Hot Topic Exclusive Flocked Buckbeak

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Vader92

Re: Hot Topic Exclusive Flocked Buckbeak

Postby Vader92 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:06 pm

Katers wrote:
Vader92 wrote:is this character very popular or is it that the mystery mini built hype for this?

I think it's both, personally. He was a decent part of the third book, and they did a fairly memorable scene for him in the movie. Of course, the mini being impossible to find increases any hype about new versions of him - pop, plushie, etc...!

i see, i just seen the prices for the mini and oh mah bajesus.
IG https://www.instagram.com/popthat818/
Pop count: 202
ISO: overwatch prototypes
OOB Sith pop collector

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:56 am

Flampsy wrote:Ordering mine on my next paycheck!

Good luck, hope it comes to you mint! Glad it's still order-able!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:58 am

Vader92 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Vader92 wrote:is this character very popular or is it that the mystery mini built hype for this?

I think it's both, personally. He was a decent part of the third book, and they did a fairly memorable scene for him in the movie. Of course, the mini being impossible to find increases any hype about new versions of him - pop, plushie, etc...!

Yeah, I had no idea how much that mini would blow up when I got lucky! And I thought series 1 was bad! Really glad they did this pop since so many people still need that mini!
Image ImageImage Image

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:39 pm

Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:Ordering mine on my next paycheck!

Good luck, hope it comes to you mint! Glad it's still order-able!

Me too! I thought I missed it at first but thankfully it was up the other day when I checked
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
San Diego Comic Con 2007-2019, 2022-2024
Wonder Con 2012-2019

Vader92

Postby Vader92 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:32 am

Katers wrote:
Vader92 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yeah, I had no idea how much that mini would blow up when I got lucky! And I thought series 1 was bad! Really glad they did this pop since so many people still need that mini!

seriously its a better alternative lol
OOB Sith pop collector

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:46 pm

Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
2 of the 4 Golden Girls, actually... (eek, off topic now!). I think I did Blanche and Dorothy? It's terrible, but last year was a very long time ago now...!

Anyone else think that next year we need a thread on how to properly wrap funko products for presents?

Definitely think it is a needed topic next year!

We've got Valentine's Day coming up! Nothing says I love you like tracking down a hard to find pop in a mint box for your loved one, right?

I wish someone loved me that much lol
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:49 pm

Katers wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
Katers wrote:
2 of the 4 Golden Girls, actually... (eek, off topic now!). I think I did Blanche and Dorothy? It's terrible, but last year was a very long time ago now...!

Anyone else think that next year we need a thread on how to properly wrap funko products for presents?

...continuing with the slight off topic thread...
Love me some Golden Girls --> even named my (white) car Betty!

I guess it's never too late/early to start a thread...there's always the -Just thinking of you gift -the Happy Birthday gift -the Congrats on your Divorce (or Wedding) gift etc... :roflmao:

I mean, I'd have gotten my friend Buckbeak if she hadn't WAYYY cut back on the HP line. Just too many pops for her to keep up. Though I do think she should have made an exception for this one!

Everyone should be a fan of the GOlden Girls. Rose was always my favorite, and that only got reaffirmed when I saw Betty White at SDCC a few years back! That lady is a hoot!

There are so many potential topics for the gift thread - price limits for different relationship types, in box vs. oob, gift bags vs. wrapping paper, mint boxes vs. dinged.... We could probably get through another year in this thread!

That Buckbeak Pop looks so amazing! She totally should have made an exception for that one.
I used to watch reruns of Golden Girls every day while I was in college, such a fantastic group of gals!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:44 pm

loved it my daugther loved it
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:12 pm

Vader92 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Vader92 wrote:i see, i just seen the prices for the mini and oh mah bajesus.

Roughly $12 for the pop compared to the insanity of whatever the mini is currently going for? Absolutely!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:14 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Definitely think it is a needed topic next year!

We've got Valentine's Day coming up! Nothing says I love you like tracking down a hard to find pop in a mint box for your loved one, right?

Right? Something for all of us to aspire to!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:20 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
Katers wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

...continuing with the slight off topic thread...
Love me some Golden Girls --> even named my (white) car Betty!

I guess it's never too late/early to start a thread...there's always the -Just thinking of you gift -the Happy Birthday gift -the Congrats on your Divorce (or Wedding) gift etc... :roflmao:

I mean, I'd have gotten my friend Buckbeak if she hadn't WAYYY cut back on the HP line. Just too many pops for her to keep up. Though I do think she should have made an exception for this one!

