Borderlands Pop!s - What do you wanna see?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
TheStephil

Borderlands Pop!s - What do you wanna see?

Postby TheStephil » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:10 am

With the release of Borderlands 3 today, my mind is already spinning thinking of all the new potential pops that can be made. I personally can't wait to get home and binge play until my fingers get numb.

What pops would you like Funko to release?
Who are we missing from the previous games?
Who is your favorite character from the games?

How many buttstallion NYCC exclusives are you picking up?

Hi, I’m Steph.

BrooklynJava

Re: Borderlands Pop!s - What do you wanna see?

Postby BrooklynJava » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:13 am

I'd love to see a Salvador and maybe a Gaige 2-pack with Deathtrap. Also got to have Roland, Brick and Mordecai. As for Butt Stallion, I'm probably picking up one or two, depending on how many I know want them. ;-)

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:19 am

BrooklynJava wrote:I'd love to see a Salvador and maybe a Gaige 2-pack with Deathtrap. Also got to have Roland, Brick and Mordecai. As for Butt Stallion, I'm probably picking up one or two, depending on how many I know want them. ;-)

All great choices. It would be really cool to have a Gaige 4" and a Deathtrap 6" together.
Mordecai with Bloodwing on his shoulder would be an instant buy for me. He needs his companion with him.

I kid around with my husband that I want a dozen Buttstallions but in reality I'd like 1-2 for our Borderlands display and 1 for my office to sit with Claptrap. My husband may want 1 for his office display too.
Hi, I’m Steph.

BrooklynJava

Postby BrooklynJava » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:22 am

TheStephil wrote:
BrooklynJava wrote:I'd love to see a Salvador and maybe a Gaige 2-pack with Deathtrap. Also got to have Roland, Brick and Mordecai. As for Butt Stallion, I'm probably picking up one or two, depending on how many I know want them. ;-)

All great choices. It would be really cool to have a Gaige 4" and a Deathtrap 6" together.
Mordecai with Bloodwing on his shoulder would be an instant buy for me. He needs his companion with him.

I kid around with my husband that I want a dozen Buttstallions but in reality I'd like 1-2 for our Borderlands display and 1 for my office to sit with Claptrap. My husband may want 1 for his office display too.

Haha, a dozen would be quite the sight to behold and Mordecai w/ Bloodwing would be a must have. Was also pondering what variants I'd love to see if they ever made them and there's three I know I'd want. Glow in the Dark Holo-Jack and Bloody Butt Stallion from Tales from the Borderlands and a Rainbow Claptrap based on his Rainbow Coolant talent from Pre-Sequel.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:55 am

BrooklynJava wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Haha, a dozen would be quite the sight to behold and Mordecai w/ Bloodwing would be a must have. Was also pondering what variants I'd love to see if they ever made them and there's three I know I'd want. Glow in the Dark Holo-Jack and Bloody Butt Stallion from Tales from the Borderlands and a Rainbow Claptrap based on his Rainbow Coolant talent from Pre-Sequel.

A GITD Holo-Jack would look really cool. We need a GITD Borderlands pop.

Claptrap is my favorite and I'd love more variants of him. I know there are characters without pops so it's a bit selfish to want more Claptrap variants but I am his minion. Rainbow would be cool. There are a few other variants of him from the Pre-Sequel that I'd like to see too.

A few other claptrap variants I'd like to see:
-10" or 19" regular claptrap
-Claptrap with a ducky floaty around him (Pre-Sequel)
-Red Claptrap
-Battle damaged Claptrap
-Wizard Claptrap (Bunkers and Bada**es - Borderlands 2)
-Claptrap with a gun
-Claptrap with a birthday hat
Hi, I’m Steph.

BrooklynJava

Postby BrooklynJava » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:08 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Spoiler: show
BrooklynJava wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Claptrap is my favorite and I'd love more variants of him. I know there are characters without pops so it's a bit selfish to want more Claptrap variants but I am his minion. Rainbow would be cool. There are a few other variants of him from the Pre-Sequel that I'd like to see too.

-Red Claptrap
-Battle damaged Claptrap
-Claptrap with a gun

Some of those are pretty good choices and a 10" would be welcome. Know my husband would be all like... :mir1:

angrynate

Postby angrynate » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:56 pm

Just started playing Borderlands 3 last night and all I want right now is FL4K in a bunch of variant colors, and all his pets as pops. I'm sure this list will grow as I get further into the game!
That's my secret Cap... I'm always angry

ImageImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:26 pm

angrynate wrote:Just started playing Borderlands 3 last night and all I want right now is FL4K in a bunch of variant colors, and all his pets as pops. I'm sure this list will grow as I get further into the game!

