Hot Topic Exclusive Flocked Buckbeak

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Katers

Re: Hot Topic Exclusive Flocked Buckbeak

Postby Katers » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:11 am

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:I wish there was one I'm willing to buy. Stranger Things or horror would get my attention.

I feel like, as popular as those lines are, they have to be in the works!

I’d really like if Funko did an advent calendar for October. It’s out of the box but there are so many wonderfully designed horror pops that they could make a fantastic calendar. I know a LOT of horror fans that count down to Halloween.

There's a couple of lines that would be great for October!

If we stick to December though, I'd love to see a HP/FB crossover for all the creatures! There's plenty they could do, and it would be another opportunity for a small Buckbeak, especially for those missing him!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:13 am

TheStephil wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
It's definitely happened to me before but for the ones I had issues with they weren't sold out.
I hope someway/somehow this can get resolved for you.

SMH..I got home from work yesterday to a 'bag' from HT (Metallic Merciless Batman) and a 'bag' from BL (Metallic Batmite). I'm afraid to open the bags up...I just hope that the pops are in sorters.

Ugh! Good news is they are probably in sorters. Maybe wait until after Christmas to see?

Speaking of bad boxes. Our friends got my husband a common DBZ pop from HT for Christmas. They also got hot cash from their purchase. They taped the hot cash to the side of the pop box and when my husband went to remove it, it tore off the cardboard. #-o
They meant well and it’s just a common but... sigh. Guess we can use that Hot Cash for a new pop.

](*,) oh, that just hurts...!

I gave a pop moment for a present today, and the recipient went to open the box, stopped, and then said "Wait, I can't take this out, can I?". I laughed and told him it was his to do with as he pleased!
Image ImageImage Image

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:36 am

Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
SMH..I got home from work yesterday to a 'bag' from HT (Metallic Merciless Batman) and a 'bag' from BL (Metallic Batmite). I'm afraid to open the bags up...I just hope that the pops are in sorters.

Ugh! Good news is they are probably in sorters. Maybe wait until after Christmas to see?

Speaking of bad boxes. Our friends got my husband a common DBZ pop from HT for Christmas. They also got hot cash from their purchase. They taped the hot cash to the side of the pop box and when my husband went to remove it, it tore off the cardboard. #-o
They meant well and it’s just a common but... sigh. Guess we can use that Hot Cash for a new pop.

I gave a pop moment for a present today, and the recipient went to open the box, stopped, and then said "Wait, I can't take this out, can I?". I laughed and told him it was his to do with as he pleased!

Lol! I love when I give people Pops as gifts and they are scared to open the box. Priceless!
I'm Abe

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:08 am

Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

lol thats hilarious! =D>

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:21 am

Katers wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
It's definitely happened to me before but for the ones I had issues with they weren't sold out.

Crossing my fingers for you that you got lucky when you opened the bags! What a terrible time of year to ship something so poorly!

Thank you! I still haven't opened them up yet..I was going to open them yesterday but kinda forgot...opening up all of my other presents haha
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:23 am

TheStephil wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

Ouch...that stinks either way though. I had a similar problem with that new 1989 Lego Batmobile I got...my friend that wrapped it put tape on the box and it peeled some of the box off. Rookie mistake I guess lol
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:24 am

Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

HAHAHA That's great! I've gifted some Pops to people before and they've said the same/similar things.
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

squidward

Postby squidward » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:58 am

I need to get this guy. I saw the post from my local HT when he arrived, but I was not able to go to the mall. Buckbeak, I mean Witherwings is one of our favorite HP creatures.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:40 am

MyLittleFunkos wrote:
Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Lol! I love when I give people Pops as gifts and they are scared to open the box. Priceless!

My coworker that "doesn't collect pops, really, I'm not like you, OOOHHHH, get me that one!"....not only won't open the boxes for any reason, but has expanded into having me bring him in pop protectors.

