Hot Topic Exclusive Flocked Buckbeak

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
HarryPOPter

Re: Hot Topic Exclusive Flocked Buckbeak

Postby HarryPOPter » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:02 am

Katers wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:
Katers wrote:
Good re: Buckbeak, that would be really disappointing if he didn't stand well on his own!

Terrible news about the Patronus pop though! What's he been doing, skipping leg day at the gym??? Seriously though...it's such a beautiful pop, and it's so frustrating when they don't stand on their own! I'm getting way too used to using quake hold, or masking tape, or 3m strips to make my top heavy pops stay upright!

LOL skipping leg day lol
That's some dedication actually using other strips to get them to stand up right. For me, I'm just like ok, I guess you weren't meant to be out of the box. It just sucks when they make some of the pop heads too big for their tiny bodies. I do like the stand they include for some of them - even though some of them hold up well on their own too. I also once got a stand that didn't even line up with the feet of the pop too. :(

Usually I only use the strips or other sticky stuff if it's something I'm going to use in a photograph. Otherwise, if it won't stand up on it's own, back in it's box it goes! I don't think I've ever noticed one of my pops not matching up with it's base, but that would be so incredibly frustrating! ](*,)

Very kind of Buckbeak to not be difficult about this!

Nice that Buckbeak is not giving you a hard time out of box! I only have one pop that doesn't match up with the stand, but I don't think it's a huge issue just because it's easy enough to stand on its own.
Jenny
For more fun on IG: @harrypopter

Harry Potter. Disney villains.

Fundays 2017 :freddy1:

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:50 am

Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
S_E_R_G_I_O wrote:Lucky lol

Very lucky
I have 4 HT within a 15 minute drive so even if my usual store sells out, the others are close by. I’m blessed to have a lot of GS, HT and BL near by. My Walmarts are garbage though.

That is really lucky! I have lots of stores around, but they're far in terms of traffic! I think that's the nature of WMs, generally...the good ones are rare, and usually not ours!

The only time any of my HTs are further than 15 minutes is right after work. One location is in the middle of the busy section of the area and getting to that mall is like pulling teeth. It's also one of the more rundown malls in the area so I only go there when I have no other options.
Southern California traffic is a whole other beast.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:52 am

Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:
LOL skipping leg day lol
That's some dedication actually using other strips to get them to stand up right. For me, I'm just like ok, I guess you weren't meant to be out of the box. It just sucks when they make some of the pop heads too big for their tiny bodies. I do like the stand they include for some of them - even though some of them hold up well on their own too. I also once got a stand that didn't even line up with the feet of the pop too. :(

Lol skipping leg day. Great one.
I use 3m tape as well. It works quite well, is clear and doesn’t leave residue. I prefer to store a lot of pops out of box.

Thank you, thank you....I'm here all week!

I'm still leery of using the 3m tape on things that I cannot have peeling...furniture varnish, car paint, etc...! Have you tried it on anything like that? So far in those cases, I've been using masking tape or paint tape. They don't stick great though, and usually have a very short span for holding something upright!

I've only used it on my shelves. Most are factory painted so you aren't peeling the paint unless you have chemicals. I tried to use it in my car but the dash surface wasn't wanting to work with the tape. Thought it would be cool to have a bobblehead for long road trips.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:18 am

HarryPOPter wrote:
Katers wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:
You won't regret it once you do!

Well, worst case scenario, he can go back in...!

It's so funny, when my god-daughter comes over, she's always appalled if any of my pops are out of their boxes! The look of horror she gives me is just hilarious!

Hahah, not too hard to imagine since I'm sure I've seen that look before

Double whammy today - took him out of the box in front of the kid, and pulled the turban off his head! She was trying to be all blase about it, but I knew internally she was screaming! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:55 am

HarryPOPter wrote:
Katers wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:
LOL skipping leg day lol

Usually I only use the strips or other sticky stuff if it's something I'm going to use in a photograph. Otherwise, if it won't stand up on it's own, back in it's box it goes! I don't think I've ever noticed one of my pops not matching up with it's base, but that would be so incredibly frustrating! ](*,)

Very kind of Buckbeak to not be difficult about this!

Nice that Buckbeak is not giving you a hard time out of box! I only have one pop that doesn't match up with the stand, but I don't think it's a huge issue just because it's easy enough to stand on its own.

Very helpful of all our pops in this post, then! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:59 am

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Very lucky
I have 4 HT within a 15 minute drive so even if my usual store sells out, the others are close by. I’m blessed to have a lot of GS, HT and BL near by. My Walmarts are garbage though.

