Dr. Pepper's Lil" Sweet!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
millone

Re: Dr. Pepper's Lil" Sweet!

Postby millone » Sun May 24, 2020 10:19 pm

Flampsy wrote:
millone wrote:
Katers wrote:
Yeah, that's a good point - I really like that we put work into getting this pop, rather than just good timing at a store. Makes for a fun story if nothing else - the quest for the unnecessary blue-labeled bottles, the blurry photos, all that stuff!

Unnecessary blue labeld bottles. Thats hilarious and so true. But i have to throw in there that its free...

True, except for making me buy 3 bottles of Dr Pepper when I normally only have one per year lol but the pop itself is free which is a major plus

No doubt. I charged my dr pepper to work. Ha

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 25, 2020 1:57 am

millone wrote:
Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:I'm going back and forth between liking this idea but also liking the fact there's only one of him and not a ton of variants. And that you had to do something different to get him

Yeah, that's a good point - I really like that we put work into getting this pop, rather than just good timing at a store. Makes for a fun story if nothing else - the quest for the unnecessary blue-labeled bottles, the blurry photos, all that stuff!

Unnecessary blue labeld bottles. Thats hilarious and so true. But i have to throw in there that its free...

Oh, no complaints here! I enjoyed the whole experience - I wanted the blue bottles the same way I want a chase in the wild! The end result being a pop coming my way made me smile no matter what!

The funniest part of those blue-labeled bottles for me was that the first time I found them was in the CVS down the street from Funko Hollywood. And then of course after that I was seeing them everywhere! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 25, 2020 2:04 am

Flampsy wrote:
millone wrote:
Katers wrote:

True, except for making me buy 3 bottles of Dr Pepper when I normally only have one per year lol but the pop itself is free which is a major plus

lol I don't even drink Dr. Pepper, I just love the commercials! I bought 6 bottles and gave them away to friends after I sent in my pictures!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 25, 2020 2:17 am

Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:I'm going back and forth between liking this idea but also liking the fact there's only one of him and not a ton of variants. And that you had to do something different to get him

Very true. And this one was more of a joint effort of everyone on here helping each other to figure out/understand the rules, where to find the bottles, what time to send the codes in, if the codes are working, what happens if you don't get a confirmation, etc. And yes, makes for a fun story behind how we got this particular pop

So true! Without the help in here, I would have been so confused! I am always grateful for our community , and the help and support everyone here gives so freely!
Image ImageImage Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue May 26, 2020 12:29 pm

Need a chase of some kind for this one!

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Sat May 30, 2020 5:43 am

Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
millone wrote:Unnecessary blue labeld bottles. Thats hilarious and so true. But i have to throw in there that its free...

lol I don't even drink Dr. Pepper, I just love the commercials! I bought 6 bottles and gave them away to friends after I sent in my pictures!

I have only had 1 bottle so far this year. The other 5 are in the refrigerator. I should check to see their expiration dates lol
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
San Diego Comic Con 2007-2019, 2022-2024
Wonder Con 2012-2019

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Sat May 30, 2020 5:46 am

Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:

Very true. And this one was more of a joint effort of everyone on here helping each other to figure out/understand the rules, where to find the bottles, what time to send the codes in, if the codes are working, what happens if you don't get a confirmation, etc. And yes, makes for a fun story behind how we got this particular pop

So true! Without the help in here, I would have been so confused! I am always grateful for our community , and the help and support everyone here gives so freely!

I couldn't have said it better myself! Yes the rules and the timing and everything was confusing. I kept checking back here to see if anyone figured anything out. I'm glad we all have each other. Thank you everyone :hello1:
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Sat May 30, 2020 5:47 am

millone wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
millone wrote:Unnecessary blue labeld bottles. Thats hilarious and so true. But i have to throw in there that its free...

No doubt. I charged my dr pepper to work. Ha

That's perfect! You win lol free pop and free Dr Peppers!
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:14 am

Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:True, except for making me buy 3 bottles of Dr Pepper when I normally only have one per year lol but the pop itself is free which is a major plus

I have only had 1 bottle so far this year. The other 5 are in the refrigerator. I should check to see their expiration dates lol

I just bought a 6-pack, purely to stage photos with when I feel like it! No super creative ideas yet for them, but they are there if the mood strikes!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:15 am

Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:

I couldn't have said it better myself! Yes the rules and the timing and everything was confusing. I kept checking back here to see if anyone figured anything out. I'm glad we all have each other. Thank you everyone :hello1:

:ptp: - we still need that group hug smilie!
Image ImageImage Image

Rickakatuna

Postby Rickakatuna » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:35 am

Wonder if we get a variant of lil sweet holding a normal de pepper
Hi Im Ricky
Im into Anime, Marvel, Dc, Disney, Fantastik Plastik, Rick & Morty, Freddy funko and Ad Icons
Pops:700+
Dorbz:30+
Been collecting since 2014
ISO: Dragon Ball Protos and my hero academia

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:12 am

I want variants! LOL

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:00 am

Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:

yes we do! Look what I found though!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:02 am

Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:

I just bought a 6-pack, purely to stage photos with when I feel like it! No super creative ideas yet for them, but they are there if the mood strikes!

I should do picture before I drink all of mine (I say this as if I'll drink them all in the next week or so....riiiiigghhhttt :rolleyes: )
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:32 am

Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:

Where has that been all our lives?? I swear that's new! And I love it!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:33 am

Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:I have only had 1 bottle so far this year. The other 5 are in the refrigerator. I should check to see their expiration dates lol

I should do picture before I drink all of mine (I say this as if I'll drink them all in the next week or so....riiiiigghhhttt :rolleyes: )

Depends on whether you have cans or bottles - if it's cans, we won't know what's in them! Bottles are a little tricker! lol
Image ImageImage Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:51 am

We need a glitter variant! LOL

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:01 pm

So get this, I stopped by my QT convenience store and noticed they still had a LIl' Sweet sticker up on the beverage door. What caught my eye was the mention that you need to buy 4 Dr Pepper instead of 3. As I read the entire thing, it appears these are still available and they're now in the convenience store (while supplies last). I checked around the register and saw 4 behind it. I did have to remind the cashier when I was checking out about the free Pop, but he promptly handed it to me after doing so.
Poppin'

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:34 pm

theraven00 wrote:So get this, I stopped by my QT convenience store and noticed they still had a LIl' Sweet sticker up on the beverage door. What caught my eye was the mention that you need to buy 4 Dr Pepper instead of 3. As I read the entire thing, it appears these are still available and they're now in the convenience store (while supplies last). I checked around the register and saw 4 behind it. I did have to remind the cashier when I was checking out about the free Pop, but he promptly handed it to me after doing so.

Oh wow - that's new. Thanks for sharing!
Keep the MOTU line coming! :cherry:
Image Image Image Image Image

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:23 pm

Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:

I know right?! I was wayyyy too excited to find that smilie emoji thingy! Maybe they felt we needed it after sheltering in place lol
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:27 pm

Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:

Depends on whether you have cans or bottles - if it's cans, we won't know what's in them! Bottles are a little tricker! lol

It's the bottles, everyone would know! 8-[ :eek:
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

codytranum

Postby codytranum » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:32 pm

Oh, still available? That's interesting

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:30 am

Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:

I know right?! I was wayyyy too excited to find that smilie emoji thingy! Maybe they felt we needed it after sheltering in place lol

They would not be wrong!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:31 am

Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:

Refill with watered down coffee? (Bleh!) lol
Image ImageImage Image

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:05 pm

Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:

eeeewwwwww!!!!! I don't think we'd get the look of Dr. Pepper, just more of a gross...something lol
Oh god, I'd probably forget it was watered down coffee and accidentally to drink it #-o
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:10 am

Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:

eeeewwwwww!!!!! I don't think we'd get the look of Dr. Pepper, just more of a gross...something lol
Oh god, I'd probably forget it was watered down coffee and accidentally to drink it #-o

Ugh, never mind then - stick with the empty bottles!

Anyone else feel like Lil' Sweet and Jack Box are meant to be besties? \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:46 pm

Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:

Good idea ;)

That'd be cool. I keep seeing that "duet" commercial for Dr. Pepper and Cream Soda. Maybe sometime in the future?
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

jondru

Postby jondru » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:36 pm

justin guarini?
Andrew

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:57 am

Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:eeeewwwwww!!!!! I don't think we'd get the look of Dr. Pepper, just more of a gross...something lol

Good idea ;)

That'd be cool. I keep seeing that "duet" commercial for Dr. Pepper and Cream Soda. Maybe sometime in the future?

Well, if the advertisers won't make it happen, we'll just have to work our magic!
Image ImageImage Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:36 am

Still want that scented version!

codytranum

Postby codytranum » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:58 am

rexflexall wrote:Still want that scented version!

Maybe Funko could strike a deal with the people who make Dr Pepper chapstick? The artificial scent on those is incredibly strong lol

Return to “Pop!”