The Witcher

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Trujitsu Ninja

Re: The Witcher

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:18 pm

Tusken wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
91shawny wrote:
For anyone who hasn't played the games and hasn't, just be careful because certain things in the game can spoil whats to come that has not occurred yet

So if u want to get ahead and know more about the story I guess I should play the games. I think there’s 3 of them?

You right there are 3 from the games and I think the show would be cool in Funko form. :freddy3:

Someone also said there were books so I’ll look into that also.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:19 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
91shawny wrote:
For anyone who hasn't played the games and hasn't, just be careful because certain things in the game can spoil whats to come that has not occurred yet

So if u want to get ahead and know more about the story I guess I should play the games. I think there’s 3 of them?

I recommend you watch the show because it pretty much starts from the beginning and tells the tale just as the games do. The games are much more farther ahead understandably so like he said you could be consuming spoilers without knowing

I think someone said there were books on it. If thats the case I would prefer to go that route.
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:21 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:So if u want to get ahead and know more about the story I guess I should play the games. I think there’s 3 of them?

I recommend you watch the show because it pretty much starts from the beginning and tells the tale just as the games do. The games are much more farther ahead understandably so like he said you could be consuming spoilers without knowing

I think someone said there were books on it. If thats the case I would prefer to go that route.

Lol why are you avoiding the tv show like the plague? Tv show is fire
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

snowsiren

Postby snowsiren » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:51 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:So if u want to get ahead and know more about the story I guess I should play the games. I think there’s 3 of them?

The show and game are both based on the books, so if you had to pick a single medium I would say books first, honestly, given that it's the source material. My understanding is that there are several books in the series. I've only read one, it was a while ago but I recognized some of the stories in the show from that book. I remember enjoying the reading, reminded me of sort of darker versions of fairy tales.
Hi! My name is Amber | Twitter: @AmberRaden
Collecting since 2013 | FunKlub member #1998 since October 2016
Fundays 2015 | Freaky Tiki Fundays 2019 | Virtual Fundays Games 2020/2021 | Blacklight Battle Fundays 2022

ISO Protos (Doctor Who, Quidditch, Daenerys, Game of Thrones Dragons, HALO)

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:30 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I agree with PoPChulo is Fire and AWESOME. Don't avoid it trust me because you are avoiding a great show. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:36 am

We're nearly done binging the first season, a bit tipsy turvy with the way they're telling the story but it all adds up in the end!
ImageImageImageImage

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:37 am

Tusken wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:I think someone said there were books on it. If thats the case I would prefer to go that route.

I agree with PoPChulo is Fire and AWESOME. Don't avoid it trust me because you are avoiding a great show. :freddy3:

I watched the show already. I want to know more. I hate cliffhangers. Me knowing that the story continues and it’s on some sort of format/Book I will get it. I’ll play the game if I have to but would rather have a book cause you can always carry a book with you the Game console not so much.

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:54 am

FunkOCD wrote:We're nearly done binging the first season, a bit tipsy turvy with the way they're telling the story but it all adds up in the end!

The back and forth was a bit off but you are right in the end it will make sense. Still hoping for a TV Show Witcher. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Image Image Image Image

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:16 am

It took us awhile to get The Umbrella Academy pops after the show had already come out, so I think we'll see pops for this, it just may take awhile, hopefully before the next season comes out, lol
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

jadekitten

Postby jadekitten » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:03 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
Tusken wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:Lol why are you avoiding the tv show like the plague? Tv show is fire

I watched the show already. I want to know more. I hate cliffhangers. Me knowing that the story continues and it’s on some sort of format/Book I will get it. I’ll play the game if I have to but would rather have a book cause you can always carry a book with you the Game console not so much.

Books are always better anyway, tbh. :)

jadekitten

Postby jadekitten » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:46 am

Tusken wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:We're nearly done binging the first season, a bit tipsy turvy with the way they're telling the story but it all adds up in the end!

The back and forth was a bit off but you are right in the end it will make sense. Still hoping for a TV Show Witcher. :freddy3:

Agreed, i was confused for a good portion of this show with all the flash forward, flash back. no idea. lmao Still a good show and will be looking forward to another season.

Hope they make more pops since the old ones are rising in value.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:00 pm

Gonna be a fun run!