Of course, no Buckbeak for him since he not only won't even watch the HP movies, but definitely hasn't read the books! It hurts....really it does!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:42 am

mongoose12 wrote:
Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

lol thats hilarious! =D>

Honestly, I was trying really hard not to laugh. Meanwhile, I just today was 'teaching' a friend the best way to open boxes without mangling them! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:43 am

jjb11590 wrote:
Katers wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

Crossing my fingers for you that you got lucky when you opened the bags! What a terrible time of year to ship something so poorly!

Thank you! I still haven't opened them up yet..I was going to open them yesterday but kinda forgot...opening up all of my other presents haha

lol , glad it's not bothering you too much. Meanwhile, the suspense is killing us all!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:44 am

jjb11590 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

Ouch...that stinks either way though. I had a similar problem with that new 1989 Lego Batmobile I got...my friend that wrapped it put tape on the box and it peeled some of the box off. Rookie mistake I guess lol

I just wrapped 2 pops today as a present, and took these tales of horror to heart - I wrapped them first in tissue paper, which I secured to the clear plastic front part, and then did the wrapping paper over it! No damaged boxes on my watch!! [-X
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:48 am

jjb11590 wrote:
Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

HAHAHA That's great! I've gifted some Pops to people before and they've said the same/similar things.

It gets even better when I realize that I think he's getting the In-box concept from his kid, who's getting it from me. Gotta train these kids early, right? I know she was absolutely appalled when she saw my first proto - she was like "YOU TOOK IT OUT OF IT'S BOX?????". And now she's flipped around a little and wants me to open this box enough so she can feel Buckbeak's flocking!
Image ImageImage Image

Vader92

Postby Vader92 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:27 pm

is this character very popular or is it that the mystery mini built hype for this?
IG https://www.instagram.com/popthat818/
Pop count: 202
ISO: overwatch prototypes
OOB Sith pop collector

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:20 pm

Katers wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

I just wrapped 2 pops today as a present, and took these tales of horror to heart - I wrapped them first in tissue paper, which I secured to the clear plastic front part, and then did the wrapping paper over it! No damaged boxes on my watch!! [-X

Ahhh, wrapping pops always make me nervous! I usually need those cardboard boxes that are pop sized to make me feel confident it won't get damaged.
Jenny
For more fun on IG: @harrypopter

Harry Potter. Disney villains.

Fundays 2017 :freddy1:

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:46 pm

Vader92 wrote:is this character very popular or is it that the mystery mini built hype for this?

I think that has alot to do with it. Buckbeak mini was the only Buckbeak Funko item for years. And now that the mini is impossible to come by unless youre ready to drop a grand.... folks have only the “mystery” box plush or this Pop to choose from. Potterhead completists will need this of course. I like it because they flocked it!!! In my cart waiting for Hot Cash, tee hee <3

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:51 pm

Vader92 wrote:is this character very popular or is it that the mystery mini built hype for this?

Maybe a bit of both.
Buckbeak is one of my favorite creatures from the HP books/movies but I don’t know if he’s a favorite for everyone. Anyone that takes Malfoy down a peg is a winner in my books.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:30 am

I think it's both, personally. He was a decent part of the third book, and they did a fairly memorable scene for him in the movie. Of course, the mini being impossible to find increases any hype about new versions of him - pop, plushie, etc...!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:33 am

HarryPOPter wrote:
Katers wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

Ahhh, wrapping pops always make me nervous! I usually need those cardboard boxes that are pop sized to make me feel confident it won't get damaged.

I did 3 in the last week, and it was a little nerve wracking, but I tried to make sure the tape went to the clear plastic at the front so nothing could peel!
Image ImageImage Image

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:25 am

Katers wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
Katers wrote:

lol , glad it's not bothering you too much. Meanwhile, the suspense is killing us all!

Fear not...I did end up opening them up...no major damage. They were in cardboard sorters, yay! Just some very miniscule imperfections.
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:26 am

Katers wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Excellent. Way to think ahead! (Which Pops were they?)
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:28 am

HarryPOPter wrote:
Katers wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

They always helps me too; the sorters or even putting them in soft protectors first and then wrapping, or even just putting in a gift bag lol
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:50 am

jjb11590 wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:
Katers wrote:

They always helps me too; the sorters or even putting them in soft protectors first and then wrapping, or even just putting in a gift bag lol

Gift bags are my go to. I hate wrapping presents.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:52 am

jjb11590 wrote:
Katers wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

Fear not...I did end up opening them up...no major damage. They were in cardboard sorters, yay! Just some very miniscule imperfections.

