Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
User avatar
BillyLouis
Posts: 1751
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:55 am
Location: 315.
Contact:

Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby BillyLouis » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:04 pm

Maybe updated Cody, Young Bucks, and Kenny from their NJPW POP!s, plus we could see Jericho, Moxley, Hangman Page, Britt Baker, Brandi, Riho, Lucha Bros, Dustin, Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus, MJF, Orange Cassidy, The Dark Order, Private Party, Awesome Kong. There are definitely a good amount of wrestlers who would look killer in POP! form, anyone else interested??
Image
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."
Looking for: M:Hellhound Voltron Cthulhu. P:Blood splatter Crowley("Supernatural"), Buffy Summers.

kingdingdong
Posts: 266
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:09 am

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby kingdingdong » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:15 pm

I'm interested, but probably not. I wouldn't be surprised if WWE told funko If aew pops are made, wwe is done with them.

User avatar
pberickp
Posts: 1612
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:30 pm

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby pberickp » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:16 pm

I would be into it. I have not been too into wrestling at all lately but I watched AEW this week for the first time and it reminds me of the old NWA/WCW with longer matches and what not. I will definitely watch the next one. Also I always liked Cody Rhodes. Dusty Rhodes was so awesome back in the day. "Hard Times Daddy!"

User avatar
mongoose12
Posts: 9136
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:27 pm

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby mongoose12 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:47 pm

Maybe if they sustain their current popularity for a longer period of time and if the bigger names don't get scooped up by WWE, then yeah I could some pop action being appropriate
"i need more merch..." - unknown :eek:

User avatar
thejosh2010
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 10596
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:46 pm
Location: Where the T-Bones roam
Contact:

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby thejosh2010 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:00 pm

Technically they already have a merchandising deal with Hot Topic, so just a matter of time I’m sure!!
Image
COTM 01/18
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Image

User avatar
Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM
Posts: 6079
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:53 pm

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby Geescube » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:07 pm

CHRIS JERICHO. Yes
#LongLiveKingstache
Image

User avatar
divade23
Posts: 1665
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 11:24 am

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby divade23 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:35 pm

I’m just sitting here still tryin to figure out what AEW is? Lol
Diedre Loves her Funko Family

Image Image

User avatar
Stat32111
Posts: 1410
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:39 pm
Location: Phoenix
Contact:

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby Stat32111 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:39 pm

If it gets more popular/more stars the I can see it
Instagram- calebshiny
Image

User avatar
kelvinwong
Posts: 1371
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:53 am
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby kelvinwong » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:49 pm

divade23 wrote:I’m just sitting here still tryin to figure out what AEW is? Lol


Wrestling! whoohooo :freddy2:
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
divade23
Posts: 1665
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 11:24 am

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby divade23 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:18 pm

kelvinwong wrote:
divade23 wrote:I’m just sitting here still tryin to figure out what AEW is? Lol


Wrestling! whoohooo :freddy2:

Ah ha!! Thank you. :cheers:
Diedre Loves her Funko Family

Image Image

User avatar
lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 4176
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:13 pm
Location: OC

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby lavery01 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:06 am

I watched a few times just out of curiosity, matches are pretty interesting, ratings are at an all time high so it is gaining popularity. I think that it has to be even more popular for a line of pops to happen though. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Image

kingdingdong
Posts: 266
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:09 am

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby kingdingdong » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:03 am

divade23 wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:
divade23 wrote:I’m just sitting here still tryin to figure out what AEW is? Lol


Wrestling! whoohooo :freddy2:

Ah ha!! Thank you. :cheers:


All Elite Wrestling

They will have a signing at HQ, and I'm sure you'll be there.

User avatar
joecolt
Posts: 883
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 2:30 pm
Location: Southern Cali

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby joecolt » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:49 am

AEW pops would be great. So many they can do. Primarily Jericho and Moxley

User avatar
divade23
Posts: 1665
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 11:24 am

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby divade23 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:57 am

kingdingdong wrote:
divade23 wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:
Wrestling! whoohooo :freddy2:

Ah ha!! Thank you. :cheers:


All Elite Wrestling

They will have a signing at HQ, and I'm sure you'll be there.

I’m there for most events, yes. Whose this?
Diedre Loves her Funko Family

Image Image

User avatar
BillyLouis
Posts: 1751
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:55 am
Location: 315.
Contact:

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby BillyLouis » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:02 pm

Glad to see some people would be down for some AEW POP!s.
Image
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."
Looking for: M:Hellhound Voltron Cthulhu. P:Blood splatter Crowley("Supernatural"), Buffy Summers.