I can't wait to star the game tonight. I'll be playing as FL4K too.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:27 pm

BrooklynJava wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
BrooklynJava wrote:

-Red Claptrap
-Battle damaged Claptrap
-Claptrap with a gun

Some of those are pretty good choices and a 10" would be welcome. Know my husband would be all like... :mir1:

Haha that would be me. I hate how pricey 10" can get but they look so good... in moderation.
Hi, I’m Steph.

angrynate

Postby angrynate » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:27 pm

TheStephil wrote:
angrynate wrote:Just started playing Borderlands 3 last night and all I want right now is FL4K in a bunch of variant colors, and all his pets as pops. I'm sure this list will grow as I get further into the game!

Enjoy! Played a couple of hours last night and I can't wait to get home to play more. I am stuck at work for another few hours and all I can think about is playing Borderlands. I noticed a few co-workers "sick" today as well...

ImageImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:27 pm

angrynate wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Enjoy! Played a couple of hours last night and I can't wait to get home to play more. I am stuck at work for another few hours and all I can think about is playing Borderlands. I noticed a few co-workers "sick" today as well...

It’s so good. We are playing local multiplayer on the PS3 and the text is tiny but other than that, no complaints.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:38 pm

I personally need to get some of the older ones first but some glow in the dark ones would be awesome. I can’t wait to get the buttstallion.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:47 pm

Funko_boy13 wrote:I personally need to get some of the older ones first but some glow in the dark ones would be awesome. I can’t wait to get the buttstallion.

I can’t wait to find out where Buttstallion is shared.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:32 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Funko_boy13 wrote:I personally need to get some of the older ones first but some glow in the dark ones would be awesome. I can’t wait to get the buttstallion.

I think GameStop from what I’m hearing.

Vertigo813

Postby Vertigo813 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:46 pm

Funko_boy13 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

I would be shocked if it wasn’t shared with GameStop.
Image Image

angrynate

Postby angrynate » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:19 pm

Vertigo813 wrote:
Funko_boy13 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

GameStop makes the most sense, hoping this one won't be super hard to get! some of the SDCC GameStop shared ones were hard to find for me.

ImageImageImageImage

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:50 pm

angrynate wrote:
Vertigo813 wrote:
Funko_boy13 wrote:

GameStop makes the most sense, hoping this one won't be super hard to get! some of the SDCC GameStop shared ones were hard to find for me.

GameStops tend to be good for con exclusives but not always so I wouldn’t take any chances on it being easy to get.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:43 am

Funko_boy13 wrote:
angrynate wrote:
Vertigo813 wrote:I would be shocked if it wasn’t shared with GameStop.

GameStops tend to be good for con exclusives but not always so I wouldn’t take any chances on it being easy to get.

It really depends on the local stores in my opinion. The website is hit or miss but if you have local stores with good stock, it won’t matter if the website is being difficult. All the SDCC exclusives (except Simpsons) can still be found in my local shops.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:44 am

I really need FL4K with Mr. Skaggerton Chew 2 pack. He’s so fun to play.
Hi, I’m Steph.

angrynate

Postby angrynate » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:16 am

TheStephil wrote:
Funko_boy13 wrote:
angrynate wrote:

It really depends on the local stores in my opinion. The website is hit or miss but if you have local stores with good stock, it won’t matter if the website is being difficult. All the SDCC exclusives (except Simpsons) can still be found in my local shops.

Yeah, I had a lot of trouble finding the Kang & Kodos, had to turn to the secondary market for that one. Fingers and toes are crossed.

ImageImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:02 am

angrynate wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Funko_boy13 wrote:

Yeah, I had a lot of trouble finding the Kang & Kodos, had to turn to the secondary market for that one. Fingers and toes are crossed.

Just didn’t seem like they sent much stock of that one to stores. It wasn’t one I was going for but I heard stories.
Luckily Borderlands is less popular than The Simpsons. My local stores still have plenty of Maya.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:04 am

Anyone else playing FL4K?
I’m using Mr. (Skaggerton) Chew and he’s such a good pet. The little things like being able to pet him and the dialogue are nice touches.
Trying not to burn through the game but so far it’s loads of fun.
Hi, I’m Steph.