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:30 pm

jadekitten wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
Tusken wrote:

That’s what I’m saying. A book is always better.

engu001

Postby engu001 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:38 pm

I'm all in for it!
Cmon Funko!

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:40 pm

Yennefer has some awesome outfits in the show, so I would like some of her!
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

stayf3d

Postby stayf3d » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:20 am

Jezter wrote:It took us awhile to get The Umbrella Academy pops after the show had already come out, so I think we'll see pops for this, it just may take awhile, hopefully before the next season comes out, lol

Hopefully Funko doesnt wait till season 2 to release Pops as season 2 wont come out till 2021.
:freddy3:

Wondercon & SDCC since 2011
ISO: Lost & Game of Thrones Protos

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:43 am

stayf3d wrote:
Jezter wrote:It took us awhile to get The Umbrella Academy pops after the show had already come out, so I think we'll see pops for this, it just may take awhile, hopefully before the next season comes out, lol

Hopefully Funko doesnt wait till season 2 to release Pops as season 2 wont come out till 2021.

As long as it isn't pops for season 2, should be safe to see some with the growing popularity.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:48 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
jadekitten wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:I watched the show already. I want to know more. I hate cliffhangers. Me knowing that the story continues and it’s on some sort of format/Book I will get it. I’ll play the game if I have to but would rather have a book cause you can always carry a book with you the Game console not so much.

You can carry a Switch? LOL
ImageImageImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:23 am

Watched first episode and I am intrigued but I feel like they set it up for people that already know the books or games. Just felt a little loss or lots of questions at times.

Will finish show and then decide on getting the game or books or pops.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Neuron

Postby Neuron » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:51 am

Finally completed watching the 1sr season and I love it!
ImageImage

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:08 am

I love everything about the Witcher. I never read the books but I've played the games since I was in school lol. Love Witcher 3 so much that I'm replaying it 3 years after lol.
IG: chasingvynl
Hello my name is Ken!
Pop Count: Too much
Main Line: GOT, WD, Disney, Simpsons, DBZ/DBS, Anime, Naruto
SDCC 17, SDCC 18, SDCC 19, ECCC 18, CRX 19, SDCC 22
ISO: Anime protos

Image Image

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:10 am

hailmary25 wrote:Watched first episode and I am intrigued but I feel like they set it up for people that already know the books or games. Just felt a little loss or lots of questions at times.

I kinda agree with you. I love the little easter eggs from the show since I've played the games heavily so I know much more about the Witcher world than someone that just picked it up recently.
IG: chasingvynl
Hello my name is Ken!
Pop Count: Too much
Main Line: GOT, WD, Disney, Simpsons, DBZ/DBS, Anime, Naruto
SDCC 17, SDCC 18, SDCC 19, ECCC 18, CRX 19, SDCC 22
ISO: Anime protos

Image Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:14 am

One with an 'S' on Geralt's chest! LOL

jadekitten

Postby jadekitten » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:24 pm

hailmary25 wrote:Watched first episode and I am intrigued but I feel like they set it up for people that already know the books or games. Just felt a little loss or lots of questions at times.

I'm right there with you. Definitely should have had some better directing/writing to set it up for newbies to understand who haven't heard of the games/book previously.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:28 pm

jadekitten wrote:

I'm right there with you. Definitely should have had some better directing/writing to set it up for newbies to understand who haven't heard of the games/book previously.

Right it just jumped in to everything like everyone is a seasoned pro. Atleast give us one episode to play catch up lol
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

jadekitten

Postby jadekitten » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:00 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
jadekitten wrote:

Right it just jumped in to everything like everyone is a seasoned pro. Atleast give us one episode to play catch up lol

Truue, took a while to get all the different cities/factions/races, etc. not to mention all of the time hopping. You're in present, you're in the past, you're in the.........i think this is the past still. lol

OOOOOh, Funko just asked who wants more Witcher pops on twitter. They see us, maybe more pops soon ^___^

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:00 pm

jadekitten wrote:

Yeah, I haven't played the games or read the books but I needed something to fill the GOT void. I like the show but it was a little confusing. But with any other show like this I supplement it with YT videos (like Emergency Awesome). They do a good job of recapping and explaining stuff.
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

Blake85

Postby Blake85 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:05 pm

Hope we get Witcher TV show pops!
Love the show
Follow me on instagram @popwars and @gojirawars

ISO : Resident Evil Protos :
Jill Valentine , Hunter , Licker , Leon S Kennedy

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:07 pm

digithor wrote:
stayf3d wrote:

As long as it isn't pops for season 2, should be safe to see some with the growing popularity.