User avatar
thejosh2010
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 10596
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:46 pm
Location: Where the T-Bones roam
Contact:

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby thejosh2010 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:27 pm

Geescube wrote:CHRIS JERICHO. Yes


Would still love to see a version of this...
Image
Image
COTM 01/18
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Image

User avatar
Sparklepop5
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:58 pm

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby Sparklepop5 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:27 pm

I think it's only a matter of time.
Image

User avatar
kelvinwong
Posts: 1371
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:53 am
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby kelvinwong » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:00 am

thejosh2010 wrote:
Geescube wrote:CHRIS JERICHO. Yes


Would still love to see a version of this...
Image


gosh, when did jericho become so goth-ish.

i must have missed wrestling for years
ImageImageImageImage

kingdingdong
Posts: 266
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:09 am

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby kingdingdong » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:21 am

kelvinwong wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:
Geescube wrote:CHRIS JERICHO. Yes


Would still love to see a version of this...
Image


gosh, when did jericho become so goth-ish.

i must have missed wrestling for years


When he went to New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW). He's in AEW now and their heavyweight champ. On TNT Wednesday night.

User avatar
Stu
Posts: 721
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:33 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby Stu » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:57 am

I agree with everyone that said it is a matter of time. I wouldn't want additional Young Bucks Pops! at this point, only because they have released two two packs. First wave, I would release An updated Cody (Blond hair), Jon Moxley, Jericho, Orange Cassidy, MJF, and Nyla Rose. I don't know what Lucha Bros contract status between AEW and AAA, but I would love a Lucha Bros two pack.
My name is Aaron...Many call me Stu...it is a long story.

ISO: Skeletor and Panthor Dorbz ride.

User avatar
supenman
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:37 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby supenman » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:24 pm

Geescube wrote:CHRIS JERICHO. Yes


Yup. BUT...he must have a little bit of the bubbly
SDCC - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020ish
Funko Fundays - Not yet! 5 years trying, 5 years failing. Fingers crossed for 2021!!
Pop Count - 143
https://www.instagram.com/supenman/

User avatar
thejosh2010
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 10596
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:46 pm
Location: Where the T-Bones roam
Contact:

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby thejosh2010 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:03 pm

kingdingdong wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:
Would still love to see a version of this...
Image


gosh, when did jericho become so goth-ish.

i must have missed wrestling for years


When he went to New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW). He's in AEW now and their heavyweight champ. On TNT Wednesday night.


He still does this look, just without the face paint. He never keeps the same look too long
Image
COTM 01/18
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Image

User avatar
JJLecaros
Posts: 1458
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:48 pm
Location: Bay Area

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby JJLecaros » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:32 pm

I'm sure they will since they have done young bucks and Cody and others in the past for NJW
Image

User avatar
brooklyn_geek
Posts: 1680
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:24 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY of Course!
Contact:

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby brooklyn_geek » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:36 pm

Those guys have to establish some success with the actual WRESTLING before I entertain the thought of supporting any merch aside from t-shirts. What I've seen I've liked but yeah, let em make themselves a viable company to challenge WWE and then we can work on the Pops! lol

kingdingdong
Posts: 266
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:09 am

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby kingdingdong » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:07 pm

brooklyn_geek wrote:Those guys have to establish some success with the actual WRESTLING before I entertain the thought of supporting any merch aside from t-shirts. What I've seen I've liked but yeah, let em make themselves a viable company to challenge WWE and then we can work on the Pops! lol


They beat nxt in ratings. A quarter of them already have pops. The t-shirts are hot sellers at hot topic. What else do you need? They can do LE pieces with ProWrestlingTees.com and / or Hot Topic. They would sell like hot cakes.

User avatar
brooklyn_geek
Posts: 1680
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:24 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY of Course!
Contact:

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby brooklyn_geek » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:23 am

kingdingdong wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:Those guys have to establish some success with the actual WRESTLING before I entertain the thought of supporting any merch aside from t-shirts. What I've seen I've liked but yeah, let em make themselves a viable company to challenge WWE and then we can work on the Pops! lol


They beat nxt in ratings. A quarter of them already have pops. The t-shirts are hot sellers at hot topic. What else do you need? They can do LE pieces with ProWrestlingTees.com and / or Hot Topic. They would sell like hot cakes.

:roflmao:
They beat NXT for ONE WEEK, let's see how they're doing in a year...don't get it twisted the little I've seen I've enjoyed but it's going to take more than a few months of good buzz to play the long game and actually pose any threat to WWE. AEW is winning not because they have a superior product or talent, they're winning because WWE is doing such a terrible job of booking their talent, etc.

