Ad Icon Geoffrey as Batman

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
NCDS

Re: Ad Icon Geoffrey as Batman

Postby NCDS » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:12 am

mongoose12 wrote:
Purplemz24 wrote:The idea of this pop makes me laugh. It's unique in an odd Funko way. I can't wait to see it up close....may just change my mind and get it haha

no denying its an odd combo...that in itself makes me want it lol...nothing everything has to make sense in eyes ;-)

I think they are more fun when they don't make sense!
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:31 am

NCDS wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
Purplemz24 wrote:The idea of this pop makes me laugh. It's unique in an odd Funko way. I can't wait to see it up close....may just change my mind and get it haha

no denying its an odd combo...that in itself makes me want it lol...nothing everything has to make sense in eyes ;-)

thats sort of my point! :freddy2:

CrushMcLovin

Postby CrushMcLovin » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:37 pm

NCDS wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

I totally agree, definitely great as a conversation starter when friends come visit and look through the collection.
:freddy2:
Funatic since '13
Funko Collection Count: 962
http://www.TheVIParolaz.com
PROTO ISO: MCU / Disney Pixar

Rcolwell20

Postby Rcolwell20 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:40 pm

BestDadEver wrote:
Rcolwell20 wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:Saw pictures of this and def a must have. Would make a great addition to all the other Batman items

Yah it definitely would. And to ad icon collections as well

True, plus being from the 70/80s tour r is has a special meaning and really hope they open in the US again soon

I heard they were re organizing and coming out with little sections of most popular toys in some larger stores and calling it “Geoffreys toy box” or something like that. I don’t think we will ever see a full brick and mortar store again unfortunately but atleast it’s something. I’m just glad my kids though still young, got to experience toys t us. They loved that store
Hi, I’m Rob. I love being a Funatic and my biggest fandoms are ad icons and Freddys as characters sprinkled in with a few random things. Also I am big into collecting POP! Pez. I hope to make as many friends on here as I can. Always great meeting other Funatics
Funklub#9872

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:11 pm

Rcolwell20 wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:
Rcolwell20 wrote:Yah it definitely would. And to ad icon collections as well

True, plus being from the 70/80s tour r is has a special meaning and really hope they open in the US again soon

I heard they were re organizing and coming out with little sections of most popular toys in some larger stores and calling it “Geoffreys toy box” or something like that. I don’t think we will ever see a full brick and mortar store again unfortunately but atleast it’s something. I’m just glad my kids though still young, got to experience toys t us. They loved that store

I grew up being a Toys R Us kid and is one of my favorite childhood memories.
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FUNKON 2021

Loki437

Postby Loki437 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:14 pm

Can't get enough Batman's! And Geoffrey will always be in all of the 80's kids hearts. Expect this one to do well :D
Hi I'm Brandon
Funklub Member: 3538
ImageImage

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:07 pm

Lexi wrote:
Rcolwell20 wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:True, plus being from the 70/80s tour r is has a special meaning and really hope they open in the US again soon

Oh you and me both. I can still remember what it felt like going in to one on those special occasions and wanting everything only to be told is it you b day ????
Image Image

k05cube

Postby k05cube » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:18 pm

Leechinyuan wrote:
k05cube wrote:
Leechinyuan wrote:
Too bad

eBay is always our best friend lol

Ebay =
Eat You Dry bay!

No lah is expensive but ai yah lol
:freddy2: Darth Maul Rules!

k05cube

Postby k05cube » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:20 pm

kelvinwong wrote:
Leechinyuan wrote:
k05cube wrote:

Ebay =
Eat You Dry bay!

Wah Wah! Very apt description!

But but you still buy right? lol

k05cube

Postby k05cube » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:21 pm

kelvinwong wrote:
k05cube wrote:
Leechinyuan wrote:
Too bad

eBay is Best Friend for all of us ;)

I’d say is kinda last option lol

k05cube

Postby k05cube » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:22 pm

Leechinyuan wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:
Leechinyuan wrote:

Ebay =
Eat You Dry bay!

Wah Wah! Very apt description!