Everyone should be a fan of the GOlden Girls. Rose was always my favorite, and that only got reaffirmed when I saw Betty White at SDCC a few years back! That lady is a hoot!

There are so many potential topics for the gift thread - price limits for different relationship types, in box vs. oob, gift bags vs. wrapping paper, mint boxes vs. dinged.... We could probably get through another year in this thread!

That Buckbeak Pop looks so amazing! She totally should have made an exception for that one.
I used to watch reruns of Golden Girls every day while I was in college, such a fantastic group of gals!

She probably would have if I'd wrapped him up for her. He is pretty amazing!

I watched the reruns, too! Of course, when I watch them now, I appreciate them on a different level. Though I don't think I'll ever understand the cheesecake obsession! I fully support them having a favorite dessert, I'm just REALLY picky about my cheesecake!
Image ImageImage Image

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:23 pm

Katers wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Man that's some real dedication right there. Especially if it's going to be mint!
Jenny
For more fun on IG: @harrypopter

Harry Potter. Disney villains.

Fundays 2017 :freddy1:

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:25 pm

Katers wrote:
Vader92 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Roughly $12 for the pop compared to the insanity of whatever the mini is currently going for? Absolutely!

It's the ones you expect the least to blow up with popularity. Plus, you can enjoy it in a bigger version too!
Jenny

zackispoppin

Postby zackispoppin » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:29 am

I got it for my HP set. Looks amazing! Too bad I’ve decided to sell off my HP set though... it’s just gotten too big.
Yes... we're still here! Hoping Fundays 2024 will be my first! :bounce:

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:07 pm

zackispoppin wrote:I got it for my HP set. Looks amazing! Too bad I’ve decided to sell off my HP set though... it’s just gotten too big.

Hmm... If you decide to sell non-locally, let me know. There are a few pieces I need to get.
Hi, I’m Steph.

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:18 pm

I still need to pick this one up, and now it's out of stock online, so hoping my local store still has it! Last I heard, they had at least 6 but that was a few weeks ago. Or maybe it will restock again soon.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:47 pm

Love this one
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

zackispoppin

Postby zackispoppin » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:22 pm

TheStephil wrote:
zackispoppin wrote:I got it for my HP set. Looks amazing! Too bad I’ve decided to sell off my HP set though... it’s just gotten too big.

Hmm... If you decide to sell non-locally, let me know. There are a few pieces I need to get.

I’d be happy to ship! I’ll shoot you a DM
Yes... we're still here! Hoping Fundays 2024 will be my first! :bounce:

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:54 am

zackispoppin wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

I’d be happy to ship! I’ll shoot you a DM

Thanks!
I'll take a look and compare to my collection. I'm in the process of selling/trading some pops locally so hopefully funds won't be a problem.
Hi, I’m Steph.

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:21 pm

I have to agree the Harry Potter set is massive at this point
ImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:23 am

HarryPOPter wrote:
Katers wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

Man that's some real dedication right there. Especially if it's going to be mint!

I don't know about that...depending on how much it costs in the secondary market, I am on occasion willing to settle for a dinged box! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:27 am

HarryPOPter wrote:
Katers wrote:
Vader92 wrote:seriously its a better alternative lol

It's the ones you expect the least to blow up with popularity. Plus, you can enjoy it in a bigger version too!

So true! I'm always fascinated when pops I think will be super rare are on clearance somewhere, or pops I bought on a whim that are insanely hard to find and blow up in price!

Speaking of....just in case anyone still needs commons from the last HP wave, I got an absolute steal on them at my local Go Calendars! Can't beat them at 1/2 off right now! lol , got asked by a teenager in the store if I'd seen any Buckbeak pops (she saw the pile I was accumulating!). Told her that, in our area, she'd probably have to try for it online at this point.
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:32 am

hpellot wrote:I have to agree the Harry Potter set is massive at this point

Doesn't show any sign of slowing down, either!
Image ImageImage Image

Vader92

Postby Vader92 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:48 pm

Katers wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:
Katers wrote:

So true! I'm always fascinated when pops I think will be super rare are on clearance somewhere, or pops I bought on a whim that are insanely hard to find and blow up in price!

Speaking of....just in case anyone still needs commons from the last HP wave, I got an absolute steal on them at my local Go Calendars! Can't beat them at 1/2 off right now! lol , got asked by a teenager in the store if I'd seen any Buckbeak pops (she saw the pile I was accumulating!). Told her that, in our area, she'd probably have to try for it online at this point.

got to help out the young collectors. harry potter is a deep line too.
OOB Sith pop collector

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:41 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
POPFan4life wrote:I'm sorry but who is Buckbeak and what show or movie is he from?

