Avengers Assemble Deluxe Pop series

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Kal-El-051

Re: Avengers Assemble Deluxe Pop series - Iron Man

Postby Kal-El-051 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:56 pm

Flampsy wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Flampsy wrote:That's what I try to do too, depends on my bank account as well unfortunately

That is always a factor for me as well. That factor doesn’t get in the way to often though as I have really honed in on the lines I collect. However, I am in that boat now with all the recent releases. Venom and the soda cans are making things hard on me.

I'm definitely after all of the venomized pops, though I am still missing ghost rider. I have been able to resist the soda cans, but I can see how that line is going to grow quickly and will be hard to keep up with

Ghost Rider is one of the best ones out there. Second only to the Loki in my personal book. The Soda Cans are amazing. It’s been pretty hard for me not to buy more than I have.

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:58 pm

Flampsy wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Flampsy wrote:That's cool. I bet they work great as conversation starters, good idea! I have a few things behind my desk but nothing of value since I work with younger kids. This is my shelf I decorate. Some of it came as freebies from SDCC, gifts from coworkers and gifts from students. This taken at the beginning of the school year

Spoiler: show

Nice! I don’t have anything of value on my desk either. I do have quite a few people bring there kids in from time to time and if they stop by my desk I let take some from the Funko cabinet. That’s how I am able to cycle through stuff.

Take to play with or take to keep? Either way, that's nice of you

I am using my shelf as a way of teaching my students to respect things that belong to other people. They may look at them without touching. If they want to touch, they cannot just grab things, they need to be respectful and ask permission first. And also teaching them to be careful with things that are not their own. One kid cannot understand why I don't take some things out of their boxes though lol I'll probably do it one day just to shock him

I let them take it to keep. It’s my way of spreading the Funko love to our younger collectors that aren’t my own lol! On average I am giving a couple items away per week.

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:59 pm

d00dz wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
d00dz wrote:
Oh yes! That too! Its like Thanos snapped away our wallets and space!

Yup, and they ain’t coming back no way around it lol!

Now we know that Funko is the SOUL STONE!

Lol! Well now that you mention it, it definitely appears that way.

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:55 am

d00dz wrote:
Katers wrote:
d00dz wrote:
Yeah same here! The first Avengers blew me away and I literally cried. AoU was a disappointment after that but Infinity War and Endgame put everything back in the right place.

Yeah, I literally had chills when they formed that circle shot that we're discussing here! It changed the game on so many levels, and will be such an iconic moment no matter what comes next! :cheers:

And then we go to AoU, where all I wanted was for all my peeps to be friends...and they spent a lot of the movie having internal spats. Bleh! ](*,)

That was the scene where I literally cried! I read the Avengers comics when I was a kid and they were never as popular as X-Men or Spider-Man but I loved them. To see it on the big screen evoked so many feels!

I think you had it better....I loved it, but the Avengers became mine in that movie, not before from comics. Really wish I'd been into this area of Marvel back in the day! Seeing something come alive like that, especially when you've been a fan for years, is so magical!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:57 am

d00dz wrote:
Katers wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Age of Ultron wasn’t the best but I still feel it outclassed most other super hero movies out there lol which is a big statement given how many there are. I think at that point we were used to Marvel knocking it completely out the park and I remember the hype around ultron appearing in the films being incredible and then it was all just kinda underwhelming when it released. I will say though Infinity War was the complete opposite. It exceeded expectations in almost every way

I will always take a mediocre Marvel movie over just about anything else..! 3 amazing full-team Avengers movies will just have to tide us over...for now!

Until Marvel unleashes the inevitable Avengers & X-Men crossover to blow our collective socks off!

They have a LOT of world building to do before they can do AvX, at least if they want to do it right! I can't see them rushing after spending the last 10 years to set everything up that they have so far!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:58 am

Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
That would be a pretty awesome scene! I loved that scene until Star Lord messed it all up and then I wanted to punch him lol

I think the entire world felt that way..! Perhaps still feels that way...! ](*,)

lol! I think you are right. Poor Chris Pratt! Horrible writing has put him in a place of anger for many people.