That is really lucky! I have lots of stores around, but they're far in terms of traffic! I think that's the nature of WMs, generally...the good ones are rare, and usually not ours!

The only time any of my HTs are further than 15 minutes is right after work. One location is in the middle of the busy section of the area and getting to that mall is like pulling teeth. It's also one of the more rundown malls in the area so I only go there when I have no other options.
Southern California traffic is a whole other beast.

That doesn't sound too bad, except that rundown busy location! And it's better to have it as a back-up option than not at all! My nearest is 10-15 min with traffic, and the next nearest is 15-30 depending on what my freeways are doing! Luckily for me, both locations are really nice, and the employees are great, so it's worth it to go to either! Or both, depending on what I'm hunting for!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:00 am

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Lol skipping leg day. Great one.
I use 3m tape as well. It works quite well, is clear and doesn’t leave residue. I prefer to store a lot of pops out of box.

I'm still leery of using the 3m tape on things that I cannot have peeling...furniture varnish, car paint, etc...! Have you tried it on anything like that? So far in those cases, I've been using masking tape or paint tape. They don't stick great though, and usually have a very short span for holding something upright!

I've only used it on my shelves. Most are factory painted so you aren't peeling the paint unless you have chemicals. I tried to use it in my car but the dash surface wasn't wanting to work with the tape. Thought it would be cool to have a bobblehead for long road trips.

I like to take some with when I drive down to San Diego. Only when I'm going just because, not when I'm on a mission. If we're on a mission, we don't have time to stop for fun...we are on the hunt!
Image ImageImage Image

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:28 pm

Katers wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:
Katers wrote:
Well, worst case scenario, he can go back in...!

It's so funny, when my god-daughter comes over, she's always appalled if any of my pops are out of their boxes! The look of horror she gives me is just hilarious!

Double whammy today - took him out of the box in front of the kid, and pulled the turban off his head! She was trying to be all blase about it, but I knew internally she was screaming! lol

LOL that's hilarious. I love how she had to hide it and act all cool about it hahaha.
Jenny
For more fun on IG: @harrypopter

Harry Potter. Disney villains.

Fundays 2017 :freddy1:

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:48 am

HarryPOPter wrote:
Katers wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:

LOL that's hilarious. I love how she had to hide it and act all cool about it hahaha.

Well, kids are weird like that, right? Though tbh, I know some adults that would've been reacting exactly the same way!
Image ImageImage Image

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:20 pm

have you guys heard? the buckbeak with amber eyes was an error (per htnerdette)

a limited run of 3000 will have the correct eye color of black.

i skipped buckbeak cuz he looked evil. definitely gonna try to go for this one with the correct eye color

Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 807 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

CarlitaJuanita

Postby CarlitaJuanita » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:26 pm

Wow! That is one scary looking Pop!

Westlos420

Postby Westlos420 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:40 pm

dork_knight wrote:have you guys heard? the buckbeak with amber eyes was an error (per htnerdette)

i skipped buckbeak cuz he looked evil. definitely gonna try to go for this one with the correct eye color

Oh wow very interesting!
Big D
Fundays 2017 - Making Fun World Premiere - FDO8LV - Fundays 2019 - FunKon
Star Wars Celebration 2022 - Fundays 2022
Dodgers for life!

IG: funko420

Thehueys

Postby Thehueys » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:51 pm

oh no. I hope I can get this!!!!
Current collection count is over 5000 unique pieces.
FDO: 2023
Fundays: 2018,2019,2021,2022, 2023
Fright Night: 2022
ECCC: 2017,2018,2019,2021
SDCC: 2018, 2019,2022,2023,2024
NYCC: 2019,2022,2023
Wondercon: 2022,2023
C2E2: 2024
FunKon: 2021
Designer Con:2019,2021,2022,2023,2024

Always looking for missing Huckleberry Hound, Freddy Funko and Disney pieces that I’m missing :)

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:20 pm

I just watched the Periscope video. No street date, they will just show up in stores so you have to keep checking in order to get one.

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:53 pm

Avengers74 wrote:I just watched the Periscope video. No street date, they will just show up in stores so you have to keep checking in order to get one.

