing inosuke's VA I'm a bit skeptical.

I've meaning to get into Jojos but I know its super bizarre and I'm preparing myself for it, I just dont know where to start cuz isnt there like 8 iterations that goes back to the 90s?

ImageImageImageImage

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:01 am

91shawny wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

As far as favorites go, I have to agree that Tanjiro would be my favorite as well, the only other MC that's my favorite is Deku and just because they both are different from the stereotypical anime shonen MCs.

The dub person I was going to try out but after hearing inosuke's VA I'm a bit skeptical.

I've meaning to get into Jojos but I know its super bizarre and I'm preparing myself for it, I just dont know where to start cuz isnt there like 8 iterations that goes back to the 90s?

I wouldn't bother watching the one from the 90s, it is only JoJo part 3 and it has shortcomings. Start at Phantom Blood (2012) and work your way to Vento Aureo (Golden Wind) which came out this year. JoJo currently has 8 parts in the manga, but is only animated to Part 5. It is totally worth the watch and is pretty fresh each new part since the whole idea of the show changes.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:53 am

cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:

I wouldn't bother watching the one from the 90s, it is only JoJo part 3 and it has shortcomings. Start at Phantom Blood (2012) and work your way to Vento Aureo (Golden Wind) which came out this year. JoJo currently has 8 parts in the manga, but is only animated to Part 5. It is totally worth the watch and is pretty fresh each new part since the whole idea of the show changes.

Thanks Dillon, I remember when I was watching JoJo, I was confused on the order in which to watch the show. I’ll have to check out the latest one. I think JoJo is definitely pop worthy with its interesting characters
- Ray

ImageImage

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:07 am

MrSmileyFace wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Thanks Dillon, I remember when I was watching JoJo, I was confused on the order in which to watch the show. I’ll have to check out the latest one. I think JoJo is definitely pop worthy with its interesting characters

The poses would be excellent in themselves! Vento Aureo is most peoples favorite, I think I prefer Diamond is Unbreakable still, but it is pretty much a toss up between the two. Part 6 (Stone Ocean) should be coming next year or the year after!
Hi, I'm Dillon!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:43 am

cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:

I was told that it is a big pill to swallow and that I should start from the beginning - I'm pretty much willing to see how it pans out. I am probably going to start from the beginning and push onwards til I get to the end just to make sure I cover all ground. I want to really be able to intake the entire bizarre story. lol of course as usual I'll come back and report after I see it.
PopPChulo

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:06 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:

I was told that it is a big pill to swallow and that I should start from the beginning - I'm pretty much willing to see how it pans out. I am probably going to start from the beginning and push onwards til I get to the end just to make sure I cover all ground. I want to really be able to intake the entire bizarre story. lol of course as usual I'll come back and report after I see it.

I should be a little more clear. The 90s is JoJo part 3 (Stardust Crusaders) and there is really no reason to watch it since the current run (that started in 2012) covers Stardust Crusaders in its entirety (this released in 2014-2015). The 90s is decent but has large shortcomings and is really only worth watching if you REALLY want to see the same story over and to a lesser caliber.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:58 pm

This morning I saw these AMAZINGLY crafted CUSTOM Demon Slayer Pop!s. I was in awe. Here's the photo but please keep in mind that these are CUSTOMS. I don't want people running around and saying we got Demon Slayer Pop!s lol

Aren't they AMAZING?!
https://www.instagram.com/p/B30-KwjH5uC/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:04 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:This morning I saw these AMAZINGLY crafted CUSTOM Demon Slayer Pop!s. I was in awe. Here's the photo but please keep in mind that these are CUSTOMS. I don't want people running around and saying we got Demon Slayer Pop!s lol

Aren't they AMAZING?!

They are quite good. I've been following the artist for awhile. Should have painted versions soon.
Hi, I’m Steph.

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:25 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:This morning I saw these AMAZINGLY crafted CUSTOM Demon Slayer Pop!s. I was in awe. Here's the photo but please keep in mind that these are CUSTOMS. I don't want people running around and saying we got Demon Slayer Pop!s lol

Aren't they AMAZING?!

