Dr. Pepper's Lil" Sweet!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Trujitsu Ninja

Re: Dr. Pepper's Lil" Sweet!

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Thu May 07, 2020 11:23 pm

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
It’s cool bear. He’s riding a white cloud saving people from their thirst. :cheers:

Put the pipe down kemosabe!

I dunno, I feel like that's a lil' sweet commercial waiting to be written. Maybe we have a marketing genius here? lol

No just very creative. \:D/ Not all ideas come from that method. [-( I think this is a great idea.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu May 07, 2020 11:40 pm

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Something weird obviously LOL

:mir1: I'm in! Bring it on!

There you go throwing cash around like it's #FunkoAfterDark LOL

Trying to, anyway! Kinda hoping we get another really cool drop Friday morning, but we'll see! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu May 07, 2020 11:41 pm

nightbodega wrote:
Katers wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Did you go to the beach? DId you take Lil' Sweet with you?

I did not, sadly! There are....shenanigans....going on at the beaches around here lately. This was all in the backyard at a social distancing lunch. My shade moved....fail! Worst part is, I'd pulled my Lil Sweet and Coca Cola bear out to show my friends what I was going to do, and they were impressed - with the idea, anyway. No execution happened. But this weekend is looking good for the attempt!

Oh man. Must be a real good idea you came up with. =D>

Oh, the idea is great....we'll see if that translates to great execution though. The ideas in my head quite often don't turn out IRL like I want them to!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu May 07, 2020 11:44 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Put the pipe down kemosabe!

I dunno, I feel like that's a lil' sweet commercial waiting to be written. Maybe we have a marketing genius here? lol

No just very creative. \:D/ Not all ideas come from that method. [-( I think this is a great idea.

I probably wouldn't fast forward the DVR through this one! lol
Image ImageImage Image

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Fri May 08, 2020 8:48 pm

Katers wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Katers wrote:
I did not, sadly! There are....shenanigans....going on at the beaches around here lately. This was all in the backyard at a social distancing lunch. My shade moved....fail! Worst part is, I'd pulled my Lil Sweet and Coca Cola bear out to show my friends what I was going to do, and they were impressed - with the idea, anyway. No execution happened. But this weekend is looking good for the attempt!

Oh man. Must be a real good idea you came up with. =D>

Oh, the idea is great....we'll see if that translates to great execution though. The ideas in my head quite often don't turn out IRL like I want them to!

When you feel better, hope you don't forget. I'd like to see pics of your idea. Keep us posted.

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Fri May 08, 2020 11:58 pm

Katers wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
Katers wrote:

I probably wouldn't fast forward the DVR through this one! lol

Definitely wouldn’t fast forward that commercial.
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Sat May 09, 2020 2:48 am

LatinFunko wrote:
Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:Nothing here either. I came here to check in to see if any West Coast peeps got theirs yet

I believe Lil' Sweet continues to mock the West Coast peeps. He's certainly mocking me! lol

UGH..I think its past the mocking stage at this point. lol

So I know I'm super late to reply. I was too sick for a while but thankfully one thing that cheered me up when I was ill was FINALLY getting my lil sweet pop in the mail!
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
San Diego Comic Con 2007-2019, 2022-2024
Wonder Con 2012-2019

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat May 09, 2020 3:30 am

Flampsy wrote:
LatinFunko wrote:
Katers wrote:
I believe Lil' Sweet continues to mock the West Coast peeps. He's certainly mocking me! lol

So I know I'm super late to reply. I was too sick for a while but thankfully one thing that cheered me up when I was ill was FINALLY getting my lil sweet pop in the mail!

Welcome back! Glad you're feeling better, and that Lil Sweet brought some sweetness to your recovery!
Image ImageImage Image

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Sat May 09, 2020 4:20 am

Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
LatinFunko wrote:

Welcome back! Glad you're feeling better, and that Lil Sweet brought some sweetness to your recovery!

Thank you! Me too! He came in so late I only half expected him to ever show up. I figured it was a 50/50 chance. Our mailman also sucks at putting the correct mail in the correct mailbox which doesn't help. My next door neighbor gave me my tax return check last year! Thank God we know them well and someone else besides them didn't get it. I was very happy to see lil sweet and at that point also surprised!
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

kristineisjoy

Postby kristineisjoy » Sun May 10, 2020 1:30 pm

glad i was able to secure one...
LOVING MY FUNKOS!!!!

millone

Postby millone » Sun May 10, 2020 5:47 pm

I just realized that there are almost 3000 posts in this thread. Thats crazy

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun May 10, 2020 11:58 pm

Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:So I know I'm super late to reply. I was too sick for a while but thankfully one thing that cheered me up when I was ill was FINALLY getting my lil sweet pop in the mail!