Agreeeed with both! I personally just want Geralt and Yennefer anyway, but man it's painful when only a few pops are released for a season and then a new season of a show comes out and then they ignore all other characters from the first season and releases only a couple for the next season etc etc...looking at YOU American Horror Story pops! :D

I realize of course it's probably not just Funko deciding this and the show runners or whoever does the marketing for the shows has a large part of the decision making, but man sometimes it just doesn't make sense. Hopefully seeing that Umbrella Academy has almost all of the characters in the first wave along should be a good sign, maybe.

Pops!- 716ish

KILLERANTZ

Postby KILLERANTZ » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:10 pm

just finished watch episode 1 can't wait to get this pops in my collection

RedRoo

Postby RedRoo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:51 pm

I remember when witcher pops could not be sold and now bam haha
~Guy
TEAM BACON!
"With blood and rage of crimson red,

Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,

Together with our hellish hate,

We'll burn you all--that is your fate!"

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

stayf3d

Postby stayf3d » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:15 pm

RedRoo wrote:I remember when witcher pops could not be sold and now bam haha

Yep, Yennefer has almost tripled in value in the past few weeks. The hype is real haha
:freddy3:

Wondercon & SDCC since 2011
ISO: Lost & Game of Thrones Protos

jadekitten

Postby jadekitten » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:25 pm

theoneupper02 wrote:
jadekitten wrote:

Yeah, I haven't played the games or read the books but I needed something to fill the GOT void. I like the show but it was a little confusing. But with any other show like this I supplement it with YT videos (like Emergency Awesome). They do a good job of recapping and explaining stuff.

Hubby was saying the same thing. It's releasing at a good time when GOT is over and ended horribly. And this show is sort of the same historical period. So it's definitely filling the void for probably a lot of people.

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:20 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
jadekitten wrote:

Along with all it’s accessories for that little screen. :happy3: Pass don’t have to charge a book. Lol

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:41 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:That’s what I’m saying. A book is always better.

Along with all it’s accessories for that little screen. :happy3: Pass don’t have to charge a book. Lol

Well then!
ImageImageImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:21 am

Jezter wrote:
digithor wrote:
stayf3d wrote:

Agreeeed with both! I personally just want Geralt and Yennefer anyway, but man it's painful when only a few pops are released for a season and then a new season of a show comes out and then they ignore all other characters from the first season and releases only a couple for the next season etc etc...looking at YOU American Horror Story pops! :D

I realize of course it's probably not just Funko deciding this and the show runners or whoever does the marketing for the shows has a large part of the decision making, but man sometimes it just doesn't make sense. Hopefully seeing that Umbrella Academy has almost all of the characters in the first wave along should be a good sign, maybe.

American Horror Story, :clown: for a while there twisty was all I would ever notice. At least for the pops.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

wash2366

Postby wash2366 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:26 am

The series is amazing! It's a really good adaptation of the books. And does fan service for gamers. It's legit man.

Plus, my vaulted Yennefer pop is now making my friends jealous!

:)
Name: David / Pop count: 733 / Vynals: 4/ Dorbz: 10 / Soda: 4 / Mystery Minis: 12
Collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... s/wash2366

ImageImageImage

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:49 am

I know that Funko posted on their twitter account a picture of the Witcher TV show...so maybe that is a hint he is coming. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:03 am

jadekitten wrote:
Tusken wrote:

Agreed, i was confused for a good portion of this show with all the flash forward, flash back. no idea. lmao Still a good show and will be looking forward to another season.

Hope they make more pops since the old ones are rising in value.

I think the popularity of the show will continue to escalate as time goes on to be completely honest. I can’t see it not continuing to carry momentum
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:14 am

digithor wrote:
Jezter wrote:
digithor wrote:

American Horror Story, :clown: for a while there twisty was all I would ever notice. At least for the pops.

Twisty is my favorite pop out of what was made for AHS. The wife bought me a Papa Legba too but it came with a horrible pain job so I sent it back. They didn't make any others I really wanted, like Dandy or March in his suit and hat, so right now all I have are both of Twisty and Rubber Man.

Pops!- 716ish

Return to “Pop!”