Yeah, I don't expect the writers to have our characters make great choices all the time, but I would like them to not have them be idiots and destroy the universe! Is that really so much to ask???
Image ImageImage Image

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:01 am

Katers wrote:
d00dz wrote:
Katers wrote:
Yeah, I literally had chills when they formed that circle shot that we're discussing here! It changed the game on so many levels, and will be such an iconic moment no matter what comes next! :cheers:

And then we go to AoU, where all I wanted was for all my peeps to be friends...and they spent a lot of the movie having internal spats. Bleh! ](*,)

That was the scene where I literally cried! I read the Avengers comics when I was a kid and they were never as popular as X-Men or Spider-Man but I loved them. To see it on the big screen evoked so many feels!

I think you had it better....I loved it, but the Avengers became mine in that movie, not before from comics. Really wish I'd been into this area of Marvel back in the day! Seeing something come alive like that, especially when you've been a fan for years, is so magical!

You are exactly right! I could not put my feelings into words because it was something as a kid I never imagined I would see on the big screen. But lo and behold, it was made a reality right before my eyes!
ImageImageImage Image

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:02 am

Katers wrote:
d00dz wrote:
Katers wrote:
I will always take a mediocre Marvel movie over just about anything else..! 3 amazing full-team Avengers movies will just have to tide us over...for now!

Until Marvel unleashes the inevitable Avengers & X-Men crossover to blow our collective socks off!

They have a LOT of world building to do before they can do AvX, at least if they want to do it right! I can't see them rushing after spending the last 10 years to set everything up that they have so far!

I'm sure Marvel is taking their time. They have to reintroduce the X-Men and Fantastic Four first. So I guess we would probably have to wait almost a decade for the crossover.
ImageImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:07 am

Flampsy wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:
I think the entire world felt that way..! Perhaps still feels that way...! ](*,)

lol! I think you are right. Poor Chris Pratt! Horrible writing has put him in a place of anger for many people.

That was so bad. I love Star Lord but I yelled some not so nice things at him for that. And I'm sure I was much nicer in my rantings than some people lol that scene was so frustrating

Star Lord deserved some yelling at then. I wish he'd survived the snap so he could see the consequences of what he did, I felt he really got off lightly by dusting away! A missed opportunity for some character growth there!
Image ImageImage Image

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:07 am

Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yeah, I don't expect the writers to have our characters make great choices all the time, but I would like them to not have them be idiots and destroy the universe! Is that really so much to ask???

Haha! It’s the small things right? At least Vin Diesel redeemed himself in the last fast and furious film. Lol

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:08 am

Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

That was so bad. I love Star Lord but I yelled some not so nice things at him for that. And I'm sure I was much nicer in my rantings than some people lol that scene was so frustrating

Star Lord deserved some yelling at then. I wish he'd survived the snap so he could see the consequences of what he did, I felt he really got off lightly by dusting away! A missed opportunity for some character growth there!

True point. I personally found it odd that so many guardians were dusted to begin with.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:10 am

Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

Haha! It’s the small things right? At least Vin Diesel redeemed himself in the last fast and furious film. Lol

Vin Diesel has a pass at the moment, since Groot has only SAVED the galaxy so far..! lol

Oh....maybe the next batch of deluxe pop series can be the Guardians when they grab hands in GOTG V.1?
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:12 am

Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:That was so bad. I love Star Lord but I yelled some not so nice things at him for that. And I'm sure I was much nicer in my rantings than some people lol that scene was so frustrating

True point. I personally found it odd that so many guardians were dusted to begin with.

lol my friends got a bit annoyed with me about talking about the statistical unlikeliness of only Rocket and Nebula surviving out of that grouping! If it's 50/50 for survival/dusting, at the very least more than two should have made it!
Image ImageImage Image

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:36 am

d00dz wrote:
Katers wrote:
d00dz wrote:

I'm sure Marvel is taking their time. They have to reintroduce the X-Men and Fantastic Four first. So I guess we would probably have to wait almost a decade for the crossover.

AvX will be amazinf
Hi, I'm Jerry!