Thank you! Me too! He came in so late I only half expected him to ever show up. I figured it was a 50/50 chance. Our mailman also sucks at putting the correct mail in the correct mailbox which doesn't help. My next door neighbor gave me my tax return check last year! Thank God we know them well and someone else besides them didn't get it. I was very happy to see lil sweet and at that point also surprised!

Hoping he was in good shape when he got delivered. I'm still traumatized with how badly my damaged one came in - I've never had a pop box get ripped in shipping before. I feel like I should start being grateful now if they come in just a little crushed. Thank goodness yours didn't go live with the neighbors, that would've been sad!
Image ImageImage Image

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Mon May 11, 2020 1:25 am

Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:

Hoping he was in good shape when he got delivered. I'm still traumatized with how badly my damaged one came in - I've never had a pop box get ripped in shipping before. I feel like I should start being grateful now if they come in just a little crushed. Thank goodness yours didn't go live with the neighbors, that would've been sad!

It got ripped?!?! Wow. Mine and my mom's came in at the same time, both in excellent condition. I was worried what theud look like but we got lucky. Sorry about yours! Yeah I had a package go missing that my friend from London sent me. I'm sure one of my neighbors kept it.
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Mon May 11, 2020 10:10 pm

Katers wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:
Katers wrote:
If ever there was a figure that's made for sodas....this is it!

Least if there was another contest it's be much harder for them to screw up the shipping of them, haha.

Only if they were paying attention. I have faith that anyone can mess up shipping if they don't try hard enough! lol

Haha, I meant more it was harder, not impossible ;-)

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Mon May 11, 2020 10:23 pm

Flampsy wrote:
LatinFunko wrote:
Katers wrote:

Hope you recovered completely from the cold. Welcome back. Also congrats on getting a Sweet pop.

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 12, 2020 2:27 am

Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:Thank you! Me too! He came in so late I only half expected him to ever show up. I figured it was a 50/50 chance. Our mailman also sucks at putting the correct mail in the correct mailbox which doesn't help. My next door neighbor gave me my tax return check last year! Thank God we know them well and someone else besides them didn't get it. I was very happy to see lil sweet and at that point also surprised!

It got ripped?!?! Wow. Mine and my mom's came in at the same time, both in excellent condition. I was worried what theud look like but we got lucky. Sorry about yours! Yeah I had a package go missing that my friend from London sent me. I'm sure one of my neighbors kept it.

Yeah, the crushed sides were bad enough, but then the tab on top was ripped in half. It hurt to see it - luckily the pop itself survived just fine. Luckily, thanks to the kindness of friends, I now also have a near mint one, so damaged box Lil Sweet will roam the halls of my work once they stop sanitizing it weekly. Don't want to subject him to bleach if I can avoid it!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 12, 2020 2:28 am

wolfy233 wrote:
Katers wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:
Least if there was another contest it's be much harder for them to screw up the shipping of them, haha.

Only if they were paying attention. I have faith that anyone can mess up shipping if they don't try hard enough! lol

Haha, I meant more it was harder, not impossible ;-)

So sad, so true...! I think it comes down to shipping costs, honestly. And I'd have happily paid for shipping on this one if it gave me a better shot at a good box! So, plans for the next round!
Image ImageImage Image

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Tue May 12, 2020 4:28 am

Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yeah, the crushed sides were bad enough, but then the tab on top was ripped in half. It hurt to see it - luckily the pop itself survived just fine. Luckily, thanks to the kindness of friends, I now also have a near mint one, so damaged box Lil Sweet will roam the halls of my work once they stop sanitizing it weekly. Don't want to subject him to bleach if I can avoid it!

Sadness. That was super nice of your friends! At least damaged lil sweet still has a home. I wouldn't bring him in yet either.
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Tue May 12, 2020 4:30 am

nightbodega wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
LatinFunko wrote:

Hope you recovered completely from the cold. Welcome back. Also congrats on getting a Sweet pop.

Thank you! I'm glad to be back. I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things. Thanks, I smiled when I saw he finally came in, and in great condition too!
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue May 12, 2020 10:50 am

Need a glitter variant!

Panda

Postby Panda » Tue May 12, 2020 12:23 pm

Wonder if they will make more variants of this pop

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Tue May 12, 2020 12:59 pm

rexflexall wrote:Need a glitter variant!

That would be awesome.

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 13, 2020 1:21 am

Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:

Yeah, the crushed sides were bad enough, but then the tab on top was ripped in half. It hurt to see it - luckily the pop itself survived just fine. And, thanks to the kindness of friends, I now also have a near mint one, so damaged box Lil Sweet will roam the halls of my work once they stop sanitizing it weekly. Don't want to subject him to bleach if I can avoid it!