I have been watching wrestling for over 30 years and regularly attend indie & house shows etc, establish a good brand & make NEW stars not just the former WWE guys so that the merchandise is warranted. Shirts are one thing, toys are another...how many WWE pops are on clearance all over right now for $5 to $7? Pretty sure I saw Cody's Pop at Gamestop for $5 the other day... ;-)

User avatar
rexflexall
Posts: 5870
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:58 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Contact:

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby rexflexall » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:58 am

Very interesting!

kingdingdong
Posts: 266
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:09 am

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby kingdingdong » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:47 pm

brooklyn_geek wrote:
kingdingdong wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:Those guys have to establish some success with the actual WRESTLING before I entertain the thought of supporting any merch aside from t-shirts. What I've seen I've liked but yeah, let em make themselves a viable company to challenge WWE and then we can work on the Pops! lol


They beat nxt in ratings. A quarter of them already have pops. The t-shirts are hot sellers at hot topic. What else do you need? They can do LE pieces with ProWrestlingTees.com and / or Hot Topic. They would sell like hot cakes.

:roflmao:
They beat NXT for ONE WEEK, let's see how they're doing in a year...don't get it twisted the little I've seen I've enjoyed but it's going to take more than a few months of good buzz to play the long game and actually pose any threat to WWE. AEW is winning not because they have a superior product or talent, they're winning because WWE is doing such a terrible job of booking their talent, etc.

I have been watching wrestling for over 30 years and regularly attend indie & house shows etc, establish a good brand & make NEW stars not just the former WWE guys so that the merchandise is warranted. Shirts are one thing, toys are another...how many WWE pops are on clearance all over right now for $5 to $7? Pretty sure I saw Cody's Pop at Gamestop for $5 the other day... ;-)


WWE will continue to book trash until Vince dies and HHH takes over. And same on wrestling watching. Seen Hogan vs Andre live (not WM3). Also attend local indy shows such as DEFY. Still think AEWrestling has staying power. It would be a good idea to partner with them on pops.

User avatar
renardchua
Posts: 2745
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:21 am
Location: Manila, Philippines
Contact:

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby renardchua » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:48 pm

Geescube wrote:CHRIS JERICHO. Yes


Y2J = Yes To Jericho! lol lol
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Jalcmkzv87
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:28 am
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby Jalcmkzv87 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:25 am

I dont think WWE is worried about AEW pops. If they were worried about AEW, they would be removing fans with AEW shirts from the arenas, which they are not.
My name is John. Aka J-Lo.
#TeamOoohhhNooooo
I’m just a full time working dad trying to live my best life with my family while collecting Funko pops/protos and pins.
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

User avatar
JoshChaos
Posts: 427
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:25 am
Location: Tennessee

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby JoshChaos » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:58 am

I'd love a Pentagon Pop.

kingdingdong
Posts: 266
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:09 am

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby kingdingdong » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:44 am

JoshChaos wrote:I'd love a Pentagon Pop.


He may be on these forums, but I saw someone have his own custom penta pop at Double or Nothing PPV / meet and greet with penta. Was super dope.

User avatar
BillyLouis
Posts: 1751
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:55 am
Location: 315.
Contact:

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby BillyLouis » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:18 am

A Darby Allin POP! would look pretty aces..
Image
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."
Looking for: M:Hellhound Voltron Cthulhu. P:Blood splatter Crowley("Supernatural"), Buffy Summers.

User avatar
rexflexall
Posts: 5870
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:58 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Contact:

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby rexflexall » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:32 am

Some good ideas!

LakerNation1216
Posts: 1023
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:38 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby LakerNation1216 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:44 am

I hope so, it's been a lot of fun watching! Something fresh!
Current POP/Dorbz/Misc. Funko Count:
~1,718

Updated 1-3-20

Lakers Basketball
Rams Football
:freddy3:

User avatar
Theshowman619
Posts: 534
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 2:04 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby Theshowman619 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:01 pm

I hope so, it would be awesome to see a Darby allin with his skateboard
:freddy4: ImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
masonfunkocarr
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:15 pm

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby masonfunkocarr » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:21 pm

Would be nice to see AEW pops.

User avatar
Tusken
Posts: 4800
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby Tusken » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:33 pm

Hmm I was trying to think who I would like to see if AEW joined the Funko world..I would have to go with Jericho or maybe Luchasaurus would be fun. :freddy3:
Image Image Image Image
Image

User avatar
masonfunkocarr
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:15 pm

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby masonfunkocarr » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:53 pm

Tusken wrote:Hmm I was trying to think who I would like to see if AEW joined the Funko world..I would have to go with Jericho or maybe Luchasaurus would be fun. :freddy3:

Yeah. A new Jericho pop would be cool to see. Jon Moxley (formerly called Dean Ambrose when he was in the WWE) too.

digithor
Posts: 5779
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:39 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Any chance we will see AEW POP!s??

Postby digithor » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:57 am

Tusken wrote:Hmm I was trying to think who I would like to see if AEW joined the Funko world..I would have to go with Jericho or maybe Luchasaurus would be fun. :freddy3:


I'd pick Luchasaurus over jericho, but they have a pretty good roster to pick others from.
SDCC 2018, 2019
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars


Return to “Pop!”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users