Yay! Glad they were in sorters.
Hi, I’m Steph.

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:19 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:
Katers wrote:

Gift bags aren't a bad idea, but you always end up having to preface it with "be careful." Otherwise any pop collector would know to be careful unwrapping a pop shaped gift hahah.
Jenny

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:20 pm

TheStephil wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:

Gift bags are always my go to once I get too lazy to wrap them up. Plus if you add tissue paper, it makes it look fancier than it really is.
Jenny

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:19 pm

HarryPOPter wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

Gift bags are always my go to once I get too lazy to wrap them up. Plus if you add tissue paper, it makes it look fancier than it really is.

Haha yup, makes it look a lot better than any wrapped presents I’d give. Put it in a sorter and you are safe.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:27 am

jjb11590 wrote:
Katers wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

YAY! Sorter magic for the win! So glad for you...! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:29 am

jjb11590 wrote:
Katers wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

2 of the 4 Golden Girls, actually... (eek, off topic now!). I think I did Blanche and Dorothy? It's terrible, but last year was a very long time ago now...!

Anyone else think that next year we need a thread on how to properly wrap funko products for presents?
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:30 am

TheStephil wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:

Gift bags for the funko win! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:05 pm

TheStephil wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Haha yup, makes it look a lot better than any wrapped presents I’d give. Put it in a sorter and you are safe.

Totally!...Pop in sorter...then in gift bag...you're set!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:06 pm

Katers wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
Katers wrote:

YAY! Sorter magic for the win! So glad for you...! :cheers:

Thanks I appreciate it!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:09 pm

Katers wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
Katers wrote:

2 of the 4 Golden Girls, actually... (eek, off topic now!). I think I did Blanche and Dorothy? It's terrible, but last year was a very long time ago now...!

Anyone else think that next year we need a thread on how to properly wrap funko products for presents?

...continuing with the slight off topic thread...
Love me some Golden Girls --> even named my (white) car Betty!

I guess it's never too late/early to start a thread...there's always the -Just thinking of you gift -the Happy Birthday gift -the Congrats on your Divorce (or Wedding) gift etc... :roflmao:
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:48 pm

Katers wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Definitely think it is a needed topic next year!
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:48 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
Katers wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

I guess it's never too late/early to start a thread...there's always the -Just thinking of you gift -the Happy Birthday gift -the Congrats on your Divorce (or Wedding) gift etc... :roflmao:

Birthdays are all year long!
Hi, I’m Steph.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:30 am

jjb11590 wrote:
Katers wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

I mean, I'd have gotten my friend Buckbeak if she hadn't WAYYY cut back on the HP line. Just too many pops for her to keep up with. Though I do think she should have made an exception for this one!

Everyone should be a fan of the Golden Girls. Rose was always my favorite, and that only got reaffirmed when I saw Betty White at SDCC a few years back! That lady is a hoot!

There are so many potential topics for the gift thread - price limits for different relationship types, in box vs. oob, gift bags vs. wrapping paper, mint boxes vs. dinged.... We could probably get through another year in this thread!
Last edited by Katers on Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:31 am

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

Definitely think it is a needed topic next year!

We've got Valentine's Day coming up! Nothing says I love you like tracking down a hard to find pop in a mint box for your loved one, right?
Image ImageImage Image

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:06 am

Ordering mine on my next paycheck!
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
San Diego Comic Con 2007-2019, 2022-2024
Wonder Con 2012-2019

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:15 am

HarryPOPter wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:

Gift bags aren't a bad idea, but you always end up having to preface it with "be careful." Otherwise any pop collector would know to be careful unwrapping a pop shaped gift hahah.

So true!
Hi, I'm Jerry!

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:24 am

Flampsy wrote:Ordering mine on my next paycheck!

You are going to love the detail. The flock is on point.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Return to “Pop!”