Ugh, this will be one I miss out on then. I am in no mood to stalk hot topics for the foreseeable future. Good luck to those who will!
Image Image ImageImage

Vader92

Postby Vader92 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:13 am

dork_knight wrote:have you guys heard? the buckbeak with amber eyes was an error (per htnerdette)

3000 pops were made by mistake, yea ok. bots are going to eat this one up.
IG https://www.instagram.com/popthat818/
Pop count: 202
ISO: overwatch prototypes
OOB Sith pop collector

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:54 pm

That's a pretty interesting tidbit. But wait... which one will be considered the error in this case? The correct black-eyed limited run, or the original amber-eyed run? :-k
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

matrixman9

Postby matrixman9 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:42 pm

Really want the black eye one, hopefully I can get it when it comes out

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:01 am

Not gonna lie, I like this one so much better...! Probably going to try for it. ](*,)
Image ImageImage Image

lrdavis28

Postby lrdavis28 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:19 am

def want to grab the black eyed one if i can but the struggle, ooooffff
call me LD

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:57 am

Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:

I like to take some with when I drive down to San Diego. Only when I'm going just because, not when I'm on a mission. If we're on a mission, we don't have time to stop for fun...we are on the hunt!

It's all about the quest!

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:19 pm

Katers wrote:

Not gonna lie, I like this one so much better...! Probably going to try for it. ](*,)

Me too! The amber colored eyes made Buckbeak look evil, so I skipped out on it.
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 807 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

chrislinkouswvu13

Postby chrislinkouswvu13 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:35 pm

Definitely picking this up to go with the other one
Hey, I’m Chris.

IG/Twitter: GhostGang1322

:freddy3: Image ImageImageImageImageImage Image Image

Teddyb84

Postby Teddyb84 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:43 pm

Apparently it was a mess up that's why 3000pc
ImageIG Teddyb1984

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:23 pm

Definitely going to try for this one. I wonder if it will have the same number and if it will show up as two separate items in the app.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Cchavez77

Postby Cchavez77 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:34 pm

Teddyb84 wrote:Apparently it was a mess up that's why 3000pc

They messed up and made it limited?
Funko Hollywood Grand opening
Funko Fundays 18-19
Sdcc 07-08, 18-19

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:52 pm

TheStephil wrote:

Definitely going to try for this one. I wonder if it will have the same number and if it will show up as two separate items in the app.

It should be the same number since it is just an error and not on purpose.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:13 am

Greymom wrote:
Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

It's all about the quest!

Sometimes, it really is! Might need to go questing some time soon...just because! Of course, if Black-Eyed-Buckbeak is online only, that particular quest will just depend on how fast my fingers can fly and how great my auto-fill settings are!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:14 am

dork_knight wrote:
Katers wrote:

Me too! The amber colored eyes made Buckbeak look evil, so I skipped out on it.

I probably should have, but I figured the amber eyed flocked wouldn't be much better, so thought I'd skip the flocked! But no, gotta be tricky and do THIS! Bah! ](*,)
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:15 am

Avengers74 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

That's actually really annoying when they do that. At least give us ###a and ###b, or something!
Image ImageImage Image

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:17 am

I dont get how if amber eyes is the error, the black eyes one will be limited?
Hi, I'm Jerry!

shadow and flame

Postby shadow and flame » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:57 am

TenTwoSix wrote:I dont get how if amber eyes is the error, the black eyes one will be limited?

:-k ya what's up with that? And 3K only apparently.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:19 am

Katers wrote:
Avengers74 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

That's actually really annoying when they do that. At least give us ###a and ###b, or something!

Totally agree. We shall see. Maybe a numbered sticker
Hi, I’m Steph.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:59 pm

Katers wrote:
Avengers74 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

I like this buckbeak - I took my time w this last one and didn’t get the opportunity to pick it up smh but I’ll def get this one
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:02 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
Avengers74 wrote:

It’s been a while since our error production piece. Grab em asap since this would most be highly sought after Pop moving forward. :D
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:32 am

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
Avengers74 wrote:

lol . now I'm picturing the craziness a numbered sticker would cause! Well, we'll get what we get...and hopefully be happy with it, right?
Image ImageImage Image

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:50 am

Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:

lol . now I'm picturing the craziness a numbered sticker would cause! Well, we'll get what we get...and hopefully be happy with it, right?

Hoping it flies under the radar so i have a chance at getting one
Hi, I'm Jerry!

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:44 pm

TenTwoSix wrote:
Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Hopefully you have quick fingers!
Hi, I’m Steph.

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:03 pm

TheStephil wrote:
TenTwoSix wrote:
Katers wrote:

Is it online only? Any idea when it comes out?
Hi, I'm Jerry!

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:16 pm

TenTwoSix wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
TenTwoSix wrote:

Is it online only? Any idea when it comes out?

HT Nerdette said it would be in stores with no street date. The only hint was early May. The employees are going to regret the people calling each day to see if the got it in.

Return to “Pop!”