Sadness. That was super nice of your friends! At least damaged lil sweet still has a home. I wouldn't bring him in yet either.

Yeah, I'm very lucky in my friends! And lucky in my pop, since he makes me smile every time I look at him!
Image ImageImage Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed May 13, 2020 10:38 am

Need variant costumes!

Darthawz

Postby Darthawz » Wed May 13, 2020 10:43 am

Are you still able to do the promotion or are they all gone?

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Wed May 13, 2020 9:43 pm

Flampsy wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Flampsy wrote:So I know I'm super late to reply. I was too sick for a while but thankfully one thing that cheered me up when I was ill was FINALLY getting my lil sweet pop in the mail!

Thank you! I'm glad to be back. I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things. Thanks, I smiled when I saw he finally came in, and in great condition too!

That Glittery vest really sparkles nice.

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Thu May 14, 2020 11:30 am

rexflexall wrote:Need variant costumes!

Now that you say that :-k :-k

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Fri May 15, 2020 10:02 pm

chincoteague1 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:Need a glitter variant!

That would be awesome.

How did I not think of this. This would be the greatest!

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Fri May 22, 2020 4:55 am

Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:
Yeah, the crushed sides were bad enough, but then the tab on top was ripped in half. It hurt to see it - luckily the pop itself survived just fine. And, thanks to the kindness of friends, I now also have a near mint one, so damaged box Lil Sweet will roam the halls of my work once they stop sanitizing it weekly. Don't want to subject him to bleach if I can avoid it!

Yeah, I'm very lucky in my friends! And lucky in my pop, since he makes me smile every time I look at him!

He is adorable! With his little tiny Dr Pepper can
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Fri May 22, 2020 8:23 am

Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:

He is adorable! With his little tiny Dr Pepper can

Yes he is quite so cool.
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri May 22, 2020 12:03 pm

Need a flocked hair one! LOL

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri May 22, 2020 11:36 pm

Darthawz wrote:Are you still able to do the promotion or are they all gone?

He was gone after like 2 weeks into the promotion, and that's probably a generous timeline. Apparently he's not priced terribly in the secondary market though. Good luck!
Image ImageImage Image

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Sat May 23, 2020 12:28 am

Katers wrote:
Darthawz wrote:Are you still able to do the promotion or are they all gone?

He was gone after like 2 weeks into the promotion, and that's probably a generous timeline. Apparently he's not priced terribly in the secondary market though. Good luck!

Hey Darthawz I can help u out. \:D/ I wonder if they will make a variant of him. Like diamond.

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Sat May 23, 2020 1:15 am

rexflexall wrote:Need a flocked hair one! LOL

I’d love to just have one with the regular Dr Pepper as opposed to the Diet 8-[
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Sat May 23, 2020 2:37 am

I'm going back and forth between liking this idea but also liking the fact there's only one of him and not a ton of variants. And that you had to do something different to get him
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Sat May 23, 2020 8:56 am

I got notification that mine had shipped and I never received it...

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun May 24, 2020 3:19 am

Flampsy wrote:

I'm going back and forth between liking this idea but also liking the fact there's only one of him and not a ton of variants. And that you had to do something different to get him

Yeah, that's a good point - I really like that we put work into getting this pop, rather than just good timing at a store. Makes for a fun story if nothing else - the quest for the unnecessary blue-labeled bottles, the blurry photos, all that stuff!
Image ImageImage Image

millone

Postby millone » Sun May 24, 2020 2:54 pm

Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:

Yeah, that's a good point - I really like that we put work into getting this pop, rather than just good timing at a store. Makes for a fun story if nothing else - the quest for the unnecessary blue-labeled bottles, the blurry photos, all that stuff!

Unnecessary blue labeld bottles. Thats hilarious and so true. But i have to throw in there that its free...

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Sun May 24, 2020 6:47 pm

millone wrote:
Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:I'm going back and forth between liking this idea but also liking the fact there's only one of him and not a ton of variants. And that you had to do something different to get him

Unnecessary blue labeld bottles. Thats hilarious and so true. But i have to throw in there that its free...

True, except for making me buy 3 bottles of Dr Pepper when I normally only have one per year lol but the pop itself is free which is a major plus
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Sun May 24, 2020 6:49 pm

Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:

Very true. And this one was more of a joint effort of everyone on here helping each other to figure out/understand the rules, where to find the bottles, what time to send the codes in, if the codes are working, what happens if you don't get a confirmation, etc. And yes, makes for a fun story behind how we got this particular pop
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

Return to “Pop!”