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:33 am

Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Vin Diesel has a pass at the moment, since Groot has only SAVED the galaxy so far..! lol

Oh....maybe the next batch of deluxe pop series can be the Guardians when they grab hands in GOTG V.1?

That would be a good one to release. I would also like a dance off movie moment. lol

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:34 am

Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:

lol my friends got a bit annoyed with me about talking about the statistical unlikeliness of only Rocket and Nebula surviving out of that grouping! If it's 50/50 for survival/dusting, at the very least more than two should have made it!

Agreed. I didn’t overthink it though as I knew they would all be back eventually.

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:19 am

TenTwoSix wrote:
d00dz wrote:
Katers wrote:

AvX will be amazinf

Hope they won't rehash the AvX storyline from the comics into the MCU. It was... ok-ish but nothing spectacular.
ImageImageImage Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:50 pm

Katers wrote:
d00dz wrote:
Katers wrote:

To be honest with you - You cant put storytelling beyond Marvel. they know how to introduced characters in a very graceful way. I mean just look at the way they introduced Black Panther AND Spiderman into the franchise. They literally fast tracked there entry. All it takes is for them to incorporate Wolverine in one of these films (I would really like to see him be apart of a Black Panther film in some capacity) and then it is on and popping from there. Lol you just continue to build the X-men universe after wolverine is introduced and it grows from there. I think they would have to introduce the Fantastic Four first (plus theey are the most likely given the direction that they are taking with the doctor doom movie) I am very excited to see what is next for the marvel franchise because the last chapter that they did with Thanos really knocked my socks off.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:46 am

Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

That would be a good one to release. I would also like a dance off movie moment. lol

That would be a great movie moment, too...though I'll need it to make sound, of course. Can't have a dance off with no music!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:58 am

Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

Agreed. I didn’t overthink it though as I knew they would all be back eventually.

lol , I overthink a LOT of things. But yeah, we all knew everyone would come back from dusting. Too bad literally everyone couldn't come back!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:59 am

d00dz wrote:
TenTwoSix wrote:
d00dz wrote:

AvX will be amazinf

Hope they won't rehash the AvX storyline from the comics into the MCU. It was... ok-ish but nothing spectacular.

I think it would be amazing to have all our characters gathered together, but I also think I'd have the same problem I had with CA:CW - I like all my people to be friends. Seeing everyone fighting and taking sides would be really disheartening!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:02 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Katers wrote:
d00dz wrote:

To be honest with you - You cant put storytelling beyond Marvel. they know how to introduced characters in a very graceful way. I mean just look at the way they introduced Black Panther AND Spiderman into the franchise. They literally fast tracked there entry. All it takes is for them to incorporate Wolverine in one of these films (I would really like to see him be apart of a Black Panther film in some capacity) and then it is on and popping from there. Lol you just continue to build the X-men universe after wolverine is introduced and it grows from there. I think they would have to introduce the Fantastic Four first (plus theey are the most likely given the direction that they are taking with the doctor doom movie) I am very excited to see what is next for the marvel franchise because the last chapter that they did with Thanos really knocked my socks off.

It would be worth the entire cost of admission to see Shuri intellectually smack down Reed Richards...!

The good thing about all these new characters coming out to play is that this will certainly lead to more great moments and pop series! Where are we going to put them all???
Image ImageImage Image

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:26 am

Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:

That would be a great movie moment, too...though I'll need it to make sound, of course. Can't have a dance off with no music!

Thankfully that is now an option as evidenced by the Vader, Kylo Ren, and Pooping Rick pops. lol

RyceBallz

Postby RyceBallz » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:28 am

Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

Thankfully that is now an option as evidenced by the Vader, Kylo Ren, and Pooping Rick pops. lol

An opportunity missed by the new "Ninja Turdle" Paka Paka line. :D
Hi! I'm Joey!

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:38 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Katers wrote:
d00dz wrote:

I dunno. I personally felt that Black Panther and Spidey were properly introduced into the MCU. It didn't feel rushed to me.
ImageImageImage Image

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:44 am

Katers wrote:
d00dz wrote:
TenTwoSix wrote:
AvX will be amazinf

I think it would be amazing to have all our characters gathered together, but I also think I'd have the same problem I had with CA:CW - I like all my people to be friends. Seeing everyone fighting and taking sides would be really disheartening!