BrooklynJava

Postby BrooklynJava » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:14 pm

TheStephil wrote:

I hope it's GameStop, can go for a walk and pass by so many of them. lol

TheStephil wrote:
angrynate wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Just didn’t seem like they sent much stock of that one to stores. It wasn’t one I was going for but I heard stories.
Luckily Borderlands is less popular than The Simpsons. My local stores still have plenty of Maya.

Yeah, Kang and Kodos wasn't stocked well, even when there was supposed "restocks" which I wonder if it just wasn't people sending back one or two damaged boxes and "restocking" them since they'd sell out in less than a minute. My stores have a lot of the Maya pops as well, eventually got one for free during one of their many sales since then. ;-)

angrynate

Postby angrynate » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:11 pm

TheStephil wrote:Anyone else playing FL4K?
I’m using Mr. (Skaggerton) Chew and he’s such a good pet. The little things like being able to pet him and the dialogue are nice touches.

I am! FL4K is so great. His voice lines have been pretty hilarious so far, and having the pet is such a great bonus. I am enjoying this game so much more than I thought I would.

ImageImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:29 pm

angrynate wrote:

I am! FL4K is so great. His voice lines have been pretty hilarious so far, and having the pet is such a great bonus. I am enjoying this game so much more than I thought I would.

I’m playing 2 player with my husband so I mostly hear Zane’s commentary but when FL4K does speak, it’s amusing.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:13 pm

They are amazing however can't add new lines. I have too many pops as of the moment
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:27 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:They are amazing however can't add new lines. I have too many pops as of the moment

There is always room for a few more ;-)
Hi, I’m Steph.

Vertigo813

Postby Vertigo813 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:57 pm

TheStephil wrote:
angrynate wrote:

I’m playing 2 player with my husband so I mostly hear Zane’s commentary but when FL4K does speak, it’s amusing.

That is the great thing about Borderlands, even if you burn through the story there is sooo much to do in the endgame, plus there is the option of playing through the campaign again with a new character.
Image Image

angrynate

Postby angrynate » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:58 am

Vertigo813 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
angrynate wrote:

That is the great thing about Borderlands, even if you burn through the story there is sooo much to do in the endgame, plus there is the option of playing through the campaign again with a new character.

With all the customizable heads, color schemes, weapon skins, weapons... vehicles! Every single time I see a character in this game I just want to see it in pop form. PLEASE FUNKO PLEASE haha.

ImageImageImageImage

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:29 am

Salvador, Salvador and Salvador, I love him! But I would also love Tiny Tena, Mister Torgue, and The Warrior

Instagram: whatthefunk206

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:05 am

I’ve just start e getting into this game. Wow just amazing. How is it that I didn’t know about this game.
Image Image

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:09 am

Gonzo206 wrote:Salvador, Salvador and Salvador, I love him! But I would also love Tiny Tena, Mister Torgue, and The Warrior

I've got good news for you. Tiny Tina has a pop and it's adorable!
Hi, I’m Steph.

BrooklynJava

Postby BrooklynJava » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:11 am

BestDadEver wrote:

I’ve just start e getting into this game. Wow just amazing. How is it that I didn’t know about this game.

The franchise is from earlier in the decade so it probably got drowned out by all the newer games since until the third game got released that is. lol

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:18 am

Surprised nobody had posted this picture yet.

Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:19 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:Surprised nobody had posted this picture yet.

It's not official from Funko yet.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:20 am

BestDadEver wrote:

The 1st one didn't have the best story line and it's been quite a bit since the 2nd game. It's a fantastic series though and a well made game.
Hi, I’m Steph.

BrooklynJava

Postby BrooklynJava » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:20 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:Surprised nobody had posted this picture yet.

Oh snap! Those look sick! May have to get that Maya to go with my other one now. lol

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:22 am

TheStephil wrote:
It's not official from Funko yet.

I mean it's from a GameStop poster from Germany soo that's pretty official :)
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:45 am

TheStephil wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:

The 1st one didn't have the best story line and it's been quite a bit since the 2nd game. It's a fantastic series though and a well made game.

Oh ok,... I’ve been hooked on the 3rd one. I might have to go back and do the other ones but love the new one a lot.
Image Image

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:00 pm

I'm pretty excited for that female Psycho. I want a Pop! of the Psycho from the cover art.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

Return to “Pop!”