I’ve seen this posted on FB. I’d be curious how well his painting skills are. I recall the person who made this that he may not paint them... and leave it as is... maybe to look more like a proto.

I’m sure Funko will make Demon Slayer pops in the future and I’ll save my money for them rather than buy a custom
- Ray

ImageImage

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:38 pm

Aren't they AMAZING?!

Definitely don't need to get any rumors started. :D
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:53 pm

TheStephil wrote:

Aren't they AMAZING?!

They are quite good. I've been following the artist for awhile. Should have painted versions soon.

I need to follow them! So talented. Can't wait to see them painted!
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:55 pm

MrSmileyFace wrote:

Aren't they AMAZING?!

I’ve seen this posted on FB. I’d be curious how well his painting skills are. I recall the person who made this that he may not paint them... and leave it as is... maybe to look more like a proto.

I’m sure Funko will make Demon Slayer pops in the future and I’ll save my money for them rather than buy a custom

I kind of like them in proto form but curious to see how well he paints too! And same here. I wouldn't buy but I love to look at it!

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:12 pm

TheStephil wrote:

Aren't they AMAZING?!

Do you happen to know their social media handle? Unfortunately the person who posted this forgot to tag them.

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:34 pm

I hope they will get the license I heard this is one of the hottest anime in japan
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:39 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Aren't they AMAZING?!

Do you happen to know their social media handle? Unfortunately the person who posted this forgot to tag them.

No, I don't. They are in a Facebook group I'm apart of but I haven't seen anything on twitter or instagram.
Hi, I’m Steph.

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:44 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:

Aren't they AMAZING?!

I kind of like them in proto form but curious to see how well he paints too! And same here. I wouldn't buy but I love to look at it!

I agree. I am starting to have more appreciation for protos...sort of cool if you think about how pops are eventually made.
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:03 pm

theoneupper02 wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:

I agree. I am starting to have more appreciation for protos...sort of cool if you think about how pops are eventually made.

I've recently found a love for protos. There is something special about owning a piece of the creative process for a collectible I love.
Hi, I’m Steph.

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:51 pm

TheStephil wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

No, I don't. They are in a Facebook group I'm apart of but I haven't seen anything on twitter or instagram.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks!

kickinit

Postby kickinit » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:44 pm

Aren't they AMAZING?!

Wow, can't believe how good they look

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:02 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:Do you happen to know their social media handle? Unfortunately the person who posted this forgot to tag them.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks!

The company name is Prolific3D on Instagram but they haven’t posted these yet.
He did make Nezuko a box and it’s adorable.

Hi, I’m Steph.

islander671

Postby islander671 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:34 pm

wow!! those customs are amazing!! I love them and I cannot wait for Funko to make their own so we can pick them up already!! Love the show!!
ImageImage

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:07 am

TheStephil wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Ah, gotcha. Thanks!

Thanks so much! I'll be sure to follow.

That is TOO CUTE!!!

afkbee

Postby afkbee » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:12 am

I need a Zenitsu Pop in my life that's all.

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:27 am

I hope the make the guy with the boar head. That guy has some bad swords. I think he’s one of my favorites on the show.

Skatervic23

Postby Skatervic23 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:14 am

91shawny wrote:I mean if you haven't heard or watched this summer's hot new anime Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, then what are you doing!? Go now!

With that being said, last week's episode broke the internet and was trending on twitter, so the potential should be there for the pops?

For a starting four, its pretty obvious to go with Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Nezuko, and Inosuke (boar head)

Haven’t seen this show before

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:21 am

TheStephil wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Ah, gotcha. Thanks!

Wow, pretty cool. Nice custom work and it’s scary how good these 3D machines can fabricate stuff that could be mistaken as funko pops/protos.
- Ray

ImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:50 am

MrSmileyFace wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:Ah, gotcha. Thanks!

Spoiler: show

Wow, pretty cool. Nice custom work and it’s scary how good these 3D machines can fabricate stuff that could be mistaken as funko pops/protos.

I admire the product and work that goes into it, as long as they aren't trying to pass them off as protos I'm here for it, I could never do it but I always like seeing it done.

Sidebar I actually placed an order with the maker for a MHA sign for my collection, can't wait for it to come in

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Pop!”