Wahhahaha nice ah

:cheers: :cheers:

Rcolwell20

Postby Rcolwell20 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:41 pm

Lexi wrote:
Rcolwell20 wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:True, plus being from the 70/80s tour r is has a special meaning and really hope they open in the US again soon

oh I’m with you on that. And it’s funny because obviously as I got older I stopped going in there but when I had kids and they were old enough to appreciate a big toy store I think I enjoyed going in even more with them
Hi, I’m Rob. I love being a Funatic and my biggest fandoms are ad icons and Freddys as characters sprinkled in with a few random things. Also I am big into collecting POP! Pez. I hope to make as many friends on here as I can. Always great meeting other Funatics
Funklub#9872

Rcolwell20

Postby Rcolwell20 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:44 pm

BestDadEver wrote:
Lexi wrote:
Rcolwell20 wrote:I heard they were re organizing and coming out with little sections of most popular toys in some larger stores and calling it “Geoffreys toy box” or something like that. I don’t think we will ever see a full brick and mortar store again unfortunately but atleast it’s something. I’m just glad my kids though still young, got to experience toys t us. They loved that store

Oh you and me both. I can still remember what it felt like going in to one on those special occasions and wanting everything only to be told is it you b day ????
i remember seeing on Nickelodeon when the kids did the shop till you drop or whatever in toys r us and I always wished I could have been one of those kids. That’s why I’m affraid when I take the family to the new Funko store in Hollywood next year I might spend a small fortune and do a semi shop till I drop lol
Funklub#9872

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:44 pm

Rcolwell20 wrote:
Lexi wrote:
Rcolwell20 wrote:I heard they were re organizing and coming out with little sections of most popular toys in some larger stores and calling it “Geoffreys toy box” or something like that. I don’t think we will ever see a full brick and mortar store again unfortunately but atleast it’s something. I’m just glad my kids though still young, got to experience toys t us. They loved that store

oh I’m with you on that. And it’s funny because obviously as I got older I stopped going in there but when I had kids and they were old enough to appreciate a big toy store I think I enjoyed going in even more with them

I used to drive by on my way home from work about once a week and would walk around like I do at target. Not always buying anything but always looking for an excuse to buy something. Kids today won’t know what that felt like as a kid. It was such as great felling.
Image Image

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:16 am

CrushMcLovin wrote:
NCDS wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

I totally agree, definitely great as a conversation starter when friends come visit and look through the collection.

exactly! this guy "gets it" lol \:D/

Gman18251

Postby Gman18251 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:03 am

BestDadEver wrote:
Rcolwell20 wrote:
Lexi wrote:

I used to drive by on my way home from work about once a week and would walk around like I do at target. Not always buying anything but always looking for an excuse to buy something. Kids today won’t know what that felt like as a kid. It was such as great felling.

I still don't wanna grow up, forever a Toy R US kid.. ;-)
:freddy4: love Pop collecting, mainly into rick and morty , all Star Wars, GOT and Marvel .

jigsaw

Postby jigsaw » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:05 am

i forgot about this one!!!! lol
SOME PEOPLE ARE SO UNGRATEFUL TO BE ALIVE.... BUT NOT YOU.... NOT ANYMORE.
ImageImage

IG: @Jigsaws_movie_room

Image ImageImage
ImageImage

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:34 am

Gman18251 wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:
Rcolwell20 wrote:oh I’m with you on that. And it’s funny because obviously as I got older I stopped going in there but when I had kids and they were old enough to appreciate a big toy store I think I enjoyed going in even more with them

Haha I told my wife sorry not sorry but I’m a kid for life haha
Image Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:35 am

I....am.....Geoffrey!!!

Rcolwell20

Postby Rcolwell20 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:55 am

Gman18251 wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:
Rcolwell20 wrote:oh I’m with you on that. And it’s funny because obviously as I got older I stopped going in there but when I had kids and they were old enough to appreciate a big toy store I think I enjoyed going in even more with them

from toys to trains to video games, it’s the greatest toy store there is, gee wiz. lol I’m actually kinda proud I remembered that
Funklub#9872

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:57 pm

Gman18251 wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:

Great philosophy to live by.
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FUNKON 2021

robjimenez

Postby robjimenez » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:34 pm

Lexi wrote:
Gman18251 wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:I used to drive by on my way home from work about once a week and would walk around like I do at target. Not always buying anything but always looking for an excuse to buy something. Kids today won’t know what that felt like as a kid. It was such as great felling.

one of the greatest theme songs brings back memories

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:51 am

robjimenez wrote:
Lexi wrote:
Gman18251 wrote:

one of the greatest theme songs brings back memories

That theme song is as recognized to me like seeing some nikes Makes me smile all the time and easily brings back those childhood memories
Image Image

swobobafett
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby swobobafett » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:26 am

spidex wrote:Image
It kinda grows on me the more I look at it!