There's always a running joke that superheroes have to fight so they become friends afterwards haha
ImageImageImage Image

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:48 am

Katers wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Katers wrote:

It would be worth the entire cost of admission to see Shuri intellectually smack down Reed Richards...!

The good thing about all these new characters coming out to play is that this will certainly lead to more great moments and pop series! Where are we going to put them all???

Reed Richards is supposed to be one of the smartest guys in the world rivaled by Dr. Doom, Valeria Richards and Moon Girl (in the comics, at least). MCU version could be different, I dunno.
ImageImageImage Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:00 am

d00dz wrote:
Katers wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Reed Richards is supposed to be one of the smartest guys in the world rivaled by Dr. Doom, Valeria Richards and Moon Girl (in the comics, at least). MCU version could be different, I dunno.

They have already set the building blocks in the universe and said Shuri is smart - if Reed Richards rivals her intelligence or is smarter - that back and fourth banter will be epic
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

rexflexall

Re: Avengers Assemble Deluxe Pop series

Postby rexflexall » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:27 am

Gonna be so dope!

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:31 pm

PopPChulo wrote:All it takes is for them to incorporate Wolverine in one of these films (I would really like to see him be apart of a Black Panther film in some capacity) and then it is on and popping from there. Lol you just continue to build the X-men universe after wolverine is introduced and it grows from there.

It was announced that the New Mutants movie is officially going to be part of the MCU, so they can easily move from that to the rest of the mutants. I bet that is why they are doing that (that and Disney probably assumes a New Mutants MCU movie makes a lot more money than a stand alone NM movie).
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Takas

Re: Avengers Assemble Deluxe Pop series

Postby Takas » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:15 pm

I can’t wait for these

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:14 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
d00dz wrote:
Katers wrote:

They have already set the building blocks in the universe and said Shuri is smart - if Reed Richards rivals her intelligence or is smarter - that back and fourth banter will be epic

With Tony Stark gone, the big brains of the MCU will be Reed Richards, Doom, Shuri, Bruce Banner and to an extent Peter Parker.
ImageImageImage Image

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:21 pm

RyceBallz wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:

An opportunity missed by the new "Ninja Turdle" Paka Paka line. :D

Haha! That would have been pretty awesome! Made them even more appealing than they are to me at least.

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:46 am

Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

What a glorious age we are living in!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:12 am

d00dz wrote:
Katers wrote:
d00dz wrote:

There's always a running joke that superheroes have to fight so they become friends afterwards haha

That would explain a certain movie! Of course, it's also one of the reasons I didn't enjoy it much! I'm okay with conflict, but I'd definitely prefer it not come to blows!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:34 am

d00dz wrote:
Katers wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I can't see the MCU bringing him in right off the bat as the smartest man out there. But who knows what they'll give us...the whole world is out there to play with right now! And hopefully they'll keep giving us great movie moments and deluxe series from these upcoming movies!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:36 am

PopPChulo wrote:
d00dz wrote:
Katers wrote:

Definitely one of my regrets that we never got Shuri / Tony banter! I'm hoping we get some interaction in the future between Shuri and Peter.
Image ImageImage Image

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:26 am

Katers wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
d00dz wrote:

Definitely one of my regrets that we never got Shuri / Tony banter! I'm hoping we get some interaction in the future between Shuri and Peter.

I think that's bound to happen sooner or later unless somehow Marvel and Sony won't get along again.
ImageImageImage Image

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:49 pm

d00dz wrote:
Katers wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I think that's bound to happen sooner or later unless somehow Marvel and Sony won't get along again.

I'm glad we did get some banter between Shuri and Bruce Banner in Infinity War! It's even more perfect that they didn't undersell Shuri's intelligence, even showing her to be superior to Bruce.
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:42 pm

Katers wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Katers wrote:

What a glorious age we are living in!

They have definitely come a long way and I am glad to have seen the growth first hand!

Return to “Pop!”