Lol that's why I had to Google it myself... No idea who or what it is :cheers:

Buckbeak is the bird animal that Harry mastered in one of his classes and helped Harry a lot. Harry and Hermoine used the time winding thing to save buckbeack I believe. It is form harry potter.
Collecting since 2014

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:41 pm

Katers wrote:

I don't ever see this slowing down. There is such a big following.
Collecting since 2014

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:42 pm

So did this ever get released. I never saw it.
Collecting since 2014

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:17 pm

Katers wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:
Katers wrote:

I don't know about that...depending on how much it costs in the secondary market, I am on occasion willing to settle for a dinged box! lol

Same. Usually I'll be fine with compromising and taking them out of the box anyways
Jenny

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:27 pm

Katers wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yes it's crazy. I was really surprised by how much Ursula skyrocketed in price after a while. I also remembered people weren't crazy about the Friends pops when they first came out but they became insanely popular once Funko said you couldn't have them anymore.
Jenny

S_E_R_G_I_O

Postby S_E_R_G_I_O » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:03 pm

I hope they restock soon ,I need this pop.
Instagram - thefunkocouple
ImageImage

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:41 am

Had to grab it. The new flock method looks so good compared to the old stuff. Looks great next to Fawkes.
Image Image ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:57 am

Vader92 wrote:
Katers wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:

got to help out the young collectors. harry potter is a deep line too.

Yeah, she's definitely going uphill if she's just jumping in now! She also asked about the flocked Fawkes, so I did what I could to steer her in the right direction. We all have to start somewhere!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:00 am

nascar246788 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Probably not, since I think HP brings in even the non-pop collectors! HP keeps growing with each year as a new batch of 1st years is enrolled at Hogwarts!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:04 am

HarryPOPter wrote:
Katers wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:

Same. Usually I'll be fine with compromising and taking them out of the box anyways

I used to be so horrified at pops being oob, but I'm getting more and more okay with it. Just had this discussion today, actually, as I was 'rescuing' some homeless pops from a storage bin at my local collector swapmeet place. And I have to admit, the displays always look amazing!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:07 am

HarryPOPter wrote:
Katers wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:

Yes it's crazy. I was really surprised by how much Ursula skyrocketed in price after a while. I also remembered people weren't crazy about the Friends pops when they first came out but they became insanely popular once Funko said you couldn't have them anymore.

lol , we'll have to check back in next year and see what pop Buckbeak has done!
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:07 am

Katers wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:
Katers wrote:

I used to be so horrified at pops being oob, but I'm getting more and more okay with it. Just had this discussion today, actually, as I was 'rescuing' some homeless pops from a storage bin at my local collector swapmeet place. And I have to admit, the displays always look amazing!

This is something that I've become more accustomed to also.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:09 am

S_E_R_G_I_O wrote:I hope they restock soon ,I need this pop.

Uh-oh, out of stock online now, too? Hoping for a restock for you!
Image ImageImage Image

popsim089

Postby popsim089 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:51 am

Katers wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Probably not, since I think HP brings in even the non-pop collectors! HP keeps growing with each year as a new batch of 1st years is enrolled at Hogwarts!

They're still going through the movies too, and still a few to go so got a few waves at least of pops and mystery minis....too many of the same/similar kinds of poses and pops though. Need to shake things up a bit now with some of the stranger characters or animals.... some metallic or chases or something to keep me keen because honestly it's getting to big and not interesting enough for me...I have all the pops and the newest wave of mystery minis which are cute but the previous ones were better.
Currently: 320 Funko Pops
Disney Villains
My Hero Academia
Alice in Wonderland
Harry Potter

:freddy3:

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:25 pm

Wow they ran out on online
ImageImageImage

snowsiren

Postby snowsiren » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:36 pm

My Buckbeak came in a few days ago and I LOVE! I'm not sure which I love more, the mini or the flocked pop. But why choose? Plenty of hippogriff love to go around!
Hi! My name is Amber | Twitter: @AmberRaden
Collecting since 2013 | FunKlub member #1998 since October 2016
Fundays 2015 | Freaky Tiki Fundays 2019 | Virtual Fundays Games 2020/2021 | Blacklight Battle Fundays 2022

ISO Protos (Doctor Who, Quidditch, Daenerys, Game of Thrones Dragons, HALO)

Return to “Pop!”