These are the strangest mashups.
Funko Funbae

Rcolwell20

Postby Rcolwell20 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:01 am

jjb11590 wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:I don't know the exact date but I just hope it's not another Bullseye like drop!

Ugh, I hope not...I want that Geoffrey as Batman pop so bad!

I didn’t try for flocked bullseye and from what I saw and heard it was a nightmare. So I’m with you. I hope trying for Geoffrey is a lot easier
Funklub#9872

Rcolwell20

Postby Rcolwell20 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:05 am

Hahahah yah it definitely does. I had the same reaction to Geoffrey as iron man but if Funko is going to go all the way and make him as a lot of other characters then it’s like he’s getting his own line
Funklub#9872

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:06 am

This one looks great! I wish the Iron Man one had a special sculpt like this.
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:04 pm

supertoygiant wrote:I don't know the exact date but I just hope it's not another Bullseye like drop!

Im with you on that one.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:13 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:This one looks great! I wish the Iron Man one had a special sculpt like this.

I remember being super confused when the iron man figure came out and stayed away from it. Caved many months later and bought 1 from ebay :D let's see if there are more in the future
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

spidex

Postby spidex » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:57 am

Looking forward to a spidey Geoffrey in the future!!
lol
ImageImage
ImageImage

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wHy mE woRRy? :spiderman:
IG: www.instagram.com/spidexy

millone

Postby millone » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:25 am

NCDS wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

Thats why i bought the iron man one. Weird crazy

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:36 am

Chris23tian wrote:I still don’t get this Mash-Up.

I don’t either, but I try not to over think these things. lol
Hi!!! My name is Noah. Pop collector since 2016.
ImageImageImage

FunkoAlphaBravo

Postby FunkoAlphaBravo » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:25 pm

It looks so good! Wherever it sells, it will sellout!
Hi all! We’re Annie and Beto. We have been collecting since 2016
ImageImage
ImageImage

islander671

Postby islander671 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:44 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

Im with you on that one.

Same here. I would like to have a chance to get one.
ImageImageImage

5panel

Postby 5panel » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:53 pm

Lol no why is this being made

Chris23tian

Postby Chris23tian » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:56 pm

Minyinz610 wrote:

Lol. I might try that
Making Fun Premiere 2018
Funatic Disneyland Meet Up 2018
ECCC 2018
Funko Funkast Meet-Up 2018
Funko Fundays 2019
Funko Hollywood HQ
Funkon Hollywood/ Virtual Fundays

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:21 am

islander671 wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

Im with you on that one.

Same here. I would like to have a chance to get one.

Some of these drops have been crazy on the target site. It goes live but can’t add to cart cause the bots are eating it up. Hopefully they bring this pop to the store also it makes it somewhat easier.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

buddylee

Postby buddylee » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:22 am

Minyinz610 wrote:

agreed agreed. strange mashup

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:01 am

Rcolwell20 wrote:

Hahahah yah it definitely does. I had the same reaction to Geoffrey as iron man but if Funko is going to go all the way and make him as a lot of other characters then it’s like he’s getting his own line

Does this make you wonder who got the intellectual property/image rights of Geoffrey? Either it was straight up Target or a really good licensor that was able to cross some pretty interesting license boundaries.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

Rcolwell20

Postby Rcolwell20 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:58 am

volsspongebob wrote:
Rcolwell20 wrote:

Does this make you wonder who got the intellectual property/image rights of Geoffrey? Either it was straight up Target or a really good licensor that was able to cross some pretty interesting license boundaries.

Target is a very big company and it seems like they could be paying a premium for more exclusives over other companies so it wouldn’t suprise me if they payed to get the Geoffrey rights from TRU
Funklub#9872

Return to “Pop!”